PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bill Simmons on Chiefs/Raiders

Hootie
09-13-2008, 03:14 PM
CHIEFS (-3.5) over Raiders
Yeah, um, I kinda wish I had remembered the whole "Al Davis tried to fire Lane Kiffin, who tried to fire Rob Ryan, only nobody got fired, and now they're all awkwardly working together with an extremely raw quarterback" thing before I grabbed the points against Denver last Monday. So, yeah. Anyway …

Sad statement on Brodie Croyle's career: When Damon Huard replaces you after an injury and everyone agrees the team just made an enormous leap offensively.

Chiefs fans want you to know Sammy Morris blocked Bernard Pollard into Tom Brady's knee, even if the replays don't back this up even remotely. Whatever. But after watching the play another 75 times, it dawned on me that Sammy was more to blame than Pollard for the 2008 Patriots season going down the tubes. Sammy, why are you going low on Bernard Pollard like he's a 345-pound defensive lineman? And if you want to go even further, if Kevin Faulk hadn't decided to get high at a Lil' Wayne concert, he wouldn't have been suspended for Week 1, he would been playing that down, he would have pancaked Pollard, and my man Brady would still be playing now. Did you ever think Lil' Wayne would be directly involved in the murder of a Patriots season? My head hurts.

kcchiefsus
09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Since when does everybody agree on that? Hell, it has been said that the team has to dial back the offense due to Huard not being as mobile as Croyle or Thigpen.

keg in kc
09-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays.

CupidStunt
09-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Since when does everybody agree on that? Hell, it has been said that the team has to dial back the offense due to Huard not being as mobile as Croyle or Thigpen.

Maybe he should've been clearer.

"Everyone who has a clue about football."

Reaper16
09-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Bill Simmons on
[/stops reading]

kstater
09-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Maybe he should've been clearer.

"Everyone who has a clue about football."

:rolleyes:

Sully
09-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Pollard was NOT blocked into Brady's knee. That's silly. he was, however, being layed on top of by another player... and a rare few seem to be under the impression that Pollard should have quit trying to finish his task (getting to the QB) at that point.

Often times, when we have a walk-thru practice where I coach, when the offense is going through plays, they'll walk up to the line and tell the D-lineman they are going to cut him, so he "plays dead." It seems Simmons, and others criticizing this hit are advocating NFL players do that... in full pads...during real games.
Amazing.

irishjayhawk
09-13-2008, 03:22 PM
stops reading

He used to be good. Now he's just a tool for ESPN.

kstater
09-13-2008, 03:23 PM
stops reading

Come on now, his all-Tom Brady Mailbag was absolutely riveting.

Hootie
09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Pollard was NOT blocked into Brady's knee. That's silly. he was, however, being layed on top of by another player... and a rare few seem to be under the impression that Pollard should have quit trying to finish his task (getting to the QB) at that point.

Often times, when we have a walk-thru practice where I coach, when the offense is going through plays, they'll walk up to the line and tell the D-lineman they are going to cut him, so he "plays dead." It seems Simmons, and others criticizing this hit are advocating NFL players do that... in full pads...during real games.
Amazing.

Dude, if Tom Brady was our QB...and Rodney Harrison did what Pollard would do...we'd be bitching just like Bill Simmons (diehard Patriots fan) is...

It was ruled a legal hit, he had no ill will, we're Chiefs fans so we see this...

But shit, the Geathers hit on Green a few years ago is pretty comparable to the hit on Brady if you ask me. Geathers didn't mean anything by it, Eddie Kennison kind of blocked him into Green, etc. etc. etc. and a LOT of us were pretty friggin' ticked off at the guy.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Sad statement on Brodie Croyle's career: When Damon Huard replaces you after an injury and everyone agrees the team just made an enormous leap offensively.Oh Bill Simmons, you clueless, untalented card you.

irishjayhawk
09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Dude, if Tom Brady was our QB...and Rodney Harrison did what Pollard would do...we'd be bitching just like Bill Simmons (diehard Patriots fan) is...

It was ruled a legal hit, he had no ill will, we're Chiefs fans so we see this...

But shit, the Geathers hit on Green a few years ago is pretty comparable to the hit on Brady if you ask me. Geathers didn't mean anything by it, Eddie Kennison kind of blocked him into Green, etc. etc. etc. and a LOT of us were pretty friggin' ticked off at the guy.

I would call that a good comparison except Green was sliding and Brady was still in the pocket releasing a pass.

Sully
09-13-2008, 03:28 PM

I can't answer for what "we'd" be doing. Just what I'd be doing, and I would never see it as a dirty hit.

El Pendejo
09-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I dislike the chiefs as much as the next guy, but I'll never understand why chiefs fans or fans of any other teams really care what the media honks say.

As a Donks fan watching that game it was clear that Pollard didn't dive at Brady's knee. It was simply one of those unfortunate things. There really is fine line in the NFL between walking off the field and being helped off.

If I were a Chiefs fan I wouldn't be caught up in what the media thinks...I'd worry about Edwards and Co's inability to adjust to what a defense is doing to their offense.

TrickyNicky
09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
"and my man Brady would still be playing now."

Awww, he's defending his man. How precious.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2008, 03:59 PM
[/stops reading]

Exactly.

Just another bit of tripe from the Worldwide Leader of Bullshit.

damaticous
09-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I dislike the chiefs as much as the next guy, but I'll never understand why chiefs fans or fans of any other teams really care what the media honks say.

As a Donks fan watching that game it was clear that Pollard didn't dive at Brady's knee. It was simply one of those unfortunate things. There really is fine line in the NFL between walking off the field and being helped off.

If I were a Chiefs fan I wouldn't be caught up in what the media thinks...I'd worry about Edwards and Co's inability to adjust to what a defense is doing to their offense.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.. I agree.

I love my chiefs, but I believe we are in a slow spiral towards doomdome. I will continue to be a Chiefs fan as I believe we will one day be good again, but before that happens I believe we will slowly spiral down to the NFL laughing stock...yes fellow chiefs fans...just like the Raiders are now.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I feel it will as long as we have Peterson and/or Herm at the helm.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2008, 05:58 PM

says the dumbass who wastes his time coming to a Chiefs site.

J Diddy
09-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.. I agree.

I love my chiefs, but I believe we are in a slow spiral towards doomdome. I will continue to be a Chiefs fan as I believe we will one day be good again, but before that happens I believe we will slowly spiral down to the NFL laughing stock...yes fellow chiefs fans...just like the Raiders are now.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I feel it will as long as we have Peterson and/or Herm at the helm.

where is this doomdome, is it a new sports arena?