PDA

View Full Version : Football Need to make a trade for a QB sooner than later.

BigVE
09-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I know, I know. We are rebuilding but at the moment we DO NOT have an NFL QB on the roster. Period. I don't know who or how but a change needs to happen.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:01 PM
It's going to be that way for awhile......QBs are hard to come by.

Mr Luzcious
09-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Trade LJ while he still has some value.

evolve27
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Bucs are looking to get rid of Garcia. Hell do it now.

Micjones
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
"Hello? Hello? Is this Phil? Phil Savage?"

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:03 PM
People make fun of Croyle for his injuries ... Huard had "head trauma" ... ??? Awesome.

evolve27
"Hello? Hello? Is this Phil? Phil Savage?"

Heck yeah.

TN_Chief
Just a quick reminder here...Brady Quinn is not an NFL QB, or at least he hasn't proven himself to be. The majority of his stats in college were run up on cupcakes, and Cleveland was unsure enough about him that they decided to re-sign Anderson.

So let's not waste time or effort discussing trades for that hack.

kcxiv
We should look into getting Brady Quinn. maybe not for a first rounder but a 2nd and someone. This shit is horrible. 9 points per game in our first 2 games. lol

Bwana
09-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Trade LJ while he still has some value.

What value do you think he has? Honestly, I don't think there is much value left.

evolve27
We should look into getting Brady Quinn. maybe not for a first rounder but a 2nd and someone. This shit is horrible. 9 points per game in our first 2 games. lol

That someone should be LJ.

kcxiv
Just a quick reminder here...Brady Quinn is not an NFL QB, or at least he hasn't proven himself to be. The majority of his stats in college were run up on cupcakes, and Cleveland was unsure enough about him that they decided to re-sign Anderson.

He's looked pretty good in preseason. Yes, only preseason, but everyone has to start somewhere.

ILChief
09-14-2008, 03:05 PM
my god, we really should have signed Pennington and I never thought I'd say that. Culpepper is the only one that's available that has done anything in this league.

While I was being tortured watching this cluster***** of a game I kept watching the score ticker and saw the great stats put up by Trent Edwards and Aaron Rodgers and thinking why can't we have one of those?

BTW, who the hell was #10 that was playing QB on a few plays?

kcxiv

They dont need him, they have a running back already thats doing pretty decent for him.

Mr Luzcious
What value do you think he has? Honestly, I don't think there is much value left.

I'm sure there's some team out there that would give up a second rounder for him. Maybe a third. Still, better than the fourth or fifth it might be after this season is done.

evolve27
my god, we really should have signed Pennington and I never thought I'd say that. Culpepper is the only one that's available that has done anything in this league.

While I was being tortured watching this cluster***** of a game I kept watching the score ticker and saw the great stats put up by Trent Edwards and Aaron Rodgers and thinking why can't we have one of those?

BTW, who the hell was #10 that was playing QB on a few plays?

Maurice Hagans I believe. I thought he was a PS WR.

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:06 PM
I find it amusing that the only people talking about trading for Quinn are internet users on Chiefs Planet. That's all I'm saying.

PS I'd tke him in a heartbeat ... I'm just saying it's not even a likely scenario because of Chiefs management, so why talk about it?

TN_Chief
09-14-2008, 03:06 PM
He's looked pretty good in preseason. Yes, only preseason, but everyone has to start somewhere.You're right on both counts...it was only preseason (he didn't look that impressive) and everyone does have to start somewhere. But I'm not sure we've got the luxury of experimenting with a guy that built his rep playing Navy, etc.

I'd rather draft someone from a currently respectable program (which ND is not) who's played against legitimate competition.

ILChief
09-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Either Quinn, Leinart (I still think he can be good), or see how Cassell does the remainder of the year.

If we don't go that route, we HAVE to draft a QB in the first round. Unless something dramatically changes I can't see a scenario where we have worse than the 3rd pick so we should be able to get a good one. I really liked Sanchez last night vs. the Ohio State.

Basileus777
09-14-2008, 03:07 PM

LJ has no trade value. The idea of getting Quinn for him is absurd.

We will have the choice of any qb in the draft next year, thats our chance.

ILChief
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
You're right on both counts...it was only preseason (he didn't look that impressive) and everyone does have to start somewhere. But I'm not sure we've got the luxury of experimenting with a guy that built his rep playing Navy, etc.

I'd rather draft someone from a currently respectable program (which ND is not) who's played against legitimate competition.

Notre Dame plays legit competition. They play USC and most of the Big 10 every year. Look at who Ohio State and LSU play in their non-con. Navy is light years better than some of those teams.

BigVE
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
The thing is if you look ahead to next years draft NOBODY really seems to stand out and besides they will have a bigger learning curve than guys that are already in place as backups on NFL squads around the league. Heck, Trent Dilfer may come out of retirement. ???? ;)

keg in kc
09-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I'd settle for a right tackle at this point.

Bwana
I'm sure there's some team out there that would give up a second rounder for him. Maybe a third. Still, better than the fourth or fifth it might be after this season is done.

He has looked slow and is coming off a major injury from last year, not to mention, the "mystery team" would have to eat his huge contract. No, will be stuck with LJ for a long time. :shake:

TN_Chief
Notre Dame plays legit competition. They play USC and most of the Big 10 every year. Look at who Ohio State and LSU play in their non-con. Navy is light years better than some of those teams. And they get smoked by that legit competition...every time. Quinn's "career" games and rep at ND were built on a foundation of wins vs. Navy, Air Force, Stanford, etc. He had a sub-.500 record against "legit" teams.

evolve27
09-14-2008, 03:12 PM
LJ has no trade value. The idea of getting Quinn for him is absurd.

We will have the choice of any qb in the draft next year, thats our chance.

That kind of sucks, a full year w toilet QB's.

ILChief
09-14-2008, 03:12 PM
The thing is if you look ahead to next years draft NOBODY really seems to stand out and besides they will have a bigger learning curve than guys that are already in place as backups on NFL squads around the league. Heck, Trent Dilfer may come out of retirement. ???? ;)

Sanchez is starting to seperate himself from the rest. But I think he's just a junior so he'd have to come out early. As far as seniors, the top 3 accorrding to most sites are Stafford, Harper, and Cantwell. Sanchez and Tebow being the top juniors.

Personally, I'd take any of the 5.

DT58HOF
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
You're right on both counts...it was only preseason (he didn't look that impressive) and everyone does have to start somewhere. But I'm not sure we've got the luxury of experimenting with a guy that built his rep playing Navy, etc.

he did pretty good against Michigan and USC, what did you want him to do? Will you still say that ND is not good when they finish 11-1 and play in a nother BCS Bowl?

Mr Luzcious
09-14-2008, 03:15 PM
He has looked slow and is coming off a major injury from last year, not to mention, the "mystery team" would have to eat his huge contract. No, will be stuck with LJ for a long time. :shake:

:(

ILChief
And they get smoked by that legit competition...every time. Quinn's "career" games and rep at ND were built on a foundation of wins vs. Navy, Air Force, Stanford, etc. He had a sub-.500 record against "legit" teams.

You just sound like a bitter ND hater. It wasn't Quinn's fault that ND's horrible secondary let USC, OSU, and LSU receivers run wide open down the field.

L.A. Chieffan
Rebuilding. Get over it.

BigVE
09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Sanchez is starting to seperate himself from the rest. But I think he's just a junior so he'd have to come out early. As far as seniors, the top 3 accorrding to most sites are Stafford, Harper, and Cantwell. Sanchez and Tebow being the top juniors.

Personally, I'd take any of the 5.

Sanchez does NOT impress me. That USC is more talented than some NFL squads so his numbers will be skewed. Stafford would be ok with me but I dont think he will warrant a top 3 pick. Who knows, this is why I would rather try to trade for a young guy who is already on a roster and has showed a thing or two.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Sanchez does NOT impress me. That USC is more talented than some NFL squads so his numbers will be skewed. Stafford would be ok with me but I dont think he will warrant a top 3 pick. Who knows, this is why I would rather try to trade for a young guy who is already on a roster and has showed a thing or two.

Well some people weren't impressed by Matt Ryan and no QB could have done more with less with the ridiculous stats he had.

banyon
09-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Sign Tim Rattay, he's at least a legit backup.

ILChief
09-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Well what is he supposed to do, suck because he has the most talent around him?

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Well some people weren't impressed by Matt Ryan and no QB could have done more with less with the ridiculous stats he had.

Yeah, Ryan looks great now doesn't he? :rolleyes:

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM

Some people are never going to be "impressed" with a QB, some think unless you get Elway or Peyton, they don't want the guy.

triple
09-14-2008, 03:21 PM
i would be afraid they would go get a 32 year old backup and not a 25 year old backup

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:21 PM

He's won a game right?

That's more than I can say for Brodie who you pimped endlessly....

BigVE
09-14-2008, 03:22 PM

Get a clue man, an average QB is going to look very very good on that team. I think the jury is still out on how good Sanchez may be but he will have to be SUPER to impress me at this point. Several times his bad throws are caught because of stud WR's and he generally has ALL day to throw the ball. That is all I'm saying.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:23 PM
He's won a game right?

That's more than I can say for Brodie who you pimped endlessly....

a game, ROFL

kcxiv
At some point in time you gotta make a play for a good Quarterback. Peterson is scared to move up and draft one. One thing about Mike Shanahan i like is he does his things his way and if it blows up in his face, then so be it, but he's not a pussy about it.

Mecca
Get a clue man, an average QB is going to look very very good on that team. I think the jury is still out on how good Sanchez may be but he will have to be SUPER to impress me at this point. Several times his bad throws are caught because of stud WR's and he generally has ALL day to throw the ball. That is all I'm saying.

Ask John David Booty about that......it takes more than just being any old QB to play at SC.

kcxiv
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
a game, ROFL

I dont even know what its like anymore for my football team to win "a game".

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
I'd take Leinart in a heart beat given the other QBs out there.

Chrissy Simms would have worked. Hell, is Brad Johnson out there?

Mecca
a game, ROFL

Well nevermind then, I'm sure Brodie is Joe Montana like you said.

ILChief

I guess we'll see. I think he'll be a really good pro QB.

LiL stumppy
09-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Although I agree Quinn hasn't proven him self, they didn't re-sign Anderson because they were worried about Quinn. I think they wanted Anderson to be there and be a backup because he knew the system, remember Anderson wasn't a good NFL QB when they drafted Quinn, he had his first good year when it was Quinn's rookie year.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm sure Brodie is Joe Montana like you said.

where have I said that?

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I guess we'll see. I think he'll be a really good pro QB.

Sanchez is everything you want in a leader and physical tools and what he is mentally he has ALL of that.

This is his first year starting and people are jumping up and down like he's been a 2 year starter like say Stafford has.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:26 PM
where have I said that?

You made that comparison a bunch of times....

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Sanchez is everything you want in a leader and physical tools and what he is mentally he has ALL of that.

He has to develop quick with better reads, and not having so much faith in his arm when he's forcing it into double coverage.

BigVE
09-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Ask John David Booty about that......it takes more than just being any old QB to play at SC.
I agree with you. The level of talent on USC's 2nd and 3rd stringers would rival many other starting D1 teams. Sanchez has only had a hand full of games so far...I'm not ready to anoint him just yet. I dont hate the kid but I'm not going ga ga after one game against and over-rated Ohio St. team.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:28 PM
You made that comparison a bunch of times....

find it

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I agree with you. The level of talent on USC's 2nd and 3rd stringers would rival many other starting D1 teams. Sanchez has only had a hand full of games so far...I'm not ready to anoint him just yet. I dont hate the kid but I'm not going ga ga after one game against and over-rated Ohio St. team.

I don't expect him to come out to be honest about this but I see him as a real legit pro prospect, also when you talk of SC's 2nd and 3rd stringers that way, think of what he practices against.

TrickyNicky
09-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Although I agree Quinn hasn't proven him self, they didn't re-sign Anderson because they were worried about Quinn. I think they wanted Anderson to be there and be a backup because he knew the system, remember Anderson wasn't a good NFL QB when they drafted Quinn, he had his first good year when it was Quinn's rookie year.
I remember Derek's coming out party playing us and Nape Harris not even being able to push him out of bounds as he scampered for a TD. Hey, young QB's? Need a future? Circle KC on you calendars.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
So where's the post that I said Croyle is the second coming of Montana Mecca? I remember I said Croyle is as tough as Joe but never retorted that he plays like him

BigVE
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't expect him to come out to be honest about this but I see him as a real legit pro prospect, also when you talk of SC's 2nd and 3rd stringers that way, think of what he practices against.

I know you think it's your duty to pimp the SC guys and I get it but until he does it for, say, an entire season I won't be sold on him.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
I can't believe I just went digging for posts...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4149904&postcount=37

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4425540&postcount=43

Here are 2 examples of you talking of Croyle and Montana in the same posts....there are many more that I don't feel like going to find.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
I can't believe I just went digging for posts...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4149904&postcount=37

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4425540&postcount=43

Here are 2 examples of you talking of Croyle and Montana in the same posts....there are many more that I don't feel like going to find.

again, I never said he played like Joe I referred to his toughness though which directly correlates to it.

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
We should be able to get a Great QB with the #1 pick next year.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Herm is going for the 1st pick of the draft and after last year, he finally listened to the experts here.

He wants #1, not #5 now. Just imagine the results. He listened and agreed but now hes still wrong.

:evil:

TrickyNicky
09-14-2008, 04:10 PM
If Herm is actually trying now, I'd hate to see what his sandbagging for #1 overall looks like.

Gravedigger
09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't think Croyle is the problem here, he'll get better. The entire problem with the team, besides the offensive line, is with leadership and play calling. EVERY TIME WE RUN THE BALL ITS RIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE. That's why we have no running game there aren't any screens, no sweep runs, no outside running what-so-ever.

1. That's stupid not only on principle alone, if it doesn't work once try again till it doesn't work and you've lost the game.

2. We didn't once run it OFF TACKLE and I dont' really recall us doing it much in the first game either.

3. Chan Gailey needs to get his shit in gear, when we had Saunders people were confused, and I'm not talking about that Haegans, Thigpen carousel shit that you saw today. If he's supposed to revitalize this offense then he sure as hell hasn't done it.

4. Herm just has to go that is obvious. Within the first half I could tell that Herm was going to be gone at the end of this season. He only took the Jets to the playoffs once, then his last season he finished 4-12... hmmm sounds familiar to the last two years of the Chiefs.

5. With like 5 O Linemen in the top 25 of Kiper's list I think we'll have a damn good chance to improve our Oline.

6. I say trade LJ, he doesn't want to be here cause he wants to be the only running back, which is fine I think we've worn the treads on him enough. And knowing our luck he'll start playing hard once he's with a better team. I think we can get a first for him still.

7. Bring in a new coach, whether it be new blood or Marty and get this team rolling again. At the end of this year we'll be so happy that Herm is gone that we'll be welcoming almost anyone to come in. Even Al Saunders.

SAUTO
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I remember Derek's coming out party playing us and Nape Harris not even being able to push him out of bounds as he scampered for a TD. Hey, young QB's? Need a future? Circle KC on you calendars.

THAT WAS GWES, NOT HARRIS hell harris wasnt even on the team

Mecca
09-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Explain to me how a guy who can't stay on the field is not a problem?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Explain to me how a guy who can't stay on the field is not a problem?

ROFL so true

Croyle is NOT the answer. People are just retarded anymore. I think it's Carl's fault.

blueballs
09-14-2008, 04:37 PM
just find a retread for now
selling the farm for a unproven back up is not prudent
we still need back ups

SAUTO
09-14-2008, 04:38 PM
what about jp losman?

Gary
09-14-2008, 05:38 PM

He will next week!!!