PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things From Today's Crapfest

gblowfish
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Ten Thoughts From Today:

10) The area around the stadium is a frickin' mess. Just a total mess outside. And after 3 days of rain the grassy areas were mudpits. Sloppy and messy. The only thing worse than Raiders fans are wet, muddy Raiders fans. There were a lot of them there today. Thought the Chiefs stadium people did a reasonable job gettin people in today, so kudos to them. Highlight of the day.

9) Damon Huard is a total pussy. I said this same thing last year after the Denver game at home. Nobody who really wants to be a serious starting NFL QB lets "mild head trauma" keep them out of the game. He was right in front of me the whole time on the sideline. He was totally alert, looked normal to me. He put his coat on and said "Screw this, gimme a clipboard." He didn't even listen in on the QB meetings after that. He totally threw in the towel. Just pathetic. I think saying he had head trauma was a load of BS, and an excuse to play Thigpen and see what he's got. On the sideline we just thought Huard has been benched for throwing a pick. He showed no ill effects.

8) WTF is this "Slash" BS? That might work against an NCAA DII school, but not against an NFL team, even the Raiders. That was a total joke, and just plain awful.

7) Larry Johnson cannot pass block. Period. He almost got Huard killed, then Huard threw a pick on the next play. Huard is easily rattled when you knock him around, and apparently more fragile than Brokie Croyle.

6) Our run defense sucks out loud. Tamba Hali is just as easy to run over as Jared Allen was last year. Dorsey was a non-factor today. One tackle, no QB pressure, just useless. Compare that to what Oakland got out of their first pick today.

5) There will be home blackouts this year. At kickoff, the upstairs was maybe 2/3 full. By the fourth quarter, half the seats in the whole place were empty. And that thread blaming the fans for not being loud enough...Hey, the team has to do something, anything, to keep the fans in the game. They should send a thank you note to anybody who bought a ticket to this POS. Don't blame any of this on the fans. They deserve much better than this basket of crap.

4) Rebuilding doesn't have to be this ugly. We were out-coached, out played and out hustled today. Our offense is way too predictable. We ran on first down over and over and over. Difference in the game: We got 1 yard on First Down, Raiders ran for four, five, six yards on First Down. Defense created the turnover to give the offense a chance to tie the game, they pissed it away, defense ran out of gas and gave up a pathetic stand after the 2 minute mark. They gave the team a chance to win till the very end. But 300 yards rushing is way too much against a team as poor on offense as the Raiders.

3) Apparently, Chris Terry was wearing McIntosh's jersey today. He was awful, and had penalties to boot. Albert looked like he tweaked his foot injury right before the half, and gimped around the whole second half. Wouldn't be surprised to see him out next week at Atlanta.

2) BJ Sams is Eddie Drummond. We're still awful on special teams, especially on kickoff coverage. Gave up good field position way too many times.

1) Guy walking around under the press box with a "Fire King Carl" sign. The fall becomes the Winter of Discontent. Very depressing home opener. Not completely unexpected, but seriously, the Chiefs have lost 12 straight regular season games, two of those at home to Oakland. Today is the highlight of the Raiders season. They'll be circling the drain with KC fighting for the first pick in the draft come year end. KC & Oakland will be four easy wins for both San Diego and Denver. That makes their game today much more important for winning the AFC West.

CupidStunt
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Hali is a complete bust basically. Yep. But Dorsey needs a lot more time. It's two games in. Not that you're saying he is a bust or anything, but that is a SERIOUSLY hard position to learn. And his performance only seems so bad because the LBers are just terrible.

At one point they showed the stat of 14 carries up the middle for 30-something yards. Tank and Dorsey were clogging it up, but Thomas is a career backup, the ends are awful adn it was just straight awful as a team effort.

triple
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
i am glad i'm not one of those season ticket holders who are going to have their ticket prices increased 300% in the next few years

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow. We have 14 more games ... Chiefs Planet might not exist by the end of this season. Or maybe we will have to rename it? I don't disagree with you, i'm just saying ... there is 3 more months of losing ahead for our fanbase ... yikes.

Coach
Hey George, you gonna change Herm from the "Chiefs Greatest Coaches" to the "Chiefs Awful Coaches" on your website, my friend?

triple
i wouldn't be hard on dorsey. there's no one there to make them not double him, and he's still learning. guys 2 games into their careers deserve a little slack.

GMs failing for 20 years do not

beach tribe
Point 8 is halarious. Pull, a guy off the practice squad, and put him behind center.

LEAVE THE DAMN QB IN THERE. Vanilla Vick is just as capable as this idiot so lets waste some snaps on this retarded shit.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Albert is starting to concern me a little with his injury bugs.....

gblowfish
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey George, you gonna change Herm from the "Chiefs Greatest Coaches" to the "Chiefs Awful Coaches" on your website, my friend?

May have to seriously consider that. He's not on the list for his work with the Chiefs, that's for sure.

kc rush
09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Ten Thoughts From Today:

9) Damon Huard is a total pussy. I said this same thing last year after the Denver game at home. Nobody who really wants to be a serious starting NFL QB lets "mild head trauma" keep them out of the game. He was right in front of me the whole time on the sideline. He was totally alert, looked normal to me. He put his coat on and said "Screw this, gimme a clipboard." He didn't even listen in on the QB meetings after that. He totally threw in the towel. Just pathetic. I think saying he had head trauma was a load of BS, and an excuse to play Thigpen and see what he's got. On the sideline we just thought Huard has been benched for throwing a pick. He showed no ill effects.

I can't stand Huard, but they just played clips of him on 810, and him being out was basically a Herm decision.

I'm so glad I gave up my season tix this year.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't think it's the players soley. I think it's the coaches drafting players they think can work within the system instead of finding players well suited for our system. Ryan Simms is classic example. He wasn't made for the type of defense we tried to run nor was he good enough to learn it.

I think we have done an excellent job of collecting the worst coaches in the league.

Here's to Bill Cowher in 2009.

Coach
09-14-2008, 03:43 PM
May have to seriously consider that. He's not on the list for his work with the Chiefs, that's for sure.

Well, let me help you with that my friend.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4975349&postcount=54

My reasoning for why Herm is a failure.

1. Remember this article? (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16406684.htm)

- Only a f**king moron could take over this team, watch the offense flop, then blame the SYSTEM for it. I mean... the offensive system has always been a problem, right? At the time, the scheme was not the goddamn problem, the players already know it and set RECORDS WITH IT. How in the hell can you simplify a offense, if we don't even have a goddamn playaction that was non-existiant in the first place? And of course, now our offense is EXACTLY what Herm wants, a GOOD NFL EUROPE offense instead of an ACTUAL NFL OFFENSE.

I guess this quote sums up well, eh?

"When we score seven points, I’ll say we’re slow starting. If we score 21 points, I’ll say, ‘Whoa, we scored a lot of points.’ Twenty-one points – that’s a lot of points. Thirty points? That isn’t even a football game. That’s Arena Football. We’re talking about real football.”

2. Clock-management skills is horrible.

- Last time I checked, he's still the ONLY NFL coach to have a clock management coach, yet we all wonder why he still sucks at it? Come on man, if you have a clock management coach, you sure as hell don't belong in the NFL. Case in point, during the playoffs when the Chiefs needed a score and in a hurry, I was screaming at the TV during the game to hurry the f**k up!

9 minutes left and the Chiefs were lazily huddling and walking to the line of scrimmage....it was f**king disgusting, and Herm just stood their with that stupid f**king "Herm" look on his stupid f**king Herm face. I KNEW we're f**ked.

The object of the game off football on offense is to score a TD everytime you have the ball. Belichick knows this, Herman Edwards and the rest of the coaching staff doesn't.

Case in point. New England is up 42-10, 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter, heading to the 4th quarter. It's 4th quarter, 4 and 1 on the Buffalo 10.....and goes for it, adding ANOTHER TD 3 plays later.

On the same day, earlier, 1:15 left until halftime, with 3 TO's left, tie score vs the defending champs, Herman F**king Edwards goes to the locker room. Another play, 8 minutes left, tie score, 3rd and long and a submitting draw play/punt.

Something reeks here.

3. Firing assistant coaches who did NOT deserved to be fired, and hanging on to assistant coaches who has no business of being in the NFL.

- Explain to me why Terry Shea deserved to be fired in 2007 and replaced by Dickless Curling? After Trent having a MVP-like for almost 4 seasons, and not to mention that despite Damon's limitations and all, that Damon looked like a actual f**king QB, Terry Shea was replaced by Dickless Curling, who has no business of being in the NFL. Explain to me why Mike Priefer is still coaching for the special teams, when it's obvious that our special teams play have majorly sucked ass the last two years? I can go on and on on this subject, but i'll just leave it as this.

4. Lacks accountability/authority.

- Everybody remembered the HBO Hard Knocks fiasco where Herm and Dickless Curling was wanting to go with Brodie, but somehow Kingless Carla meddled into the situation perferring that Damon Horrid start the season. Even when it was CLEARLY obvious that pre-season that Croyle was outperforming Damon Horrid, Horrid somehow got the starting job. Huh? Of course it's obvious that Carl wanted Damon Horrid to be the starter becuase he KNOWS that he's in deep s**t already with the fans. He KNOWS that the Chiefs are going to suck this year, regardless of if it's Huard or Croyle back there. Carl is trying to save face, and hope for a 9-7 so he can just raise the f**king ticket prices, AGAIN! So, Herman F**king Edwards should had told him "F**k you, I'm starting Croyle, and if you don't like it, kiss my ass."

Even if it means Herm losing his job, I would have a hell of a respect for Herm if he grew some balls and went after Carl on that situation.

And when things goes wrong on the team, Herm does not accept the responsbility that a Head Coach should. He just either pass it to others or to the players, or well known as throwing others under the bus.

And finally, I'll never get over the "Get over it! It happens. It’s called life" comment. Motherf**ker should had been fired right after that press conference.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Where's the guy who wanted to bet that Hali would get double digit sacks...

Bwana
09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Where's the guy who wanted to bet that Hali would get double digit sacks...

Reloading the crack pipe before making his next bet? :shrug:

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Albert is starting to concern me a little with his injury bugs.....

did he get nicked up today?

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 03:49 PM
did he get nicked up today?

Read George's number 3:

"Albert looked like he tweaked his foot injury right before the half, and gimped around the whole second half. Wouldn't be surprised to see him out next week at Atlanta. "

FAX
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Good analysis and post, Mr. gblowfish.

8) WTF is this "Slash" BS? That might work against an NCAA DII school, but not against an NFL tieam, even the Raiders. That was a total joke, and just plain awful.

ROFL ... true, but ROFL

7) Larry Johnson cannot pass block. Period. He almost got Huard killed, then Huard threw a pick on the next play. Huard is easily rattled when you knock him around, and apparently more fragile than Brokie Croyle.

I am permanently off LJ's bandwagon of woe. I was one of the unfortunate posters who took the beatdown after calling for his trade before resigning. But that's ancient history, now. The lack of pass blocking just adds insult to injury. All the hype in the world isn't going to redeem this clown. Put him back in diapers, so far as I'm concerned.

5) There will be home blackouts this year. ...

Good. Anything to get Clarkie's attention. He needs to step in. Soon. Herm is lost.

4) Rebuilding doesn't have to be this ugly. We were out-coached, out played and out hustled today. Our offense is way too predictable. We ran on first down over and over and over. Difference in the game: We got 1 yard on First Down, Raiders ran for four, five, six yards on First Down. ...

I still don't understand why people continue to defend our offensive gameplanning. It's inexcusable, frankly. Gailey isn't Solari, but you wouldn't know it from our offensive approach on game day. Repeating the same failed tactic over and over is the very definition of insanity. Sure, you have to execute, but you can't do what Gailey is doing and have any realistic expectation of reasonable execution. Not in this league.

FAX

blueballs
09-14-2008, 04:28 PM
#11 You'll be sitting next to people who got the tickets free from here on out
help out the homeless and buy those fans a hotdog

Manila-Chief
09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I still don't understand why people continue to defend our offensive gameplanning. It's inexcusable, frankly. Gailey isn't Solari, but you wouldn't know it from our offensive approach on game day. Repeating the same failed tactic over and over is the very definition of insanity. Sure, you have to execute, but you can't do what Gailey is doing and have any realistic expectation of reasonable execution. Not in this league.

FAX

I agree FAX!!! I thought Chan was suppose to mix things up, play action, bootleg??? He is more bland than Herm No wonder Herm Hired him.

I'm not sure whether Solari is a good OC or not. He got scolded publicly after his first game. Until he is able to be a OC under a real HC, we can not be sure!!!

I agree with Coach about Herm coming in and messing up the O. He told us he was leaving it in tact ... then changed the philosophy. DV wanted to score a TD every time we touched the ball. Herm is afraid of scoring. He is out of touch with reality and needs to go ASAP!!!!

I'm okay with rebuilding. But, play the games to win ... not play it in Herm's philosophy. After playing N.E. so close I expected us to win. Not with Herm as coach!!!!!!!!

Oh! If this is really rebuilding ... Why didn't he start Thigpen. Yeah, we may get beat but he would have gained experience and the coaching staff gains insight into his ability.... and, seems like we got beat anyway????

I wish I had not renewed my NFL Sunday Ticket.

Chiefshrink
09-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Didn't have an opportunity to see the game today and glad I didn't from the sounds of it. Herm is not a head coach,he is an assistant at best. He shows no balls with calling the shots. As someone said earlier it was evident in "Hard Knocks" that Carl calls the shots and that is why Herm was hired because Carl can puppetteer Herm(ala yes man). Their is no leadership on this team. It is though everyone is waiting on someone else to take the lead. When you have that situation it means there is no coaching leadership as well.

Hopefully Clark is realizing sooner than later that he will have to make some hard decisions. Let's hope Clark has a much BIGGER pair than his father ever had.:shake:

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Hali was totally pushed around today-it was bad. I predict the Cheatin Donks will hang 400 yards of rushing on us they way we are playing.

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Didn't have an opportunity to see the game today and glad I didn't from the sounds of it. Herm is not a head coach,he is an assistant at best. He shows no balls with calling the shots. As someone said earlier it was evident in "Hard Knocks" that Carl calls the shots and that is why Herm was hired because Carl can puppetteer Herm(ala yes man). Their is no leadership on this team. It is though everyone is waiting on someone else to take the lead. When you have that situation it means there is no coaching leadership as well.

Hopefully Clark is realizing sooner than later that he will have to make some hard decisions. Let's hope Clark has a much BIGGER pair than his father ever had.:shake:

Clark IS the problem-does he even come to the games? Jackson county coughed up biziions for this team-and the Cheaps just sit back and play a bunch of off the street nobodies??

This is the the worst attempt at Rebuilding I have ever saw.

gblowfish
09-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Like I've said before, for the organization, this season is about one thing and one thing only:

Stadium Renovations.

That's it. They have no plans to win this year. That's why they are $30 million under the cap. That's why they'd run the glorified wishbone with a Rams castoff. Man, if you're not good enough to make the Rams, then wtf?

Maybe we can trade LJ to St. Louis for Trent Green and Eddie Kennison. They can't be any worse than what we saw today.

aturnis
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hali is a complete bust basically.

As the right DE yes. I think he would be better served on the left side. Chiefs SERIOUSLY need a Prime time DE next season to go along with their new MLB. Hopefully they'll move Tamba back to the left side then.

beach tribe
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
As the right DE yes. I think he would be better served on the left side. Chiefs SERIOUSLY need a Prime time DE next season to go along with their new MLB. Hopefully they'll move Tamba back to the left side then.

Jared Allen got a sack today. A few more hits on the QB as well.

Who cares though right? We have LJ.