PDA

View Full Version : Misc Is The City Turning The Corner?

Dayze
09-14-2008, 06:53 PM
...with regard to holding (or at least attempt to) the Chiefs accountable for fielding average (at best) teams year in, and year out?

I was listening to the 810 postgame stream, and a particular caller was critical of the local media for being harsh etc. Clinksdale (as much as he irritates me) responded with something to the effect of "If anything, the media & fans hasn't been tough enough on this team". He mentioned other cities, where such mediocirty (being generous here) would be met with fierce opposition (Philly, NY, etc).

Given how poorly the Chiefs have performed in the last 12+ games, and 15+ years, I wonder if the fans and media will finally begin the revolution?

More importantly, I wonder if the Chiefs/Clark will give a sh*t.

Time's Yours
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
The fans have been supportive in the past because, for the most part, the team has been winning.

The Chiefs weren't selling out games when they sucked in the '80's. The fans have never been supportive of a team this bad. I think even today, fans in KC would be supportive of a 9-7 team. Just not an 11-game losing streak.

Dayze
09-14-2008, 07:08 PM
true; but I question what the support would be like even if we had an 8-8 team etc.
Personally, the fact we haven't won a playoff game in 15 years is enough to demand a top to bottom cleansing.

StcChief
09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
It's the Stadium rebuild construction that is keeping the fans away /Chiefs front offic

Howlin Wolf
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
let's hope baby Hunt gets rid of carl and herm.

Dayze
09-14-2008, 07:17 PM
It's the Stadium rebuild construction that is keeping the fans away /Chiefs front offic

ah...I forgot about that.
You're right.:D