PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Any Chance Hunt will fire Herm if the streak hits twelve?

Red Dawg
09-15-2008, 06:26 AM
I like Herms direction with the youth but I was at the game and the oofense was scary clueless. LJ is hardly used and he even comes out on 3rd down. The WR at QB is unforgiveable and LJ sitting out the 2 minute drill is plain stupid.

I can no longer simply just say we are young and it's going to be tough. Alot of what was wrong yesterday was coaching staff BS.

If we don't beat Atl and end the streak, I say fire Herm. If LJ doesn't get 25 carries then I say fire Herm.

Little Bigfoot
09-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Terrible HC, overpaid HB, BS overload...Bad decisions=Bad results.

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 06:33 AM
LJ's sitting out on third down and out the 2-minute drill is a direct reflection of his inability to block on third down. He is a liability in pass protection, plain and simple.

Nightfyre
09-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Pfft. **** LJ.

09-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Screw Herm. Fire Carl damnit.

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 06:41 AM
lol

booger
09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
If i'm Clark i don't fire Herm (more on that in a bit) but i do fire Carl today.

Enough is enough. There is nothing but negativity that surrounds Carl. The snide prick comment he made to Whitlock after the NE game that "well this sure wasn't a 5th preseason game for them was it" was pretty damn arrogant and typical of Carl. All Carl has control of now is trying to sell tickets. Like that is gonna happen. Matter of Fact if he did get fired that may get a handful of people to signup lol.

The big thing with Carl is he is not part of future plans and isn't currently helping matters because of who he is. A prick who people can't stand and every time he is interview or seen on a tv or his name is even mentioned it makes most(i assume most like me can't stand him) of the fans irritated. Why not fix at least that part of it? End half of the speculation to the future.

I'd name Kuharich INTERIM GM. In the meantime Clark could take the rest of the season to talk to his league contacts on who would be the best candidates to interview when possible either during, twards the end, or the end of the season. It also is somewhat common practice nowadays to hire a search firm for HC and GM candidates.

Kuharich has interviewed quite a few times in the last 4 plus years for GM gigs. The rest of the season for a job trial wouldn't be only for us but other teams as well to determin if his best fit is just as a VP of Personell or not. Put the pressure on him and his career.

Denny Thum is a 25 plus yr employee starting off as a staff accountant. He is part of the Business operations not a football man. If he is retained it is simply because the hunt family trust him with their money. His only football duties are when it comes to contracts.

Rather than promote Gun or Gailey to HC and fire Herm, give Herm the rest of the season. It can only help to get Carl out of the building because the BS and blame game between the two of them over the past couple years does nothing to help this team or the players and coaches that are in the same building.

If i'm Clark I tell Kuharich and Herm that these are the young players they wanted and most the vets they wanted to keep. Take these 14 games and show me you deserve your jobs. Herm always tells players in the preseason they are not only playing for KC but jobs with other teams. Flip it back in his face. He will get the hint. Herm needs that pressure to. Prove he is a HC.

This doesn't mean turn it over to Huard either. If until Brodie is back fine that's ok. But like yesterday get Thigpen his reps when we can and also take a long look at Martin. Also if McIntosh, Nap harris, D. Edwards, or even LJ do not fit what we currently need, cut them. Leave the fact that 3 of them were FA signings last year and LJ may have been a mistake and move on. If they can't or won't play like they should cut them and Give Herm and Kuharich a get out of jail for Free card.

There is nothing against the rules of looking at vets that want to play and can help this year. Like a Victor Hobson, maybe a OL or DE, etc. If they want the big $$ forget it and move on to the next guy. Let Ray Farmer work the practice squad like last year looking for players to improve the team.

In Short let Herm and Bill see how well they can work together themselves but with the huge bonus of Carl not looking over their shoulders.

If it doesn't work after the end of the year to Clark's likeing fine, clean house.

2 people speculated to be high on the list of VP of football operations(or basically a GM roll without total control) if Bill Cowher was to come back to coaching are Denny Thum (as a business/contract guy) and our own college scouting director Chuck Cook(as a pro/college personell guy), plus a few others from other teams. But those 2 were mentioned this offseason if Cowher would have takin the redskins job and before Carolina decided to keep their HC and GM.

I know it's a longshot that Cowher would leave and his family enjoys the new home their in NC, but make him the highest paid HC and maybe that changes things. He was a long time Marty asst coach in CLE and here but was only exposed to 3 or 4 years to the dickbag Carl before he went off on his own to become a HC at the age of 34 or 35.

But if i was Clark I would without a doubt fire Carl today and let Kuharich and Herm sink or swim. JMO.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-15-2008, 07:10 AM
If I've ever seen a team playing for the #1 pick... this was the game. pathetic.

CupidStunt
09-15-2008, 07:17 AM
****** 25 carries for LJ. He'd be lucky to get two if I was the coach.

Smith and Charles all the way.

Chief Henry
09-15-2008, 07:25 AM
I like Herms direction with the youth but I was at the game and the oofense was scary clueless. LJ is hardly used and he even comes out on 3rd down. The WR at QB is unforgiveable and LJ sitting out the 2 minute drill is plain stupid.

I can no longer simply just say we are young and it's going to be tough. Alot of what was wrong yesterday was coaching staff BS.

If we don't beat Atl and end the streak, I say fire Herm. If LJ doesn't get 25 carries then I say fire Herm.

He better not wait that long.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:29 AM
I think after 16 regular season games going back to last year, IF herm cant win at least 3 of the next 4, he should be gone...

No excuses, the guy is just not an NFL headcoach. And his "eye" for talent is starting to develop a catterac.

Red Dawg
09-15-2008, 07:34 AM
I think after 16 regular season games going back to last year, IF herm cant win at least 3 of the next 4, he should be gone...

No excuses, the guy is just not an NFL headcoach. And his "eye" for talent is starting to develop a catterac.

I like his eye for talent. We have drafted alot better but the one glaring down fall is the O-line. This is where we are the worst, we could have used some young vets and chose not to get any.

booger
09-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Well bobgretz.com's daily morning cup o'chiefs isn't up today yet. Pretty strange, he has them up by 6 or just after every day.

Maybe he's being told to stay quiet for awhile today while some "meetings are on going"

One could only hope.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:41 AM
I like his eye for talent. We have drafted alot better but the one glaring down fall is the O-line. This is where we are the worst, we could have used some young vets and chose not to get any.
Go back and look at Herms history for OL play, it has always been one of the worst in the league.. For a guy that has an eye for talent, he sure cant fill one of the most important positions in the league...

Fish
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
You've been told the entire offseason that we were going to suck through this rebuilding year. And now that it's playing out exactly like what was expected you think the coach is going to get fired after the 2nd game?

And what coach do you think would want to jump into the beginning of this season with this team?

angelo
09-15-2008, 07:51 AM
I would rather have them totally clean house at the end of the year.

Take the cap hit and trade Lj for draft picks. I don't think we would get a first but maybe a second and a fifth.

Bench Macintosh and start Richardson or Taylor.
Trade Surtain, Edwards(Ron),B.j. Sams all for cheap draft picks 5,6,7

If we are going to suck let's be the Bad News Bears of Football

We should at least get some picks for next year.

I will say one thing the defense has got to be exhausted.

Ang

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 08:19 AM
All this week, let's line up the Chiefs as the Royals and the Royals as the Chiefs.

gblowfish
09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Is the team making money?
Yes.
Are the mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet?
No.

No changes.
Case closed.

chiefsngop
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Can't start a new thread as I'm a n00b but ;

Is there anyway we could get a petition going addressed to Clark Hunt asking for Herm and Carl's job ?

Or at a minimum Carl's ?

I know it wouldn't get them canned but could at least send a message .....

King_Chief_Fan
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Yes.
No.

No changes.
Case closed.

ROFLROFL

Basileus777
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
There is no chance Hunt fires Herm midseason.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Herm has this year and next. If no improvement comes by 2009, he is gone. Which actually sucking balls next year would be nice as a bumper crop of QB's could be in the draft.

Coach
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Herm has this year and next. If no improvement comes by 2009, he is gone. Which actually sucking balls next year would be nice as a bumper crop of QB's could be in the draft.

No. No. No.

Herm has go to go. His coaching philosophy is severly outdated. I can't fathom that it has to be Gailey calling the ****ing handoffs on every first down right up behind the guard's ass every time.

This is no change from what happened last year under Solari. I thought there would be improvement, but as long as Herm has his hands on the offense, it's not going to change.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-15-2008, 11:35 AM
You might as well wait until the end of the season. All you would do is name one of Herm's croonies the interim Head Coach, and that would be just as bad.

RustShack
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Its not going to matter who we hand the ball to or who our QB is, the line ****ing blows. LT in the first, RT in the second, Alberts back to guard, great line in the making again.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-15-2008, 11:56 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/15oxwra.jpg

Mr. Laz
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
nope

Programmer
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes.
No.

No changes.
Case closed.

Are the chiefs mathematically eliminated? NO, but they will be in short order.

Micjones
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
You mean Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards are still gainfully employed by this franchise?

They should've both been canned yesterday.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Are the chiefs mathematically eliminated? NO, but they will be in short order.
Until then, Carl will gladly accept your playoff money..

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
You mean Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards are still gainfully employed by this franchise?

They should've both been canned yesterday.
Yes and True Fans will be callin up 810 and KK wanting to know why Downfield BigQuitter didnt save the day...

FAX
09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Well bobgretz.com's daily morning cup o'chiefs isn't up today yet. Pretty strange, he has them up by 6 or just after every day.

Maybe he's being told to stay quiet for awhile today while some "meetings are on going"

One could only hope.

Oooooohhhhiiiiieeee.

The mere thought of such a thing fostered a cathartic reaction that began in my left foot, ran up my leg, across my pelvis, through my chest, down my left arm, and into my hand. Then that little cathartic reaction fella popped right out of my left index finger into my right thumb and up my arm and down my chest over to my back and down to my ass. Whew!!!

What a concept!!

FAX

FAX
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
No. No. No.

Herm has go to go. His coaching philosophy is severly outdated. I can't fathom that it has to be Gailey calling the ****ing handoffs on every first down right up behind the guard's ass every time.

This is no change from what happened last year under Solari. I thought there would be improvement, but as long as Herm has his hands on the offense, it's not going to change.

Yeah. Based on everything - and I mean everything - I've heard about Gailey, there's a whole lotta Herm goin' on with this offense, Mr. Coach. Some peeps call Gailey's offenses boring sometimes, but nothing like this. This is a case of overprotecting your players to a fault. Which, when you think about it, is kind of strange because Hermoine has stated on numerous occasions that: A) He's going to let the players play and B) They've constructed an offense that takes full advantage of the current players' skill sets. Although you have to remember the snap count and there's some footwork involved, handing off is not really considered a "skill set" in the NFL.

FAX

Redrum_69
09-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Why settle for twelve?

Why not go for 20 or 30?

Thats exactly what this team has...low expectations.

FAX
09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't see why we don't keep Herm for another year, anyhows. From all appearances, he's doing pretty darn well in the drafting department (Albert, Dorsey, Charles, Flowers, etc.) and the entire organization, including Clarkie, has bought into the whole "go young via the draft" notion. Let Herm continue to select good players on draft day one more time, then get an HC who knows the score and what time it is.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't see why we don't keep Herm for another year, anyhows. From all appearances, he's doing pretty darn well in the drafting department (Albert, Dorsey, Charles, Flowers, etc.) and the entire organization, including Clarkie, has bought into the whole "go young via the draft" notion. Let Herm continue to select good players on draft day one more time, then get an HC who knows the score and what time it is.

FAX
Then... we could sneak some arsenic into his cowboy biscuits.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
One of the women I work with asked if the Chiefs HC had Bells Palzy(sp).

She said his face didn't move, no smile, no frown, it was like his emotions were disconnected from the fact his team was getting their ass handed to them.

I think she basically said it, his head is disconnected from the world!

SBK
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
I used to be on the Herm bandwagon big time. I thought he was a great pick, and would do great things here.

I was wrong. I don't ever want to see him on the sidelines again, too bad for me Clark Hunt will give me 30 more games of it I'm sure.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I was wrong. I don't ever want to see him on the sidelines again, too bad for me Clark Hunt will give me 30 more games of it I'm sure.

Yeah he has till next season for sure.

SBK
09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah he has till next season for sure.

In the next 30 games Herm won't win 5. I would bet if he won 5 all of them would come next year.

teedubya
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I would trade Herm to Riddell for some high school football shoulderpads.

Spott
09-15-2008, 02:53 PM
They will get beat pretty handily next week. I think the losing streak will come pretty close to 20 or more before it's over.

SBK
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I would trade Herm to Riddell for some high school football shoulderpads.

Riddell would laugh in your face citing poor trade value.

You might could get a sweaty old jock strap for him?