PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I hope they start Martin next week

Red Dawg
09-15-2008, 07:31 AM
and why the hell not? Brodie, as much as I want him to be good, can't stay healthy so let's give this kid a shot. Does it really matter? We are looking for a QB, sometimes they are found in crazy ways.

Warner
Brady was a very low draft pick
Romo?

Chiefnj2
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
If Martin is smart, he would have watched Huard this week and learned that the best bet is to get a sore neck and stay safe on the sideline.

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 07:47 AM
If Martin is smart, he would have watched Huard this week and learned that the best bet is to get a sore neck and stay safe on the sideline.

Dizziness. Not a sore neck.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 07:49 AM
I hope Martin does get a shot to play and they actually use the playbook....

Thigpen is a mess at throwing the pass, im still suprised he didn't get picked off 3 or 4 more times

SDChief
09-15-2008, 07:54 AM
if we are going to try and groom one of these qbs then we need a qb coach that can teach them fundamentals. if you watched on tv, gannon talk about Thigpen rolling out and throwing off one foot and how he needed to stop, set his feet and throw an accurate ball. I'm sure the only thing that penis curl is telling them is to hit the check down at the first sign of trouble. I kinda liked the way thigpen played, I didnt like the decisions but he went out there and let it hang out, but these young guys need some fundamentals

Groves
09-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Did I misread it, or was Mr. Curl pretty furious at Thigpen when the camera was on them at one point.

SDChief
09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
well sure, he was throwing into triple coverage, and not throwing the checkdown, but young qbs need a qb coach that was a qb or something before. Penis Curl is a clock watcher. he just needed a title I think. Trent Green didn't need a fundamentals coach but young guys do

Rain Man
09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
If we can't set any other records on offense, I'm at least confidence that we can set the "most quarterbacks playing in one season" record.

biggunns
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Dose not matter who is the QB in this system..fire Herm fire Herm WTF fire his dumb non coaching ass........:harumph:

Rooster
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I think the playbook is just to complicated for these guys. Maybe they should dummy it down even further. :huh:

StcChief
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
If we can't set any other records on offense, I'm at least confidence that we can set the "most quarterbacks playing in one season" record.

that's sad... I guess we still have a shot at 0-16 now. Chiefs could be the new 'aints

bluehawkdoc
09-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Checklist for the coming week:

1) Start Martin
2) Print 'em

gblowfish
09-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Martin Sheen?
Dick Martin?
Dean Martin?
Don Martin?
Martin Feldman?

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Steve Martin
Martin Short
Martin Luther
MLK Jr.
Martin Lawrence
A martini glass
My favorite martin

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey, George. What are we doing?

gblowfish
09-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Looking for a Martin that can entertain a crowd!

cookster50
09-15-2008, 09:56 AM
You forgot Dr. Martin
a shoe could do just as well

Mr. Laz
09-15-2008, 10:02 AM
nah ...... Thigpen needs more time

yesterday was the first time he's ever thrown a pass to Gonzo in a game.

think about that

gotta give him full reps all week at practice and give him a chance to get comfortable.

will he under this coaching staff? doubtful, but we gotta try.

morphius
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
nah ...... Thigpen needs more time

yesterday was the first time he's ever thrown a pass to Gonzo in a game.

think about that

gotta give him full reps all week at practice and give him a chance to get comfortable.

will he under this coaching staff? doubtful, but we gotta try.
And open up the offense.

boogblaster
09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Pigpen can't think .. the rest are just as worthless .. we need a QB .. enough said ...

Katie
09-15-2008, 10:45 AM
I must be out of touch...who's Martin?

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 11:08 AM
I must be out of touch...who's Martin?

http://bygonetv.com/images/actors/Martin_landau.jpg

Mr. Laz
09-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Pigpen can't think .. the rest are just as worthless .. we need a QB .. enough said ...
lots of QB's look like they can't think when they haven't been coached and don't understand the offense well enough.

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 11:21 AM
http://bygonetv.com/images/actors/Martin_landau.jpgDAMN GINA

Pablo
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't mind trying Martin out.

I mean, what's the difference between our 7th round pick scrub and some practice squad scrub we picked up...

Not much. But maybe, just maybe, Martin has a brain, and won't have a dumbass look on his face every time the camera pans in on him.

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM

I mean, what's the difference between our 7th round pick scrub and some practice squad scrub we picked up...

Not much. But maybe, just maybe, Martin has a brain, and won't have a dumbass look on his face every time the camera pans in on him.

Plus, he does a spot on Alfred Hitchcock impression.

bogey
09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
We need a QB vet. Nobody did any growing in that game yesterday. We do need to focus on developing QB, but we can't hold back the entire team while we're doing it. I know, easier said than done, but that's why coaches make the big bucks. Figure it out, or we're going to spend all this season spinning our wheels with no growth. ****ing embarrassing.

RustShack
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM

Vince Young and Kerry Collins > any QB we have. Now here me out on this one... Everyone in Tennessee wanted Martin over Collins, so if Martin is better than Collins, and Collins is better than any QB we have... doesn't that make Martin better than our QB's?

I know someone is going to say if hes so good why was he in the PS? Well we also took Thigpen off the Vikings PS last year, and the Vikings don't have shit for QB's... the Titans at least have a couple that aren't absoulutally terrible. Martin was also drafted by the Packers, and they have had a few of thier backup QB's they drafted go on to start and be succesfull for other teams. Also Martin was drafted higher than Thigpen.

Good chance he wont amount to anything, but I still feel better with him than any QB we have anyways. We need to turn over every stone we can looking for great players.

PhillyChiefFan
09-15-2008, 11:40 AM
http://bygonetv.com/images/actors/Martin_landau.jpg

Now that is something I might be interested in

(hoping someone watches Entourage)

gblowfish
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Now that is something I might be interested in

(hoping someone watches Entourage)

Mission Impossible.

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Mission Impossible.

Bela Lugosi.

Chief Faithful
09-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Vince Young and Kerry Collins > any QB we have. Now here me out on this one... Everyone in Tennessee wanted Martin over Collins, so if Martin is better than Collins, and Collins is better than any QB we have... doesn't that make Martin better than our QB's?

I know someone is going to say if hes so good why was he in the PS? Well we also took Thigpen off the Vikings PS last year, and the Vikings don't have shit for QB's... the Titans at least have a couple that aren't absoulutally terrible. Martin was also drafted by the Packers, and they have had a few of thier backup QB's they drafted go on to start and be succesfull for other teams. Also Martin was drafted higher than Thigpen.

Good chance he wont amount to anything, but I still feel better with him than any QB we have anyways. We need to turn over every stone we can looking for great players.

Pigpen is not even as good at Blackledge. If Croyle and Huard are still out I say start Martin, cut Pigpen loose and find another 2 QBs for PS.

RustShack
09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I still wish we would have picked up Andre Woodson, hes on the Giants PS isn't he?

Chief Faithful
09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I still wish we would have picked up Andre Woodson, hes on the Giants PS isn't he?

Yes, keep Martin drop Pigpen pick up Woodson. Then find another QB for the PS.

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Let's run the spread with Hagans!