PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hermcuff's excuse page.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/09/14/chiefsraiders_postgame_quotes__edwards/

On the game: “Damon Huard had a little dizziness when he got hit, so we took him out. He really couldn’t go back in the game and he was in a position where he didn’t feel real good going back in the game.

“We knew exactly what these guys were going to do. They came off an embarrassing loss. We knew they were going to come in and try to run the ball on us. That was their mindset. We had to stop the run and we had to try to run the ball and try and protect our quarterback. We didn’t get any of those things accomplished. They came out and knocked us off the ball and ran the ball down our throat. We got embarrassed at home in our home opener. We’re a much better team than that. We didn’t do it today. I don’t know why but we’d better get it fixed in a hurry. We’ve got to go to Atlanta and Atlanta can run the football also.

“If you can’t run the ball or stop the run you know it’s going to be a long day for you and that’s what it was. It was a one score game at half and you still feel you have a chance and then we get it within eight points and couldn’t get off the field defensively. Offensively we didn’t do anything the first half at all – a lot of three-and-outs, unable to move the ball.

“You’ve got to give the Raiders credit. They came in here and did exactly what they needed to do: run the football and stop the run.”

On what happened defending the run: “It looked like at times there were gaps and we didn’t fill them. They’re a downhill running team and they cut us at times. They cut the backside off at times and we couldn’t get over the top. We didn’t do a good enough job, period. We knew what they were going to do. They ran it and kept the ball away from us. We couldn’t move the ball offensively early in the game - too many three-and-outs. The defense stayed on the field and they wore us down some.

“But we had some opportunities after halftime when you look at the score. It’s 6-0, a one-score game. So as bad as it was we still had an opportunity and couldn’t do it. They ran the ball – especially the second half. They hit some big runs and that’s what they do if you’re not filling the gaps.”

On how much you wanted to use Tyler Thigpen in the game, initially: “We wanted to use him in some series but not the whole game. That wasn’t our plan at all but we couldn’t put Damon back in.”

On Thigpen’s performance: “A young quarterback – green. You know that. He’s got a pretty good arm. He was put in a tough spot. I thought he did a good job in the two-minute at the end where he took the team down and made some throws. But it’s a work in progress and it puts a burden on him when you can’t run the ball. That’s too difficult for anybody. But he did some good things and made some throws.”

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I dont think I have seen a Head Coach on the NFL get more free passes and have more excuses for poor coaching than Herm...

How people keep blaming everything other than Herm is beyound me...

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
“If you can’t run the ball or stop the run you know it’s going to be a long day for you and that’s what it was."

I dont think that is an excuse, that is basic football 101.

CosmicPal
09-15-2008, 11:47 AM
I wonder how many times this year, I'm going to hear Herm say, "We're a better team than that."????

Coach
09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I dont think I have seen a Head Coach on the NFL get more free passes and have more excuses for poor coaching than Herm...

Becuase Herman ******ing Edwards doesn't take responsible for his actions. He doesn't accept accountability for it. He just pass the ******ing buck to others.

cookster50
09-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Herm's nickname, other than "The Offense Killa", should be "Teflon"

MOhillbilly
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM

who people?