PDA

View Full Version : Football So how much did Ed Houculi bet in the SD/DEN game?

KCrockaholic
09-16-2008, 10:48 AM
im gonna go ahead and guess about 1.5 Mil?

We see refs/umpires being caught betting in sports all the time. the NBA now has a bad name just because of this. usually its the players that get caught, but if your the ref of a game of course your gonna make bets on it. basically the ref controls the outcome of the game. and in Ed's situation it turned out perfect for him to make a call like that. IMO he should be fired, and never allowed to officiate an NFL game again. This call was like Norv Turner said..."unforgiveable". That call may help Denver win the AFC west and boot the Chargers out of the playoffs, as they now sit 0-2.

Now as a Chief fan, I have to say i would much rather have San Diego win the west than the Donkeys. There isnt much of a rivalry between SD and KC right now, especially back when Marty and Donnie was with SD. It was more of a friendly match-up, unlike the Chiefs and Donks or Chiefs and Raiders. But now, it feels like all our rivalries have really died down. Our young guys dont understand the hatred that used to run through the veins of the past Chiefs. Nor do they understand the meaning of Chiefs VS Raiders. to them, its just another game....ok now im rambling.....

Buck
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
It is true, he didn't start doing the Incomplete sign until it was clear that SD would have recovered.

mikeyis4dcats.
09-16-2008, 02:35 PM
give it a rest. he made a mistake. Hoculi is year in and year out one of the most proficient officials in the league.

SPATCH
09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
hoculi will crush you

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Shanahan blows all the refs before every game. This isn't new.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I saw that game, and it was VERY obvious that play was a fumble.

Taco John
09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I saw that game, and it was VERY obvious that play was a fumble.

Not in real time. That's why Hoculi blew the whistle incomplete.

Or yes, maybe you guys are right and Hoculi bet on the game. That's the only possible explination... :rolleyes: