PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm comments on possibly shaking up line.

chop
09-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Q: Do you think about shaking up your offensive line yet, or when might you do that?
EDWARDS: “It’s too early for that. We did that last year and it never comes together when you start doing that. We went into this season to let those five guys play together. The good part is they are all healthy so far this season. This offense has played two games together and it’s a new offense. That’s the hard part: a whole new offense and a brand new coordinator and we’re not playing with the same quarterback. That’s tough. You’ve got to pull all that together. We’d like to go down the road with these guys, especially with a new offense. It’s hard enough to figure out who’s playing quarterback. If you start messing with the offensive line you have no cohesion at all on offense.”

The Franchise
09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Dear God......we get to see more of McIntosh at RT. I wish he'd just hurt himself so they could put someone else in there.

beach tribe
09-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Like McIntosh is gonna get better. I swear herm is a ****ing retard.

We are in rebuild, we suck ass, and Herm has a worthless thirty something starting with youngsters on the bench.

WHY GOD!!??

PastorMikH
09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
This OL isn't going to play with the same QB if he doesn't get someone in at RT that can actually play.

kpic
09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
"Coach how do you feel about the execution of your offensive line?"

"I'm in favor of it"

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Over all the years that Herm coached and played football he MUST have, at some point, taken an intelligence test.....we need to find that....he couldn't have destroyed all those records...any FBI agents out there?

SAUTO
09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
to be totally honest herm acts and looks as though he's just playing out the string, look at the decisions hes made. look at the way he looked on the sidelines sun. maybe he's actually quit on this team

SAUTO
09-16-2008, 05:47 PM
you know some dont like it but it was fun to watch wade phillips on the sideline last night, he was as excited as the players when things went well, and showed NOTHING when things fell apart. WHY DOESNT HERM SHOW ANY EMOTION?

Frazod
09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Herm better not shake the line - it breaks easily.

Skip Towne
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Herm. I want him gone but I feel sorry for him. He is totally clueless about how to fix this team and he is starting to realize it.

evolve27
09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Dear God......we get to see more of McIntosh at RT. I wish he'd just hurt himself so they could put someone else in there.

WHHHHHYYYYYYY?????!!!!!! do you do this to us Hermshit :deevee:

Red Dawg
09-16-2008, 07:14 PM
I gotta go with Herm on this one. Continuity should be maintained. Playing together is the only shot at them improving.

Sure-Oz
09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
I bet we see Martin at QB soon

Mr. Arrowhead
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I gotta go with Herm on this one. Continuity should be maintained. Playing together is the only shot at them improving.
have you seen mcintosh play

cdcox
09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
EDWARDS: "If you start messing with the offensive line you have no cohesion at all on offense.”

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
If Herb Taylor is good enough for LT, I think he could make the transition to RT, then we could slide McIntosh inside to RG.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
If Herb Taylor is good enough for LT, I think he could make the transition to RT, then we could slide McIntosh inside to RG.

All of those moves would be bad.

Tribal Warfare
09-16-2008, 07:45 PM

A Taylor and Richardson right side sounds appealing to look into

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Couldn't be any worse than McIntosh as RT. He's a big bowling ball, better suited as a guard, IMO. Taylor held his own and needs the reps to be considered part of the future. McIntosh has played is way out of starting as the RT.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
McIntosh is not a guard. He is best fitted for left tackle and with Albert there he has no business on the field.

aturnis
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM

I don't think it really has anything to do with cohesion. I think he really doesn't want to embarrass anyone or make them mad. I don't think he wants Mac to have to face his teammates and the media after losing his job, then get angry and become a locker cancer around the young guys. I think he knows the young guys are influential, and it wouldn't be a good thing to have negative attitude around them.

I think he will wait for Mac to get hurt.

Valiant
09-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Q: Do you think about shaking up your offensive line yet, or when might you do that?
EDWARDS: “It’s too early for that. We did that last year and it never comes together when you start doing that. We went into this season to let those five guys play together. The good part is they are all healthy so far this season. This offense has played two games together and it’s a new offense. That’s the hard part: a whole new offense and a brand new coordinator and we’re not playing with the same quarterback. That’s tough. You’ve got to pull all that together. We’d like to go down the road with these guys, especially with a new offense. It’s hard enough to figure out who’s playing quarterback. If you start messing with the offensive line you have no cohesion at all on offense.”

Riightttt....

McSuckintosh getting beat one on one constantly is the new schemes fault not that he is as worthless as gochiefs dick..

SBK
09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
If McIntosh is better than the guy backing him up we need to stop drafting 3rd graders to play RT. He sucks baows.

cmh6476
09-18-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't give a shit about Adrian Jones starting, but why the hell isn't Herb taylor starting at RT onstea dof MacIntosh. He can't be any worse, and at least he is young so that if he shows promise and can play the position(he looked decent at LT in preseason, I thought) then you know you have at least your tackle positions covered next year. This is just dumb at least not even trying it.

Fish
09-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't think it really has anything to do with cohesion. I think he really doesn't want to embarrass anyone or make them mad. I don't think he wants Mac to have to face his teammates and the media after losing his job, then get angry and become a locker cancer around the young guys. I think he knows the young guys are influential, and it wouldn't be a good thing to have negative attitude around them.

I think he will wait for Mac to get hurt.

If the coaches have to pussyfoot around McIntosh like that, then just cut his ass now. We shouldn't have to put up with that kind of attitude during a season like this.

**** McIntosh....

Hammock Parties
09-18-2008, 09:51 AM
The one player no one is talking about in all this is Wade Smith. He looked really good in the last preseason game at left guard. Granted it was against scrubs, but he looks like a bigger and stronger player than Adrian Jones. I'd like to see him given a shot at RG.

steelyeyed57
09-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I guess I agree with Herm. When o-line talent is moderate at best, the most important thing that can happen for an offensive line is to become more cohesive and understand how they want to attack different looks as a unit. This takes time working together. In addition, I believe McIntosh can be serviceable if he is given time to learn his new position. Re-learning everything from the opposite side isn't easy, but the man has the frame and experience to be okay, he just needs to get his feet under him. Unless you have a glaringly more talented player (which I assume isn't the case, or that player would be in there), you usually only cause more harm and hurt any possible development by mixing things up. I realize this opinion will not be popular.

KCrockaholic
09-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I miss the days when we'd have cry baby dick on the sidelines actually showing emotion during a game, and actually looking interested...For Herm, if we score a TD he just stands there with his fingers in his mouth, but if we kick a field goal, he jumps for joy.

alpha_omega
09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
......we get to see more of McIntosh at RT. I wish he'd just hurt himself....

Be patient...just like every other year, he will!

Chiefshrink
09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
McIntosh is a big FA signing of the King!! That's why he is still playing. If you remember on one of the episodes of "Hard Knocks" when McIntosh sprained his knee, Carl said, We need to rest him because we paid alot of $$ for him.

The King saving face again and proving more and more that Herm is a yes man!!