PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Blob Gretz = IT'S A TOUGH, LONG FIGHT

teedubya
09-17-2008, 04:31 AM
IT'S A TOUGH, LONG FIGHT
SEP 17, 2008, 5:04:21 AM BY BOB GRETZ - FAQ

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/09/17/its_a_tough_long_fight/

Let me start by writing about the Battle of the Bulge.

No, not the pivotal moment in World War II when the Germans made a last ditch effort to turn the tide of the war with an offensive against the Allies in France and Belgium. This epistle is about the battle tens of millions of Americans fight on a daily basis. I’m writing about the fight to lose weight.

How many times have you said “Starting (fill in the date) I’m going on a diet and I’m going to exercise and I’m going to lose (fill in the amount) pounds.” That start-day comes, you are motivated and prepared and for a few days, you eat less and work out more. But then your will wanes and you sneak a little something sweet here, and a little something salty there. It’s just a little; it can’t hurt.

Before you know it, you are back where you started.

I use this tale in relation to where the Chiefs and their fans are after two games of the 2008 season.

Before all this got started, Herm Edwards spoke for months – make that years – that the Chiefs needed to get younger. When the bottom dropped out of last season and the team finished 4-12, it provided the perfect storm. The roster was trimmed, draft choices were accumulated and the rebuilding through youth began.

Based on the e-mail and conversations I had with hundreds of Chiefs fans, the strategy was considered a winner. Most liked the idea that the direction of the team was changed and a group of young players would drive the future.

When a team goes in this direction, there is no going halfway. That would be a giant waste of time. You don’t dip your foot in the rebuilding through youth pool. It’s got to be a head first dive into the deep end.

But it’s one thing to say you are going young and rebuilding. It’s quite another thing to live through the efforts. They are not pretty. They do not always go well. There are ups and downs that wreck the stomach and create anger, second guessing, panic and delusions.

I write this only because I’ve read the e-mails I’ve received here at kcchiefs.com and at my own website, bobgretz.com. I’ve heard a few callers on sports talk radio. I’ve seen the writings and heard the rumblings of various pundits. There is outrage, there is anger, there is second guessing, there is panic and there are delusions.

Going young suddenly doesn’t seem to be the way to go. Fans want the Chiefs to go out and sign somebody, anybody. Others want somebody fired. It doesn’t matter who. They just want someone called on the carpet, head placed in the guillotine to answer for being 0-2 and losing as badly as the Chiefs did last Sunday to the Raiders.

Listen, the team’s performance against Oakland was without a doubt woeful. It was not up to the standards the team established the week before in losing to New England.

But it was but one picture in a series of 16 pictures that will make up the gallery of the 2008 Chiefs season. Those pictures very well may be a series of ups and downs as young players get their feet under them and learn the business of playing pro football. What few older bodies remain will play their way out of the picture or suffer injury that steals their availability.

This is what rebuilding looks like. It’s a dirty, stinkin’, gut-wrenching business, as difficult as anything there is to do in the game of football.

Some would say the Chiefs aren’t rebuilding, they are building. But that’s semantics. What the Chiefs had here for the better part of the last 18 years was winning football. It wasn’t the ultimate success, it wasn’t championship football, but there were more victories than defeat. There was always hope of something better. Eventually, there was a desire for something more concrete than hope.

Right now the Chiefs are trying to re-build a winning football team, one that will be good for years and will challenge for a championship. They easily could have gone out and signed various veteran free agents and put together a more experienced team that would go 9-7, maybe 10-6 and slip into the playoffs every once in awhile.

Would that be satisfying?

From personal experience, I can tell you the only way to lose weight is to eat less and use more energy and that must become a lifestyle, not a momentary thing.

The Chiefs have made a lifestyle change. There are going to moments of hunger, but the goal is better health and a winning football team.

It’s not time to start cheating.

09-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Damn Gretz. You don't pay attention to the fans at all do you.

teedubya
09-17-2008, 04:41 AM
Option WR/QBs and "RR SP P" are what is frustrating us, Blob, you ****ing horses ass.

bringbackmarty
09-17-2008, 04:41 AM
aww shit, it's only football y'all.

TN_Chief
09-17-2008, 04:44 AM
Gretz, you stupid bastard...we're not 0-2. We're 13-22. That's Herm's record since he's been here. 11 straight losses. 0-2 sucks, but I think everyone is rational enough to handle it if it were an "isolated" occurence. But it's not an isolated occurence, it's a trend. Just like Herm's tenure with the Jets trended down. It's also a fact that when you look at the team's play there is absolutely no sense of a team moving in a positive direction together. Again, I think we'd all deal with the losses if we could at least fall back on the idea that "well, they did some good things out there and it looks like they're starting to get it". Nope...that's not the what's happening.

So **** off.

Kerberos
09-17-2008, 05:26 AM
WOW

Just.......WOW

orange
09-17-2008, 05:40 AM
"Fans want the Chiefs to go out and sign somebody, anybody. Others want somebody fired. It doesn’t matter who."

No, no, no. Gretz, this is patently untrue.

Fans want the Chiefs to go out and sign NEW COACHES and a NEW GM. It most certainly DOES "matter who."

It's NOT the young players that Chiefs fans are fed up with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I see one of these kcchiefs.com articles I'm amazed. How many businesses can get away with blatant lies and openly calling their customers idiots on their website?! If you dont believe monopolies are inherently evil, this should be all you need to see to change your mind.

Fishpicker
09-17-2008, 05:53 AM
IT'S A TOUGH, LONG FIGHT

When a team goes in this direction, there is no going halfway. That would be a giant waste of time. You don’t dip your foot in the rebuilding through youth pool. It’s got to be a head first dive into the deep end.

so... we're committed to running the option with a Slash wannabe and I'm wrong to doubt that it will be successful in the NFL?

TN_Chief
09-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Ladies and gentlemen...Bob Gretz. Making retards look smart since 1981.

Fairplay
09-17-2008, 07:16 AM
IT'S A TOUGH, LONG FIGHT

Let me start by writing about the Battle of the Bulge. (Claythan wants to see that movie with you Gretz. The x-rated version with the all male cast.)

There are ups and downs that wreck the stomach and create anger, second guessing, panic and delusions.

We are delusioned if we think Herm is going to take this team to the playoffs.

Bowser
09-17-2008, 07:21 AM
"Fans want the Chiefs to go out and sign somebody, anybody. Others want somebody fired. It doesn’t matter who."

Fans want the Chiefs to go out and sign NEW COACHES and a NEW GM. It most certainly DOES "matter who."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I see one of these kcchiefs.com articles I'm amazed. How many businesses can get away with blatant lies and openly calling their customers idiots on their website?! If you dont believe monopolies are inherently evil, this should be all you need to see to change your mind.

Amazing, isn't it?

milkman
09-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Gretz, you stupid bastard...we're not 0-2. We're 13-22. That's Herm's record since he's been here. 11 straight losses. 0-2 sucks, but I think everyone is rational enough to handle it if it were an "isolated" occurence. But it's not an isolated occurence, it's a trend. Just like Herm's tenure with the Jets trended down. It's also a fact that when you look at the team's play there is absolutely no sense of a team moving in a positive direction together. Again, I think we'd all deal with the losses if we could at least fall back on the idea that "well, they did some good things out there and it looks like they're starting to get it". Nope...that's not the what's happening.

So **** off.

At the end of last season we gutted the roster, so as far as I'm concerned the 9 losses to end the season last year, and the two to start this season are unrelated as it relates to the talent.

However, the thing that's alarming is the fact that, even with a new, experienced OC, we are doing the same things offensively that we did before.

We are progressing talent wise, but we aren't progressing philosophically.

Bowser
09-17-2008, 07:40 AM
At the end of last season we gutted the roster, so as far as I'm concerned the 9 losses to end the season last year, and the two to start this season are unrelated as it relates to the talent.

However, the thing that's alarming is the fact that, even with a new, experienced OC, we are doing the same things offensively that we did bEfore.

The Chiefs are just plain scared to go down the field with any regularity. Nearly the entire game last week, the Raiders had 10 up in the box, with a safety deep, yet they never challenged down the field to get those guys off the line and open up some running lanes. Hell, we were more creative with our playcalling in the preseason.

milkman
09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
The Chiefs are just plain scared to go down the field with any regularity. Nearly the entire game last week, the Raiders had 10 up in the box, with a safety deep, yet they never challenged down the field to get those guys off the line and open up some running lanes. Hell, we were more creative with our playcalling in the preseason.

I think that first series against Chicago scared the hell of of Herman ****ing Edwards.
I can almost hear the conversation.

Herman ****ing Edwards calling up to the coach's box, "Chan, what were you thinking on that series?"

Chan, "well coach, I was thinking that using a couple of play action passes, a couple of fake tosses and boot legs that we could get the defense off balance, get the ball downfield and move the chains, and perhaps score a TD."

Herman ****ing Edwards, "Well Chan, that's arena ball, and we can't win unless we use Dustin Colquitt, so don't do it again."

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Meanwhile Bob Gretz is still a chunky butt, and the Chiefs are still losers.

It's a hard life
To be true lovers together
To love and live forever in each others heaaaaaaaaaaarts

It's a long hard fight
To learn to care for each other
To trust in one another right from the staaaaaaaaaaart
When you're in looooooooooooove --

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5763/26912102hl3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bobbything
09-17-2008, 08:16 AM
It's also a fact that when you look at the team's play there is absolutely no sense of a team moving in a positive direction together.
Amen. This is my biggest concern. Not once, in the last 11 games, have I seen any signs of this team making progress. The offensive line hasn't gotten any better at all in 11 games. The QB can't stay healthy in 11 games. The WR's have regressed in 11 games. LJ has gotten worse in 11 games. The defense hasn't gotten any better (and to be fair, any worse) in 11 games.

This is not good. I haven't seen anything in 11 games that gives me any indication that we're moving in the right direction.

If we're losing and you can see the proverbial "light bulb" go on every 3rd game or so, then I can accept it. That hasn't happened.

milkman
09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Amen. This is my biggest concern. Not once, in the last 11 games, have I seen any signs of this team making progress. The offensive line hasn't gotten any better at all in 11 games. The QB can't stay healthy in 11 games. The WR's have regressed in 11 games. LJ has gotten worse in 11 games. The defense hasn't gotten any better (and to be fair, any worse) in 11 games.

This is not good. I haven't seen anything in 11 games that gives me any indication that we're moving in the right direction.

If we're losing and you can see the proverbial "light bulb" go on every 3rd game or so, then I can accept it. That hasn't happened.

Again, you are missing the bog picture here.

The roster was blown up after last season, and we've gone from one of the oldest rosters to one of the youngest to start this season, so that whole "light bulb every three games" things wouldn't have it's first flash until this game against Atlanta.

The problem we have is that there isn't a single bulb to found among the coaches.

It's like they're trying to light a camp lantern while submerged in the lake.

triple
09-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Again, you are missing the bog picture here.

The roster was blown up after last season, and we've gone from one of the oldest rosters to one of the youngest to start this season, so that whole "light bulb every three games" things wouldn't have it's first flash until this game against Atlanta.

The problem we have is that there isn't a single bulb to found among the coaches.

It's like they're trying to light a camp lantern while submerged in the lake.

it's more like watching a group of preschoolers try to convince us they can build a rocket ship out of cardboard and trash cans.

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Bob Gretz really doesn't like fans, does he?

Fairplay
09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Gretz and Herm think that the average Chief fans are dumb.

I could bitch slap the both of them for that kind of thinking.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2008, 09:01 AM
What a load of shit.

The problem isn't the rebuilding.

It's the people leading the rebuild, and the fact we don't have a QB to build around.

It's like saying you are going to rebuild your house, but you plan on hiring a blind contractor and getting laborers who have heart problems and can't finish the job.

luv
09-17-2008, 09:09 AM

Without proper training and guidance, the talent will cease to progress as well.

triple
09-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Without proper training and guidance, the talent will cease to progress as well.

it hasn't really started. we have a bunch of young guys who are just raw and seem to be coaching themselves

luv
09-17-2008, 09:15 AM
it hasn't really started. we have a bunch of young guys who are just raw and seem to be coaching themselves

I was figuring that they had good coaching in college, so the talent progressed there, but now there's no one to take them over the hump into the NFL level of talent.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 09:16 AM

See Bob, a Bronco fan clearly understands.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I think that first series against Chicago scared the hell of of Herman ****ing Edwards.
I can almost hear the conversation.

Herman ****ing Edwards calling up to the coach's box, "Chan, what were you thinking on that series?"

Chan, "well coach, I was thinking that using a couple of play action passes, a couple of fake tosses and boot legs that we could get the defense off balance, get the ball downfield and move the chains, and perhaps score a TD."

Herman ****ing Edwards, "Well Chan, that's arena ball, and we can't win unless we use Dustin Colquitt, so don't do it again."

The scary part, that just might have happened. Maybe not just like that, but I am convinced Herm has a leash and collar on Chan.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Gretz and Herm think that the average Chief fans are dumb.

I could bitch slap the both of them for that kind of thinking.

If you use this place as a sampling, then they are absolutely right.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:26 AM

I understand, but here's the problem with that.

People "supposedly" jumped on board with this rebuild in the offseason KNOWING that Herm Edwards would be the coach and that Carl Peterson would be the GM in 2008.

Now, those same people are pitching a bitch because, big surprise, Herm Edwards is the coach and Carl Peterson is the GM.

People expecting heads to roll 2 weeks into the season are exactly the people Gretz is writing about in this piece - it's flat out panic.

I don't like Edwards either, at least as a coach. But it would solve NOTHING to start firing people 2 weeks into the season with 35 new players on a 52 man roster. We'd still witness the same bullshit week in, week out, the difference being who gives the press conferences on Mondays.

REAL change is 15 weeks away. Like it or not.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey Warpath, now do you see what I was talking about with Thigpen?

HE SUCKS.

In no way does he deserve to start another game.

luv
09-17-2008, 09:29 AM

People "supposedly" jumped on board with this rebuild in the offseason KNOWING that Herm Edwards would be the coach and that Carl Peterson would be the GM in 2008.

Now, those same people are pitching a bitch because, big surprise, Herm Edwards is the coach and Carl Peterson is the GM.

People expecting heads to roll 2 weeks into the season are exactly the people Gretz is writing about in this piece - it's flat out panic.

I don't like Edwards either, at least as a coach. But it would solve NOTHING to start firing people 2 weeks into the season with 35 new players on a 52 man roster. We'd still witness the same bullshit week in, week out, the difference being who gives the press conferences on Mondays.

You don't think that, if we got a different coach, we'd started seeing at least some chnages within 4-5 weeks?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM

HE SUCKS.

I saw a 7th round pick, who got a limited amount of snaps last week in practice, make some bad decisions and mistakes, which is to be expected of a young guy in that position.

I also saw a QB that has lead this team to more points than any other QB on the roster...

It's really a moot point anyway, because Croyle will be running the show once he's healthy enough to do so.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:34 AM
You don't think that, if we got a different coach, we'd started seeing at least some chnages within 4-5 weeks?

No.

Here's why:

It's damn near unprecedented for an organization to bring in a new coach from OUTSIDE the organization in the middle of a season.

- Good candidates typically aren't available, they are working for other teams in some capacity.

- Even IF a good candidate was available, why would he want a job in which he's basically auditioning for a new GM? No one is going to take a job under those circumstances

If they fire Herm, either Gunther (most likely) or Gailey will be running the show. Nothing will change except the man sending the message.

milkman
09-17-2008, 09:36 AM

You know, I have been pissed with the Chiefs since '93, when they traded for a QB that was coming off a major injury, who had three years left at best.

We had been taking the right path in building this team until that point, and even then I had no confidence in the coach to ever take the team to the SB.

Here we are, 15 years later, and we finally have commited to building through the draft again, but we are in the same damn boat as far as coaching is concerned.
We have a coach that I don't believe can ever take this team to the SB.

I don't expect Herman ****ing Edwards and Carl to be fired before season's end, if even then, but I'm going to complain some about the dumb****s until they're gone.

Hell, maybe even after they're gone.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 09:40 AM

HE SUCKS.

Young quarterbacks usually do suck. What better option do they have?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:41 AM
You know, I have been pissed with the Chiefs since '93, when they traded for a QB that was coming off a major injury, who had three years left at best.

We had been taking the right path in building this team until that point, and even then I had no confidence in the coach to ever take the team to the SB.

Here we are, 15 years later, and we finally have commited to building through the draft again, but we are in the same damn boat as far as coaching is concerned.
We have a coach that I don't believe can ever take this team to the SB.

I don't expect Herman ****ing Edwards and Carl to be fired before season's end, if even then, but I'm going to complain some about the dumb****s until they're gone.

Hell, maybe even after they're gone.

Neither Gretz comments, no mine related to you in any way, shape or form. And you know this.

You're not making asinine demands that Clark nuke the entire front office in Week 2 of a season - there's a BIG difference in being upset about the state of the team, and being an intellectually bankrupt ****tard about it.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Young quarterbacks usually do suck. What better option do they have?

Huard. It's asinine to run out Thigpen. They ARE trying to win.

Fortunately he won't be out there unless Huard gets hurt again. Seriously, Croyle was better last year than Thigpen has ever been.

luv
09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
No.

Here's why:

It's damn near unprecedented for an organization to bring in a new coach from OUTSIDE the organization in the middle of a season.

- Good candidates typically aren't available, they are working for other teams in some capacity.

- Even IF a good candidate was available, why would he want a job in which he's basically auditioning for a new GM? No one is going to take a job under those circumstances

If they fire Herm, either Gunther (most likely) or Gailey will be running the show. Nothing will change except the man sending the message.

If it's Chan, and what people are saying about Herm harnessing him is true, he won't have anyone leashing him anymore.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
If it's Chan, and what people are saying about Herm harnessing him is true, he won't have anyone leashing him anymore.

Your assuming that Carl would make Gailey, who's a relative outside to the organization the HC, versus Gunther, who has a long history with the team.

If Carl's proven anything over the last 19 years, it's that the good 'ole boy network is not to be deviated from.

philfree
09-17-2008, 09:53 AM

Now, those same people are pitching a bitch because, big surprise, Herm Edwards is the coach and Carl Peterson is the GM.People expecting heads to roll 2 weeks into the season are exactly the people Gretz is writing about in this piece - it's flat out panic.

I was backing the rebuild and I still am but not with Herm. I'm not upset because of "Herm" I'm upset because Herm didn't have his team close to prepared for the Raiders. Doesn't matter who the HC is if his team is that ill prepared for a division apponent then I doubt he can develope a young group of players. As soon as the game started anyone could see that we didn't have a chance and that these guys weren't prepared. I bet alot of people who are in favor of the rebuild feel the same way I do at this point. Herm is proving he's not the guy for the job. I say let Chan be the HC for the interim and then make a play for someone like Jason Garrett when the season's over.

PhilFree:arrow:

luv
09-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Your assuming that Carl would make Gailey, who's a relative outside to the organization the HC, versus Gunther, who has a long history with the team.

If Carl's proven anything over the last 19 years, it's that the good 'ole boy network is not to be deviated from.

Gunther was the coach for what, a year? You think that Carl would put him in that position again?

milkman
09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Gunther was the coach for what, a year? You think that Carl would put him in that position again?

Two years, and yes, I have no doubt that is exactly what Carl would do.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Gunther would quit. He would walk if they dumped Herm.

I know that gives some of you a woody.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I was backing the rebuild and I still am but not with Herm. I'm not upset because of "Herm" I'm upset because Herm didn't have his team close to prepared for the Raiders. Doesn't matter who the HC is if his team is that ill prepared for a division apponent then I doubt he can develope a young group of players. As soon as the game started anyone could see that we didn't have a chance and that these guys weren't prepared. I bet alot of people who are in favor of the rebuild feel the same way I do at this point. Herm is proving he's not the guy for the job. I say let Chan be the HC for the interim and then make a play for someone like Jason Garrett when the season's over.

:doh!:

No offense, Phil, but that was a typical fan response.

Since when do games against the Raiders count for more in the standings?

Would we have gotten credit for 2 wins had we beat them?

Rivalrys are for fans.

The team didn't seem to be prepared, I'll give you that - but you're insinuating that it wouldn't be as big of a deal had it not been against the Raiders.

A loss is a loss, period.

And for crying out loud, Jason Garrett is being paid Head Coach money by Jerry Jones to keep him from taking another job - the job in Dallas is his, as early as next season.

Jason Garrett, Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher.

Cross them off your list. Not coming here.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Two years, and yes, I have no doubt that is exactly what Carl would do.

Anyone who doesn't apparently hasn't paid attention for the past 19 years.

No offense, Luv. It was a great question.

milkman
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM

Yes, because he's shown over the years how much character and backbone he has by bending over and taking a demotion when he was with the Raiders, and then coming back to KC to be Carl's ball boy after getting fired over the internet.

luv
09-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Just to clarify....

I agree that a loss is a loss, but doesn't a loss to a division rival carry a little more weight? I mean, you could lose to everyone you play outside your division, but, as long as you have the best division record, you've got a wild card spot, right? Or am I confusing myself?

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Just to clarify....

I agree that a loss is a loss, but doesn't a loss to a division rival carry a little more weight? I mean, you could lose to everyone you play outside your division, but, as long as you have the best division record, you've got a wild card spot, right? Or am I confusing myself?

Yes, BUT, just sweeping your division doesn't mean you win it. You have to have the best overall record in the division.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Huard. It's asinine to run out Thigpen. They ARE trying to win.

Fortunately he won't be out there unless Huard gets hurt again. Seriously, Croyle was better last year than Thigpen has ever been.

I would rather see them give Thigpen time, than trot Huard back out there. WTF is the point of putting Huard out there? We know what he is, and that is not what the team needs to be a contender.

I am convinced, Thigpen can get it, and has much more potential than trotting a never has been out there.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Just to clarify....

In most years, yeah, that's somewhat right. If we were a playoff caliber team, then the loss would be devastating. Division losses are generally bad.

But in 2008, with this team, it means absolutely nothing.

milkman
Just to clarify....

No.

You would be 6-10 in that scenario, and wild cards are the non division winners with the best record.

Hammock Parties
WTF is the point of putting Huard out there?

It's a business of winning.

When 80,000 fans want Herm's blood, you don't trot out the pride of coastal carolina.

FAX
09-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Rivalrys are for fans.

The team didn't seem to be prepared, I'll give you that - but you're insinuating that it wouldn't be as big of a deal had it not been against the Raiders.

And for crying out loud, Jason Garrett is being paid Head Coach money by Jerry Jones to keep him from taking another job - the job in Dallas is his, as early as next season.

Division opponent, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Division opponent.

FAX

milkman
09-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, BUT, just sweeping your division doesn't mean you win it. You have to have the best overall record in the division.

This would be the correct answer if she asked if you'd win the division.

Chiefshrink
09-17-2008, 10:10 AM

Would Gunther be stupid enough to get the shaft 2wice from Carl just being a fill in on top of how Gunther found out? I agree about the good'ole boy network:eek:

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Division opponent, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Division opponent.

FAX

Which would matter if we're a playoff caliber team.

We're obviously not.

So a loss to Oakland isn't any different than a loss to Atlanta. Or New England. Or anyone else.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Would Gunther be stupid enough to get the shaft 2wice from Carl just being a fill in on top of how Gunther found out? I agree about the good'ole boy network:eek:

Uh, yeah.

See above posts.

Frazod
09-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Bob Gretz really doesn't like fans, does he?

Well, I can't say I blame him.

If it wasn't for us, he wouldn't have to lie for a living.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
This would be the correct answer if she asked if you'd win the division.

Division winners are guaranteed a wild card home playoff game. That's kind of what she was asking.

bobbything
I agree. I think it's reflecting on the players.

philfree

Rivalrys are for fans.

I really didn't say Raiders I said division oponent. And division games are a little more important then non-division games. Well.... if you're trying to win your division. Being totally unprepared last week is inexcusable. Being that unprepared to play any week is inexcusable. We seemed prepared againt the Patriots so I was fine with Herm till then but I'm not now because of his performance.

And you're some superior type of fan? LOL

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM

Rivalrys are for fans.

Last I checked, the FANS pay the bills, and this game is entertainment.

IT IS important to most fans, to beat the Raiders. One more reason why Herm Edwards does not deserve to be the HC of the Chiefs. To not even look respectable against them, should be grounds for firing.

In Chicago, it is the Packers, and Lovie Smith acknowledged that when he was hired. He KNOWS the Packer game means more, and has accepted it.

But no, Herm, refuses to accept any status quo, because of his ULTRA LARGE ****ing EGO. **** Herm ****ing Edwards, I hope a buzzard flies up his ass and out his nose.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
IT IS important to most fans, to beat the Raiders. One more reason why Herm Edwards does not deserve to be the HC of the Chiefs. To not even look respectable against them, should be grounds for firing.

:rolleyes:

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:17 AM

We're obviously not.

So a loss to Oakland isn't any different than a loss to Atlanta. Or New England. Or anyone else.

You got it all twisted. When you suck, you set your goals lower. Beating a hated rival, may be the only success the team has this year.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:18 AM
How can anyone expect us to beat ANY TEAM with Tyler ****ing Thigpen at QB?

luv
09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
How can anyone expect us to beat ANY TEAM with Tyler ****ing Thigpen at QB?

Chill. He was in because Huard was a wuss and the practice squad didn't work out.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Chill. He was in because Huard was a wuss and the practice squad didn't work out.

This "Huard was a wuss" thing is retarded. The guy got hurt. There's no conspiracy.

luv
09-17-2008, 10:23 AM
This "Huard was a wuss" thing is retarded. The guy got hurt. There's no conspiracy.

His "stop, drop, and roll" maneuver let him down. :p

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Jesus Vermeil went 5-7 against the division in his first 2 years, for comaparison's sake...

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Obviously, you and I look at the issue differently.

IMO, Herm is the worst coach this franchise has ever had.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Jesus Vermeil went 5-7 against the division in his first 2 years, for comaparison's sake...

This isn't one of Herm's first two years.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:27 AM

People are forgetting how HORRIBLE the first half of 2001 was.

Our "bright spot" early that year was running up the score on the Redskins. The rest of the time mostly all we had to look forward to was garbage-time drives that padded the offensive stats. We had TONS of garbage time touchdowns that year. Hell, the coaching staff didn't even know how to use Priest properly until he forced their hand.

It's the same situation. You're blind if you can't see that.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Jesus Christ, Ed.

Two years and 2 weeks.

BFD.

And yeah, I guess I'm different.

A win is just as sweet to me if it's against the Topeka School for the Blind or the New England Patriots.

A loss is just as disappointing if it's against either of those two teams as well.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
People are forgetting how HORRIBLE the first half of 2001 was.

Our "bright spot" early that year was running up the score on the Redskins. The rest of the time mostly all we had to look forward to was garbage-time drives that padded the offensive stats. We had TONS of garbage time touchdowns that year. Hell, the coaching staff didn't even know how to use Priest properly until he forced their hand.

It's the same situation. You're blind if you can't see that.

But Vermeil is our HERO!!11!11one!

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Jesus Christ, Ed.

Two years and 2 weeks.

BFD.

And yeah, I guess I'm different.

A win is just as sweet to me if it's against the Topeka School for the Blind or the New England Patriots.

A loss is just as disappointing if it's against either of those two teams as well.

Jesus Christ yourself, you are the one that confined DVs division record to the first two years. It wouldn't make a good case to include any part of the third, would it?

So you aren't into the rivalry thing, go it. I detest the Raiders, not as bad as I used to after the Ben Davidsion thing, but I still hate them. So losing to them, sucks more than losing to the Patriots. If that thinking doesn't work for you, sorry.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Jesus Christ yourself, you are the one that confined DVs division record to the first two years. It wouldn't make a good case to include any part of the third, would it?

Why would it? Vermeil's third year is totally irrelevant if we're going to compare the teams right now. Herm has not had a chance to build a team up as Vermeil did. He's JUST NOW STARTING to build a team. Can't you see that?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:39 AM

So you aren't into the rivalry thing, go it. I detest the Raiders, not as bad as I used to after the Ben Davidsion thing, but I still hate them. So losing to them, sucks more than losing to the Patriots. If that thinking doesn't work for you, sorry.

Let's think about why I might "confine" DV's division record to his first 2 years....

Could it be that HERM has only been here TWO YEARS?

triple
09-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Vermeil inherited a team that was 7-9 the year before. In his third year, they were 13-3.

Herm inherited a team that was 10-6 the year before. In his third year, what will they be?

3-13? 2-14?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't have the time to look it up, but I'd be willing to bet that DV's division record over his entire time here is no more than 3-4 games over .500

Which isn't exactly great considering he had a 13-3 season.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Vermeil inherited a team that was 7-9 the year before. In his third year, they were 13-3.

Herm inherited a team that was 10-6 the year before. In his third year, what will they be?

3-13? 2-14?

YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE SITUATIONS.

Vermeil left the cupboard BARE for Herm. BARE.

Vermeil left Herm with an expansion team, essentially.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 10:53 AM

That is laughable. DV inherited a team full of dead cap space, convicts and lazy ****ers. Elvis Grbac was the leader! The running back was Mike Cloud.

Herm inherited a playoff team, with aging veterans and very few young talented players. But his team leader was Trent Green and the running back was your very own man crush, LJ.

Bottom line, Herm's ego wanted his team and he gutted it. He hated it when he became HC and people told him to leave part of the team alone. His ego would not tolerate it.

FAX
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Herm had every right to remake the team in his image. He did not, however, have the right to remake the team in his image while wearing a Moe Howard Halloween mask.

FAX

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Bottom line, Herm's ego wanted his team and he gutted it.

Dude, all the players were old and washed up. You're seriously acting like Trent Green and Eddie Kennison had four or five years left?

Herm had to clean house. Vermeil's veterans were ALL DONE.

triple
09-17-2008, 11:09 AM

That's funny, that expansion team made the playoffs.

The cupboard is bare NOW. AFTER Herm has been here for 3 years.

What talent has he infused? Flowers, Dorsey, Albert, Bowe, Charles... well I'm even struggling to get to 10 players who are Herm picks who have done anything

luv
09-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Dude, all the players were old and washed up. You're seriously acting like Trent Green and Eddie Kennison had four or five years left?

DO you agree with how he's running this team?

Fairplay
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Claythan,

Your buddy Nick Athan predicted an 8-8 season. ROFL

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
DO you agree with how he's running this team?

Not 100 percent, but it's better than going out and and raiding the free agent market and trading away picks.

TEX
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Whatever Bob - The Chiefs have lost 11 straight and counting. That does NOT have to be part of the deal. He is not the guy for the job and neither is Peterson. Time to CLEAN HOUSE! If that happens, then the Herm hire will be woth it. In any case, afterwards the Chiefs will still be around long after Herm and Carl are gone...

triple
09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Claythan,

Your buddy Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan predicted an 8-8 season. ROFL

Anybody who thought this team could win 8 games must never have seen a football game in their lives

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Claythan,

Your buddy Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan predicted an 8-8 season. ROFL

He probably didn't anticipate Croyle getting hurt...

triple
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Not 100 percent, but it's better than going out and and raiding the free agent market and trading away picks.

nobody says that you ignoramus. everyone is in favor of a youth movement.

we're not in favor of Herm's cluelessness in game planning and preparing the team and his downright stupidity on game day. he might be able to evaluate defensive talent in the draft but he's the worst game day coach in the NFL.

triple
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
He probably didn't anticipate Croyle getting hurt...

sounds like the guy is an idiot then

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 11:19 AM

Name three players, young or old, that DV inherited from Gunther, that were the equivelent of LJ, DJ and Jared Allen.

yeah, I didn't think so.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Name three players, young or old, that DV inherited from Gunther, that were the equivelent of LJ, DJ and Jared Allen.

yeah, I didn't think so.

Tony Gonzalez
Will Shields
Donnie Edwards

Of course Vermeil saw fit to under use Gonzalez until it was apparent he was the best option. HE ALSO DUMPED DONNIE EDWARDS. WONDERFUL MOVE.

At least Dick found a way to use ONE future Hall of Famer correctly from the beginning. :rolleyes:

triple
09-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Herm's been captain of this crap barge for its entire voyage from the playoffs down to the sewer of the NFL. Just like the condition he left the Jets in. It's kind of funny that the Jets were also 10-6 when Herm took over, but were 4-12 when he left.

Too bad Herm couldn't leave the Chiefs when we were 4-12 last year.

It boggles the mind that people are still defending Herm like he's doing a great job or something. They aren't even losing competently. They don't look like they have little talent. They look like clowns who couldn't coach the Chiefs to a win against a peewee team.

Yippee, we're gonna lose 12 or 13 games this year! Herm is so awesome! Herm should be coach for life! Dick Curl is a QB genius! Gunther is the best defensive mind evar!

el borracho
09-17-2008, 11:31 AM

We're obviously not.

[sigh] I know you won't respond to this (I've posted it numerous times in the last few days) but the problem isn't going 0-2 or even losing to the Raiders; the problem is that we got blown out by a bottom 5 team and the coaching was a huge part of the loss. 3 QBs in the 1st quarter, including a 5'9" WR running the option and ramming LJ into a congested line over and over and over is not productive and is not acceptable.

That Raider game was one of maybe 5 games the Chiefs will have a chance to win this year and, realistically, probably the easiest game on the schedule and the Chiefs were never in it at all in large part due to the coaching decisions. I'm fine with letting Thigpen play (while Croyle is hurt) and see if he develops but you cannot defend the choice to put Hagans at QB to run the option.

Herm ran that game as though it were a fifth preseason game and that is not acceptable. It is one thing if we lose while the young guys are learning and developing but it is quite another if we lose because we are using philosophies and strategies which don't belong in the NFL and putting players in who have no chance at developing into the position. Get McIntosh off the damn field, never put Hagans at QB again and play a professional style of ball and I will accept the 13 losses this year much more graciously.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Herm's been captain of this crap barge for its entire voyage from the playoffs down to the sewer of the NFL. Just like the condition he left the Jets in. It's kind of funny that the Jets were also 10 and 6 when Herm took over, but were 4-12 when he left.

And then Mangini PROMPTLY made the playoffs with Herm's talent.

They don't look like they have little talent.

WHAT?

That's exactly what they look like.

Our quarterbacks suck.

Our offensive line sucks.

We have one wide receiver.

We have one linebacker.

triple
09-17-2008, 11:36 AM

so what you are saying is Herm can take a playoff team and make them lose 12 games all by himself. I think I might agree with that.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:38 AM
so what you are saying is Herm can take a playoff team and make them lose 12 games all by himself. I think I might agree with that.

Are you seriously this dense?

The 2007 Chiefs did not have the talent of the previous year's squad.

triple
09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Are you seriously this dense?

The 2007 Chiefs did not have the talent of the previous year's squad.

I said Herm has taken both teams he's coached from 10-6 and in the playoffs to 4-12. Then you said "well that team wasn't that bad because Mangini took them to the playoffs".

I simply repeated what you said, Herm took a playoff team and made them 4-12.

Herm sucks on gameday, but he also sucks at replacing departing talent on the team at a rate that will even keep the team on an even keel. The verdict is in, every team he coaches gets progressively worse. He blows.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Tony Gonzalez
Will Shields
Donnie Edwards

Of course Vermeil saw fit to under use Gonzalez until it was apparent he was the best option. HE ALSO DUMPED DONNIE EDWARDS. WONDERFUL MOVE.

At least Dick found a way to use ONE future Hall of Famer correctly from the beginning. :rolleyes:

ROFL Donnie "drag me 10 yards and I will get you down" Edwards? The other two were passed on to Gunther, and ended up being passed on to Herm ****ing Edwards as well. Try again!

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:46 AM
I simply repeated what you said, Herm took a playoff team and made them 4-12.

What?

No, he didn't.

PLAYERS GET OLD. THEY RETIRE. THEY BECOME LESS SKILLED.

The decline of Vermeil's Chiefs had NOTHING to do with Herm Edwards.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
ROFL Donnie "drag me 10 yards and I will get you down" Edwards? The other two were passed on to Gunther, and ended up being passed on to Herm ****ing Edwards as well. Try again!

Bullshit. Bull, ****ing, shit.

Bullshit.

You're full of ****ing shit.

Donnie Edwards was a MUCH better player in 2001 than Derrick Johnson was in 2006.

The fact you want to dismiss Tony and Will is bullshit.

BULL
****ING SHIT

Your hatred of Herm Edwards has completely clouded your point of view. You are not willing to give him credit for a GOD DAMN THING.

triple
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
What?

No, he didn't.

PLAYERS GET OLD. THEY RETIRE. THEY BECOME LESS SKILLED.

The decline of Vermeil's Chiefs had NOTHING to do with Herm Edwards.

Exactly. The team has declined under Herm and he's not done a thing to stop it. He's inept.

And the decline curiously resembles what he did to the Jets, take them from 6 losses to 12. But what do you know, get a coach in there who's not a complete moron, and they instantly make the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Exactly. The team has declined under Herm and he's not done a thing to stop it. He's inept.

What should Herm have done? Signed a bunch of free agents?

Herm did the only logical thing he could do - build via the draft. That process involves growing pains.

GET A CLUE.

KC Dan
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Your hatred of Herm Edwards has completely clouded your point of view. You are not willing to give him credit for a GOD DAMN THING.
I give Herm credit for an eleven game losing streak...

triple
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
What should Herm have done? Signed a bunch of free agents?

Herm did the only logical thing he could do - build via the draft. That process involves growing pains.

GET A CLUE.

I see. I should GET OVER IT. We as fans don't deserve any better than going from the playoffs to the worst team in the NFL in 3 years. This rebuilding effort is going SO WELL. The coaching is amazing, young players are maturing before our very eyes. the Chiefs are playing exciting football and growing by leaps and bounds. This roster is just loaded with potential.

But three years aren't nearly enough for a coach to make an improvement in a team. It's more of a five year plan. Carl and Herm have a five year plan to get us to the super bowl, where have I heard that before.

Does it hurt to have Carl's hand up your arse moving your mouth like a muppet?

triple
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I give Herm credit for an eleven game losing streak...

I credit him for turning the offense into a rejected clip from the Benny Hill show...

milkman
09-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Donnie should have been a Cowboy, cause he rides 'em like he's at the rodeo.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh I give him plenty of credit, plenty. He single handedly, has turned this team in to the laughing stock it hasn't been for over two decades.

Sorry, I have been down this road before and recognize it for the stinking pile of shit that it is.

I am excited about the young talent on this team, if Herm and his flunkies don't destroy it before a real NFL HC gets here.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Donnie should have been a Cowboy, cause he rides 'em like he's at the rodeo.

Exactly, he is actually a better player now, than during his previous stint with the Chiefs IMO.

luv
09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
You did finally get to watch Sunday's game, didn't you?

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
We as fans don't deserve any better than going from the playoffs to the worst team in the NFL in 3 years.

If you seriously want to blame someone for becoming the worst team in the NFL, DICK VERMEIL is the one to blame. He left Herm with practically NOTHING. Then Carl decided to try and hang on to Dick's creaky veterans for two more years before Herm could FINALLY start doing it his way.

Herm Edwards is blameless for the current state of the Chiefs. Only he can save us, however. So get behind him.

milkman
09-17-2008, 12:08 PM
If you seriously want to blame someone for becoming the worst team in the NFL, DICK VERMEIL is the one to blame. He left Herm with practically NOTHING. Then Carl decided to try and hang on to Dick's creaky veterans for two more years before Herm could FINALLY start doing it his way.

I'm going to blame Lamar Hunt for not firing Carl years ago.

Herm Edwards is blameless for the current state of the Chiefs. Only he can save us, however. So get behind him.

Herman ****ing Edwards couldn't save you from drowning in your own piss.

KC Dan
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
You are a joke now... Get your lips off Gretz and Carl dude...

triple
09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh I give him plenty of credit, plenty. He single handedly, has turned this team in to the laughing stock it hasn't been for over two decades.

Sorry, I have been down this road before and recognize it for the stinking pile of shit that it is.

I am excited about the young talent on this team, if Herm and his flunkies don't destroy it before a real NFL HC gets here.

It wasn't Gansz' fault the team sucked. he had nothing to do with it. Gansz was an awesome coach just like Herm Gansz is. I mean Herm Edwards.

triple
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM

Sounds like Herm is the one "getting behind" you

I'm not getting behind this culture of failure. I want it changed. It'll be a cold day in hell before I become a Carl shill like you sir.

bobbything
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
This team will not win a playoff game before Herm Edwards leaves KC.

Frosty
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Boy, if that is true.. put me firmly on the "Fire Herm NOW!!!" bandwagon. :D

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Boy, if that is true.. put me firmly on the "Fire Herm NOW!!!" bandwagon. :D

No kidding, kind of like catching two fish on the same cast. Bonus!

orange
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Jumping back in here, I'm not surprised to see a couple of posters have taken up Pet/Edw/Gretz' defense. I want to respond to a couple of points that have come and gone with little notice.

This is bullshit - but I won't say "and you know it" because it's possible the truth hasn't sunk in. In the bolded parts you speak AS IF THE FANS ALL WERE OF ONE MIND and they simply WERE NOT. Most of the posters on this board, callers to KC sports talk, commenters on the KC Star sports pages, etc., NEVER BOUGHT IN to Clark Hunt's decision to retain Peterson and Edwards, and they certainly never forfeited their right to complain about GETTING FED THE SAME OLD CRAP from this organization. At most, much of the fan base showed resigned acceptance, and many never even went that far. The drumbeats for firing Peterson and Edwards - ESPECIALLY Peterson - never stopped.

Even if you accept this argument - and I don't - there is still absolutely NO reason not to dump Peterson now. Bringing in a new GM early would actually be beneficial. He could get first hand experience with the organization including players and coaches in real time and get started on his remodelling without any rush.

I'm really not sure how that helps your case that Edwards is a good coach. By your own account, Edwards took a team with playoff type talent and coached them to a 4-12 record. I'm a little confused.

Our quarterbacks suck.

Our offensive line sucks.

We have one wide receiver.

We have one linebacker.

Let's agree for the moment that all the offensive players Vermeil had got old. Let's not even talk about the offense at all. Let's talk about the defense. When Edwards came in, he inherited a bad but improving defense - and he continued it's improvement through his first two years. But this is year three and it's apparent early on that the D - Herm Edwards' D - has taken a step backward. Or are you going to blame that on all the great Vermeil veterans on the Defense getting old?

Redrum_69
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
when he first started talking about the battle of the bulge..i thought he was referring to Rhonda the Hutt

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm really not sure how that helps your case that Edwards is a good coach. By your own account, Edwards took a team with playoff type talent and coached them to a 4-12 record. I'm a little confused.

The 2007 Chiefs did not have playoff talent. Don't know where you came up with that.

But this is year three and it's apparent early on that the D - Herm Edwards' D - has taken a step backward.

I wouldn't say that. Not at all. We essentially shut the Raiders out for a half on Sunday. Six points were on Colquitt (shanked punt) and Darling (tipped ball INT). Then they wore down because the offense hung them out to dry.

bobbything
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't say that. Not at all. We essentially shut the Raiders out for a half on Sunday. Six points were on Colquitt (shanked punt) and Darling (tipped ball INT). Then they wore down because the offense hung them out to dry.
Our defense gave up 300 yards rushing, at home, to a bad offensive football team. That's bad defense any way you slice it.

GoChiefs_penis
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
The 2007 Chiefs did not have playoff talent. Don't know where you came up with that.

God almighty man, get off your fat ass, quit spinning for the Chiefs and do something with your life. Since I'm obviously not going to get laid anytime this decade, can we at least get some mother****ing sunlight? You're a pathetic sack of shit!

And while you're at it, clean up the empty Dunkin Donut boxes. We got flies as big as B-52s flying around here because of that shit.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Our defense gave up 300 yards rushing, at home, to a bad offensive football team. That's bad defense any way you slice it.

Yeah, they only gave up 300 yards to the 6th ranked rushing team from last year, who added Darren McFadden.

I can see why you think they are a bad offensive team...

luv
09-17-2008, 02:50 PM

Defense also isn't used to being on the field for the majority of the game.

orange
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm talking about the JETS - at least I think I am. That is who YOU were talking about WHEN I QUOTED YOU isn't it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to getting reamed on the ground by the Raiders, the Chiefs gave up game-controlling rushing yardage to a very pedestrian New England offense operating with only about 10% of their playbook - this after an off-season devoted mainly to shoring up the run defense.

On top of that - and even more important in the long run - the Chiefs have NO semblance of a pass rush. Despite spending two of Edward's first three 1st-round picks on the DL and three of his four biggest free-agent signings on linebackers.

bobbything
09-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, they only gave up 300 yards to the 6th ranked rushing team from last year, who added Darren McFadden.

I can see why you think they are a bad offensive team...

Nonsense. Even if they're the #1 rushing team in the NFL, 300 yards is too much. It was bad rushing defense. We even had problems stopping New England's rushing attack as well. This team will not be good against the run...again.

When our front four was being parted, our linebackers were jumping out of their lanes ALL DAY. Either poor coaching, or poor talent. Either way, it's on the coaches.

They may be a good running team, but they're a bad all around offensive team.

Fairplay
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Defense also isn't used to being on the field for the majority of the game.

Reading that sentence has me confused.

luv
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Reading that sentence has me confused.

Well, they should be getting used to it.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Nonsense. Even if they're the #1 rushing team in the NFL, 300 yards is too much. It was bad rushing defense. We even had problems stopping New England's rushing attack as well. This team will not be good against the run...again.

When our front four was being parted, our linebackers were jumping out of their lanes ALL DAY. Either poor coaching, or poor talent. Either way, it's on the coaches.

They may be a good running team, but they're a bad all around offensive team.

Had you said that, it would have been fine.

300 yards IS way too much.

You said they were a "bad offensive team."

I called bullshit.

Fairplay
09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
God almighty man, get off your fat ass, quit spinning for the Chiefs and do something with your life. Since I'm obviously not going to get laid anytime this decade, can we at least get some mother****ing sunlight? You're a pathetic sack of shit!

lol.ROFL
I can't imagine having a life where you are sitting at home 24/7 practically.

And just typing on an internet forum most of the time.

That's really sad.

bobbything
09-17-2008, 03:09 PM
You said they were a "bad offensive team."

I called bullshit.
They are a bad offensive football team. Since you want to go off of last year's stats, they were ranked in the mid 20's in total offense.

They won't be any better this year. Probably worse.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
They are a bad offensive football team. Since you want to go off of last year's stats, they were ranked in the mid 20's in total offense.

They won't be any better this year. Probably worse.

No, they are a bad PASSING team.

Had they THROWN for 500 yards, I would have been surprised.

I wasn't surprised at all that they ran all over us, and said so repeatedly leading up to the game.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
lol.ROFL

That's really sad.

Certainly doesn't describe me. Must be some other penis.

BigRock
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Six points were on Colquitt (shanked punt) and Darling (tipped ball INT).

Darling didn't touch that ball, Gannon just thought he did. It was off the defender who was practically in front of Darling when Huard threw it.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Darling didn't touch that ball, Gannon just thought he did. It was off the defender who was practically in front of Darling when Huard threw it.

No, Darling definitely touched it. Stop trying to blame Huard. Shit! Who do I defend? My darling Huard or my darling...Darling? SHIT!

Fish
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM

They only gave up 97 total yards in the first half. The beating began in the second half when the D finally got worn down from being on the field the whole time.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 03:24 PM
They only gave up 97 total yards in the first half. The beating began in the second half when the D finally got worn down from being on the field the whole time.

Gee that only happened....ALL LAST YEAR!

I think our defense would be amazing if it was paired with even an average offense.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Gee that only happened....ALL LAST YEAR!

I think our defense would be amazing if it was paired with even an average offense.

I wouldn't go as far to say amazing, but they would definitely be respectable, IMO.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say amazing, but they would definitely be respectable, IMO.

I think they're ALREADY respectable. They'll finish in the top 15 this year.

Hali might actually get a sack if we got a lead... :grr:

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I think they're ALREADY respectable. They'll finish in the top 15 this year.

Hali might actually get a sack if we got a lead... :grr:

No, they're not.

They're ranked 24th in the league, caught a break not having to face Brady the entire game, and blew up like a poison dog against a one-dimensional Raiders team.

And it doesn't get any easier.

Michael Turner this week, then Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall come to town to ass-rape us with that 3-foot razor dildo from Se7en.

GoChiefs_penis
09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
lol.ROFL

That's really sad.

It's the only form of validation GC knows, and even that is an amazing failure. Too bad I have to suffer along with him.

Simply Red
09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
It's the only form of validation GC knows, and even that is an amazing failure. Too bad I have to suffer along with him.

I know who this is. Just sayin...

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
No, they're not.

They're ranked 24th in the league, caught a break not having to face Brady the entire game, and blew up like a poison dog against a one-dimensional Raiders team.

And it doesn't get any easier.

Michael Turner this week, then Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall come to town to ass-rape us with that 3-foot razor dildo from Se7en.

We'll see.

Leave a really bad defense on the field all day and they give up 35.

GoChiefs_penis
09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
I know who this is. Just sayin...

I'd hope so, genious. its right in the user name.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Shut up or I'll beat you to death.

Simply Red
09-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I'd hope so, genious. its right in the user name.

lame schtick, *********.