Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh dear god.

Welcome to 12 straight.

KC Dan
09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh dear god.

Welcome to 12 straight.
Who's the head coach making this decision???

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Seriously, the veterans on this team deserve better than that sawed-off, scattershot ass clown under center.

Maybe he can Gannon a few first downs. This is gonna be UGLY.

Rooster
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
And with the first pick the Kansas City Chiefs select...........................:doh!:

triple
Good. It won't be pretty, but it's the right decision. Snaps from Huard tell us nothing about this team's future. Croyle, Thigpen or Martin should get every snap the rest of the year.

Simply Red
:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Good. It won't be pretty, but it's the right decision. Snaps from Huard tell us nothing about this team's future. Croyle, Thigpen or Martin should get every snap the rest of the year.

snaps from Croyle, Thigpen and Martin tell us nothing about this team's future, either.

bringbackmarty
09-17-2008, 12:19 PM
hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, herm and carl's next job is......................
http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=appalachian+state&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#

milkman
Seriously, the veterans on this team deserve better than that sawed-off, scattershot ass clown under center.

Maybe he can Gannon a few first downs. This is gonna be UGLY.

Anyone who thinks that weakass armed Huard is a better option is an ass clown who doesn't have the slightest idea how a team should go about the business of rebuilding.

Micjones
Herman Edwards has no business coaching in the NFL.

He's stunting the growth of other young players.
He refuses to put the best QB on the field.

He's going to continue the Thigpen experiment at the expense of winning.

This is pathetic.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
snaps from Croyle, Thigpen and Martin tell us nothing about this team's future, either.

Hello.

InChiefsHeaven
HOw is it that Huard is SOOO much better than Pigpen? Cuz Damon never throws an INT? Or because Damon runs a wicked bootleg? Or because Damon has a ROCKET arm...

...somebody 'splain please.

We needed Brody to play. He busted his self. Need someone else to play. IF you're going to suck (and boy are we EVER going to suck) you might as well suck with the newbs than the old fahts...

ChiefsCountry
Until Croyle comes back we have no QB, Thigpen is the best option on our roster right now.

Micjones
Anyone who thinks that weakass armed Huard is a better option is an ass clown who doesn't have the slightest idea how a team should go about the business of rebuilding.

He's the best QB on the team.
Rebuilding does not require youth at every position.

Put the glass down.

bringbackmarty
teaching and learning, growing and living, high up on the mountaintop.....

far away from here...

Hammock Parties
HOw is it that Huard is SOOO much better than Pigpen? Cuz Damon never throws an INT? Or because Damon runs a wicked bootleg? Or because Damon has a ROCKET arm...

Huard can actually read a defense, look off a defender, and throw an accurate pass.

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM

Hey, I'm all for Croyle when he's healthy...I don't think he's the answer, but he's the best we have.

But trying to stomach Tyler Thigpen for another week is going to be pretty friggin' tough.

Can we just bring back Casey Printers?

Chief_in_Commander
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh dear god.

Welcome to 12 straight.

Because Huard under center was working out so well, like it matters which one it is. At least pigpen can run for his life.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Huard can actually read a defense, look off a defender, and throw an accurate pass.

Don't bother.

Herm has brainwashed a large portion of the good people here in Chiefs Kingdom. So well it covers up for his horrible game management skills and poor personnel decisions.

It's no use.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Because Huard under center was working out so well, like it matters which one it is. At least pigpen can run for his life.

Huard threw one Interception. An interception that bounced off of a Chiefs receiver.

Thigpen threw at least a half-dozen passes that Oakland defenders had their hands on.

InChiefsHeaven
Huard can actually curl up into a ball, check down to Tony Gonzales, and throw an accurate yet slow and wobbly pass.

FYP.

Hootie
Sorry guys...anyone who is "pro Thigpen" apparently didn't watch the game last week...

I think I counted at least 5 times that Tony Gonzalez was so dumbfounded by the passes Thigpen was unleashing he couldn't help but put his hands up in the air in disbelief.

Thigpen should forever cherish this Kansas City Chiefs team...he has an NFL TD pass! That's something to tell the grandchildren...

"Hey, if I can be an NFL QB, so can anybody!"

Hammock Parties
Huard threw one Interception. An interception that bounced off of a Chiefs receiver.

Thigpen threw at least a half-dozen passes that Oakland defenders had their hands on.

No, it's all Huard's fault. He quit, didn't you hear?

milkman

Put the glass down.

But a never was has been offers nothing.

We can find out now if Thigpen is a viable back up for the future, or if he's another project that needs to be shitcanned.

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:24 PM
FYP.

I'd rather watch Huard get sacked on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down than watch another quarter with Tyler Thigpen at QB.

Probably a nice kid, I have nothing against him, but he is easily the worst QB I've ever seen take a snap in the NFL.

It's very fitting for this roster.

Fire Me Boy!
09-17-2008, 12:24 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Did you type that with a straight face?

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Did you type that with a straight face?

I've seen him do it numerous times. The Chiefsplanet perception of Damon Huard is far from the truth.

milkman
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM

And throw into double coverage for an interception, and throw a 25 yard pass, that needed fly 30 yards.

bringbackmarty
09-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Croyle is alright, but they should be doing something to provide some relief for our oline right away. We are one injury away from having the worst offensive line in history. We might be there already. We owe it to whoever starts at qb to at least be able to field some reasonable protection without using this pathetic offensive scheme.

Bring the meat Herm, Carl, Denny. We need some beef for this recipe. Bring it on both sides if you can. We could really use one more DE.

Hammock Parties
And throw into double coverage for an interception, and throw a 25 yard pass, that needed fly 30 yards.

Like Trent Green never underthrew a pass.

**** me.

Micjones

He offers you a chance for young Wide Receivers to develop.
He gives you a chance to win football games.

We can find out now if Thigpen is a viable back up for the future, or if he's another project that needs to be shitcanned.

We know Huard isn't our QBOTF.
That's hardly a reason to tank regular season games to tryout 1 player at QB.

Hootie

starting Thigpen and starting Huard is the same *****ing thing...other than Huard doesn't make me want to throw up because he's actually a pretty decent 3rd string QB...

I think we saw more than enough from Thigpen...he's not even a project...he just needs to be shitcanned. They should've just let Hagans run the show and cut Thigpen after his 3rd or 4th series...you know, to try and avoid hitting another Raiders player for the 10th time.

Mr. Arrowhead
good i live again without seeing huard take another snap.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Just stick with 1 QB is all i ask this week...

I would like to see Martin play, i bet he's better than thigpen, which isnt saying much

DeezNutz
Thigpen negatively affects the development of our other young players, those whom we believe are legit. NFL players. Thus these adverse effects mitigate any potential benefit of playing him.

Hootie
Whoever is defending Thigpen right now apparently didn't get the "pleasure" of seeing him play last Sunday.

He makes Huard look like Joe friggin' Montana.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
We're not rebuilding a team. We're having a one player tryout at QB.

CupidStunt
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Good. More Thigpen = more losses = better pick + more chance Hunt fires the clowns running the Chiefs.

Hootie
good i live again without seeing huard take another snap.

I wouldn't mind this either...if Tyler Thigpen wasn't our only other friggin' option.

He makes me yearn for Huard. I was watching the game at a Buffalo Wild Wings, so I thought they pulled Huard for Thigpen, and I was in utter disbelief that Huard didn't come back into the game...

Thigpen was so bad I don't even know how to explain it...

The Franchise
I would rather watch Thigpen struggle in a game....then watch Huard curl into the fetal position, check down to the RB, throw an interception and then fake an injury to get out of the game.

I'd rather be watching Ingle Martin though.

CoMoChief

What makes you think we should let a 7th rd pick out of Coastal Carolina........who didn't have a football program until he got there......or someone elses camp fodder be allowd to take snaps with our #1 starters?

Do people even want us to score a ****ing point?

Croyle I agree with but he can't stay healthy. But NO WAY IN HELL should Flash or Thigpen be taking snaps in reg season games. They're practice squad or camp fodder at best. NONE of them would even crack a backup position on any other team in the NFL.

Herm Edwards is ****ing stupid.

Play Huard......it gives others better chances to succeed.

bringbackmarty
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
If they want the players to grow, there still has to be a couple of vets to teach them something. If it costs us LJ, and we get a pick and a guard, and we trade said pick for a qb, we could at least give our rookies the opportunity to shine. Herm needs to be in there fighting for his QB's, thats why he sucks, he is a DB, and what do DB's hate the most? QB's. It's subconscious with him. He'll never get close enough to understand one.

Mr. Arrowhead
I wouldn't mind this either...if Tyler Thigpen wasn't our only other friggin' option.

He makes me yearn for Huard. I was watching the game at a Buffalo Wild Wings, so I thought they pulled Huard for Thigpen, and I was in utter disbelief that Huard didn't come back into the game...

Thigpen was so bad I don't even know how to explain it...
we dont have a chance anyways, so you might as well play the young guy

Hootie
Thigpen is so bad I rather watch Hagans run the option the entire game...

at least then I can get some comedy out of this Sunday

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Good. More Thigpen = more losses = better pick + more chance Hunt fires the clowns running the Chiefs.

Good. More losses = more unrest = more public complaining = less young players who will want to stay here when their contracts come due.

Great idea.
Tank the season for a draft pick you'll wind up paying $35 million dollars to.

That way in 3-4 years when 8-10 contracts (of young players) are up ALL AT ONCE...we can't resign anyone.

Chief_in_Commander

To say that Huard throws better is a joke, did you see his attempt at a fade route? It fell 10 yards short of anyone. He did not even get the ball to the Chiefs receiver on the interception as it was not thrown early enough or with enough mustard on it. Mustard he doesn't have. I don't think Thigpen throws for **** either but his arm is strong and like I said at least he can scramble for his life, Huard just falls down.

Mr. Arrowhead
I would rather watch Thigpen struggle in a game....then watch Huard curl into the fetal position, check down to the RB, throw an interception and then fake an injury to get out of the game.

I'd rather be watching Ingle Martin though.
thats my feelings as well

triple
I've seen him do it numerous times. The Chiefsplanet perception of Damon Huard is far from the truth.

oh really, he's a 25 year old QB prospect who might help us win a championship someday?

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
we dont have a chance anyways, so you might as well play the young guy

Awful logic IMO.

We don't have a chance, I agree...this season is a waste...but can we at least have a QB that can allow Bowe or Darling or Franklin to make a play? Friggin' Thigpen is negative morale times a billion...he is so inaccurate it's sickening. He's a young guy with zero potential of being our QB of the future, or even a backup...or even a 3rd string. Playing him simply because he's the young guy is pointless.

Micjones
To say that Huard throws better is a joke, did you see his attempt at a fade route? It fell 10 yards short of anyone. He did not even get the ball to the Chiefs receiver on the interception as it was not thrown early enough or with enough mustard on it. Mustard he doesn't have. I don't think Thigpen throws for **** either but his arm is strong and like I said at least he can scramble for his life, Huard just falls down.

I could give two shits about arm strength.
That's one of the most overrated luxuries a QB can have.

Damon Huard is the best QB on this roster whether you like him or not.
He's not a great QB. But he's shown time and again that he's more effective than Thigpen...AND Croyle.

Hammock Parties
Thigpen is so bad I rather watch Hagans run the option the entire game...

at least then I can get some comedy out of this Sunday

He's got mad skills. That 8-yard run he had that was called back due to penalty was DYNAMITE.

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Who are these other players to succeed on offense? Basically on offense we just have Bowe, Charles, Albert, and Cox to develop until Franklin gets back. Thats it. The rest are vets and majority of them have no business being in the league (Jones, McIntosh, Darling).

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
oh really, he's a 25 year old QB prospect who might help us win a championship someday?

Tyler Thigpen is not a QB prospect...did you watch the Raiders game?

It wasn't just a bad game...he's really that bad.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Choosing youth over talent gets you a BAD young football team.

Frazod
I'll take Who Gives A Shit for $1,000, Alex.

Every loss is one step closer to the end of Herm and Carl.

milkman
Whoever is defending Thigpen right now apparently didn't get the "pleasure" of seeing him play last Sunday.

He makes Huard look like Joe friggin' Montana.

I'm sorry, there is nothing that could make Huard look like Montana.

Thigpen, as bad as he was, and I did see the game, still has the potential to learn and grow.

Huard sucks ass, and he has no potential to grow out of suck ass.

Hootie
If I were the Falcons...I would put 11 in the box against the Chiefs Sunday...I have a strong feeling Thigpen couldn't hit Bowe if he was wide *****ing open...he's THAT bad.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I could give two shits about arm strength.
That's one of the most overrated luxuries a QB can have.

Damon Huard is the best QB on this roster whether you like him or not.
He's not a great QB. But he's shown time and again that he's more effective than Thigpen...AND Croyle.
LMAO just like that beautiful pass he threw in double coverage that got intercepted.

Hammock Parties
Anyone want to bet Larry won't average 3 ypc again this Sunday? Anyone?

It's a safe bet. Real safe.

God I weep for my man beast. :( :(

Micjones
Who are these other players to succeed on offense? Basically on offense we just have Bowe, Charles, Albert, and Cox to develop until Franklin gets back. Thats it. The rest are vets and majority of them have no business being in the league (Jones, McIntosh, Darling).

Will Franklin's back this week. He will play.
Bowe's a young guy that still needs to grow.
Darling still needs to grow and improve.
Cottam will figure in at some point this season.

Let's set them all back though just to see if Thigpen has it.

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry, there is nothing that could make Huard look like Montana.

Thigpen, as bad as he was, and I did see the game, still has the potential to learn and grow.

Huard sucks ass, and he has no potential to grow out of suck ass.

learn and grow? Yeah, he can take his NFL experience, his 1 NFL TD pass, and find a kickass job at a car dealership in his hometown.

This isn't even about Huard. **** Huard. I don't give a shit about Huard.

Thigpen is SO bad, I'm being totally 100% honest when I say I rather see Hagans run the option every play of the game than see Thigpen attempt another NFL pass.

Sure-Oz
Put in Dingle Martin

milkman
This is the same god damn argument we had two years ago, with Thigpen instead of Croyle this time, so **** it.

I'm done with it.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
LMAO just like that beautiful pass he threw in double coverage that got intercepted.

God knows Croyle and Thigpen never throw interceptions.
:rolleyes:

And I believe that pass bounced off of a receiver, no?

Hootie

I'm not defending Huard here...he always throws into double coverage...most of the time he throws a catchable ball for his receivers though...

Thigpen friggin' fires the ball into a crowd of 9 before the receiver is even ready...seriously...he had to hit a Raiders player 9 friggin' times...no joke. I'm not even exaggerating...I bet he hit a Raider 9 times.

LOCOChief
My favorite part of Huards game is when he takes the snap from under center, does a three step drop, waits approx. 4 seconds then runs into the back of Waters and falls down. Play the young guy, we're dead anyway.

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
This is the same god damn argument we had two years ago, with Thigpen instead of Croyle this time, so **** it.

I'm done with it.

Give me Croyle...if he's not healthy...it has to be Huard...or Hagans.

No more Tyler Thigpen.

Sure-Oz
It will be funny seeing LJ get poed again and Eric Crouch get picked off 6 times

Micjones
I'm not defending Huard here...he always throws into double coverage...most of the time he throws a catchable ball for his receivers though...

Thigpen friggin' fires the ball into a crowd of 9 before the receiver is even ready...seriously...he had to hit a Raiders player 9 friggin' times...no joke. I'm not even exaggerating...I bet he hit a Raider 9 times.

He could've conceivably thrown 6 picks last Sunday.

Sure-Oz

No more Tyler Thigpen.

No ****ing way i want Hagans behind center again

milkman
Anyone want to bet Larry won't average 3 ypc again this Sunday? Anyone?

It's a safe bet. Real safe.

God I weep for my man beast. :( :(

LJ is sucking ass because LJ isn't that good.

He has no patience or vision, and I've been saying that for two years now.

Your manbeast is like an irritating cockroach that you can't get rid of.

triple
My favorite part of Huards game is when he takes the snap from under center, does a three step drop, waits approx. 4 seconds then runs into the back of Waters and falls down. Play the young guy, we're dead anyway.

people shouldnt call Huard captain checkdown, it should be captain falldown

Micjones
09-17-2008, 12:39 PM

No more Tyler Thigpen.

No Hagans.
That's a joke. He's not an NFL QB and this is not High School football.

Hootie
our QB's are so pathetic I guess you're all right...who gives a shit? They all suck.

I'm all for run, run, run, punt...or punting on 1st down. Put Albert on defense somewhere so he can "grow" and I'll be ok.

triple
LJ is sucking ass because LJ isn't that good.

He has no patience or vision, and I've been saying that for two years now.

Your manbeast is like an irritating cockroach that you can't get rid of.

he's tanking on purpose because he wants out of KC, that's what I think.

either that or he doesn't care to put more miles on his body this year since the team is already sunk.

Hammock Parties
I don't know why people are overreacting on the Hagans thing. It was a good strategy, a nice mixup from the stale playcalling we usually see. We were gaining positive yards with it, too. I hope they don't shelve it.

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
oh I know...Hagans is just for comedic value...that's how bad Thigpen is. I rather get a good laugh out of the NFL option with Hagans than see Thigpen play another down.

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't know why people are overreacting on the Hagans thing. It was a good strategy, a nice mixup from the stale playcalling we usually see. We were gaining positive yards with it, too. I hope they don't shelve it.

you're on crack

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 12:41 PM
you're on crack

Christ, what's wrong with it? Seriously. Anything to put a new wrinkle in. You guys whine about running up the butt then you whine when we put in something different?

triple
09-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't know why people are overreacting on the Hagans thing. It was a good strategy

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

someone tell me i'm not just imagining this

Hootie
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
we're a joke...so I guess the spread option is a good strategy for us...just so everyone else can realize we're a joke, too!

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Christ, what's wrong with it? Seriously. Anything to put a new wrinkle in. You guys whine about running up the butt then you whine when we put in something different?

Yeah, it's such a great wrinkle that the defense knew exactly what was going to happen under center when he came in...

LOCOChief
09-17-2008, 12:43 PM

I don't remember him gaining positive yards, you might be right but apparently not enough to get a freakin first down.

The Franchise
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Running the option in the NFL is not "doing something different". Running the option in the NFL is ****ing retarded.

Hammock Parties
I don't remember him gaining positive yards, you might be right but apparently not enough to get a freakin first down.

There were all positive gains. There was one very nice play where he got eight whole yards (OMG), but there was a pre-snap penalty.

Hammock Parties
Running the option in the NFL is not "doing something different". Running the option in the NFL is ****ing retarded.

It works in limited doses and other teams have proven that in the past. You'll all be singing the praises of our option wrinkle when Charles takes a pitch to the house. CHAN GAILEY MASTERMIND!

King_Chief_Fan
09-17-2008, 12:46 PM

It wasn't something different....it was someone different. Still went up the butt.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
It wasn't something different....it was someone different. Still went up the butt.

They went outside.

bizzar54
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Here is what I hate. Our freaking gimmic, gadget, trick...(insert adjective) play, whatever the hell you want to call it, at best goes for 8 freaking yards. This is what pisses me off so much. Herm knows how bad this team is and yet he still takes no chances. If you are going to run a trick play shit run a double reverse pass and just play highschool qb, "nobody open I am going to throw it deep anyway". I would rather watch them throw three straight bombs that go incomplete or hell goes for an interception forty yards downfield than go run, run, pass, punt and constantly wear out the punter. Granted the line would have to protect, which they cant do, long enough to give it the old heave ho. But I think I would shit myself if I saw them attempt three straight bombs. God knows the defense would never see it coming.

CupidStunt
09-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Good. More losses = more unrest = more public complaining = less young players who will want to stay here when their contracts come due.

You convenienty left out the most important part of my post: more losses = MORE CHANCE CARL AND HERM ARE FIRED.

Get outta here with that young player revolt garbage. Bring in a head coach who LIKES TO SCORE and a GM willing to convince the owner to actually spend, and the players would love to remain here, if compensated appropriately. None of them will remember this pathetic year if Hunt makes the right moves in the off-season to rectify it.

FAX
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I guess the ol' Hermster's been in his cage making tough decisions. Thiggy can't make a good read, but Downfield can't run the boot or rollout which (I have been told) are integral to our new, fabulous, simplified offense. The thing is, though, if you do put Downfield in there, he won't last more than one quarter anyhow, so the entire issue is ... MOOT!!!

FAX

FAX
09-17-2008, 12:56 PM

And, if you had been paying attention, Mr. pestilenceaf23, you would know that we don't run "The Slash" or "The Option". We run "The Sloption" which is brand new and completely not retarded. Retarded people will never figure out how to defend The Sloption offense.

FAX

The Franchise
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
And, if you had been paying attention, Mr. pestilenceaf23, you would know that we don't run "The Slash" or "The Option". We run "The Sloption" which is brand new and completely not retarded. Retarded people will never figure out how to defend The Sloption offense.

FAX

The Sloption offense is easy to defend Mr. Fax. All you have to do is wait for Hagans to take the field at QB and put 11 in the box.

FAX
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Put in Dingle Martin

They'd bury Dingle.

FAX

FAX
09-17-2008, 12:59 PM

I'm done with it.

ROFL

Mr. Hootie has worn you out.

FAX

milkman
09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Here is what I hate. Our freaking gimmic, gadget, trick...(insert adjective) play, whatever the hell you want to call it, at best goes for 8 freaking yards. This is what pisses me off so much. Herm knows how bad this team is and yet he still takes no chances. If you are going to run a trick play shit run a double reverse pass and just play highschool qb, "nobody open I am going to throw it deep anyway". I would rather watch them throw three straight bombs that go incomplete or hell goes for an interception forty yards downfield than go run, run, pass, punt and constantly wear out the punter. Granted the line would have to protect, which they cant do, long enough to give it the old heave ho. But I think I would shit myself if I saw them attempt three straight bombs. God knows the defense would never see it coming.

What's a bomb?

bizzar54
09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
What's a bomb?

A 7 yard hitch?????

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Can anyone explain what happened on that weakside bootleg we ran at the beginning of the second half Sunday? Gannon seemed to think Devard Darling was wide open deep for a big gain or a touchdown. Then Thigpen made an awful throw that had no chance of being caught.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 01:04 PM
You convenienty left out the most important part of my post: more losses = MORE CHANCE CARL AND HERM ARE FIRED.

I don't think it's that simple.
The incompetence of Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards pre-dates the 2008 season. There's been reason to liberate them from their job responsibilities for quite some time.

Get outta here with that young player revolt garbage.

You're right. Making a conscious decision to test Free Agency is revolting.

None of them will remember this pathetic year if Hunt makes the right moves in the off-season to rectify it.

Again, I don't think it's that simple.
I think Carl Peterson will remain a part of the organization and wind up hand-picking your next GM. Which will constitute more of the same.

milkman
09-17-2008, 01:04 PM
A 7 yard hitch?????

I thought it was the Chiefs gameplan, i.e., "that bombed".

bizzar54
09-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Can anyone explain what happened on that weakside bootleg we ran at the beginning of the second half Sunday? Gannon seemed to think Devard Darling was wide open deep for a big gain or a touchdown. Then Thigpen made an awful throw that had no chance of being caught.

I would but by that point in the game I had already shoved my kids crayons into my eyes. At the time it just seemed to be less painful than having to watch the game.

FAX
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM
The Sloption offense is easy to defend Mr. Fax. All you have to do is wait for Hagans to take the field at QB and put 11 in the box.

Give me a break. You well know that you observed merely a small fraction of The Sloption offense, Mr. pestilenceaf23. For example, there are variations including "The Sloption Moonbeam" which is where, at the snap of the ball, our Sloption quarterback backpedals 7 steps, wheels, bends over, drops trou, and throws a forward pass between the legs to the tight end who is running a slant pattern in the direction of the biggest pair of jugs in the stadium (if there are no fans in attendance, he runs toward Dick Curl's manboobs).

FAX

Monty
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Monty
09-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Give me a break. You well know that you observed merely a small fraction of The Sloption offense, Mr. pestilenceaf23. For example, there are variations including "The Sloption Moonbeam" which is where, at the snap of the ball, our Sloption quarterback backpedals 7 steps, wheels, bends over, drops trou, and throws a forward pass between the legs to the tight end who is running a slant pattern in the direction of the biggest pair of jugs in the stadium (if there are no fans in attendance, he runs toward Dick Curl's manboobs).

FAX

ROFL

CupidStunt
09-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think it's that simple.
The incompetence of Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards pre-dates the 2008 season. There's been reason to liberate them from their job responsibilities for quite some time.

0-16 = new GM, new coach = a fresh start and all of this garbage isn't even worth talking about. We'll sink or swim with those guys.

Fire Me Boy!
09-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I would but by that point in the game I had already shoved my kids crayons into my eyes. At the time it just seemed to be less painful than having to watch the game.

Burnt sienna in a cornea is a bitch.

Monty
09-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Darling was WIDE open on that play and if Thigpen would have heard us yelling at him to throw the ball to Darling, it would have been an easy TD. Thigpen's inexperience showed on that play as he didn't follow his progression. No telling if he would have connected with Darling or not whether he had followed his progression, but it would have been a huge play had he done so.

I'm all for letting Thigpen start and play. I hate Croyle and have no faith in him, Huard shouldn't even be suited up, and Mr. Sloption can fill in on ST where he belongs. My point here is that Thigpen will get some valuable PT in order to fill his role as a backup until we get a real QB. Will it be ugly? Oh, I have no doubt about that, but IMO his play improved over the course of the game, albeit only slightly. Let's see if he can make any further improvements.

And at the end of the day, it's just one more loss before Herm and CP can feel that door hitting them on the ass on their way out! :D

Groves
09-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I swear we need to replace the avatar system with a simple chart that tells us where that person stands on huard, croyle, LJ, Herm, Carl & Clark.

Seems like just as people are complaining about Huard playing (and not developing our young QBs), then they're complaining that Huard is NOT playing. Perhaps it's just the deception of "who speaks up when", but at least a chart would let me know who's flipflopping all the time.

Hammock Parties
Devard Darling just can't catch a break. Our stud receiver was open for six. Croyle would have connected for sure.

Micjones
0-16 = new GM, new coach = a fresh start and all of this garbage isn't even worth talking about. We'll sink or swim with those guys.

You trust this team to succeed at losing all 16 games?
Haha...

Honestly I think 16 straight losses is good enough.
Can we fire Herm/Carl after the Jets game?
:D

TrickyNicky
09-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Really, the biggest improvement Thigpen made was checking down immediately. When he stopped holding on to the ball for more than 2 seconds, he made ok decisions and moved downfield. I know why we have to do 5 step drops on known passing downs, but it doesn't make it any easier when your O-line routinely gets dominated and your HB's are either noobs or refuse to pass block.

Monty
09-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Devard Darling just can't catch a break. Our stud receiver was open for six. Croyle would have connected for sure.

I dunno about that. Croyle hasn't exactly shown a propensity for consistent accuracy with his deep throws either. JMO. :)

FAX
09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I swear we need to replace the avatar system with a simple chart that tells us where that person stands on huard, croyle, LJ, Herm, Carl & Clark.

Seems like just as people are complaining about Huard playing (and not developing our young QBs), then they're complaining that Huard is NOT playing. Perhaps it's just the deception of "who speaks up when", but at least a chart would let me know who's flipflopping all the time.

Well, I for one have been against the Downfield experiment from the very beginning. I see no reason for us to put that poor peep in harm's way at his age. We might as well name Jack Kevorkian as head coach.

Besides, we now execute things like rollouts and bootlegs and keepers and stuff. That isn't Downfield's game which is the long ball or the bullet pass from the pocket. And, on top of that, Downfield simply doesn't have the brain capacity to run The Sloption which requires a quarterback of both enormous skill and phenomenal intellect. Only the best of the best of the best run The Sloption.

FAX

The Franchise
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Devard Darling just can't catch.

FYP

DJJasonp
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I think I saw Steve DeBerg on an infomercial recently.....maybe he's available for Sunday?

biggunns
09-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Amen brother:cuss::cuss: Fire Herm and Carl....I'll take Who Gives A Shit for $1,000, Alex.

Every loss is one step closer to the end of Herm and Carl.

HemiEd
09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Good! If you are going to play the young players, play them. AND LET THEM ****ING PLAY!!!! Take the diapers (handcuffs) off of them!

KCUnited
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I cool with it, as long as we run the no huddle all game.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 01:50 PM
snaps from Croyle, Thigpen and Martin tell us nothing about this team's future, either.Dumbass...

Chiefnj2
09-17-2008, 01:52 PM
It's a winnable game on paper. I'd play Huard to let the players enjoy the taste of victory. It might be one of the few chances they get all year. It's not like Thigpen really has a future with the Chiefs anyway. Croyle will get the ball as soon as he is healthy and if he gets hurt again KC will bring in a veteran in the offseason.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Herman Edwards has no business coaching in the NFL.

He's stunting the growth of other young players.
He refuses to put the best QB on the field.

This is pathetic.What good does it do to play huard? Seriously?

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 01:54 PM

Put the glass down.Awesome. Lets groom a 36 year old QB.

biggunns
09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
You trust this team to succeed at losing all 16 games?
Haha...

Honestly I think 16 straight losses is good enough.
Can we fire Herm/Carl after the Jets game?
:D Man that would be a dream come true!!:D:D:D

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry guys...anyone who is "pro Thigpen" apparently didn't watch the game last week...
I'm not pro-thigpen, I just do not want to see Huard play I know what he is capable of.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I just do not want to see Huard play I know what he is capable of.

Winning?

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd rather watch Huard get sacked on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down than watch another quarter with Tyler Thigpen at QB.

Probably a nice kid, I have nothing against him, but he is easily the worst QB I've ever seen take a snap in the NFL.

It's very fitting for this roster.Starting Thig makes sense. He'll stink up the place, most likely. Then, next week Martin can play. They can then decide who to cut.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Winning?LMAO Stop ****ing your sister. Your losing brain cells...

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM

Kinda like that wheel route Charles ran in the first half, where he beat his guy like a drum, and Huard underthrew him by a good 15 yards?

Monty
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Kinda like that wheel route Charles ran in the first half, where he beat his guy like a drum, and Huard underthrew him by a good 15 yards?

Nice! ROFL

CupidStunt
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Your losing brain cells...

Irony is awesome.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Official:
Chiefs to start Thigpen at QB against Falcons

The Chiefs will go with Tyler Thigpen at QB in Week 3 against Atlanta.
It will be Thigpen's first NFL start. He's the Chiefs' third starting QB in as many games. Damon Huard is battling a head injury, but judging by Thigpen's Week 2 performance, a concussed Huard would be better. Downgrade Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez in what would've been a very nice on-paper matchup. Also expect Larry Johnson to see constant eight- and nine-man fronts. Sep. 17 - 3:57 pm et
Source: Kansas City Star

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Glad the announcement came today.

Now people have an extra day or two to come up with every excuse possible why we beat Atlanta in spite of Thigpen.

(no, I'm not saying we're going to win, but I promise you, if we do, Thigpen will get ZERO credit.)

CoMoChief
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM

ROFL

Croyle sucks......he checks down just as much as the rest of them.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Why would you ask a player to do something he can't do?

Trent Green couldn't have made that throw, either.

Thigpen of course, has the arm, but can't hit the broadside of a barn.

CoMoChief
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Glad the announcement came today.

Now people have an extra day or two to come up with every excuse possible why we beat Atlanta in spite of Thigpen.

(no, I'm not saying we're going to win, but I promise you, if we do, Thigpen will get ZERO credit.)

Because if we do win, I can guarantee you it won't be because of him.

If he plays well he plays well........but chances are we will get our asses kicked and Michael Turner will run for a shit ton of yards.

KCUnited
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Official:
Chiefs to start Thigpen at QB against Falcons

The Chiefs will go with Tyler Thigpen at QB in Week 3 against Atlanta.
It will be Thigpen's first NFL start. He's the Chiefs' third starting QB in as many games. Damon Huard is battling a head injury, but judging by Thigpen's Week 2 performance, a concussed Huard would be better. Downgrade Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez in what would've been a very nice on-paper matchup. Also expect Larry Johnson to see constant eight- and nine-man fronts. Sep. 17 - 3:57 pm et
Source: Kansas City Star

Hmmm. Huard said he was totally fine yesterday on the radio.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Why would you ask a player to do something he can't do?

Trent Green couldn't have made that throw, either.

Thigpen of course, has the arm, but can't hit the broadside of a barn.

If Huard can't make that throw, I question why he's in the league.

You're basically admitting you're NEVER going to go deep, because your QB can't make the throw.

That's my biggest complaint about Herm.

You have two young guys with strong arms, and you handcuff them to routes under 10-15 yards.

You have a schmuck who almost throws his arm out of its socket to get a 15 yard out to the sideline, and we have him throwing deep routes.

That's ****ed up.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
If Huard can't make that throw, I question why he's in the league.

Well, he could. 2006 he uncorked a couple of nice bombs to Eddie Kennison. 50 yards in the air, easy. He can't do it now.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Keep ****ing Doubting Tyler Thigpen

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, he could. 2006 he uncorked a couple of nice bombs to Eddie Kennison. 50 yards in the air, easy. He can't do it now.

And Trent Green could do it in 2003, but not in 2005/2006.

Exactly why he's a GD backup now.

If you physically can't throw the ball down the field, you're making things pretty easy on the defense. Regardless of gameplan, the defense KNOWS that they only have to defend 25 yards past the LOS.

Rooster
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Anybody know when Vick gets out of prison? Can he play on Sundays and go back to prison during the week?

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
And Trent Green could do it in 2003, but not in 2005/2006.

Exactly why he's a GD backup now.

So is Huard, so what's the problem?

the Talking Can
09-17-2008, 02:23 PM
the exact same true fan dumbasses are out yelling for Huard, and why?

so we can go 4-12 instead of 2-14, and ruin any shot at the top pick and QB next year.....

you losers are attracted to hopeless mediocrity the way a dog is to a strange dog's asshole....have some sense of embarrassment you whiny, ignorant, pussies...

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
So is Huard, so what's the problem?

Green is only a backup because of his relationship with Saunders.

Otherwise, he'd be out of work, just like Huard should be.

(No offense, NewPhin)

StcChief
09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Thigpen and Martin get the snaps.... good move. Brokie outta stick close to Kelly.

Huard needed for the next backup when too many bells are rung.

CoMoChief
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Why cant he do it now? 2 years really have that much effect on his arm?

If you can't throw a crisp pass 50yds, you dont belong in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Why cant he do it now? 2 years really have that much effect on his arm?

I guess? You have a better explanation why he underthrew Charles?

Maybe he can, he just ****ed it up. **** all of this shit!

CoMoChief
09-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd take Vick at this point..........I really would. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

KC_Connection
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Thigpen? Can't they go find some QB from the CFL/Arena league that's better than that stiff?

I may just have to pass on this week's game again. I mean ****...Thigpen???

Red Dawg
09-17-2008, 02:46 PM
What difference does it make. If we can't run/pass block any way it won't matter who the QB is. Give the kid the practice time this week and he'll probably play a little better. I full expect LJ to get 25 carries this week. This season is going to be a pre season extension.

Do we miss Brodie yet. At least he has the possibility of being the future.

Mr. Laz
09-17-2008, 02:49 PM
that fact that you don't see the problem speaks volumes about your wannebe ass.

for the tricky Hagan thing to work you need to be about to throw the ball in the first place. The defenses are crowding the line of scrimmage already on us, what difference does putting a option QB back there do?

if the defense had to play us honest then it might mean something.

Now it was just stupid and looked desperate.

morphius
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
We have a terrible offense for any QB, and it makes it impossible for them to even warm up with 2 runs and a long incomplete pass, punt... wait 7 minutes... repeat step 1. Thigpen was excited and hence was overthrowing his targets, Trent Green did it at the start of a lot of games, Huard overthrows receivers all the time, just that the ball is thrown so slowly that it is easier to catch.

That said, generally speaking, we are screwed either way.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM
The Vikes should've signed Trent

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
I wish we had Casey Printers right now. Seriously.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 03:02 PM

He honestly is the best option right now, sad

BigRock
09-17-2008, 03:08 PM

IF ONLY HUARD WOULD PLAY THEN WE MIGHT WIN THREE GAMES INSTEAD OF TWO!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM

We wouldn't get the chance to bitch about the passing game, seeing as how he can't seem to master the Center-QB exchange...

Wow....

Just looked up his stats in the CFL this year.

In 8 games...

3 TD's

9 INT's

5 Fumbles

68.4 QB rating.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Now it was just stupid and looked desperate.

Newsflash - WE ARE DESPERATE.

Any running play that gains more than two yards is a good thing.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 03:15 PM
We wouldn't get the chance to bitch about the passing game, seeing as how he can't seem to master the Center-QB exchange...

Wow....

Just looked up his stats in the CFL this year.

In 8 games...

3 TD's

9 INT's

5 Fumbles

68.4 QB rating.LMAO

milkman
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
What difference does it make. If we can't run/pass block any way it won't matter who the QB is. Give the kid the practice time this week and he'll probably play a little better. I full expect LJ to get 25 carries this week. This season is going to be a pre season extension.

Do we miss Brodie yet. At least he has the possibility of being the future.

25 carries?

What's the over/under yards?

50?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I guess the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have all the chicken shit they can handle...

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Guys...guys....save your energy for arguing about something else! Don't you see!??! This is ****ing brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clark has given Carl/Herm the Kobayashi Maru!!!!!

TrickyNicky
09-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Clark has given Carl/Herm the Kobayashi Maru!!!!!

Say, that gives me an idea... Could Shatner play RT?

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Say, that gives me an idea... Could Shatner play RT?

Sure...we already have Chekov playing QB....(ouch)

TrickyNicky
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Sure...we already have Chekov playing QB....(ouch)

ROFL

Well played, good sir. Well played.

Rooster
09-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Hell yea! Making chicken salad all day long.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
What good does it do to play huard? Seriously?

You could just win a couple football games.
Raise the morale of the team.
Score a few points. See a few young pass-catchers develop.

Nah... Let's play a 25-year old bum for no other reason than the fact that he's younger. Great idea.

Again, Chiefs Country is brainwashed.
Younger DOES NOT equal better!

milkman
09-17-2008, 04:00 PM

Nah... Let's play a 25-year old bum for no other reason than the fact that he's younger. Great idea.

Huard was performing at such a high level in that Raider game before he was hurt.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Younger DOES NOT equal better!dumb

9 dictionary results for: dumb
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
dumb [duhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, verb
–adjective 1. lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.
2. lacking the power of speech (often offensive when applied to humans): a dumb animal.
3. temporarily unable to speak: dumb with astonishment.
4. refraining from any or much speech; silent.
5. made, done, etc., without speech.
6. lacking some usual property, characteristic, etc.
7. performed in pantomime; mimed.
8. Computers. pertaining to the inability to do processing locally: A dumb terminal can input, output, and display data, but cannot process it. Compare intelligent (def. 4).
9. Nautical. a. (of a barge) without means of propulsion.
b. (of any craft) without means of propulsion, steering, or signaling.

—Verb phrase10. dumb down, Informal. to make or become less intellectual, simpler, or less sophisticated: to dumb down a textbook; American movies have dumbed down.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Huard was performing at such a high level in that Raider game before he was hurt.

You're right. You can tell so much from 4 pass attempts.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Yeah, winning 4 games (HUGE maybe, BTW)with a 35 year old journeyman instead of 2 with younger arms is exactly what this team needs. Damn the future.

ROFL

That's fuggin hilarious.

If I had a dollar for every time LJ or the offensive linemen have stormed off the field pissed off at Huard for taking a sack, or misfiring on a pass, I'd buy you a nice gift, just for making me laugh.

Score a few points.

Sad as it is, Tyler Thigpen has lead this team to more points than any other QB on the roster.

See a few young pass-catchers develop.

Does it really matter who's passes Bowe drops?

None of the QB's are looking at Darling more than once a game.

Franklin hasn't played, neither has Price.

I'll take a 25 year old bum with even the SLIGHTEST chance of becoming a decent player in this league over a 35 year old bum who's proven time and time again his pecking order in this league. Career backup, soon to be out of football entirely.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Schlereth and some other espn black dude on ESPN SC refering to Thigpen "Who?! Okay....i don't get it" "its a statement that we are not good and we don't know what we have, lets see the depth at what we have." When he broke down the film, he had a WTF look haha

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
dumb

9 dictionary results for: dumb
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
dumb [duhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, verb
–adjective 1. lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.
2. lacking the power of speech (often offensive when applied to humans): a dumb animal.
3. temporarily unable to speak: dumb with astonishment.
4. refraining from any or much speech; silent.
5. made, done, etc., without speech.
6. lacking some usual property, characteristic, etc.
7. performed in pantomime; mimed.
8. Computers. pertaining to the inability to do processing locally: A dumb terminal can input, output, and display data, but cannot process it. Compare intelligent (def. 4).
9. Nautical. a. (of a barge) without means of propulsion.
b. (of any craft) without means of propulsion, steering, or signaling.

—Verb phrase10. dumb down, Informal. to make or become less intellectual, simpler, or less sophisticated: to dumb down a textbook; American movies have dumbed down.

Cute.

Your rebuttal is missing though.

distraction

dis·trac·tion /dɪˈstrækʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-strak-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the act of distracting.
2. the state of being distracted.
3. mental distress or derangement: That child will drive me to distraction.
4. that which distracts, divides the attention, or prevents concentration: The distractions of the city interfere with my studies.
5. that which amuses, entertains, or diverts; amusement; entertainment: Fishing is his major distraction.
6. division or disorder caused by dissension; tumult.

I'm still waiting on an explanation of why having a younger, but inferior QB at the helm is a better idea... Especially when considering the need to develop OTHER players who will suffer with a completely inept offense.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
You're right. You can tell so much from 4 pass attempts.

When he's making the same goddamn mistakes he's been making for the past two years in those 4 throws, then yeah, you can tell quite a bit...

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah, winning 4 games (HUGE maybe, BTW) instead of 2 with a 35 year old journeyman is exactly what this team needs.

Help me understand the inherent evil in winning a few more games.

I've I had a dollar for every time LJ or the offensive linemen have stormed off the field pissed off at Huard for taking a sack, or misfiring on a pass, I'd buy you a nice gift, just for making me laugh.

I'd venture to guess that the veteran players would rather play with Huard than any other QB on this team. Again, the numbers speak for themselves. This team is CLEARLY more productive (offensively) when he's at the helm. That isn't even debatable.

Sad as it is, Tyler Thigpen has lead this team to more points than any other QB on the roster.

Untrue.
He and Huard have both thrown for 1 TD.

Franklin hasn't played, neither has Price.

Franklin will play on Sunday.

I'll take a 25 year old bum with even the SLIGHTEST chance of becoming a decent player in this league over a 35 year old bum who's proven time and time again his pecking order in this league. Career backup, soon to be out of football entirely.

The fact that he has never proven himself worthy to be a starter hardly means he isn't the best QB on this team. You know that.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:18 PM
When he's making the same goddamn mistakes he's been making for the past two years in those 4 throws, then yeah, you can tell quite a bit...

This from the man that told me Brodie Croyle's 6 starts isn't sufficient enough to determine who he will be in the NFL. But 4 passes tell the whole story about Huard?

Gotcha.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
This from the man that told me Brodie Croyle's 6 starts isn't sufficient enough to determine who he will be in the NFL. But 4 passes tell the whole story about Huard?

Gotcha.

Huard's had a long career or suckiness....he's had plenty of opp's to grasp a starting or 2nd string QB job

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM

Gotcha.

Nice spin.

Too bad Damon Huard has been in this league for over 10 years.

The fact that he's STILL making the same mistakes on a weekly basis should tell you everything you need to know...

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Huard had the offense moving and even ad-libbed a terrific 15-yard scramble before Gailey's rotten playcalling fugged up a great early drive.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Huard's had a long career or suckiness....he's had plenty of opp's to grasp a starting or 2nd string QB job

Indeed. Problem is, that's immaterial to this discussion.
We're discussing the merits of the three QB's on this team.
As it stands... Thigpen is at the bottom of that totem pole.
Huard stands squarely atop it.

That doesn't make him a great QB. That means the rear-end is pretty awful.

Again, all we're talking about here is who the best QB on this team is.
The numbers don't lie.

milkman
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Thigpen is more mobile and has a much stronger arm, but hasn't yet learned to read defenses, and hasn't shown any accuarcy.

Huard can read defenses, but can't throw the ball any further than my cat.

The areas that Thigpen needs to improve can be improved with, coaching, reps and game experience, and getting comfortable with his receivers.

The area that Hurad needs improvement can't be improved, unless we can fit him with a bionic arm.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Nice spin.

Too bad Damon Huard has been in this league for over 10 years.

The fact that he's STILL making the same mistakes on a weekly basis should tell you everything you need to know...

How are those 10 years in other organizations more important than what he has accomplished in 18 starts as a Chiefs QB?

Answer... They aren't.
That's a spinjob if I've ever seen one.

In 18 starts he's been a serviceable QB here in Kansas City.

Gravedigger
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM

Hard to get a good look at a QB in three series... The reason they're doing this is because of two things. 1. The reason they give us is that it is an experiment, so whatever logic they have behind this then whatever just end this till Brodie gets back. and 2. The offense is built around Brodie, a mobile quarterback who can use his speed to get away from a weak ass Oline and use the sidelines to do some damage.

At least Huard has led us to the playoffs when Trent Green went down two years ago, probably could've won in Indianapolis that year with the hot streak he was on but we brought back Green instead. I choose veteran over rookie who only thing he has going for him is he's a good runner.

Inaccuracy, Poor decision making, stares down recievers, throws off his back foot on the run, never sets his feet/squares his shoulders, has NO fundamentals. When you take 10 negatives vs. 1 positive it doesn't create a great answer, look up that old saying two wrongs don't make a right, let me tell you ten wrongs do the same thing.

If you're of that mindset **** this season lose as many games as we can so we can get a high draft pick then fine, but with our draft "knowledge" of Peterson are you really confident in that we will make the right decision? I don't. Look at this last years draft, would it have made a difference if we would've been picking 2nd instead of 5th? Jake Long was taken, and even if you mix him into our Oline it doesn't mean that this whole QB carousel doesn't happen. Chris Long v. Dorsey wouldn't have made much of a difference just maybe a better pass rush, with still Raiders stacking up 300 rushing yards on us. Matt Ryan, would've been a good pick but I think Herm was planning on going defense on this draft cause he wanted Brodie to succeed. Overall I don't see a big jump in talent this year to where we NEED the first pick in the draft, we still got a good player in Dorsey, and we didn't have to shell out the kinda money Miami did for Long.

Coach
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Thigpen is more mobile and has a much stronger arm, but hasn't yet learned to read defenses, and hasn't shown any accuarcy.

The areas that Thigpen needs to improve can be improved with, coaching, reps and game experience, and getting comfortable with his receivers.

The area that Hurad needs improvement can't be improved, unless we can fit him with a bionic arm.

That's how I see it. Thigpen has room to improve, and it's pretty much what you stated was to read defenses and to get a better understanding on the accuracy situation. The only way you'll actually "learn" is in a game setting, which is a whole different ball-park than practice setting.

Plus, if we're gonna suck, at least let's suck with a young player instead of a old-never-has-been who ******ing quit on the team twice.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:29 PM

Which basically renders his mobility and his arm strength useless.
You can't beat NFL defenses with your legs with any consistency.
And if you can't read defenses zip only gets interceptions to your opponents quicker.

Huard doesn't have a rifle by any stretch of the imagination, but I've seen him complete long pass plays with this football team. Let's remove all emotion from this discussion for a minute.

Arm strength is one of the most overrated amenities a QB can have.

Poor decision-making isn't easily fixed. If it were there'd be more of Peyton Manning than Eli Manning in the NFL.

At the end of the day... I'll take the more productive player every time.
I remember having this argument once about Priest Holmes.
The guy I argued, repeatedly, with raved about how another back with inferior production was the better athlete. He went on and on and on and on about how much faster this other back was (whose name escapes me now).

When it was all said and done...
Holmes was clearly more productive.
So honestly did it matter who the better athlete was?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Help me understand the inherent evil in winning a few more games.

Nothing evil about it. But personally, I'll gladly trade a win or two to give a young guy a legitimate chance in a real game or two, with 1st string talent around him.

I'd venture to guess that the veteran players would rather play with Huard than any other QB on this team. Again, the numbers speak for themselves. This team is CLEARLY more productive (offensively) when he's at the helm. That isn't even debatable.

Seeing as how the players I pointed out were vets, I beg to differ.

I wish there was an opportunity to poll the players on this. Otherwise, it's all just matter of opinion, but based on the actions of his teammates on the field, I'd say you could end up very surprised. Waters body language and sideline tirades when Huard is taking sacks paints an interesting picture...

Untrue.
He and Huard have both thrown for 1 TD.

You'll bitch and moan and roll your eyes, but Thigpen has lead the team to 8 points, while Huard has lead the team to 7.

Them's the facts, and take the 2 point conversion out of the equation - it's not exactly a glowing endorsement of Huard when he can't manage to outscore Tyler Thigpen.

Franklin will play on Sunday.

Great! Thigpen will enjoy having a WR that can actually get open, unlike Darling.

The fact that he has never proven himself worthy to be a starter hardly means he isn't the best QB on this team. You know that.

I'm trying to figure out why Huard gets slack, while Croyle gets knocked.

Croyle can't stay healthy. Huard can't stay healthy.

Croyle throws too many INT's. Huard throws MORE INT's.

Croyle holds the ball too long. Huard holds the ball even longer, as proven by his sack numbers versus Croyle's sack numbers.

Who's the best QB on the team again?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:33 PM

QFT.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Think of Huard as our Kerry Collins and Thigpen as our Vince Young, without the off-the-field issues.

Huard of course is much better looking than Collins. Or most NFL quarterbacks, for that matter.

bringbackmarty
09-17-2008, 04:38 PM
dudes, THEY ALL ARE TEH SUK!

We need a guard and another tackle. now.
Or picks for next year.

Trade Johnson. Let him be free to do as he pleases elsewhere.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
For those who don't want to ever have Thigpen see the field again after 3/4 of a game, would you give any QBs with the following stat-lines a second chance????

12-23, 137yds, 1 TD, 1 int
22-42, 140yds, 1 TD, 2 int
14-33, 151yds, 1 TD, 1 int
5-10, 43yds, 0 TD, 0 int
13-23, 168yds, 0 TD, 0 int
12-24, 86yds, 0 TD, 0 int
8-21, 60yds, 0 TD, 0 int
21-38, 147yds, 0 TD, 1 int
25-52, 316yds, 0 TD, 3 int
20-37, 164yds, 1 TD, 2 int
12-22, 163yds, 1 TD, 1 int

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:41 PM
For those who don't want to ever see Thigpen see the field again after 3/4 of a game, would you give any QBs with the following stat-lines a second chance????

5-10, 43yds, 0 TD, 0 int
8-21, 60yds, 0 TD, 0 int

No one is going to answer, it's too obvious of a set up.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 04:41 PM
That's bullshit. HE'S FROM COASTAL CAROLINA.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Nothing evil about it. But personally, I'll gladly trade a win or two to give a young guy a legitimate chance in a real game or two, with 1st string talent around him.

So we agree there's nothing inherently evil about adding a few more digits to the win column as a result of being more competitive in games? Fair enough.
We've established some commonground.

I'll eulogize that idea later on.

Seeing as how the players I pointed out were vets, I beg to differ.

Larry Johnson was the only player you mentioned by name.
And he's been a malcontent for years now. I'm not sure that he's the right person for the measuring stick job.

Otherwise, it's all just matter of opinion, but based on the actions of his teammates on the field, I'd say you could end up very surprised. Waters body language and sideline tirades when Huard is taking sacks paints an interesting picture...

So it's safe to say that unless either of us become undrafted Free Agents (giving us lockerroom access) that is something we cannot know definitively... At least not at this point.

You'll bitch and moan and roll your eyes, but Thigpen has lead the team to 8 points, while Huard has lead the team to 7.

I think you would do the very same thing.
Though as a counter argument I would offer up a longer history of offensive success in favor of Huard as my rebuttal.

Them's the facts, and take the 2 point conversion out of the equation - it's not exactly a glowing endorsement of Huard when he can't manage to outscore Tyler Thigpen.

Tyler Thigpen has thrown twice as many passes.

I'm trying to figure out why Huard gets slack, while Croyle gets knocked.

My biggest problem with Croyle IS NOT his being injury prone.

Croyle throws too many INT's. Huard throws MORE INT's.

In Huard's time as a Chief he's thrown more TD's than INT's.
You conveniently gloss over that fact.

Croyle holds the ball too long. Huard holds the ball even longer, as proven by his sack numbers versus Croyle's sack numbers.

I've never made much ado of how often Croyle gets sacked.
In my mind it can only be one of two things...
Either he holds the ball too long or we don't have sufficient protection.
We know that we haven't had great offensive line play for a while so I tend not to get hung up on that fact.

Who's the best QB on the team again?

Damon Huard.

DaKCMan AP

No one is going to answer, it's too obvious of a set up.

Then they need to STFU. Give the kid a chance to get all the reps in practice, get a gameplan built around his abilities and an opportunity to enter the game knowing he's the starter. He has the ability to improve. Huard is old and peaked nearly a decade ago.

milkman
Which basically renders his mobility and his arm strength useless.
You can't beat NFL defenses with your legs with any consistency.
And if you can't read defenses zip only gets interceptions to your opponents quicker.

You are right, you can't beat NFL defenses with your legs with any consistency, but being able to move away from pressure does give you a chance to make plays that you otherwise won't get.

Huard doesn't have a rifle by any stretch of the imagination, but I've seen him complete long pass plays with this football team. Let's remove all emotion from this discussion for a minute.

Arm strength is one of the most overrated amenities a QB can have.

Again, you're right, except that Hurad, who has never had a strong arm has already shown us that it's gotten even weaker.

He already missed a 25 yard pass on the sideline that could have resulted in a big play because he could only chuck it 20 yards.

Arm strength is overrarted, unless you can't throw the ball more than 20 yards.

Poor decision-making isn't easily fixed. If it were there'd be more of Peyton Manning than Eli Manning in the NFL.

Once again, you're right.
But even more true than the fact fact that it isn't easily fixed is the fact that it can never be fixed if you never try to fix it.

At the end of the day... I'll take the more productive player every time.
I remember having this argument once about Priest Holmes.
The guy I argued, repeatedly, with raved about how another back with inferior production was the better athlete. He went on and on and on and on about how much faster this other back was (whose name escapes me now).

When it was all said and done...
Holmes was clearly more productive.
So honestly did it matter who the better athlete was?

At the end of the day, if Thigpen shows any development, then he will be the more productive player because he has better physical tools, and we can't know if he has the mental tools until we give him a chance to grow.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Then they need to STFU. Give the kid a chance to get all the reps in practice, get a gameplan built around his abilities and an opportunity to enter the game knowing he's the starter. He has the ability to improve. Huard is old and peaked nearly a decade ago.

Think of who you're dealing with.

People continue to think of Damon Huard in the vacuum of the 2006 season.

Nevermind that RECENT history shows he sucks more than a Dyson.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
For those who don't want to ever have Thigpen see the field again after 3/4 of a game, would you give any QBs with the following stat-lines a second chance????

5-10, 43yds, 0 TD, 0 int
8-21, 60yds, 0 TD, 0 int

Depends on where that QB was drafted.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
That's bullshit. HE'S FROM COASTAL CAROLINA.

Tony Romo's from East Illinois
Kurt Warner's from Northern Iowa
Rich Gannon was from Delaware
Jake Delhomme went to Southwestern Louisiana
Jeff Garcia went to San Jose State

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM

What if he was drafted in the 1st round? 6th round? 7th round?

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:51 PM
You are right, you can't beat NFL defenses with your legs with any consistency, but being able to move away from pressure does give you a chance to make plays that you otherwise won't get.

And chances are if you can't read defenses...
You will rely on your athleticism (your legs) rather than standing in the pocket and finding an open receiver.

Again, you're right, except that Hurad, who has never had a strong arm has already shown us that it's gotten even weaker.

I'm not so sure.

He already missed a 25 yard pass on the sideline that could have resulted in a big play because he could only chuck it 20 yards.

The great ones underthrow passes from time to time.

Arm strength is overrarted, unless you can't throw the ball more than 20 yards.

I know for certain that the big pass play to Dwayne Bowe in the Raider game last year was longer than 20 yards. Again, let's speak honestly here.

At the end of the day, if Thigpen shows any development, then he will be the more productive player because he has better physical tools, and we can't know if he has the mental tools until we give him a chance to grow.

I'm fine with that. I just don't think now is the time for him to be playing games. He isn't prepared. He hasn't taken enough practice reps to truly be ready to come in and contribute.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
What if he was drafted in the 1st round? 6th round? 7th round?

If he had been drafted in the 1st Round I'd stick with him. That's a big commitment.
A 6th or 7th Round pick would probably be done with the starting gig at the very least.

Out with it. Who are we talking about?

the Talking Can
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
people really think the fate of this team depends on a career loser and piece of shit bench warmer named Huard?

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
people really think the fate of this team depends on a career loser and piece of shit bench warmer named Huard?

Playing Thigpen just means losing. That's all. It's pointless.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM

You can't have it both ways.
If the fate of this team doesn't rely upon the performance of Huard...
Neither does it rely on the performance of Croyle or Thigpen.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Funny thing is...
That says a lot that the piece of shit benchwarmer is still a better option that Croyle or Thigpen.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 04:55 PM
If he had been drafted in the 1st Round I'd stick with him. That's a big commitment.
A 6th or 7th Round pick would probably be done with the starting gig at the very least.

Out with it. Who are we talking about?

So you'd give up on Tom Brady after 1, 2 or 3 games after Bledsoe went down?

12-23, 137yds, 1 TD, 1 int - peyton manning's 1st season
22-42, 140yds, 1 TD, 2 int - peyton manning's 1st season
14-33, 151yds, 1 TD, 1 int - tyler thigpen last week
5-10, 43yds, 0 TD, 0 int - tom brady coming in after bledsoe was hurt
13-23, 168yds, 0 TD, 0 int - tom brady's 1st start
12-24, 86yds, 0 TD, 0 int - tom brady's 2nd start
8-21, 60yds, 0 TD, 0 int - donovan mcnabb's 1st start
21-38, 147yds, 0 TD, 1 int - carson palmer's 2nd start
25-52, 316yds, 0 TD, 3 int - carson palmer's 3rd start
20-37, 164yds, 1 TD, 2 int - carson palmer's 4th start
12-22, 163yds, 1 TD, 1 int - ben roethlisberger's 1st start

the Talking Can
09-17-2008, 04:56 PM
You can't have it both ways.
If the fate of this team doesn't rely upon the performance of Huard...
Neither does it rely on the performance of Croyle or Thigpen.

thank you....about time you figured it out...

Micjones
09-17-2008, 04:59 PM
So you'd give up on Tom Brady after 1, 2 or 3 games after Bledsoe went down?

Slap yourself, twice.

I thought this was a grouping of statistics from one QB.
This is a convoluted mess you've compiled.

Dial up Brady's numbers after his first 6 starts.
Don't worry... I'll wait.

THAT'S a setup.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:00 PM
thank you....about time you figured it out...

That only says to me that none of them are worth building around.
If that's the case we need to be on the phone with Phil Savage.
Don't tank the season without trying to improve that position.

Hell I would've given Chris Simms a run.
Anything other than standing pat.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Slap yourself, twice.

I thought this was a grouping of statistics from one QB.
This is a convoluted mess you've compiled.

No, it's not convoluted nor a mess. It shows that a QB deserves than one start/game/opportunity to prove himself.

Dial up Brady's numbers after his first 6 starts.
Don't worry... I'll wait.

THAT'S a setup.

So you're willing to give Thigpen 6 starts and then evaluate him on starts made after that point?

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:02 PM
So you're willing to give Thigpen 6 starts and then evaluate him on starts made after that point?

Absolutely. I said as much in another thread.
I told OTW I'd be willing to let him start the last half of the year depending on where we stand.

the Talking Can
09-17-2008, 05:03 PM
That only says to me that none of them are worth building around.
If that's the case we need to be on the phone with Phil Savage.
Don't tank the season without trying to improve that position.

Hell I would've given Chris Simms a run.
Anything other than standing pat.

you can't honestly believe that it is imperative we play a lifetime loser and bench warmer?

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Absolutely. I said as much in another thread.
I told OTW I'd be willing to let him start the last half of the year depending on where we stand.

Why wait?

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 05:05 PM

This tells you all you need to know about this debate, gentlemen...

We're talking about a SECOND chance. Not a 5th. Or 12th. Or 3rd season.

SECOND CHANCE, and all mic wants to know is, "where were they drafted"

Wow.

milkman
09-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Why wait?

By god, I think he believes this team has playoff potential.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 05:11 PM

And he says WE'RE brainwashed...

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 05:12 PM

Oh, and thanks for making me spit out a mouthful of Fat Tire.

First my breakfast, now my beer.

:cuss:

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I think its funny about the bashing of Coastal Carolina. They actually went 10-1 under Thigpen and made the I-AA playoffs. And making the playoffs was hard for them since there conference doesnt have an autobid to the playoffs. Basically it was about the same as Boise State or Hawaii making the BCS bowl games.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:15 PM
you can't honestly believe that it is imperative we play a lifetime loser and bench warmer?

If we're working a deal out with Phil Savage, no. It isn't imperative.
As it stands though... Huard's the best option we have here in Kansas City.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Why wait?

Why wait until he's at least ready to be a functional QB?
Why should we allow other offensive players to develop?

Gee I don't know...

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:16 PM

Don't put words on my keyboard sir.
Keep the Fox news strawman arguments to yourself.

I've NEVER said that.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:17 PM
And he says WE'RE brainwashed...

You are.

You think giving young players an opportunity to start, without having earned it, is the pathway to success. Because some half-wit Head Coach told you so.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Why wait until he's at least ready to be a functional QB?
Why should we allow other offensive players to develop?

Gee I don't know...

Do you really believe this garbage?

Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of any offensive lineman. Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of any running back. Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of WRs any more than Brodie Croyle or Damon Huard does.

wr # receptions-# times targeted, yards receiving

brodie croyle in 2+ quarters:
bowe 2-7, 20yds
darling 0-0, 0yds
webb 0-0, 0yds

damon huard in 2+ quarters:
bowe 3-6, 29yds
webb 2-2, 10yds
darling 1-2, 68yds

thigpen in 3 quarters:
bowe 5-8, 84yds
webb 0-3, 0yds
darling 1-2, 10yds

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Do you really believe this garbage?

Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of any offensive lineman. Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of any running back. Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of WRs any more than Brodie Croyle or Damon Huard does.

Yes he does.

When the offense can't convert third downs, that's less time on the field for the young talent to work together and learn how to perform as a cohesive unit.

And of course with Thigpen misfires horribly to a wide open Devard Darling, that prevents Darling from making a play.

Quarterbacks who prevent other players from making plays = BAD THING.

SAUTO
09-17-2008, 05:33 PM
the only person REALLY preventing darling from making plays is.......

darling, if that asshole hadnt gotten ran down we might just be 1-1 right now

the Talking Can
09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
If we're working a deal out with Phil Savage, no. It isn't imperative.
As it stands though... Huard's the best option we have here in Kansas City.

the best option to what?

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes he does.

When the offense can't convert third downs, that's less time on the field for the young talent to work together and learn how to perform as a cohesive unit.

And of course with Thigpen misfires horribly to a wide open Devard Darling, that prevents Darling from making a play.

Quarterbacks who prevent other players from making plays = BAD THING.

Dwayne Bowe was targeted more, had more receptions, more yards and a higher reception-to-targeted ratio with Thigpen than with any other Chiefs QB. Darling had the same number of times targeted and same number of receptions with Thigpen as he did with Huard.

Thigpen picked up 11 first downs as QB in 10 drives. Huard picked up 7 in 6 drives.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Dwayne Bowe was targeted more, had more receptions, more yards and a higher reception-to-targeted ratio with Thigpen than with any other Chiefs QB. Darling had the same number of times targeted and same number of receptions with Thigpen as he did with Huard.

Thigpen picked up 11 first downs as QB in 10 drives. Huard picked up 7 in 6 drives.

:spock:

Huard had two drives in the Raiders game.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
the best option to what?

Produce with the current cast of characters.
And MAYBE win a game.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:44 PM
:spock:

Stats prove me wrong repeatedly, so now I'll whine about how Huard had two drives in the Raiders game.

FYP

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Produce with the current cast of characters.
And MAYBE win a game.

Dwayne Bowe has more production under Thigpen than any other QB this season.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:45 PM

Huard threw 4 passes.
Thigpen threw 33.

Don't let that get in the way of your argument though.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Fair enough. With Thigpen this team has still only scored 8 points.
And that came 56 minutes into the game.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Please. We're talking about two games and they had to start chucking it to Bowe every play toward the end of the game.

You play Thigpen the rest of the year and yes Bowe is going to have fantabulous stats because we'll be behind every week, playing catch up, and all those stats will be garbage time, worthless, loser stats.

We had EIGHTY ONE YARDS OF OFFENSE THROUGH THREE QUARTERS against the Raiders. That's not good for any player's development.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Huard threw 4 passes.
Thigpen threw 33.

Don't let that get in the way of your argument though.

Huard has 10 completions on the season. Thigpen has 14. Bowe has 2 more receptions and 55 more yards with Thigpen than with Huard despite only being targeted two more times. Don't let that get in the way of your argument though.

SAUTO
09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Please. We're talking about two games and they had to start chucking it to Bowe every play toward the end of the game.

You play Thigpen the rest of the year and yes Bowe is going to have fantabulous stats because we'll be behind every week, playing catch up, and all those stats will be garbage time, worthless, loser stats.

We had EIGHTY ONE YARDS OF OFFENSE THROUGH THREE QUARTERS against the Raiders. That's not good for any player's development.
but huard could have played more in that game all except for his vag got hurt while chuckin and duckin

BigChiefFan
If we are going to support a rebuild, we have to support starting the young QB, especially considering how bad Huard played recently.

DaKCMan AP
Fair enough. With Thigpen this team has still only scored 8 points.
And that came 56 minutes into the game.

With Huard this team has still only scored 7 points.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM

Why don't you count up the total yardage Huard-led drives have generated.

I bet it blows Thigpen's output out of the water.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
but huard could have played more in that game all except for his vag got hurt while chuckin and duckin

I think we all know now that the injury was a sham.
We heard three different reports on his injury.

Micjones
09-17-2008, 05:57 PM

The team's only scored a total of 18. Big deal.

SAUTO
09-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I think we all know now that the injury was a sham.
We heard three different reports on his injury.

i know but the guy knows one thing duckin when the defense gets within 10 yards. and if he let herm pull that shit off knowing he was all right then he deserves to be castrated right now

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Why don't you count up the total yardage Huard-led drives have generated.

I bet it blows Thigpen's output out of the water.

That's one way to look at it. Another is to see that 3 out Huard's 6 drives have ended with the Chiefs turning the ball over (2 ints, once on downs) whereas only 1 of Thigpen's 10 has ended with the Chiefs turning the ball over (1 int).

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
The team's only scored a total of 18. Big deal.

Exactly. You were the one bringing up the "Thigpen's only led to 8 points" crap.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 06:07 PM
That's one way to look at it. Another is to see that 3 out Huard's 6 drives have ended with the Chiefs turning the ball over (2 ints, once on downs) whereas only 1 of Thigpen's 10 has ended with the Chiefs turning the ball over (1 int).

Blaming Huard for "downs" is asinine.

So is blaming him for Devard Darling's interception.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Blaming Huard for "downs" is asinine.

So is blaming him for Devard Darling's interception.

Facts are facts. In 50% of Huard-led drives this season the Chiefs turned the ball over.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Facts are facts.

Actually, no, they aren't. You're twisting reality to suit your opinion.

Anyone can see that Thigpen is horrible beyond compare. Huard is much, much better.

teedubya
09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I doubt that I watch this game this week. And Im pretty sure that I wont be ABLE to watch them next week due to a blackout.

JuicesFlowing
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
So i can expect to see a watered-down offensive game plan Sunday? No passes over 10 yards? Sweet. Oooooh, wait! That's been the game plan for the last 2 years. Nevermind, my bad.