PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink The New Pizza Hut Pasta Commercials

Pablo
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen these... Basically, people are served pasta dishes at nice restaraunts and then after they all rave about how awesome it is and Pizza Hut comes out all "LOLzorz, surprises!! We delivered it."

Anyways, in the new commercial, the conversation goes as follows.

"What'd you get?"

"The mac and cheese with bacon...it's soooo decadent.

Then they bust in with the "It's Pizza Hut" crew and everyone looks startled and goofy smiles are to found all over the place.."WTF?? This is Pizza Hut"..AWESOME.

Is it just me, or is decadent a bit strong of a word to describe mac and cheese?

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah i thought the same, that shit on the commercials looks like something frozen i can heat up in the microwave....

If i want real pasta the last place i'd go is Pizza Hut

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Pizza Hut probably should focus on serving a pizza that doesn't taste like ass before branching out into other realms of food service.

JMO.

And yes, my wife and I saw the commercial last night and looked at each other like, "what kind of ****tard goes to a nice restaurant and orders mac and ****ing cheese with bacon?"

sedated
09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
this looks like a rip-off of the hardees commercial.

TrickyNicky
The Pizza hut pastas are horrible. Don't ever eat them. I tried them before they started this 3 lb dinner size campaign, but the single serving dinner I tried once made me gag it was so bad.

Pablo
Pizza Hut probably should focus on serving a pizza that doesn't taste like ass before branching out into other realms of food service.

JMO.

And yes, my wife and I saw the commercial last night and looked at each other like, "what kind of ****tard goes to a nice restaurant and orders mac and ****ing cheese with bacon?"Pretty much. It reminds me of that Brian Regan skit about going to a fancy Italian restaraunt.

"Let's start out with a nice bottle of wine, a couple caesar salads...

And I'll have the Beefaroni.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the lady."

Simply Red
09-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen these... Basically, people are served pasta dishes at nice restaraunts and then after they all rave about how awesome it is and Pizza Hut comes out all "LOLzorz, surprises!! We delivered it."

"What'd you get?"

Then they bust in with the "It's Pizza Hut" crew and everyone looks startled and goofy smiles are to found all over the place.."WTF?? This is Pizza Hut"..AWESOME.

Is it just me, or is decadent a bit strong of a word to describe mac and cheese?

yes, the maketing folks aren't that great. Paging Tiny Evel.

seclark
i'll make my own mac-n-cheese, thank you.
but the adding of the bacon sounds like a good touch.
sec

OnTheWarpath15
Pretty much. It reminds me of that Brian Regan skit about going to a fancy Italian restaraunt.

"Let's start out with a nice bottle of wine, a couple caesar salads...

And I'll have the Beefaroni.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the lady."

ROFL

TinyEvel
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM
As a writer of TV ads, my guess is decadent was either a buzz word Pizza Hut was throwing around for a long time, or just happened to be the best synonym for "fatty and bad for you" that they could find.

Or, that lady just got out of prison, went straight to that restaurant and happened to be there when they filmed this on hidden camera.

Demonpenz
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
The hardies commercial is the same they both irk me but don't like get to the point of some annoying commercials

COME ON DOWN TO DEMON PENZ MOTORS WHERE OUR COMMERCIALS ARE 10 TIMES LOUDER THAN THE SHIT YOU WHERE WATCHING BEFORE. WATCH THIS SHIT a 2004 HONDA ACCORD WITH 40,000 MILES *BOOM IN WITH 70's GRAFIX* FOR 119 a MONTH

*Mildly attractive female on screen* 119 A MONTHING?!?!?! YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME>!>!!>!!

*BLACK FAMILY ON SCREEN* CREDIT NO CREDIT WHO GIVES A SHIT

DEMONPENZ IS CRAZZZZY

Pablo
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
The hardies commercial is the same they both irk me but don't like get to the point of some annoying commercials

COME ON DOWN TO DEMON PENZ MOTORS WHERE OUR COMMERCIALS ARE 10 TIMES LOUDER THAN THE SHIT YOU WHERE WATCHING BEFORE. WATCH THIS SHIT a 2004 HONDA ACCORD WITH 40,000 MILES *BOOM IN WITH 70's GRAFIX* FOR 119 a MONTH

*Mildly attractive female on screen* 119 A MONTHING?!?!?! YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME>!>!!>!!

*BLACK FAMILY ON SCREEN* CREDIT NO CREDIT WHO GIVES A SHIT

DEMONPENZ IS CRAZZZZYI see you're the one behind the Cecil Myers commercials.

"My name's Cecil..I'll sell you gas or diesel."

TrickyNicky
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Has anyone else noticed that black families in TV commercials always opt for the 30"? But even bachelor white guys have 40-50"?

/whitlock

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I'll bet she really said "defecate" and they dubbed her over.

Pablo
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WX207oDywA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WX207oDywA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watch this commercial. This is a local car lot. Such an awesomely awful commercial it's got over 1,400 views.

Fish
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
It's preposterous to think they're trying to pass those commercials off as legit.

First, the "real people, not actors" would be greeted to a menu consisting of 3 items.

Second, they would be fraudulently misrepresenting the product.

Third, who would be surprised and excited to find that your "restaurant meal" came delivered in a box by some dipshit college student.

I'd be stabbing people...

Sure-Oz
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
LMAO

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Or, that lady just got out of prison, went straight to that restaurant and happened to be there when they filmed this on hidden camera.

That would explain why she gave it a five-cigarette rating.

chasedude
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I see you're the one behind the Cecil Myers commercials.

"My name's Cecil..I'll sell you gas or diesel."

LMAO "The dealer with a heart"

Kylo Ren
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I think Pizza Hut should come out with Tacos and Sushi. That would be good.

Pablo
09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
I think Pizza Hut should come out with Tacos and Sushi. That would be good.And develop a nice house wine to go with their fine italian foods.

orange
09-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Maybe, but it was originally a coffee commercial (like Maxwell House or something) before Hardees - maybe 20 years ago?

triple
09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Maybe, but it was originally a coffee commercial (like Maxwell House or something) before Hardees - maybe 20 years ago?

"We've secretly replaced this city's winningest team of the 1990s with Herm Edwards' Kansas City Chiefs. Let's see if they notice."

orange
09-17-2008, 03:39 PM
It's preposterous to think they're trying to pass those commercials off as legit.

First, the "real people, not actors" would be greeted to a menu consisting of 3 items.

Third, who would be surprised and excited to find that your "restaurant meal" came delivered in a box by some dipshit college student.

I don't think that's supposed to be a "fine restaurant." I think it's supposed to be a catered event. It would at least be plausible that a caterer would go along with that - no restaurant would ever agree to have their brand graffitied like that.

The Franchise
09-17-2008, 03:39 PM
"We've secretly replaced this city's winningest team of the 1990s with Herm Edwards' Kansas City Chiefs. Let's see if they notice."

:D :deevee:

Pablo
09-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Seriously though, you all need to check out the youtube video I posted on the first page.

Probably the greatest commercial ever made in the St. Joseph, MO area. EVAR.

Simply Red
09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD! BUY YOUR NEW CAR AT ERNIE FREY FORD!

Rain Man

Speaking of stabbing people, I saw one of those really bad Candid Camera ripoffs the other day, and am convinced that TV writers any more are stupid.

Candid Camera was funny because it presented unusual situations. The new shows just lie to people and then laugh at them. They're horrendous.

So...I'm flipping the channels and see a channel where two attractive young women are standing around in bikinis. Naturally, I stop to see if they're about to oil wrestle. It turns out that one of them is the "joke victim" and the other one is an actress. A fake doctor comes out and gives them "fast-acting suntan cream" to wear into a tanning booth as part of the "final approval process". The actress goes in, stays for five minutes, and comes out. The victim then goes in.

While the victim is in, they spray the actress with red stuff that looks like horrible burns, and actually paste fake lesions onto her. When the victim comes out, the actress is crying and acting like she's in great pain. The fake doctor then comes out, looks, and gets on a phone and starts saying, "It's the same problem we had with Batch 29. You think it's radiation?"

The victim is trying to comfort the crying actress and is obviously scared to death since she just came out, and after letting her stew for a few minutes, they all laugh and say, "Ha, ha! You're on Joke TV!" The victim rightfully did not seem happy about it.

It's unbelievable that somebody actually thought that was funny.

The Franchise
Seriously though, you all need to check out the youtube video I posted on the first page.

Probably the greatest commercial ever made in the St. Joseph, MO area. EVAR.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oU3XsN8SW5E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oU3XsN8SW5E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Simply Red
09-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Tasters Choice.

luv
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Yep, and I thought those were stupid, too.

Pablo
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah..I always look forward to the next Cecil Myers commercial.

KQ2(local ABC station) plays the sh*t outta them. It's pretty sweet.

Simply Red
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
That's going to bother me know, I think it was Tasters Choice.

bishop_74
09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
The sescret is they filmed these in some small town so the people that were eating the food had no point of reference. The nicest restaurant they had been to is probably an Olive Garden. My assumption is the Pizza Hut food is on par with or better than anything they have had before.

ZootedGranny
09-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Thumbs up to hating that stupid broad and her use of "decadent." She watches a season of Hell's Kitchen and gets gassed up like she's some expert food critic. The commercial should've ended with the Pizza Hut reveal, and then a fake chef scissorkicking that woman through the table.

As far as enraging me, that commercial is right up there with Coors Light's dumb**** "Coldest tasting beer" campaign.

chasedude
09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah..I always look forward to the next Cecil Myers commercial.

KQ2(local ABC station) plays the sh*t outta them. It's pretty sweet.

You can always tell the local produced commercials on KQ2. They all exude this "cheesiness" to them.

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Poor TinyEvel is probably scrolling this thread with shaking hands, fearing the discovery of a critique of one of his ads.

Your ads are great, TinyEvel! They're masterpieces! They're better than Cats!

Skip Towne
09-17-2008, 04:02 PM
sec

I put 1/2 inch pieces of link sausage in mine. Gooood!!

Deberg_1990
09-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Mmmmmm.....Pizza Hut Pasta...YUM!

orange
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM

I know what you mean... I get on that kind of obsession trying to remember something all the time. :rolleyes:

sedated
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
As far as enraging me, that commercial is right up there with Coors Light's dumb**** "Coldest tasting beer" campaign.

they're not as bad as that old Miller Lite "wingman" garbage

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
they're not as bad as that old Miller Lite "wingman" garbage

Don't say I didn't warn you, TinyEvel.

I liked the wingman commercial myself.

JBucc
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
they're not as bad as that old Miller Lite "wingman" garbageYeah that was lame. Still it could have been worse. Like putting tiny billboards everywhere or something. That would be RETARTED.

Bugeater
09-17-2008, 04:16 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folgers

Another famous advertising campaign from the early 1980s took the viewer inside various gourmet restaurants as a voice-over whispered, "We are here at (insert name of four-star restaurant), where we've secretly replaced the fine coffee they usually serve with Folgers Crystals. Let's see if anyone can tell the difference!"

ModSocks
09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
sec

If you make it at home, it's pretty good. Velvetta MaC & Cheese shells, mix in some steamed broccoli and chicken. Then top with Bacon. 15 Minute meal and tastes pretty good.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
How about some old school Ray Adams Toyota?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSa_bKSKAXw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSa_bKSKAXw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCinNY
09-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Same concept as the 1980's Taster's Choice instant coffee ads.

The catch is they give those people a free meal at that restaurant (after doing a bogus survey in a mall or something) in order to switch the usual fare to the Pizza Hut garbage. Of course, if a normal paying customer at a fancy place was given Pizza Hut pasta the restaurant would be wide open for litigation.

Agree 100% about the twit calling mac and cheese "decadent." I mean seriously...who the hell goes to a nice italian place and orders mac and cheese with bacon???

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
We have Mattress King commercials in Denver where some guy dresses up his kid in a really cheap "king" costume and the kid yells, "Nobody beats the king! Nobody!" I figure that kid is a pariah at his school.

Bugeater
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
A couple of the Folger's commercials:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGKJHpQkfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGKJHpQkfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxigbiEEOkk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxigbiEEOkk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
09-17-2008, 04:38 PM
As a writer of TV ads, my guess is decadent was either a buzz word Pizza Hut was throwing around for a long time, or just happened to be the best synonym for "fatty and bad for you" that they could find.

How do they get away with calling it "hidden camera"?

KCChiefsMan
09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
pizza hut blows. Usually I only liked the cheesesticks but the last time I got those they were *****ing nasty.

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
How do they get away with calling it "hidden camera"?

Maybe they put a blanket over it before they start filming.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-17-2008, 05:50 PM

"What'd you get?"

The fact that someone ordered mac and ****ing cheese at an "upscale" restaurant is retarded. Who says "Hey honey let's go to Chez Le Sua Fuqtard's on the Lake tonight. They have this mac and cheese that is TOO DIE FOR!!!!!!1!!!!" Those commercials are horrible.

Baby Lee
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
We have Mattress King commercials in Denver where some guy dresses up his kid in a really cheap "king" costume and the kid yells, "Nobody beats the king! Nobody!" I figure that kid is a pariah at his school.

Do they sell Sofas?

'Cuz that'd be Sofa King cool.

Baby Lee
09-17-2008, 06:09 PM
The fact that someone ordered mac and ****ing cheese at an "upscale" restaurant is retarded. Who says "Hey honey let's go to Chez Le Sua Fuqtard's on the Lake tonight. They have this mac and cheese that is TOO DIE FOR!!!!!!1!!!!" Those commercials are horrible.

It's by no means an upscale restaurant, but the Tin Can Tavern around the corner has Mac'n'Cheese that everyone I've ever seen discuss it, their eyes swell with that vacant, longing, 'Mmmm. . . Mac and Cheeeeese' look.
From scratch, four kinds of cheese, half and half, cornflakes and brown sugar in the topping, and just a hint of tobasco.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Fat soccer moms will eat that shit up. They'll order pizza for their family and be like "Oh that's OK ya'll eat the pizza I'll just have this pasta, I'm on a diet."

Baby Lee
09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Fat soccer moms will eat that shit up. They'll order pizza for their family and be like "Oh that's OK ya'll eat the pizza I'll just have this pasta, I'm on a diet."

"Oh, thanks honey, while you're enjoying a hot, steamy, cheesy pizza, I'll be in the corner, grazing on a delightful array of sprouts and garbanzo beans . . . Get real."

joesomebody
09-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Thumbs up to hating that stupid broad and her use of "decadent." She watches a season of Hell's Kitchen and gets gassed up like she's some expert food critic. The commercial should've ended with the Pizza Hut reveal, and then a fake chef scissorkicking that woman through the table.

Speaking of Coors, what in the hell is the point of the damn blue mountains to know your beer is cool. I don't understand that in the least. I know if a beer is cold by touch, why on earth would I need a damn mountain to tell me. I love coors original, but I do not like the stupid mountains campaign.

Baby Lee
09-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Speaking of Coors, what in the hell is the point of the damn blue mountains to know your beer is cool. I don't understand that in the least. I know if a beer is cold by touch, why on earth would I need a damn mountain to tell me. I love coors original, but I do not like the stupid mountains campaign.

It's to suggest that the beer has been cold every moment since it's creation.
People don't like the idea of their beer ever getting hot, brings on images of some stale skunky shit that fell behind the fridge in the garage. Coors is trying to cultivate this image that their beer started as snow on a mountain, melted into a mountain stream, and kept cold until the moment it hits your gullet.

orange
09-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Baked Brie with Pasta - YUMMM!

orange
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM

They use underground water from their own mountain springs. They've talked about that so much in their commercials over decades I guess they think people already know.

talastan
09-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I've seen a couple of these commercials and in one of them the restaurant's chef is standing next to the guy who is announcing,"Hey it's Pizza Hut!". The Chef looks freaking pissed off as hell!

88TG88
09-17-2008, 07:52 PM
The Dominoes pasta commercial is 10x worse than the Pizza hut ad.

listopencil
09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
It's unbelievable that somebody actually thought that was funny.

I actually thought that was funny.

listopencil
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I actually thought that was funny.

Unbelievable.

BigRock
09-17-2008, 09:26 PM
They do the same "free meal" schtick with these Hardees commercials where people sit down at a table to eat a prime rib burger or whatever it is. And then they're all like "WHAAAAT, I CANNOT FATHOM THAT THIS BIG GREASY BURGER I JUST ATE ACTUALLY CAME FROM A FAST FOOD JOINT".

J Diddy
09-17-2008, 09:35 PM
The Dominoes pasta commercial is 10x worse than the Pizza hut ad.

I am not aware of a dominos pasta commercial, please enlighten me.

Rausch
09-17-2008, 09:36 PM
It's to suggest that the beer has been cold every moment since it's creation.
People don't like the idea of their beer ever getting hot, brings on images of some stale skunky shit that fell behind the fridge in the garage.

Like properly aged pork, beef, or cheese.

Cold and fresh always-es equals better flavor...

Skip Towne
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Coors beer isn't Pasteurized. It needs to stay cold all the time.

Frosty
09-18-2008, 07:58 AM

"Surprise! You're soaking in it."

I haven't seen the Pizza Hut commercials (TiVo FTW!) but they sound stupid.

Gonzo
09-18-2008, 08:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oU3XsN8SW5E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oU3XsN8SW5E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's a goddman ripoff from Cal Worthington I tells ya.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGEYCsvPJzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGEYCsvPJzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gonzo
09-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh and when you're talking about bad commercials....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJ3oHpup-pk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJ3oHpup-pk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chasedude
09-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh and when you're talking about bad commercials....

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJ3oHpup-pk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

ROFL That was sooo bad it was funny!

Fat Elvis
09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Do they sell Sofas?

'Cuz that'd be Sofa King cool.

They have this place in Lawrence near 31st and Iowa that has the Sofa King type ads and roadside displays. They have the worst ads ever. I mean ever. One time they even used employees(?) dressed up as Nazis.

KCCHIEFS27
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
So not to be picky or anything..but the lady that ordered the Mac and Cheese isn't the one saying the dish is decadent. She is blond. The lady using the word decadent is brunette and has her back to the camera when they take the shot away from the blond. Just being observant is all. Who the hell orders mac and cheese though? Where are the damn cut up hot dog pieces to go in that? Now that's top of the line.

How about this one? amazing! (Explicit Language)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ds7OfXXi-c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ds7OfXXi-c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

88TG88
09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
I am not aware of a dominos pasta commercial, please enlighten me.

Its like a ghetto noid
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsZXPFxc2Gg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsZXPFxc2Gg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigRock
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
One time they even used employees(?) dressed up as Nazis.

YOU'RE SOFA KING JEWISH!

Rain Man
09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
They have this place in Lawrence near 31st and Iowa that has the Sofa King type ads and roadside displays. They have the worst ads ever. I mean ever. One time they even used employees(?) dressed up as Nazis.

"Come to our store. We'll be the Final Solution to all your sofa needs."

the Talking Can
09-18-2008, 04:59 PM
i wish those commercials ended with a beating to death by hammers of those idiots.....

"hey! this microwaved mac and cheese is scrumpdilyicious!!...[hammer smashing teeth in] aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh...."

Pablo
09-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Its like a ghetto noid
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsZXPFxc2Gg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsZXPFxc2Gg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Wow...like I needed a reason to eat even less at Domino's.

The Franchise
09-18-2008, 05:39 PM
That's a goddman ripoff from Cal Worthington I tells ya.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGEYCsvPJzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGEYCsvPJzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did you see the prices and interest rates on those damn things?

$4995.....$89 a month with 21% interest. lol :eek:

Pablo
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM

$4995.....$89 a month with 21% interest. lol :eek:Only 21%?

Sign me up.

Sure-Oz
09-18-2008, 07:16 PM

$4995.....$89 a month with 21% interest. lol :eek:

You'll get that paid off by the time you have grandkids, yes

Rausch
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
You'll get that paid off by the time you have grandkids, yes

I already do.

I WANT MY HAPPY NOW BITCH...

Buehler445
09-18-2008, 08:11 PM

"What'd you get?"

So the wife and I went for the $13 3/lb deal. We got two meals out of the deal so I was willing to pay $3.25 a meal for it. It was freaking fast food pasta. It was shitty. Worth the money, but still shitty. That goddamn commercial came on, and I commented to the wife that if I went to a nice restaurant and ordered mac and cheese, shoot me. If I go to a nice restaurant and this is what I get, someone is going to DIE. I mean Celebrity Deathmatch type DIE.

SithCeNtZ
09-18-2008, 08:42 PM
This thread makes me laugh. I bet half of the people on here would say the same kinds of things in the same situation. No one wants to admit that they can be duped, but the fact is most people can be.

Rain Man
09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
This thread makes me laugh. I bet half of the people on here would say the same kinds of things in the same situation. No one wants to admit that they can be duped, but the fact is most people can be.

(Stepping from behind podium)

SithCeNtZ, this is Chiefsplanet. You have actually been posting on a test board with computer-generated "members", as opposed to the real Chiefsplanet. How did you enjoy your experience?

(Putting microphone in front of SithCeNtZ.)

the Talking Can
09-24-2008, 10:13 AM
(Stepping from behind podium)

SithCeNtZ, this is Chiefsplanet. You have actually been posting on a test board with computer-generated "members", as opposed to the real Chiefsplanet. How did you enjoy your experience?

(Putting microphone in front of SithCeNtZ.)

this thought crosses my mind all the time...(here comes a hijack)

if you found out all the responses on this board were computer generated, would have enjoyed it any less?

the reality is, i think, no....i can feel certain that i'm interacting with humans, but it is mostly a fiction i choose to believe....