PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A playoff scenario for the Chiefs.

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 05:10 PM
At what point above would the Chiefs have a 50% or higher chance of making the playoffs?

cdcox
09-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I voted:

All other AFC teams lost their THREE MV offensive and THREE MV defensive players in Week 3. I think I should have voted "keep going".

I took Buffalo as a bubble AFC WC team to see how competitive we would be against them after decimating their team with injuries. I looked at their roster after knocking out Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans, Marcus Stroud, Terrence McGee and one other defender. I think we could maybe be competitve, but then it comes down to:

1) QB play - I don't feel good about this
2) Coaching - I really, really don't feel good about this
3) Buffalo already has a 2 game lead.

So all things considered, I would still favor Buffalo strongly over us for a playoff spot even if they lost their 6 best players.

Spott
09-17-2008, 05:45 PM
When hell freezes over isn't an option?

Rain Man
09-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow. So the consensus is that we would need to see more than 90 top AFC players suffering season-ending injuries this week to make the playoffs. That's a problem.

POND_OF_RED
09-17-2008, 06:01 PM
I'd say cloning Willie Roaf 5 times would give us a 50% chance.

SAUTO
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
i dont think roaf would make a good center lol

POND_OF_RED
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
i dont think roaf would make a good center lol

I was thinking FB.

cdcox
09-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Another way to look at this is to turn it around and add 6 players to the Chiefs at the strong-starter to Pro-bowl level.

If the Chiefs added a QB, OL and WR we'd still have a weak OL, but otherwise would be in pretty good shape on offense. You could add 2 OL but you #2 WR would still be very week. On defense I'd add a pass rushing DE and two very active LB. You'd have a journeyman at DT, Tamba at DE (serviceable but nothing special) and some questions in a young secondary, but overall a good defense. I think we'd easily make the playoffs with a team like this, but it's not SB caliber until you plug some of the reamining holes or the QB is really special.

6 spots is at least 2 drafts or 1 draft and a great FA period.

Need 2 more years of good drafting, all of the new guys to pan out, no bad injuries, no losses to FA and the clock to stop on Gonzo, Waters, and LJ.

LMAO.

chop
09-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Let's see...The Chiefs start 0-2, lose thier #1 QB, Lose their #2 QB, Start the 7th rd. draft choice 3rd string QB, lose their starting CB, playing some guy I never heard of at MLB, ORG is a backup lineman, RT never stays healthy and when he does he gets beat like a drum, and the biggest reason the Chiefs will not make the playoffs is the coaching staff.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
What? We're 0-2. Herm Edwards has the rest of the NFL right where he wants it.

Iowanian
09-17-2008, 08:02 PM
The only Playoff the Chiefs will have this season.....

A potential coin flip for the first pick in the draft.

Spott
09-17-2008, 08:03 PM
The only Playoff the Chiefs will have this season.....

A potential coin flip for the first pick in the draft.

With St Louis.