PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Look we signed some more scrubs!

Mecca
09-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Travarous Bain who's a CB from Arizona's practice squad that went to college at Hampton after transferring from The U.

G Tavares Washington
Washington (6-4, 315) originally entered the NFL with San Francisco as a rookie free agent in 2006 and spent that entire campaign on the 49ers practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2007 season on San Francisco’s developmental squad after being released prior to the start of the regular season. Washington attended training camp with the Redskins in 2008, but was released prior to the start of the regular season.

morphius
09-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Are we trying to take all the scrubs from the juggernaut that is San Fran?

InChiefsHeaven
09-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Travarous Bain who's a CB from Arizona's practice squad that went to college at Hampton after transferring from The U.

G Tavares Washington
Washington (6-4, 315) originally entered the NFL with San Francisco as a rookie free agent in 2006 and spent that entire campaign on the 49ers practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2007 season on San Francisco’s developmental squad after being released prior to the start of the regular season. Washington attended training camp with the Redskins in 2008, but was released prior to the start of the regular season.

Print em...

...how many people do we sign and cut in a season? I know it's common in the NFL, but I wonder what the average is...

...had a guy I knew from High School who played for like 5 NFL teams (including the Chiefs, his name was Tyrone Williams). I actually saw him in a pres-season game. He never started, but he bounced around the NFL for 10 seasons, and actually retired a millionaire...dude was smart with his money...

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Print em...

...how many people do we sign and cut in a season? I know it's common in the NFL, but I wonder what the average is...

...had a guy I knew from High School who played for like 5 NFL teams (including the Chiefs, his name was Tyrone Williams). I actually saw him in a pres-season game. He never started, but he bounced around the NFL for 10 seasons, and actually retired a millionaire...dude was smart with his money...

Actually he is still playing in the CFL I believe.

InChiefsHeaven
09-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Actually he is still playing in the CFL I believe.

Well, that's possible but I don't think so. I went to High School with him back in '89, I think he graduated in like '91. Which doesn't make it impossible, he was a DE I believe. I ran into a mutual friend a few years ago who still keeps in touch, I believe he said he was going to retire, so I just assumed he did. Good for him if he's still pullin' down some jack...

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Well, that's possible but I don't think so. I went to High School with him back in '89, I think he graduated in like '91. Which doesn't make it impossible, he was a DE I believe. I ran into a mutual friend a few years ago who still keeps in touch, I believe he said he was going to retire, so I just assumed he did. Good for him if he's still pullin' down some jack...

http://www.bclions.com/roster/show/id/55

InChiefsHeaven
09-18-2008, 08:12 AM
http://www.bclions.com/roster/show/id/55

Awesome! That's him! He even was a bouncer for my band back in like '90 at a battle of the bands we had at our high school. Tyrone's a good guy, glad to see he's still chuggin' away...

rtmike
09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry for bringing this thread back up.

But when a team raids anothers' practice squad, what's to keep the raided team from not going right back after the player if they didn't want to lose him?

kstater
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Sorry for bringing this thread back up.

But when a team raids anothers' practice squad, what's to keep the raided team from not going right back after the player if they didn't want to lose him?

The contract that the player signs.

rtmike
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks kstater, so every time a player is taken off someone else's practice squad he automatically goes on the 53 man roster?
And the player we cut to make room, depending on eligibility, as long as he clears waivers can be put back on our practice squad?

Just trying to understand personnel moves.

kstater
09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks kstater, so every time a player is taken off someone else's practice squad he automatically goes on the 53 man roster?

Just trying to understand personnel moves.

Yes, in order to sign a Practice Squad player, you must sign him to the active roster.