PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Over/Under on the number of QB's that Herm gets killed

Mr. Laz
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
this year.

how many different Quarterbacks will the Chiefs play this year

Croyle
Huard
Thigpen

3 and counting

Skip Towne
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
How many did he kill before he got here?

Bugeater
All of them.

Dave Lane

talastan
09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I think just these three. Though our O-line is bad, and I hesitate to believe I'm actually saying this....I think they are better, or have the chance to get better than last season. We've seen Albert hold his own, Waters (Need I say more), Niswanger I think will begin to improve, Jones, well hopefully Herb Taylor might fit in here, Richardson will improve as well.(McIntosh will be injured, or replaced before too long IMO)

Therefore I'm staying with the guess of Three....(crossing fingers):grovel:

kstater
09-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Chiefs have already played 4 QB's.

FAX
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I said five. I think that's a pretty fair estimate considering it's only game 2. We have 14 games left (not counting the playoffs) which means an average of only 1 dead quarterback every 3 games, or so. I think Herm can do it.

FAX

FAX
09-18-2008, 05:25 PM

There's a limit though, Mr. kstater. There are the roster rules which only allow you to suit up so many players. Plus, at some point, quarterbacks are going to refuse to play for the Chiefs. It isn't a matter of money. It's a question of whether or not you want to live the rest of your life in a facility where all the other guys walk around in their pajamas all day and fight over the tv in the activity room.

FAX

Mr. Laz
09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
if the Chiefs ever line up with Hagans as THE quarterback then he will count .... until then, he's just a gimmick.

4th and Long
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
eleventy billion, ... give or take 1 or 2.

chasedude
09-18-2008, 05:52 PM

cabletech94
09-18-2008, 08:23 PM

Come on, someone was gonna do it.

PastorMikH
09-18-2008, 10:02 PM
I put this on another thread, but this one may be a bit more appropriate.

If Thigpin goes down this week to injury, that would be 3 QBs in 3 weeks. If that were to happen, is it realistic to still blame Croyle for being injury prone if we lose a QB a week because of a lack of protection?

Phobia
09-18-2008, 10:28 PM

If Thigpin goes down this week to injury, that would be 3 QBs in 3 weeks. If that were to happen, is it realistic to still blame Croyle for being injury prone if we lose a QB a week because of a lack of protection?
We never could blame Croyle. Charles got him killed that day. A QB has to have faith his blockers are going to make the right choices. Croyle hung in the pocket fully expecting Charles to rightfully pick his correct assignment. Charles failed and nobody who fully understands the game can blame it on Croyle, IMO.

tk13
09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
It's not officially a federal disaster until we call Vinny Testaverde.

evolve27
09-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Hairy Dingleberry!

teedubya
09-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Yarr.. based on me math... Herm be playin 4 QBs in thee 2 games... Blimey! So, Begads! he be playin 32 this year, matey.

FringeNC
09-18-2008, 11:00 PM
The ironic thing about it is the Herm defenders claim our O-line isn't good enough to throw the ball regularly-- that the QBs would get killed.

It seems to me that the evidence suggests Herm's Law of Offense of only throwing on 3rd and long is what is getting the QBs killed.

On a side note, I'm starting to believe Herm is mentally ill. I seriously do. I think his goal is not win the game, but to minimize the number of points the other team scores. Either that, or he's afraid if we score, get the lead, and shock the other team out of the pre-season mode they get into when they play a team like us that they aren't one bit afraid of, this defense coaching staff (including him) will be exposed for the total frauds they are.

We can go round and round on Herm, but all bullshit aside, is there a single college or pro team that has a game-plan even remotely similar to ours?

FAX
09-18-2008, 11:18 PM
We never could blame Croyle. Charles got him killed that day. A QB has to have faith his blockers are going to make the right choices. Croyle hung in the pocket fully expecting Charles to rightfully pick his correct assignment. Charles failed and nobody who fully understands the game can blame it on Croyle, IMO.

The Debbies say the reason he was injured is due to his glassiness, Mr. Phobia. I saw a replay of the hit (I'm sure you guys can verify) and it sure looked like the drive into the turf with all that force and weight behind it was enough to cause an injury to a lot of guys - not just glassy ones.

Shoulder joints are strange, though. If the leverage is just right, it doesn't take much pressure to pop them right out as anyone who's had a separated shoulder can probably tell you. I've had doctors pop one out right in their damned office and, thankfully, put it back in place. I had a shot but it still hurts like a mother, too.

I'm still of the opinion that Croyle isn't necessarily injury prone in the normal definition of the term ... it's more like he's just incredibly unlucky. Not the kind of peep you want to go skydiving with.

FAX

Dylan
09-19-2008, 01:45 AM
This thread is so funny... ROFL

Where's Dimension2112? lol

I'll never forget sitting on my couch watching the Jets game when Pennington re-injured his rotator cuff. His backup, Jay Fiedler, dislocated his shoulder after about five plays. Both Pennington and Fielder were lost for the season. It was crazy.

Testaverdi who was out of football ended his retirement. Soon after --Vinny injured his Achilles and was lost for the season.

The Jets went through five QBs in one season-- I believe Bollinger was the next QB to be sidelined.

It was around that time the media turned against the Jets organization.

Programmer
09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
The ironic thing about it is the Herm defenders claim our O-line isn't good enough to throw the ball regularly-- that the QBs would get killed.

It seems to me that the evidence suggests Herm's Law of Offense of only throwing on 3rd and long is what is getting the QBs killed.

On a side note, I'm starting to believe Herm is mentally ill. I seriously do. I think his goal is not win the game, but to minimize the number of points the other team scores. Either that, or he's afraid if we score, get the lead, and shock the other team out of the pre-season mode they get into when they play a team like us that they aren't one bit afraid of, this defense coaching staff (including him) will be exposed for the total frauds they are.

We can go round and round on Herm, but all bullshit aside, is there a single college or pro team that has a game-plan even remotely similar to ours?

Hermcuff isn't mentally ill, but he is ego driven and extremely stubborn. He will stand with rrpp until someone above him forces him to change. The only way to do that will be by firing him. It's something that should happen now.

Goapics1
09-19-2008, 06:47 AM

Yes.