PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs notebook: Sore knee makes Hali questionable

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Chiefs notebook: Sore knee makes Hali questionable (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/805365.html)

Hali on injury list

The Chiefs are suddenly facing the possibility of a serious shortage at defensive end. Not only is Turk McBride questionable for Sunday’s game at Atlanta because of what he called a bruised spleen, but the other starting defensive end, Tamba Hali, popped up on the injury report because of a sore knee.

Hali is also listed as questionable.

The Chiefs carry only four defensive ends. Alfonso Boone and rookie Brian Johnston, a seventh-round draft pick, are the others. Boone was a starting tackle last season and played in McBride’s spot after he left the Raiders game last week. Johnston played a handful of snaps in the first two games.

The Chiefs also have linebacker Demorrio Williams, who has played some as an end but only in passing situations.

The Falcons listed three starters on their injury report as questionable: defensive tackle Grady Jackson (knee), linebacker Michael Boley (neck) and right tackle Tyson Clabo (elbow). Left tackle Sam Baker (concussion) is listed as probable.

Thigpen vs. Johnston

While at tiny Coastal Carolina, Tyler Thigpen didn’t go against many players now in the NFL. But teammate Johnston, a rookie defensive end, is one of them.

Johnston played at Gardner-Webb, which like Coastal Carolina plays in the Big South Conference. Johnston’s team faced Thigpen’s three times.

“I’ve seen him play for three years, so I know what he can do,” Johnston said. “I’m confident in his ability.”

Johnston said he sacked Thigpen at least once and possibly more.

“I don’t remember exactly how many times, but I do remember that as quarterbacks go, he’s tough to bring down,” Johnston said. “He’s a mobile quarterback, elusive. If there’s pressure, he can get out of a situation.”

Preseason football?

Coach Herm Edwards isn’t crazy about the suggestion that because the Chiefs are starting Thigpen at quarterback in Atlanta, they aren’t trying to beat the Falcons. Thigpen, who will be making his first NFL start, had more than his share of problems in last week’s loss to Oakland.

“If they know football teams and study football, they know coaches and players and organizations put too much into trying to win a game every week,” Edwards said. “You prepare to win.

“We’re trying to win with Tyler. The thing we’re losing sight of is that if Tyler struggles, Damon Huard can come in and play.

“We think Tyler gives us a great opportunity for what we’re trying to do throwing the football, doing some things where he’s not always standing around in the pocket.”

InChiefsHeaven
09-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Put Hagans in at DE...I hear he can do any fuggin thing...

FAX
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Hali has been such a disappointment, so far.

C'mon Hali!! Let's get this thing going!!!!

FAX

chiefs1111
09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Maybe we can bring Neil Smith out of retirement or something

Mecca
09-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Hali is either being non productive or injury prone...

Ebolapox
09-20-2008, 12:20 AM
his knee must be swole. print em'!

FAX
09-20-2008, 12:22 AM
I knew it was a mistake for Carl to let his mother come to the States. He had leverage and let it get away from him.

FAX

milkman
09-20-2008, 05:12 AM
Hali has been such a disappointment, so far.

C'mon Hali!! Let's get this thing going!!!!

FAX

If you had the expectation that he would struggle to do anything on the right side, then he wouldn't have been a disappointment.

Chiefs=Champions
09-20-2008, 05:13 AM
I knew it was a mistake for Carl to let his mother come to the States. He had leverage and let it get away from him.

FAX

:clap: ROFL ROFL

:shake:

HemiEd
09-20-2008, 05:40 AM
Hali is either being non productive or injury prone...

Herm only drafts NFL stars, especially in the first round.

jspchief
09-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Thank god we got the reassurance of a third string DE that Thigpen is good.

bringbackmarty
09-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Put Hagans in at DE...I hear he can do any fuggin thing...

5'9" 180' it would be awesome to see him get flattened but some 300 lb tackle.

bringbackmarty
09-20-2008, 08:16 AM
like a penny on the train tracks./

Bwana
09-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Hali = Eric Hicks Jr. I really had high hopes for this guy when he first showed up, but I have lost the faith in the guy.

InChiefsHeaven
09-20-2008, 10:47 AM
5'9" 180' it would be awesome to see him get flattened but some 300 lb tackle.

HAH! That's where you are wrong! The tackle would be shocked and frankly a little frightened or flat out terrified...it's all about the surprise...it's the last thing they'll expect...

...Genious, I tell you! GENIOUS!!/CP spelling...

el borracho
09-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I guess this makes it that much easier to spend one of our top two picks on a DE next year.