PDA

View Full Version : Football Glazer: KC called Cleveland regarding Quinn.

BigVE
09-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Just reported it on FOX NFL Sunday...NO LINK. Hmmmm.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Hmm...and cleveland said hell no probably....

Lets hope Derek Anderson starts to do something, and i wouldn't trade our 1st for Quinn

Brock
09-21-2008, 10:24 AM
And they probably laughed.

milkman
09-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Link?

Did he also report that Phil Savage laughed hysterically when Carl told him the reason for the call?

BigVE
Said the rebuffed them. Probably a low-ball offer anyways.

BigVE
Link?

Did he also report that Phil Savage laughed hysterically when Carl told him the reason for the call?

LINK? NO. It was live TV.

Spott
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe they were calling about Quinn Gray and called the wrong number.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd give our #1 overall for Quinn...

No doubt in my mind. I like him better than Stafford, and we won't have to pay him Tom Brady money.

Logistically speaking, it makes PERFECT sense. He'll have learned the ropes for two years, and he's being paid as a late 1st round pick, rather than an elite QB (like we'd have to pay if we took one #1 overall)...

I'd give our 1st and 4th without flinching.

BigChiefFan
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM

No doubt in my mind. I like him better than Stafford, and we won't have to pay him Tom Brady money.

Logistically speaking, it makes PERFECT sense. He'll have learned the ropes for two years, and he's being paid as a late 1st round pick, rather than an elite QB (like we'd have to pay if we took one #1 overall)...

I'd give our 1st and 4th without flinching. We can most likely get a BETTER QB with our number one overall pick next year. We need to ride out this season with what we have.

Buck
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Cleveland would be smart to take your #1 pick, plus lets say a #5. Chances are its going to be a really low pick.

banyon
09-21-2008, 10:30 AM
whoa

Rausch

It'd be the first time we ever traded for a b/u with POTENTIAL...

FringeNC

I like him more now than I did coming out of college. Without him, ND has been awful. I'd make that trade, but Cleveland won't.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 10:31 AM

I agree with you.

They've made the investment for Anderson.

I think we'd have to give a 1 and a 3, but I'd do that.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Don't let Tribal Warfare see this.

His heart might explode.

ArrowheadHawk
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Since when is a late first round unproven QB worth two picks?

milkman
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Cleveland would be smart to take your #1 pick, plus lets say a #5. Chances are its going to be a really low pick.

Don't be shy, just say it.

We are going to get that #1 overall.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree with you.

They've made the investment for Anderson.

I think we'd have to give a 1 and a 3, but I'd do that.

Exactly.

We get a top notch QB potentially, but we're paying him like a #21 overall pick, rather than a #1 overall pick. Matt Ryan makes more than Tom Brady.

We're not getting Quinn for anything less than what the Vikings paid for Jared Allen.

A high 1st and a 3rd for Quinn makes sense for this franchise.

Marcellus
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM

Me too. I would jump on that like a fat chick on a donut.

BigVE
09-21-2008, 10:35 AM

Not normally but if you think about it in terms of MONEY think about this: IF we get the number one pick next year and pick up, say, Stafford from UGA how much money will HE be making? Dollar for dollar I would take Quinn.

Hootie

Everyone knows Brady Quinn was a top 5 pick that fell...

Would you take Aaron Rodgers for our 1st next season?

Exactly.

BigChiefFan
We are most likely giving up a top five pick for a player who has just as many question marks as a rookie and he's older-no thanks.

kcxiv
I like Quinn, but i wouldnt give a first rounder. Not when the Chiefs can potentially pick number 1 in the draft. A 2 and a 5 maybe.

banyon
09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, see if they'll take LJ and a #2.

Cosmos
With Dick Curl on board, there is no hope for the future.

Hootie
Not normally but if you think about it in terms of MONEY think about this: IF we get the number one pick next year and pick up, say, Stafford from UGA how much money will HE be making? Dollar for dollar I would take Quinn.

Only because from a potential standpoint, they are both very similar.

Except Stafford will get $40M guaranteed.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm not sold on getting rid of a top 5 pick, now if it was in the 13-20 range sure, but we all know we arent going to win more than 4 games. I won't bitch if we trade for Quinn though

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:37 AM
We are most likely getting up a top five pick for a player who has just as many question marks as a rookie and he's older-no thanks.

older?! Haha. He's what, 25??

Yeah, we'll get a top pick and if we use it on a QB we're going to commit $40M guaranteed...

I'll take Quinn and his 5 year, $9M contract and potential to be a franchise QB over our #1 overall and a 3rd round pick.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah, see if they'll take LJ and a #2.

There is no difference between LJ and Jamal Lewis...other than the fact Jamal Lewis might be better.

milkman
09-21-2008, 10:38 AM

The great thing is that Quinn has received some actual NFL coaching for two years already.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-21-2008, 10:39 AM
It doesn't matter who we bring in as a QB as long as Herm and Dick Curl are here.

How hard is it to hand off up the middle twice, throw a swing pass and go sit on the bench as the punter trots out onto the field?

kcxiv
09-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Leave it up to Hootie for something crazy.

BigChiefFan
09-21-2008, 10:40 AM

Yeah, we'll get a top pick and if we use it on a QB we're going to commit $40M guaranteed...

I'll take Quinn and his 5 year, $9M contract and potential to be a franchise QB over our #1 overall and a 3rd round pick.We could have Sam Bradford and a quality RG instead. You don't rebuild giving up draft picks for a 25 year old QB with just as many question marks as a rookie, IMO, especially behind this O-Line.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:40 AM
What does this franchise need more than anything? A QB.

If we land the #1 overall (which is likely), who will we draft? Probably Stafford.

Do you guys really like Stafford ($40M guaranteed) more than Quinn (5 years, $9M)...?

Not me. They have similar potential if you ask me. Quinn has learned what life is like in the NFL for two years and is a hell of a QB...I'd be ecstatic if we got him for a 1st and a 2nd...

He is the most logic piece for this franchise...nothing makes more sense than doing anything possible to acquire Brady Quinn.

ArrowheadHawk
09-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I just don't see see it no way is quin worth a number one pick to a rebuilding franchise.

banyon
There is no difference between LJ and Jamal Lewis...other than the fact Jamal Lewis might be better.

I was thinking LJ was younger than Jamal, but he's really not. I forgot how early Jamal came out from Tennessee.

Of course LJ does have less wear on the tire and has not been to federal prison, so there are some differences for you.

The Bad Guy
The Browns aren't giving this guy up for less than they paid.

They gave up a #1 to get him.

If you want him, you have to go above that 1.

Just so I'm clear, do all the anti-Quinn people want to spend that #1 that they wouldn't spend on Quinn on a QB?

kcxiv
I rather have Rey Mualuaga.

Hootie
We could have Sam Bradford and a quality RG instead. You don't rebuild giving up draft picks for a 25 year old QB with just as many question marks as a rookie, IMO, especially behind this O-Line.

We could pay a QB like Tom Brady that has the same potential as Brady Quinn and hold on to that 3rd round pick and draft Brad Cottam.

Yaaay.

kcxiv
09-21-2008, 10:42 AM

Just so I'm clear, do all the anti-Quinn people want to spend that #1 that they wouldn't spend on Quinn on a QB?

The thing is they will. If Derrick Anderson is a stud. They will want to get something from Quinn. Why would they have their number 1 pick just sit there and rott? in the end it hurts them more then anything else.

Skip Towne
09-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Letting Dick Curl coach a top flight QB is like letting Hootie work on your Maserati.

ArrowheadHawk
Just so I'm clear, do all the anti-Quinn people want to spend that #1 that they wouldn't spend on Quinn on a QB?Yes, either this or we could trade back up into the first to get a QB about the spot where Quin or Rodgers dropped to.

banyon

I understand that they want a #1, but not THE #1, which is probably what we'll have. Maybe we need to package some of our other picks or players and get a mid 1st rounder to trade.

Hootie
I just don't see see it no way is quin worth a number one pick to a rebuilding franchise.

I only agree if our rebuilding franchise doesn't plan on drafting a QB with our top 5 pick.

If we take Oher, I'm fine with passing on Quinn and taking a QB in 2009.

If we take Stafford, or Bradford, or Sanchez or whoever in the top 5...and pay them like Tom Brady...if we had a CHANCE at Quinn and passed because we wanted one of these guys instead I won't be happy.

BigChiefFan
What does this franchise need more than anything? A QB.

If we land the #1 overall (which is likely), who will we draft? Probably Stafford.

Do you guys really like Stafford ($40M guaranteed) more than Quinn (5 years, $9M)...?

Not me. They have similar potential if you ask me. Quinn has learned what life is like in the NFL for two years and is a hell of a QB...I'd be ecstatic if we got him for a 1st and a 2nd...

He is the most logic piece for this franchise...nothing makes more sense than doing anything possible to acquire Brady Quinn.
I'm not sold that Stafford will be the first QB taken next year.

The Bad Guy

Because he's a young QB under an inexpensive rookie contract?

Brady Quinn is only 24 years old.

I forgot though, everyone we are rebuilding with must be a rookie to have success.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:44 AM
The thing is they will. If Derrick Anderson is a stud. They will want to get something from Quinn. Why would they have their number 1 pick just sit there and rott? in the end it hurts them more then anything else.

Let's pray to God that Derek Anderson works out...because if the Browns start out 0-4, we can kiss our Brady Quinn dream goodbye.

ClevelandBronco
I'd be very surprised if Cleveland takes anything less than the equivalent of the Chiefs' first round pick for Quinn.

That may be a second rounder and a player or two, but I really don't think the Chiefs have any players to offer that the Browns — or anyone else — would be interested in.

Hey, how 'bout that Sippio! guy? Is he still available? I've read here that he's the next coming of Jerry Rice or something.

Hootie
I'm not sold that Stafford will be the first QB taken next year.

Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez...whatever.

I'd rather have Quinn, his experience, his contract over any of those three...regardless of how BIG their arms (most overrated aspect of a QB) might be.

Rausch
09-21-2008, 10:46 AM

I'll take Quinn and his 5 year, $9M contract and potential to be a franchise QB over our #1 overall and a 3rd round pick.

Yeah.

I don't like giving away a top 5 pick though.

Perhaps some way to swap picks.

JuicesFlowing
We have 2 QB's going into ATL. Our 3rd stringer Ingle Martin isn't even on the active roster. That's all I need to know about our QB situation. Maybe they can hike it to LJ every single play.

Hootie
People aren't looking at this the right way.

If you're on the 'I want the top 5 pick because I want a LT, MLB, WR, blah blah blah playmaker', I'm ok with that.

But if we're keeping a top 5 pick because you want a QB...you're on crack if you wouldn't trade that for Quinn. He makes way more sense than drafting a QB that high next year.

ClevelandBronco
The great thing is that Quinn has received some actual NFL coaching for two years already.

You overestimate "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo?" and his staff.

kcxiv
I'd be very surprised if Cleveland takes anything less than the equivalent of the Chiefs' first round pick for Quinn.

That may be a second rounder and a player or two, but I really don't think the Chiefs have any players to offer that the Browns — or anyone else — would be interested in.

Hey, how 'bout that Sippio! guy? Is he still available? I've read here that he's the next coming of Jerry Rice or something.

Dont be a tard. No one thought sippio was Rice. People just wanted him to succeed becuase he was a good story. Chapter closed though.

There is no point in having a first rounder sit back up while you can get something decent for him. ANderson is young, its not like Rodgers in Green Bay.

beach tribe
We could pay a QB like Tom Brady that has the same potential as Brady Quinn and hold on to that 3rd round pick and draft Brad Cottam.

Yaaay.

This does make alot of sense. If we pick a QB top 3 this year, were gonna have to pay him way more than quinn, and I think Quinn is the better prospect, and has had time to catch up to the game. Its like hes been sitting on our bench waiting to come in, and if we could pick up a lineman or two, quinn to bowe could go into effect.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah.

I guess I fail to see the difference in "giving away" a pick for a QB, or drafting one in the top 5.

The cap savings would be about 40 million.

Hootie
Yeah.

I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of paying a QB like Tom Brady when he's never played an NFL down.

Give me Quinn and his $9M contract. You can have our #1.

milkman
I rather have Rey Mualuaga.

Nobody likes Maualuga more than me, but this is now, more than ever, a QB driven league.

I'd trade for Quinn and hope that Brandon Spikes declares and is sitting there at the top of the second.

Even without Spikes, I'm trading for Quinn.

Mr. Laz
i'd trade for Quinn ..... BUT NOT our 1st rounder

you don't trade the 1st pick of the draft for Brady Quinn :eek:

ChiefsFanatic
09-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Because he's a young QB under an inexpensive rookie contract?

Brady Quinn is only 24 years old.

I forgot though, everyone we are rebuilding with must be a rookie to have success.

I am sick of some of the local radio stations because they keep slipping, and calling Croyle a rookie.

ArrowheadHawk
Unfortunately for us all we don't get to make this call. Carl will make this call so bet your ass it will be the wrong decision.

kcxiv
Let's pray to God that Derek Anderson works out...because if the Browns start out 0-4, we can kiss our Brady Quinn dream goodbye.

Yep, but drafting a middle linebacker like Rey would be a thing of beauty for this team. He has a lower chance to be a bust as compared to a QB. This team needs that defense turned around. No more ****ing Pat Thomas. lol

Hootie
Here's the thing...

We trade our #1 for Quinn...Quinn flops...it doesn't set us back 5 years because the cap implications won't be shit.

We take a QB #1, he flops, we're *****ed for at least 5 years.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I'd rather have Quinn, his experience...

His experience.

Okay.

I must have missed all that NFL experience that Quinn has.

Hootie

Then you're not getting Quinn.

Would you trade our 1st rounder for Aaron Rodgers?

Seriously. We need nothing more than a QB and Brady Quinn was supposed to go #3 overall to the Browns that year...the fact they landed Joe Thomas AND Brady Quinn is still unbelievable to me...

milkman
You overestimate "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo?" and his staff.

No.

I just think that Herman ****ing Edwards and his staff make Crennell and his staff look like Bill walsh and the 9er staff by comparison.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
His experience.

Okay.

He has two years. Two years of learning how to be an NFL player.

Did wonders for Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers.

ArrowheadHawk

And Alex Smith?

ClevelandBronco
Here's the thing...

We trade our #1 for Quinn...Quinn flops...it doesn't set us back 5 years because the cap implications won't be shit.

Actually, that's a pretty good guess as to how this whole thing goes down.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:51 AM
No.

I just think that Herman ****ing Edwards and his staff make Crennell and his staff look like Bill walsh and the 9er staff by comparison.

You must have missed the Browns game the other week when they kicked a field goal in the fourth to keep it a three score game.

Shag
His experience.

Okay.

He does have more NFL experience than any QB KC would draft...

milkman
Yep, but drafting a middle linebacker like Rey would be a thing of beauty for this team. He has a lower chance to be a bust as compared to a QB. This team needs that defense turned around. No more ****ing Pat Thomas. lol

And this offense doen't need to be turned around?

Mr. Laz
Here's the thing...

this is a good point

Hootie
And Alex Smith?

Alex Smith was thrown into the fire right away and threw 1 TD pass and 11 INT's his rookie year.

I don't understand the correlation.

kcxiv
09-21-2008, 10:52 AM
And this offense doen't need to be turned around?

Sure it does. So does the defense. I rather have a great defense and a average or even a little below average offense, over a good offense and a ok defense. WE have had a bad defense for so long that i rather that side of the ball get fixed first.

ILChief
09-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Good. I'd love to have Quinn. If Cleveland doesn't want to deal, we should call Arizona about Leinart

kcxiv
09-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I dont mind if they try to sign Smith next year, but do NOT hand him a starting spot.

ArrowheadHawk
Alex Smith was thrown into the fire right away and threw 1 TD pass and 11 INT's his rookie year.

I don't understand the correlation.
He does have three years of nfl experience. Lot of good that does him.

beach tribe

Youre dead on, on this. Its the right move.

We´ll still be picking right at the top of the 2nd.

Mr. Laz
btw .... don't give up on this Quinn thing yet

Anderson hasn't shown Cleveland enough yet, but look who they have play so far this season

Dallas
Pittsburgh

two of the toughest teams in the league with 2 very physical defenses.

it's not like Anderson looked crappy against the Faiders or something

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:54 AM
this is a good point

which is why, regardless of how much we like Sam Bradford more than Brady Quinn, Quinn makes the most sense for this franchise.

I don't think Quinn is going to be the next Peyton Manning, but I think he can be a winning QB.

We save SO much money with Quinn...we can do so many more things...and when we're ready to compete we'll have the ability to sign anyone for anything.

beach tribe
09-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Good. I'd love to have Quinn. If Cleveland doesn't want to deal, we should call Arizona about Leinart

Yeah, and offer them a 4th.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:55 AM
He does have three years of nfl experience. Lot of good that does him.
well you totally missed my point...go figure.

1ChiefsDan
Unfortunately for us all we don't get to make this call. Carl will make this call so bet your ass it will be the wrong decision.
Regardless of what side of the discussion you are on - this is probably the best statement in this thread.

Hootie
I think this is a moot point, though.

I see Quinn as the starter in Cleveland sooner rather than later.

We can give a 3rd for Derek Anderson!!

ArrowheadHawk
09-21-2008, 10:56 AM
well you totally missed my point...go figure.
How do you know that Quin wouldn't perform like Smith? You don't your betting a first round pick on a player that is not good enough to start on his own team.

DT58HOF
09-21-2008, 10:57 AM

why not if Brady Quinn would of come out after the 2005 season he would of been the number 1 pick, and if we trade for him now, we wont have a high pick anyways because we will win some football games, he is a proven winner and at a cheap Salary as well, READ MY LIPS
THERE IS NO QB IN THE DRAFT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BRADY QUINN (FUTURE HALL OF FAMER)

beach tribe
09-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I think this is a moot point, though.

I see Quinn as the starter in Cleveland sooner rather than later.

We can give a 3rd for Derek Anderson!!

Like i said, Anderson will be our Brees.

beach tribe
09-21-2008, 10:58 AM
How do you know that Quin wouldn't perform like Smith? You don't your betting a first round pick on a player that is not good enough to start on his own team.

Brady would have gotten his shot, had anderson not come in, and light it up.

You just cant bench a guy playing like that.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Dont be a tard. No one thought sippio was Rice. People just wanted him to succeed becuase he was a good story. Chapter closed though.

There is no point in having a first rounder sit back up while you can get something decent for him. ANderson is young, its not like Rodgers in Green Bay.

Don't be a tard. It's obviously a joke, as was Sippio!.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
My point was...

Rivers and Rodgers didn't sniff the field.

Smith was thrown right into the fire on a horrible team and it ruined his career.

Do I know Quinn will be great? Absolutely not. He could be WORSE than Smith. He could be the worst QB of all time.

But for this franchise, giving up a 1st for Quinn makes nothing but sense.

MIAdragon
09-21-2008, 11:01 AM
You must have missed the Browns game the other week when they kicked a field goal in the fourth to keep it a three score game.

LoL what a Herm call that was.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 11:01 AM
He does have more NFL experience than any QB KC would draft...

Hmm. Maybe that makes him worth more than your top five pick.

RealSNR
09-21-2008, 11:03 AM
What if we swap 1st rounders with Cleveland and give them a 2nd rounder for Quinn?

RNR
09-21-2008, 11:03 AM
What has he done to make some of you guys willing to give what will most likely be a top 5 or higher pick+ for him? I am not trying to flame I just am wondering. I understand the cap part as I don't even want to know what Oakland paid per yard last week for all 57 yards they got from their high dollar QB. Quinn was passed over by teams needing a QB he has done nothing but get beat out and seems to be nothing more than a "name". NFL GMs seemed to be rather unimpreesed with him and he has done nothing to prove them wrong IMO. As far as the cap slot issue KC could trade out of that pick picking up players and draft picks.

dj56dt58
09-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I like Quinn, but i wouldnt give a first rounder. Not when the Chiefs can potentially pick number 1 in the draft. A 2 and a 5 maybe.

I dont get it..Quinn already has some experience and would prbably be good righ away ala Aaron Rodgers..You'd rather have draft a rookie who hasnt taken a snap in the NFL who we would end up paying more money for? Quinn in college was better than Stafford is imo

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 11:46 AM
I love some of you that would be so generous to part with a 2nd and a 5 for Quinn.

You are probably the same tards that think Brodie is the true answer.

DT58HOF
09-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I love some of you that would be so generous to part with a 2nd and a 5 for Quinn.

You are probably the same tards that think Brodie is the true answer.

wtf? a 2nd and a 5th? we cant get a good player in the first round let alone the 5th, so what does it matter?
i say trade the whole draft for quinn, we can't draft good players anyway!

aturnis
09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
wtf? a 2nd and a 5th? we cant get a good player in the first round let alone the 5th, so what does it matter?
i say trade the whole draft for quinn, we can't draft good players anyway!

Are you serious? Or just special?

aturnis
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone consider trading a pick away for Brian Brohm? It doesn't look like they'll need him, Rodgers is playing great.

evolve27
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone consider trading a pick away for Brian Brohm?

Every Sunday I think about it.

dj56dt58
09-21-2008, 12:37 PM

Rodgers wasn't good enough to start, neither was Brady..most quarterbacks dont start right away

Shag
09-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Anyone consider trading a pick away for Brian Brohm? It doesn't look like they'll need him, Rodgers is playing great.

I've wondered myself why this hasn't come up. Granted, he looked terrible in the preseason and is sitting 3rd on their depth chart, but I would think it should at least garner some consideration...

keg in kc
09-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Not sure how I'd feel about it. I really, really didn't like Quinn coming out and I thought the Browns did us a favor. But I'd rather acquire a young QB that's been groomed for a couple of years than draft one in '09. I'd like to see us winning games sometime before 2011.

Smed1065
09-21-2008, 12:40 PM

???

CosmicPal
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
You have to figure what must be going through Peterson's mind right now.

Only 2 things can happen here:

1. He makes the trade for Quinn, and Brady turns out to be a stud, franchise-saving QB, AND more importantly, saves Peterson his job in the final year of his contract.

or...

2. He makes the trade for Quinn, and Brady turns out to be a flop, thus setting the franchise back a few more years, and costs Peterson his job in his final year of his contract.

Frankie
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
QUINN= OVER-HYPED NOTRE DAME QB!

If the chiefs give the Browns a 1st for him (or even a high 2nd) I'll go postal. And I'm a peaceful man.

Brock
09-21-2008, 12:54 PM

If the chiefs give the Browns a 1st for him (or even a high 2nd) I'll go postal. And I'm a peaceful man.

But then, you're noted for thinking Brodie Croyle can play.

JuicesFlowing
09-21-2008, 01:07 PM
You have to figure what must be going through Peterson's mind right now.

Only 2 things can happen here:

1. He makes the trade for Quinn, and Brady turns out to be a stud, franchise-saving QB, AND more importantly, saves Peterson his job in the final year of his contract.

or...

2. He makes the trade for Quinn, and Brady turns out to be a flop, thus setting the franchise back a few more years, and costs Peterson his job in his final year of his contract.

His job is already in question, so what's to lose?

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 01:08 PM
What if we swap 1st rounders with Cleveland and give them a 2nd rounder for Quinn?

Trade firsts and give Cleveland Colquitt.

Chiefshrink
09-21-2008, 01:28 PM

precisely:shake:

PastorMikH
09-21-2008, 01:30 PM
oops, wrong thread

BigVE
09-21-2008, 01:31 PM

NOW we are talking CRAZY TALK! Colquitt is our MVP!!!

Chiefshrink
09-21-2008, 01:45 PM
What has he done to make some of you guys willing to give what will most likely be a top 5 or higher pick+ for him? I am not trying to flame I just am wondering. I understand the cap part as I don't even want to know what Oakland paid per yard last week for all 57 yards they got from their high dollar QB. Quinn was passed over by teams needing a QB he has done nothing but get beat out and seems to be nothing more than a "name". NFL GMs seemed to be rather unimpreesed with him and he has done nothing to prove them wrong IMO. As far as the cap slot issue KC could trade out of that pick picking up players and draft picks.

Now here is some common sense thinking.:thumb:

And let me add some more, I don't give a rat's ass if you have Brady,Manning,McNabb or Ryan back there QBing if you don't have the horses in front of you, every QB you have will end up on their ass and throwing INTS PERIOD.:grr:

Our trenches on both sides of the ball are NOT solidified!!:cuss: Do not trade away picks for an unproven and especially if you can't protect him.:grr:

I agree, trade out of the No1 spot if we can and acquire more picks!!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
09-21-2008, 01:48 PM
NOW we are talking CRAZY TALK! Colquitt is our MVP!!!

You are kidding, right????? He is the only defense we have right now. And not to mention potential Pro Bowler this year.:thumb:

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 02:05 PM

No offense, but your ability to indentify talent on this board is severely lacking.

If you think it's a bad idea, it probably isn't.

aturnis
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Rodgers wasn't good enough to start, neither was Brady..most quarterbacks dont start right away

Who says Rodgers wasn't good enough to start? It would be RETARDED to start him over Favre. Hell, it was retarded to trade Favre away this year.

aturnis
09-21-2008, 02:18 PM
No offense, but your ability to indentify talent on this board is severely lacking.

That's what you ALWAYS say!

Might be true.

Pitt Gorilla
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I would not give our first rounder for him. A third, yes. A second, I don't know.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I would not give our first rounder for him. A third, yes. A second, I don't know.

That's a good idea for the Browns.

Trade away a #1 to get him.

Ship him out for a 3rd 2 years later.

Frankie
09-21-2008, 02:25 PM
But then, you're noted for thinking Brodie Croyle can play.
"Thinking" does not mean being absolutely sure. If you don't know the diff, here's your chance to learn something. All I have insisted on was we should go ahead and give him this year to prove himself. That said, I still "think" he can play. His issue is durability. Not talent. And let's see if he will last out the year after he comes back.

Frankie
09-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Examples, please.

DomerNKC
09-21-2008, 02:27 PM
A second rounder perhaps, nothing else. Second of all, giving these idiots more picks is stupid. The last successful player they drafted they traded to minnesota. The answer is to clean house before more damage is done.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 02:29 PM

Exactly. The Browns will do no such thing.

Think bigger, guys.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Examples, please.

Brodie Croyle.

I don't care enough to dig through the archives to show more.

Mecca
09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Brodie Croyle.

If we wanted to develop a mid round QB it looks like that exception is Trent Edwards....

Rausch
09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I've changed my mind.

Save those picks for the next HC/GM to build a team.

They've had their 3 years, next...

Frankie
09-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Brodie Croyle.

Take away the injuries and Croyle and Quinn, basically have the same resume talent-wise. The difference is Quinn played for the "mighty" Notre Dame and got all the hype.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 02:40 PM
our best player?

Hootie
09-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Take away the injuries and Croyle and Quinn, basically have the same resume talent-wise. The difference is Quinn played for the "mighty" Notre Dame and got all the hype.

I don't think the scouts look at that Chief.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 02:41 PM
our best player?

Arguably your only player.

DT58HOF
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I Like Young Boys,You're just mad your not young enough.

wow?

FringeNC
09-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Give me a break. I'm not ready to completely give up on Croyle, but Quinn was battle-tested week in and week out. Quinn made Charlie Weis look like a genius. What have they done since Quinn left?

Sure-Oz
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Anderson has a TD pass so far, go cleveland, make Quinn expendable

Frankie
09-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Give me a break. I'm not ready to completely give up on Croyle, but Quinn was battle-tested week in and week out. Quinn made Charlie Weis look like a genius. What have they done since Quinn left?

What had they done WHILE he was there?

oaklandhater
09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
If we traded away our 1st pick for a QB who almost fell to the 2nd round just to save some $$$ this is the shit that is killing the chiefs we allways try to do shit different then other NFL teams.

we need to draft the best QB on board this April bite the bullet pay him his money and hope he works out if he doesn't cry me a river build a bridge and get over it thats the way the NFL WORKS...

Micjones
09-21-2008, 02:56 PM

I'd flinch at giving them a Top 5 pick AND a Fourth, but I'd definitely let that #1 fly.

I feel a lot better knowing that they at least called to inquire about Quinn.

Lord please help us get this done...

Pitt Gorilla
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM

I honestly don't care about the Browns' perspective. No way would I ship a top pick for him.

Micjones
09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
If we traded away our 1st pick for a QB who almost fell to the 2nd round just to save some $$$ this is the shit that is killing the chiefs we allways try to do shit different then other NFL teams.

There were another 10 picks after Quinn was taken.
He was in no danger of falling out of the First Round.
The Chiefs would've taken him if Cleveland had not.

Additionally after the initial 10 picks were off the board there really weren't many teams that needed to make such an investment on a QB.

I would absolutely trade away that #1.
That would save us a bunch of jack and we'd be getting a QB who has been a part of an NFL program for 2 years. As opposed to a complete unknown with no NFL experience.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 03:00 PM

Additionally after the initial 10 picks were off the board there really weren't many teams that needed to make such an investment on a QB.

That would save us a bunch of jack and we'd be getting a QB who has been a part of an NFL program for 2 years. As opposed to a complete unknown with no NFL experience.

That's it.

Chiefaholic
09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Let the season play out to see where everybody lands draft position wise. If/when we take the #1 spot, trade down, acquire more picks, THEN pull the trigger on a Quinn trade. We have too many damn holes to fill to trade away the #1 overall for a single player.

oaklandhater
09-21-2008, 03:06 PM

Chances are we will be TRADEING away the number one pick in the NFL what are you afraid of it?

He has been siting behind derek anderson he is geting paid shit money becuase he has less potential then any QB we take with the 1st round pick thats just the way the NFL works.

oaklandhater
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Let the season play out to see where everybody lands draft position wise. If/when we take the #1 spot, trade down, acquire more picks, THEN pull the trigger on a Quinn trade. We have too many damn holes to fill to trade away the #1 overall for a single player.

WE need to take the best QB on the board at 1 its time this organisation takes a shot a getting a franchise QB we so desperately need.

Gravedigger
09-21-2008, 03:13 PM
With Quarterbacks you could get the best or the worst. You see all these quarterbacks that we had the chance to get that are now just plowing ahead and everyone taking the success while we're stuck with our pick. Todd Blacklidge falls into this category, I say that we should do it because we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

TrickyNicky
09-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Quinn comes in and gets us to 7-9 in 3 years.

Carl: Perrrrrrrfect.

oaklandhater
09-21-2008, 03:15 PM
every other team is going to think we are BATshit insane if we give up the 1 pick in the nfl for a a mid-low 1st round qb who has done nothing in the NFL...

oaklandhater
09-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Quinn comes in and gets us to 7-9 in 3 years.

Carl: Perrrrrrrfect.

Better yet Quinn comes in and is less then avg it will go down has the most Boneheaded TRADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

Frankie
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
That's it.
Wow. A Cleveland fan encouraging this frenzy.

TrickyNicky
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm more afraid that if Carl trades for Quinn, he would keep his job.

blueballs
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
browns don't trade Quinn for draft picks
until they know he can't help them change the picking order
trade him now and just **** themselves out of a higher pick

FringeNC
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
every other team is going to think we are BATshit insane ...

Teams already think that -- Herm is our ****ing coach.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow. A Cleveland fan encouraging this frenzy.

He's a Bronco fan, genius.

Frankie
09-21-2008, 03:25 PM

WTF? RREASON?... In this frenzy of unreasonable lust for an unproven, over-hyped QB? I'm amazed.

Tribal Warfare

BINGO!

oaklandhater

you should be more afraid of the trade the 1st pick in the Draft for a benchwarmer the chiefs all rdy have too many worst we dont need worst trade in the history of the nfl to add to our resume.

MichaelH
I can't read 10 pages. They probably would laugh at the fact that Peterdick would offer a 7th rounder for him.

Sure-Oz
IF i were a cleveland fan i'd want a top 5 pick in return for Quinn easy

blueballs
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Chiefs today pick #1 over all
with Quinn it could fall as far as 5th or 6th

oaklandhater
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
IF i were a cleveland fan i'd want a top 5 pick in return for Quinn easy

WTF they should feel lucky if they get what they gave for him which is a low 1st round pick our 2nd + a 4th or 5th would be borderline overpaying for a benchwarmer.

Frankie
09-21-2008, 03:29 PM
He's a Bronco fan, genius.

I know that. But I'm sure he is a Cleveland fan as well being a resident there. My bad though. I stand corrected.

Wow. A Bronco fan encouraging this frenzy over a bad idea for the Chiefs. Who'da thunk that?

The point stands. Now maybe you get it.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Anderson threw an INT for a TD, is 11-28 120 yards 1 td 2 ints

Brady is not going to get here

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Anderson isn't going to be starting in another month.

Brock
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
"Thinking" does not mean being absolutely sure. If you don't know the diff, here's your chance to learn something. All I have insisted on was we should go ahead and give him this year to prove himself. That said, I still "think" he can play. His issue is durability. Not talent. And let's see if he will last out the year after he comes back.

If you don't have durability, you can't play. Next.

Halfcan
09-21-2008, 05:20 PM
We should get the #1 pick the next two years if Hermy is still here. I doubt we win at all this year.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Anderson just threw his 3rd pick, its quinn time

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Anderson threw an INT for a TD, is 11-28 120 yards 1 td 2 ints

Brady is not going to get hereAnderson sucks. Alot of people around here wanted him. Granted, he's better than we have now, but if he cannot perform behind that line, imagine how horrible he'd be behind ours. I bet Brady starts next week, maybe not until after their bye, though.

chiefs1111
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Anderson sucks. Alot of people around here wanted him. Granted, he's better than we have now, but if he cannot perform behind that line, imagine how horrible he'd be behind ours. I bet Brady starts next week, maybe not until after their bye, though.

He sure turned into a flop pretty quick

Frankie
09-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Anderson just threw his 3rd pick, its quinn time

Maybe we can get Anderson cheap. :hmmm:

Frankie
09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Anderson sucks. Alot of people around here wanted him. Granted, he's better than we have now, but if he cannot perform behind that line, imagine how horrible he'd be behind ours. I bet Brady starts next week, maybe not until after their bye, though.

Maybe we can get Anderson even cheaper. :hmmm:

Frankie
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
He sure turned into a flop pretty quick

That's the case with flashes in the pan more often than not.

blueballs
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
The best QBs in the league were chosen
while in panic mode

DomerNKC
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Take away the injuries and Croyle and Quinn, basically have the same resume talent-wise. The difference is Quinn played for the "mighty" Notre Dame and got all the hype.That and the fact that Quinn is bigger, stronger, faster, more durable and smarter. Pretty much the same guy. Lord knows if Brady is a better NFL Quarterback or not. Sour grapes much Frankie.

Valiant
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Because Quinn would agree to be traded without a new contract??

Toad
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Me too. I would jump on that like a fat chick on a donut.

You'd jump on a fat chick on a donut? Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Just trying to bring a little humer in.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
You'd jump on a fat chick on a donut? Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Just trying to bring a little humer in.

LMAO Mission accomplished.

DT58HOF
09-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Im serious let Brock QB the Chiefs next week!!

boogblaster
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
The QB spot on this roster is vanillia creme ....

Shaid
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
No QB will survive behind this line. If we end up with the #1 pick, take Oher and move Albert to the Right side. You've got bookend tackles for the next 10 years. Then take a quality QB at the top of round 2. If we end up lower than the top pick, see who's available and if a good QB is there with the proper value, take him. If not, get a great MLB or DE or trade down a few spots. QB in Round 1 is not an absolute because we have other needs as well. Brady Quinn is not worth a #1 overall pick. Hell, they can give us Brady Quinn and their #1 or #2 pick for our #1 overall pick.

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Because Quinn would agree to be traded without a new contract??

...yes?

blueballs
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
The next GM will have to get a DV type coach
who brings in a QB with him
just not giving up picks for both the coach and QB

Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
No QB will survive behind this line. If we end up with the #1 pick, take Oher and move Albert to the Right side. You've got bookend tackles for the next 10 years. Then take a quality QB at the top of round 2. If we end up lower than the top pick, see who's available and if a good QB is there with the proper value, take him. If not, get a great MLB or DE or trade down a few spots. QB in Round 1 is not an absolute because we have other needs as well. Brady Quinn is not worth a #1 overall pick. Hell, they can give us Brady Quinn and their #1 or #2 pick for our #1 overall pick.

If we take Oher I think we move Albert to LG and Waters to C or RG...preferably C.