PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Well, I hope this confirms Thigpen is not the answer at QB

ILChief
09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
WE NEED A FUGGIN QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not some washed up journeyman career backup and not some 6th round/practice squad castoff.

I want a legit, first round QB

dshyne101
09-21-2008, 12:29 PM
We suck bad i hope LJ Tony And Bowe Give Herm and Carl the business after 2days loss

PhillyChiefFan
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I hope they have someone that calls some people out after this. I was expecting to loose this year, but now I am just embarrassed. They have a total of 25 pts in 3 games (as of half).

I am hoping to at least win 1 right now. We could win the next 6 Super Bowls in a row and still be 'the team that went 0-16'.

Swazey
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
This was confirmed long ago... :doh!:

JuicesFlowing
09-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Pigpen is atrocious. The way our D played the first 3 series, we could have been ahead at least 10-14 pts with a good QB. I hate #4 ... he needs to go ***** skeletons.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Thigpen looked better in the 2nd half

in a real offense with real coaching he might be ok

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Cutler envy.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Thigpen looked better in the 2nd half

in a real offense with real coaching he might be ok

Zero accuracy.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Zero accuracy.

his accuracy is much,much better when he steps into the throw correctly.

when he rushes it ... it turns to crap

but that goes from most quarterbacks, if they lose their footwork they lose their accuracy.

chiefs1111
09-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Time for Ingle Martin.... just kidding

The Bad Guy
09-21-2008, 02:15 PM
his accuracy is much,much better when he steps into the throw correctly.

when he rushes it ... it turns to crap

but that goes from most quarterbacks, if they lose their footwork they lose their accuracy.

The throws he completed today were pretty standard NFL throws.

If he couldn't hit those, he isn't even qualified to hold a clipboard.

Bane
09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Think about it like this,the franchise QB usually is drafted ahead of the rest of the puzzle to give him time to mature.By time we develope a franchise QB what little talent we have put together already will be gone through free angency or begging to be traded like Jarred Allen.Face it our talent scouts and front office have failed miserably year after year and a total house cleaning is the only hope for this team.Look back at all the bums we drafted ahead of guys that were deemed later round guys,and they turned into pro bowlers ad franchise players.This team isnt the problem its the turds puting them all together.

triple
09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
he is a developmental guy who was a longshot anyway. putting him in with a bad offense and no wonder he doesn't succeed.

he did look better in the second half but he's not accurate enough for the NFL.

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I was listening to the first quarter. Every pass he threw was interceptable, according to Mitch and Lenny.

I don't know. It's over for TG, he knows it too. I wonder if he regrets signing, or figures it is what it is.

I heard that LJ got over 100 yards today, that sounds good...he had like 10 yards total when I stopped listening to the game.

Micjones
09-21-2008, 02:46 PM
This is humiliating to watch this team tank games all to evaluate a former 217th overall pick.

It won't be long before Herman Edwards has lost this team completely.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2008, 02:49 PM

:grovel: Please let this happen, nothing would make me more happy than to see the players turn on Herm...

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
This is humiliating to watch this team tank games all to evaluate a former 217th overall pick.

I think he already has. I think they've all bought into "rebuilding" and don't even expect to win when they hit the field.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2008, 02:52 PM
I think he already has. I think they've all bought into "rebuilding" and don't even expect to win when they hit the field.

That really doesn't make any sense, but I think you're all picking up what I'm laying down.

triple
09-21-2008, 02:53 PM
the best we can hope for is really that the whole team quits on herm and hunt decides its time to clean house

Micjones
09-21-2008, 02:54 PM

Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, and Brian Waters should all refuse to play on Sunday.
:D

Reerun_KC
09-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, and Brian Waters should all refuse to play on Sunday.
:D
ROFL

kcfanXIII
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Cutler envy.

i think its victory envy at this point.

Big Chief Homer
09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
By the look on the faces of Lj,Tony and Turk at the end of the game.He has already lost this team.

0-16 here we come

Micjones
09-21-2008, 03:03 PM
By the look on the faces of Lj,Tony and Turk at the end of the game.He has already lost this team.

0-16 here we come

LJ was absolutely disgusted.

Herman Edwards can't keep selling this team magic beans.
At some point he has to at the very least give them a chance to win a game.
He's not fooling anyone with this Tyler Thigpen experiment.

Flustrated
09-21-2008, 03:16 PM
You could put Joe Montana on this team during the prime of his career and Herm would **** him up too. I don't blame Thigpen, Brodie, or Huard. Herm could **** up a wet dream, and that's all I got to say about that.

el borracho
09-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I hate to break up a good Herm-bashing but today's game really didn't bother me. While Tyler probably isn't the answer, he at least has a (one-in-a-million) chance, unlike Marques Hagans and the option.

Has Thigpen sucked so far?- absolutely.
Was there a better option at QB?- for today, yes: Huard; looking ahead to next year and beyond, no.
Was our offense good enough today?-no, absolutely not.
Was our offensive playcalling better today?-yes, we were much more dynamic than we were in the first two games.
Any reason to hope for this year?- no, this year is lost but I do hold out hope that Croyle can string together four healthy quarters sometime and keep us out of the record books and then we can draft our QBOTF in the 1st or 2nd next year.

Herm absolutely needs to go but I don't have any real complaints from today's game.

KCwolf
09-21-2008, 03:20 PM
You could put Joe Montana on this team during the prime of his career and Herm would **** him up too. I don't blame Thigpen, Brodie, or Huard. Herm could **** up a wet dream, and that's all I got to say about that.

Kinda sums it up ..... and I truly feel Matt Ryan would not be where he's at with Herm..... bad situation we got here in KC

Mr. Laz
10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Zero accuracy.

NOT!!!!!!!

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd keep starting Thig until he gets hurt, or stinks in a game. Draft a QB and let 'em compete.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Zero accuracy.Today, this could not be more wrong...

Pablo
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I'd keep starting Thig until he gets hurt, or stinks in a game. Draft a QB and let 'em compete.Sure. He can keep starting until we draft a real QB in the 1st round next year.

PastorMikH
10-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I haven't gotten to see the game, but from what I hear, it sounds like Thiggy played better than any QB since Green/DV left.

If he comes out in the second half and plays likewise, then plays like this or better the rest of the season, I'd definately consider him for next year's starter.

I'd still look for a QB in the draft, but seriously, if Thiggy could play like he has so far with some consistency the rest of the season, we won't be picking in the top 5.

PastorMikH
10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd keep starting Thig until he gets hurt, or stinks in a game. Draft a QB and let 'em compete.

If he put several good games together, I'd start him after stinking one game just to see if he can bounce back.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
If he put several good games together, I'd start him after stinking one game just to see if he can bounce back.
yep

whoman69
10-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Zero accuracy.

??????

26-35. There were at two interference calls not made that should have been.