PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink NFT - Anthony's

Dayze
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
anyone ever been to Anthony's italian joint downtown?

Went there for the first time on Friday night;

Wow; great food; very reasonable prices, and AMAZING service.
Had a "crooner" wandering around with a drink singing Sinatra etc. For a while i thought it was a CD; he was very good.

our waiter was unreal. Bartender was old school; 'regulars' walked in and a simple 'nod' by the patron and the bartender comensurated the order.

Had a great Goose martini served 'up'.

In some ways, I liked it better than Gorrozzo's. Small; intimate...dunno. Just something about it that I enjoyed very much. The next time our friends come in from out of town, this will be a spot. hell....we may just go again for the hell of it.

I encourage a visit.

KCUnited
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I eat there quite a bit. I definitely like it better than Gorrozzo's, plus the fresh spiedini at the Italian deli in the river market is better than Gorrozzo's.

Dayze
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I eat there quite a bit. I definitely like it better than Gorrozzo's, plus the fresh spiedini at the Italian deli in the river market is better than Gorrozzo's.

I was quite impressed. We attended a wake that day; and the singer etc; knew who my relatives were (one of the largest Italian families on the north end).

I dunno...it was just the perfect amount of service; quality; ambiance (sp)...
It was great.
We'll be back!

As good, or better, than Gorozzo's; better prices etc. Of course, Gorrozzo's vs Anthony's is splitting hairs. Can't go wrong either way.