View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Lose 12th Straight Game, 38-14

luv
09-21-2008, 08:24 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/793052.html

Chiefs Lose 12th Straight Game, 38-14

Getty By Nick Athan
Warpaint Illustrated Publisher
Posted Sep 21, 2008

The score of Sunday’s debacle in Atlanta is irrelevant, as this game was over in the second quarter. Actually, it was over in the first quarter, but that’s a moot point now. As the Chiefs return home from a thumping at the hands of the Falcons, it’s time to make some changes.

Before the game on Sunday, Fox Sports Jay Glazer reported what we had assumed all week - that the Chiefs were trying to secure a trade that would have sent a pair of 2009 draft picks to Cleveland for Browns backup quarterback Brady Quinn. Expect those talks to get hot and heavy in the next 24 hours despite the fact the Browns continue to lose like the Chiefs.

Quinn is the best option at quarterback for the Chiefs right now, and really the only one. Brodie Croyle will remain sidelined for what amounts to roughly eight weeks before he’s ready to practice and take any hits on his right shoulder.

Right now the heat from this 12-game losing streak is falling on Chiefs President and General Manager Carl Peterson. Nobody would blame him if he went wild and crazy and made some bold moves, but one thing is certain- he has to act now before Kansas City’s season goes completely south.

The 2008 Chiefs are plain bad. They have to make changes and team owner Clark Hunt has to make some choices. They won’t be easy ones, but this ship must be righted before the start of the 2010 season, when Arrowhead gets its extreme makeover.

The youth movement is still the right choice. It’s in full swing and Hunt has no choice but to stay the course and it should continue with the Chiefs trading their 2009 overall top pick to the Browns for Quinn. This organization won’t be able to draft anyone better, so why not get Quinn some seasoning now and prepare him for next season?

After the Chiefs make that move, they should give up their second overall pick next year for Anquan Boldin, who wants out of Arizona as bad as Larry Johnson wants out of Kansas City after 12 straight losses.

I’m not saying that anyone should give up on this season, but we need to be realistic. The Chiefs are void of talent at key positions. Besides the obvious hole at quarterback, this team needs another top-flight wide receiver to play opposite Dwayne Bowe. They need three starting linebackers, because that group is the key culprit right now in KC’s lacking run defense – they don’t cover their gaps and none of them tackle well.

The only one with any chance at sticking next year is Derrick Johnson, but he takes the wrong angles to ball carriers and just does not make enough plays for a fourth-year player who received high accolades coming out of college.

The other issue is along the offensive line. The right side is not good, with Adrian Jones and Damion McIntosh playing as poorly as any pair of linemen we’ve seen in KC the last three seasons.

Other than acquiring Quinn and Boldin, nothing can change the likely outcome that Kansas City isn’t going to win many games this year. I think as fans, we’ve all reached a point where the reality of the situation is inevitable. There will be blackouts this year and the fan morale is so low that only winning with added talent will raise spirits.

This is still my team, and I’ll live and die with them to the bitter end. But it’s time we all came to the same conclusion - someday this team will get better, but someday isn’t going to be this year.

Five to Forget

LB Pat Thomas - He just isn’t good enough. Thomas doesn’t have the instincts you need to play middle linebacker. Napoleon Harris is in the doghouse, but it’s time to see if has any bark left on the field.

K Nick Novak - Who will be the Chiefs new kicker? Novak’s kickoffs are weak and his chip shot miss on Sunday against Atlanta is a roster spot killer.

QB Tyler Thigpen - You can’t blame this loss on offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, who actually called his best game. Thigpen just doesn’t have that timing you need to be a consistent NFL quarterback. He’s not the answer. The Chiefs should start Ingle Martin Sunday against Denver. He can’t play any worse.

DE Tamba Hali - Where is he? For a first round draft pick, Hali has to step up and start sacking the quarterback. He’s supposed to be the answer at right defensive end but when he’s nowhere close to getting to rookie quarterback Matt Ryan in four quarters, that’s telling.

RB Jamaal Charles - He has to get more touches but also needs to catch the ball when it’s thrown to him. Two key drops on Sunday call into question his opportunity to be the heir apparent to Johnson. It’s only a matter of time before the backs are splitting duties, so Charles needs to step up soon.

Moobs
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow, didn't know Croyle would be out for that long.

luv
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192223

BigRock
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
The youth movement is still the right choice. It’s in full swing and Hunt has no choice but to stay the course and it should continue with the Chiefs trading their 2009 overall top pick to the Browns for Quinn. This organization won’t be able to draft anyone better, so why not get Quinn some seasoning now and prepare him for next season?

After the Chiefs make that move, they should give up their second overall pick next year for Anquan Boldin

Holy Christ.

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
So wait the Chiefs should trade the first pick for Quinn, WTF!

Dayze
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Holy Christ.

Moobs
Something tells me Athan was playing his Madden franchise last night and got an idea for an article.

TrickyNicky
Quinn and Boldin: A band-aid on a horrific stomach wound where our intestines are hanging out.

Give me a break. We'd be sacrificing three of our first four picks next year in order to have the same results. Take three steps backwards to take one step forward. How about no?

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry that would be monumentally stupid, seriously someone kill this guy.

Firstly it would take a 1 to get Boldin and trading a 1 for an unproven QB on a team that is probably about ready to start him their ownselves would be stupid.

Moobs
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Honestly, you guys are kind of fooked either way at the QB position.

Even if you did snatch up a potential franchise QB, Herm would put the shackles on him.

Skip Towne
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
So wait the Chiefs should trade the first pick for Quinn, WTF!

Relax. It's Nick Athan.

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM

Even if you did snatch up a potential franchise QB, Herm would put the shackles on him.

I seriously hope it's 0-16 so everyone gets fired and we can really start over.

the Talking Can
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
jesus **** athan is retarded....him and claythan must be in some kind of retard contest....

he just figured out that we won't be good this year?

Skip Towne
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/793052.html

Chiefs Lose 12th Straight Game, 38-14

Getty By Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan
Warpaint Illustrated Publisher
Posted Sep 21, 2008

The score of Sunday’s debacle in Atlanta is irrelevant, as this game was over in the second quarter. Actually, it was over in the first quarter, but that’s a moot point now. As the Chiefs return home from a thumping at the hands of the Falcons, it’s time to make some changes.

Before the game on Sunday, Fox Sports Jay Glazer reported what we had assumed all week - that the Chiefs were trying to secure a trade that would have sent a pair of 2009 draft picks to Cleveland for Browns backup quarterback Brady Quinn. Expect those talks to get hot and heavy in the next 24 hours despite the fact the Browns continue to lose like the Chiefs.

Quinn is the best option at quarterback for the Chiefs right now, and really the only one. Brodie Croyle will remain sidelined for what amounts to roughly eight weeks before he’s ready to practice and take any hits on his right shoulder.

Right now the heat from this 12-game losing streak is falling on Chiefs President and General Manager Carl Peterson. Nobody would blame him if he went wild and crazy and made some bold moves, but one thing is certain- he has to act now before Kansas City’s season goes completely south.

The 2008 Chiefs are plain bad. They have to make changes and team owner Clark Hunt has to make some choices. They won’t be easy ones, but this ship must be righted before the start of the 2010 season, when Arrowhead gets its extreme makeover.

After the Chiefs make that move, they should give up their second overall pick next year for Anquan Boldin, who wants out of Arizona as bad as Larry Johnson wants out of Kansas City after 12 straight losses.

I’m not saying that anyone should give up on this season, but we need to be realistic. The Chiefs are void of talent at key positions. Besides the obvious hole at quarterback, this team needs another top-flight wide receiver to play opposite Dwayne Bowe. They need three starting linebackers, because that group is the key culprit right now in KC’s lacking run defense – they don’t cover their gaps and none of them tackle well.

The only one with any chance at sticking next year is Derrick Johnson, but he takes the wrong angles to ball carriers and just does not make enough plays for a fourth-year player who received high accolades coming out of college.

The other issue is along the offensive line. The right side is not good, with Adrian Jones and Damion McIntosh playing as poorly as any pair of linemen we’ve seen in KC the last three seasons.

Other than acquiring Quinn and Boldin, nothing can change the likely outcome that Kansas City isn’t going to win many games this year. I think as fans, we’ve all reached a point where the reality of the situation is inevitable. There will be blackouts this year and the fan morale is so low that only winning with added talent will raise spirits.

This is still my team, and I’ll live and die with them to the bitter end. But it’s time we all came to the same conclusion - someday this team will get better, but someday isn’t going to be this year.

Five to Forget

LB Pat Thomas - He just isn’t good enough. Thomas doesn’t have the instincts you need to play middle linebacker. Napoleon Harris is in the doghouse, but it’s time to see if has any bark left on the field.

K Nick Novak - Who will be the Chiefs new kicker? Novak’s kickoffs are weak and his chip shot miss on Sunday against Atlanta is a roster spot killer.

QB Tyler Thigpen - You can’t blame this loss on offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, who actually called his best game. Thigpen just doesn’t have that timing you need to be a consistent NFL quarterback. He’s not the answer. The Chiefs should start Ingle Martin Sunday against Denver. He can’t play any worse.

DE Tamba Hali - Where is he? For a first round draft pick, Hali has to step up and start sacking the quarterback. He’s supposed to be the answer at right defensive end but when he’s nowhere close to getting to rookie quarterback Matt Ryan in four quarters, that’s telling.

RB Jamaal Charles - He has to get more touches but also needs to catch the ball when it’s thrown to him. Two key drops on Sunday call into question his opportunity to be the heir apparent to Johnson. It’s only a matter of time before the backs are splitting duties, so Charles needs to step up soon.

So Luv is now pimping WPI? The new Claythan?

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
jesus **** athan is retarded....him and claythan must be in some kind of retard contest....

he just figured out that we won't be good this year?

They are true fanning it up best they can trying to find any scenario possible to get 7 wins.

tk13
09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Well... yikes? I hope none of this actually happens. We could very well have the #1 overall pick, you telling me no one at #1 will be better than Quinn? It may not be a QB, but if we can't get a superstar caliber player at 1 (to fill one of the 724 holes on this team, drafting for value, not need) then we're screwed anyway.

Not to mention we might be giving Cleveland a 2nd top 10 pick. Then watch as they rebuild their team faster than us. And I guess it's a horrible idea to trade a top 5 pick for a QB we could've traded up for at 22/23... whatever it was. Sounds totally like a Chiefs move.

Then trading our 2nd for Boldin? I mean in theory that might be a good value move, but it's totally abandoning this whole "youth movement" idea in the first place. If you truly believe in what you're doing, you think you'll be able to draft someone of great value with that top 5 pick in the 2nd round.

kcpasco
09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I seriously hope it's 0-16 so everyone gets fired and we can really start over.

and if that happens and they still don't get canned its time to start putting this shit back onto the owner

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Arizona would laugh at this suggestion....they can get a 1st for him if they really desire to get rid of him

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Offensive line is key right now. Hell, we don't know jack about our recievers cuz our QB is running for his life all the time...I can't remember the last time I saw a 7 step drop and plenty of time...I'm pretty sure Trent was the QB though...

evolve27
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Quinn talks heating up over the next 24 hours? ROFL LMAO

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Offensive line is key right now. Hell, we don't know jack about our recievers cuz our QB is running for his life all the time...I can't remember the last time I saw a 7 step drop and plenty of time...I'm pretty sure Trent was the QB though...

I'm pretty sure all our QB's suck nads Ol or not.

kcpasco
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
dunno, i'd much rather draft a qb right now over a lineman

I'm sorry but i'm just tired of having never had a young franchise qb here in KC

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
dunno, i'd much rather draft a qb right now over a lineman

I'm sorry but i'm just tired of having never had a young franchise qb here in KC

You don't have to build an Oline of nothing but 1st rounders....look at this Dallas GB game, none of their guys were a 1st rounder used by their team, their all FA or mid round picks.

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow, didn't know Croyle would be out for that long.

8 Weeks???? What the hell happend to 3-4 weeks? I figured he'd be back after the bye???

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
8 Weeks???? What the hell happend to 3-4 weeks? I figured he'd be back after the bye???

He's made of glass that's what happened, someone touched him and his shoulder popped out again.

TrickyNicky
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Our QB's suck AND they have a maximum of 2 seconds in the pocket. The reason we have no 7 step drops is because we are in known passing downs. If we had ANY success running the ball early in the game, we could probably have a modicum of success with PA. That just hasn't been the case. Our O-line can't run-block and even in this pass-happy league, that's a killer.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Quinn talks heating up over the next 24 hours? ROFL LMAO

Yeah cleveland would be extremely stupid to trade him now

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Quinn will be starting after Cleveland's bye. Boldin is the same kind of receiver as Bowe. We need a vertical threat. If Croyle really is going to be out 8 weeks for that injury, he needs to ****ing die. What a toothpick-boned bitch.

kcpasco
09-21-2008, 08:50 PM
You don't have to build an Oline of nothing but 1st rounders....look at this Dallas GB game, none of their guys were a 1st rounder used by their team, their all FA or mid round picks.

I agree, but the way this franchise works we will probably build up a great offensive line again so the likes of wash ups like Huard can continue to throw wobbler INT's for many more years to come.

Otter
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Brodie Croyle will remain sidelined for what amounts to roughly eight weeks before he’s ready to practice and take any hits on his right shoulder.

He's gonna miss 1/2 the ****ing season from that hit?!?! WTF

Mecca
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
He's gonna miss 1/2 the ****ing season from that hit?!?! WTF

He's a pussy...no one better ever utter the phrase he's tough or he's not injury prone ever again.

BigRock
09-21-2008, 09:00 PM
He's a pussy...no one better ever utter the phrase he's tough or he's not injury prone ever again.

What the **** are you people listening to Athan for?

blueballs
09-21-2008, 09:00 PM
any fool who pays 99.95 for this delusional bullshit
needs to be neutered and keep out of the general population
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan should have been an astronaut -he can't keep his feet on the ground

Mecca
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
What the **** are you people listening to Athan for?

Consider the Chiefs haven't released how long he's out I won't be surprised...they acted like LJ was fine last year too...

Otter
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
One more thought - this team simply doesn't have the coaches to develop young talent. The failure to success rate in draft picks says it all.

kcpasco
09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Right now I'd trade Croyle for Guinness and an order of nachos

FAX
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Consider it uttered. I shall utter it in the morning. I shall utter it in the evening. I shall utter it from the rooftop right before I jump. While I'm at it, I challenge you to pop out your shoulder, Mr. Mecca, and let's see how many games you miss.

Besides, what are our choices, right now? Downfield? Thiggy? Dingle? Some other team's quarterback we'll have to trade half of next year's picks for after going to all this trouble to lose all our games in order to get high ones? Have you lost your mind? Rather than calling out Croyle, you should be praying that he gets it together, comes back, and lights it up. Any alternative before us at this point, is far worse.

FAX

Skip Towne
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Yep, no sense in getting a top flight QB as long as Herman the Vermin is here.