PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Questions on Brodie's shoulder

Zouk
09-21-2008, 11:15 PM
I learned the following from this website:

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/shouldersurgery/a/separation.htm

Separated shoulders are graded from 1-6

1 and 2 are by far the most common. With these injuries, recovery should be fairly quick. Eli Manning had a slight shoulder separation last year, and he didn't miss a single game.

4, 5, and 6 are very rare severe injuries that require surgery. Since we are 2 weeks after the injury and surgery still has not occurred, I think we can rule this case out.

So, then it's pretty clear that he has a Grade 3 separation. Alex Smith had the same exact injury to his throwing shoulder last year, and he returned 4 weeks later. So that means Croyle should return for the Week 5 Panthers game. Or to be safe they can rest him that game and let him come back after the Week 6 bye.

For those with medical backgrounds or experience with this injury - does this sound right? When Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan writes about 8 weeks, what can he be talking about?

SBK
09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Week 5 vs Panthers. McInpussy vs Julius Peppers.

ChiefsCountry
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Im thinking the Titans game. I had labrum tear which is worst than sepreated shoulder, I played the next week but I was a receiver didnt have to do the arm motion that a quarterback does. Mine was similar to what Chad Johnson had this preseason. 3 sounds about right. About any other position he would be back sooner but the throwing motion in the arm is very painful with a shoulder hurt.

BigRock
09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
So, then it's pretty clear that he has a Grade 3 separation. Alex Smith had the same exact injury to his throwing shoulder last year, and he returned 4 weeks later.

I don't think Alex Smith is the guy you want to guestimate anything by. He returned and his shoulder hadn't healed, so he went on IR around December so he could have surgery. And now he's on IR again because of the same shoulder.

Ebolapox
it was swoll.

Buehler445
Week 5 vs Panthers. McInpussy vs Julius Peppers.

Oh ****ing shit.

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2008, 11:53 PM
...Alex Smith had the same exact injury to his throwing shoulder last year...

Yes, but Alex Smith is an NFL quarterback, and so he is expected to throw as a condition of his job. I can't see how this would compare with Brodie Croyle's situation.

Ebolapox
09-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Yes, but Alex Smith is an NFL quarterback, and so he is expected to throw as a condition of his job. I can't see how this would compare with Brodie Croyle's situation.

heh. the funny thing is, I'm not 100% sure you couldn't consider croyle MORE of an nfl QB than alex smith. at least croyle came from a pro style offense and not gimmicky spread option (read: NO COLLEGE QB WHO COMES FROM THIS SYSTEM DOES ANYTHING IN THE NFL)

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2008, 12:02 AM
heh. the funny thing is, I'm not 100% sure you couldn't consider croyle MORE of an nfl QB than alex smith. at least croyle came from a pro style offense and not gimmicky spread option (read: NO COLLEGE QB WHO COMES FROM THIS SYSTEM DOES ANYTHING IN THE NFL)

You may have a point. I'll become more convinced when Mr. Croyle has won an actual NFL game.

Ebolapox
09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
You may have a point. I'll become more convinced when Mr. Croyle has won an actual NFL game.

I hear ya. unfortunately, he suffers from 'glass vaginitis.' very tragic, really.

OctoberFart
09-22-2008, 12:34 AM
http://smackdown.myrmid.com/smackdown/downloads/joe3.gif

Here's Brokey Frail.

Mecca
09-22-2008, 12:46 AM
See we can't use a comparison because no one else has bones that are made of paper mache.

Mecca
09-22-2008, 06:25 AM
I'd also like to add Roethlisberger is playing with a similar injury.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 07:12 AM

Do you remember that MNF game back in 2000 where Griese played the entire second half with the worst possible separation of his AC joint?

Zouk
09-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I think both Herm and Brodie need to realize that there are no careers left to protect if they don't get him on the field ASAP.

the Talking Can
09-22-2008, 08:37 AM

he played the next week after an "a/c separation" (?)....

aturnis
09-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Big Ben has a sprained shoulder, not separated. That's a pretty big difference.

King_Chief_Fan
09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
my guess is the little fraile one got something minor and Herm is still trying to protect him. It will be after the bye before we see him again. I bet 2 games later, bam, he is out again.

Mr. Kotter
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I learned the following from this website:

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/shouldersurgery/a/separation.htm

Separated shoulders are graded from 1-6

1 and 2 are by far the most common. With these injuries, recovery should be fairly quick. Eli Manning had a slight shoulder separation last year, and he didn't miss a single game.

4, 5, and 6 are very rare severe injuries that require surgery. Since we are 2 weeks after the injury and surgery still has not occurred, I think we can rule this case out.

So, then it's pretty clear that he has a Grade 3 separation. Alex Smith had the same exact injury to his throwing shoulder last year, and he returned 4 weeks later. So that means Croyle should return for the Week 5 Panthers game. Or to be safe they can rest him that game and let him come back after the Week 6 bye.

For those with medical backgrounds or experience with this injury - does this sound right? When Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan writes about 8 weeks, what can he be talking about?

That's precisely my take, from what we know (although I'm not in the medical field, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.)