PDA

View Full Version : Poop Serious question: Do you expect Herm and/or Carl to be back next season?

Saulbadguy
09-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Just wondering. I would not be surprised at all to see both back next season, and in fact, i'm counting on it.

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
I think even if we go 0-16 they both will be back :(

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 07:49 AM
in fact, i'm counting on it.

why are you counting on them comeing back you like pain....?

09-22-2008, 07:52 AM
My thoughts exactly.:cuss:

petegz28
09-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes both will be back cause Clark will not pony up the $'s to buy them out of their contracts.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2008, 07:55 AM

I dont think so. A team cant afford to slap its fanbase in the face like that.

Do you realize how many people wont renew their tickets if they did that??

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
My thoughts exactly.:cuss:

If herm had any balls at all he would resign midseason and leave KC with some dignity.

Duck Dog
09-22-2008, 07:56 AM
The Chiefs have never been an organization that throws their management or coaches into the fire. They'll be back.

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 07:58 AM

Do you realize how many homers there are in the KC fan base we can go 0-16 3 Seasons in a row and there still would be ppl on the CP saying Rebuilding GET OVER IT.

Bwana
09-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Honestly, it all depends if Clark grows a pair. As stated above, the lack of next years ticket sales and the future blackouts this year, may get the job done.

triple
09-22-2008, 08:00 AM
i expect them back next year. mostly.

but i wouldn't be surprised to see clark do something. he's not lamar, he's a younger guy who i think wants to be more of an owner than lamar was.

surely he can't look at the carl/herm era and think any progress has been made. they've gone from a marginal playoff team with a good veteran core who generally played decent football to the laughing stock of the league. a team that is at least 2 years out from a playoff appearance and that people are actually thinking can go 0-16.

there are no circumstances where a head coach and a GM should be retained here. there's no positive spin you can put on the carl and herm regime. there have been no advances during this entire three year period. if that isn't a case for firing i dont know what is.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Do you realize how many homers there are in the KC fan base we can go 0-16 3 Seasons in a row and there still would be ppl on the CP saying Rebuilding GET OVER IT.

I dont think so.

in 87-88 when we went back to back 4-12, Lamar finally made a move. Attendance finally dropped below an acceptable level. Those teams were better than this one.

Same thing will happen at the end of this year. I firmly believe change will occur if we only win 0-2 games.

triple
09-22-2008, 08:01 AM

i think you underestimate the number of rubes there are who can't bear to think they would lose their close-up seats to watch next year's trainwreck

BigRedChief
09-22-2008, 08:04 AM
yes, they are where until the end of the 2009 season, at the earliest.

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Honestly, it all depends if Clark grows a pair. As stated above, the lack of next years ticket sales and the future blackouts this year, may get the job done.

If Clark really wanted to get the fanbase back he would ask herm to resign before we go 0-6.

Molitoth
09-22-2008, 08:15 AM
They will be back. =(

dirk digler
09-22-2008, 08:28 AM
It depends. If they go 0-16, 1-15, 2-14 there is no way in hell they both can come back.

Chiefnj2
09-22-2008, 08:32 AM
My biggest fear is Clark naming a GM on the condition the GM will agree to give Herm another year.

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2008, 08:36 AM
If the Chiefs go 0-16 I think Herm will be fired. CP probably gone too.

dirk digler
09-22-2008, 08:39 AM
My biggest fear is Clark naming a GM on the condition the GM will agree to give Herm another year.

Yep. I could see Carl getting fired and Bill Kuharich being promoted to GM thus keeping Herm as the head coach.

the Talking Can
09-22-2008, 08:40 AM

yup

depresses the shit out of me

petegz28
09-22-2008, 08:42 AM
It depends. If they go 0-16, 1-15, 2-14 there is no way in hell they both can come back.

I'm tempted to make a bet with you on that. ;)

crazycoffey
09-22-2008, 08:46 AM
yes, I expect them to be back, I need them back and the chiefs to make a season out of it, so I can win a cigar and bourbon bet....

Bowser
09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
They'll both be back, regardless. They have the get out of jail free card - we have a young, rebuilding team.

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 08:49 AM
yup

depresses the shit out of me

You and me both let's hope herm resigns and does clark hunts job for him.

oaklandhater
09-22-2008, 08:52 AM
They'll both be back, regardless. They have the get out of jail free card - we have a young, rebuilding team.

only a shitty organisation would let a 0-16 1-15 coaching staff keep there job in there 3rd year

Bowser
09-22-2008, 08:55 AM
only a shitty organisation would let a 0-16 1-15 coaching staff keep there job in there 3rd year

I think we've all come to the conclusion that Carl is the owner defacto, with Clark just holding the title. I've just accepted the fact that Carl will be here as long as he wants, and the Chiefs will suffer for it.

Frazod
09-22-2008, 08:56 AM

I think (at least I hope) that will be nullified by a horrified Clark Hunt staring out across a 3/4 empty stadium.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
I hope Herm doesn't resign, because he deserves to have his ass fired. It should have happened in New York, and it damn sure needs to happen here.

InChiefsHeaven
09-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Carl will be gone before Herm...I just get the feeling that Carl has less get out of jail cards left than Herm does...

This rebuild should have started last year, instead it was delayed by CP...giving our veterans one extra year of nothingness before the honest re-build began, guaranteeing them at least 2 seasons of suckage before the team can get it's crap together. We're always a goddam day late and a dollar short with this team...and the constant link there is Carl Friggin' Peterson!!!

...oh, Herm should go too, but given the choice, bring me Carl's head on a platter...

Bugeater
09-22-2008, 09:09 AM
If the team doesn't show improvement at all this season I can't see how they can be retained. With that said, I'm sure we'll scum out a couple wins towards the end of the season and that will be spun as "we're making progress".

TinyEvel
09-22-2008, 09:17 AM
If winning 2 or less games meant both of them would be canned, I'd root for that, even if it means I lose my $50 bet.

Chief Faithful
09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
If they show progress and good potential I expect them both back. If the bottom drops out (not exactly sure what that means) I expect them both to get canned.

donkhater
09-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Seriously, 0-16 is within this team's grasp. I know it is only week 3, but c'mon.

How can Clark have any credibility to his fan base and expect to make money as an owner if he doesn't clean house after his team loses 25 straight games (9 last season + 16 this season). It would baffle the mind to not see any changes at the end of this season because I totally expect 0-16 after what we've seen so far.

Mr. Kotter
09-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I expect their "rebuilding" concession this year, means they'll be back at least one more year.....so 2010, is the earliest we should have any real expectations.

:shake:

Mr. Kotter
09-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Seriously, 0-16 is within this team's grasp. I know it is only week 3, but c'mon.

How can Clark have any credibility to his fan base and expect to make money as an owner if he doesn't clean house after his team loses 25 straight games (9 last season + 16 this season). It would baffle the mind to not see any changes at the end of this season because I totally expect 0-16 after what we've seen so far.

If they go 0-16, which is possible IMO too...Clark will have to make some moves.

You know what's gonna happen though....they'll win 2 or 3 games, through a combination of and a couple of fortunate bounces/off-days by other teams/cutesy-gutsy-only-when-you-really-SUCK-gameplans (swinging gate, fleaflicker, half-back pass, hook-and-ladder all in the second half of some game they SHOULDN'T be in) late in the season.

It'll likely save Herm and CP for another season.

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2008, 09:35 AM
4 wins is the key, they get that or more Hermie is sticking around. Anything under I say its good bye time.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Honestly, I believe Car/Herm will milk this Croyle injury to the extent so it buys them another year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Herm's approval rating is 8%.

FringeNC
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I think the question is now whether Herm can make it through the year without being fired. I think Carl would fire his ass in a second if he could...Since there really is no one in charge over there now, who knows what will happen, but Herm being fired sooner rather than later HAS to have been discussed.

There has to be absolute panic at 1 Arrowhead now. Herm and Carl blaming the other when talking to Clark Hunt.

Frazod
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Herm's approval rating is 8%.

The amazing part is that there are still three coaches ranked lower. :spock:

boogblaster
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Bye Bye u worthless bastards ...

TEX
09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Just wondering. I would not be surprised at all to see both back next season, and in fact, i'm counting on it.

Maybe the only way they're not back is if we finish 0-16 - which is possible...

TEX
09-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I think the question is now whether Herm can make it through the year without being fired. I think Carl would fire his ass in a second if he could...Since there really is no one in charge over there now, who knows what will happen, but Herm being fired sooner rather than later HAS to have been discussed.

There has to be absolute panic at 1 Arrowhead now. Herm and Carl blaming the other when talking to Clark Hunt.

Bottom line is BOTH should get fired. Herm for being a poor excuse for a HC and Carl for hiring him in the first place.

MOhillbilly
09-22-2008, 10:11 AM
wouldnt be suprised to see kuharich as GM next year. he did the draft last year and peterson was told to keep his opinion out of it. per Art on 98.7 acouple weeks ago.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
I think Peterson is gone, but i think Herm will be giving 1 more year

Rausch
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm a firm believer that the 3 year mark is the berometer.

Flush them both...

Buehler445
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
There is absolutely NO reason for Herm/Carl to return. None. They are an embarrassment to the team, football, and the city.

That being said, they will likely be back. Afterall Herm said that we would have to be patient with a young team. He just didn't mention that in order to do so, we would have to put up with his kindergaten level gameplans, his handcuffing of staff, and poor fundementals excercised by the players.

Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Bottom line is BOTH should get fired. Herm for being a poor excuse for a HC and Carl for hiring him in the first place.

QFT

Rausch
09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
There is absolutely NO reason for Herm/Carl to return. None.

Ditto.

I can think of no more perfect time to hire a new HC/GM considering the talent and cap...

Lzen
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Do I think they will be back? I am not sure. From the things Clark has said, one would think that one or perhaps both will be gone if this season continues to go this badly. The thing is that we don't really know if Clark is a man of his word or if he was just blowing smoke. I truly hope that he sees that CP and HE are not the answer for the long term plans of this team.

Bowser
09-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Do I think they will be back? I am not sure. From the things Clark has said, one would think that one or perhaps both will be gone if this season continues to go this badly. The thing is that we don't really know if Clark is a man of his word or if he was just blowing smoke. I truly hope that he sees that CP and HE are not the answer for the long term plans of this team.

Until he shows he has a pair and actually whacks these guys, it's all just big talk and chest thumping.

Mr. Kotter
09-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Until he shows he has a pair and actually whacks these guys, it's all just big talk and chest thumping.

Yup. If Herm sticks around, it'll will be in some capacity in player scouting and development.

If Clark is da man, get ready for the Schottenheimer as GM/Cowher as HC era. :)

blueballs
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I would bet Clark Hunt has a short list for GM
it depends on if any of those are available at season's end
or sooner

StcChief
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Yup. If Herm sticks around, it'll will be in some capacity in player scouting and development.

If Clark is da man, get ready for the Schottenheimer as GM/Cowher as HC era. :)yep. Afirmative action is alive and well in NFL. Clark will be a good doobie and keep Herm in another capacity

chiefscafan
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Carl will probably give himself an extension lol because he's done a good job with the renovations.

chiefscafan
09-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Something to me doesn't seem right his third year he decides to start the youth movement now inorder to save his job. Man I hope Clark Hunt does something.

kaplin42
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Something to me doesn't seem right his third year he decides to start the youth movement now inorder to save his job. Man I hope Clark Hunt does something.

That isn't Herm. In his first year he was told to give the veterans one last go. Last year was the actual start of rebuilding, the only problem was that there wasn't enough of a youth movement. This year you are actually seeing the effects of a rebuild. Sadly though, no rebuild should go through this. If you can't get a first down until midway through the second quarter, then something is very very very wrong.

WilliamTheIrish
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
They'll be back.

teedubya
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I would laugh then cry... then punch something.

You could guaran (expletive) tee that season ticket holders EN MASSE would not renew.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
They'll be back.
and arrowhead will be a ghost town on sundays, regardless of renovations.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
i expect both to be back

Spott
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
As long as fans keep selling the stadium out with increased ticket prices every year, Carl will be here as long as he wants.

FAX
09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
I expect them to stay. They have every excuse in the world for playing poorly ... the rebuild deal, youth at key positions, injuries, new OC.

If there's anything that Herm excels at, it's figuring out a way to blame someone else for his failures. And, of course, Carl benefits from that because he's positioned himself as being the guy who just does what the HC wants.

This fan ass screwing has just begun, gentlemen. It's our role to sit back and enjoy it as much as possible.

FAX

Reerun_KC
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I expect them to stay. They have every excuse in the world for playing poorly ... the rebuild deal, youth at key positions, injuries, new OC.

If there's anything that Herm excels at, it's figuring out a way to blame someone else for his failures. And, of course, Carl benefits from that because he's positioned himself as being the guy who just does what the HC wants.

This fan ass screwing has just begun, gentlemen. It's our role to sit back and enjoy it as much as possible.

FAX

Herm has left more carnage in his wake than Hurricane Katrina!

WilliamTheIrish
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
and arrowhead will be a ghost town on sundays, regardless of renovations.

Yea. So? Is that supposed to mean anything?

Deberg_1990
09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I blame the Hunts. They were/are the ones who dont do anything about Carl and seem to be satisified by this franchises mediocrity. (Actions speak louder than words Clark)

If you were Carl would you resign?? Hell no! Hes getting paid a ton of $$$ for crapy output. Why would he quit??

Reerun_KC
09-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Yea. So? Is that supposed to mean anything?
Do what?

I was just adding to your post... Sorry if you took offense to it.

What I meant was, Arrowhead could be the best place on earth to watch football. It will be new, bright and shiney, but if Carl and Herm are here, it will be empty regardless of the team.

WilliamTheIrish
09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Do what?

I was just adding to your post... Sorry if you took offense to it.

Sorry dude. I took no offense. It came to light that the stadium wasn't anwhere near full for our home opener.

I fully expect these idiots back next year. Hopefully C.Hunt will make a liar out of me. I just don't expect him to.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry dude. I took no offense. It came to light that the stadium wasn't anwhere near full for our home opener.

I fully expect these idiots back next year. Hopefully C.Hunt will make a liar out of me. I just don't expect him to.
It will be worse next weekend....

I have family that has 13 season tickets and they will not be attending on Sunday...

They love the rebuild, but have had enough of Carl and Herm...

FringeNC
09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
i expect both to be back

If Herm ends the season with his 25 straight loss, there is no way he'll be back. In fact, I give him about 3 more games to get this thing looking like an NFL team or he's fired mid-season.

Bowser
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
If Herm ends the season with his 25 straight loss, there is no way he'll be back. In fact, I give him about 3 more games to get this thing looking like an NFL team or he's fired mid-season.

I don't disagree with you, but I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't think Carl will let it happen.