PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Future and the State of the Chiefs

Braincase
09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
WTF is our plan? We're way under the cap. Are we stockpiling cash for an uncapped year? Are we setting ourselves up to have multiple first round picks the year there's a defined rookie salary? I can't help but speculate that the Chiefs acould have a nice little warchest coinciding with an uncapped year about the same time the stadium improvements are finished, followed by a draft that could have slotted salaries for the incoming rookies.

What do y'all think?

Redrum_69
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
have faith in the absolute
chiefs want 30 straight losses
carl will be back next year
sell the team

Bowser
09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
WTF is our plan? We're way under the cap. Are we stockpiling cash for an uncapped year? Are we setting ourselves up to have multiple first round picks the year there's a defined rookie salary? I can't help but speculate that the Chiefs acould have a nice little warchest coinciding with an uncapped year about the same time the stadium improvements are finished, followed by a draft that could have slotted salaries for the incoming rookies.

What do y'all think?

I think Carl has no vision, but just tries to mold the team to his coach's wishes at that particular time. I think that if that IS the plan to have boatloads of cash on hand to buy a roster of all-pros for a one year run, Carl needs to be blindfolded and shot (see: Washington Redskins).

I think it's one big pile of shit, no matter how you look at it.

burt
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
The Future and the State of the Chiefs? Misery!

BigRedChief
09-22-2008, 02:01 PM

What do y'all think?
I think they should use the $32 million in cap space this year to pay off future monies due to LJ's and Tony's SB's this year. We get additional cap space in the future.

Hydrae
09-22-2008, 02:02 PM
The Future and the State of the Chiefs? Misery!

That is pronounced Missour-ah! :cuss:

Chief Henry
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
The future of the Chiefs ???? Thats easy, massive amounts of L'ssssssssssss

CoMoChief
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Right side of Oline, QB, DE, MLB are the most important positions needed to be addressed. Once we have those I'd say we're in alright shape. Another WR wouldn't hurt.

But we also can't fill all of that in next offseason alone.

Braincase
09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I think that we have obvious needs on both O, D & ST, but our most obvious deficit is in the front office.

MahiMike
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Herm could have a healthy Tom Brady and tell him to hand off.

Chiefaholic
09-22-2008, 07:40 PM

What do y'all think?

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, whatever portion of the salary cap that isn't used, belongs to the NFL. The only cash they're saving is money directly out of the Hunt's bank account for signing bonuses.

Braincase
09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. But, whatever portion of the salary cap that isn't used, belongs to the NFL. The only cash they're saving is money directly out of the Hunt's bank account for signing bonuses.

Yes. I wasn't implying that cap money can be carried over from year to year... but it's an interesting idea.

cdcox
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't think there will be an uncapped year in the NFL in the near future. And Clark would never be in favor of it.

cdcox
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM

No. The actual money stays in Hunt's bank account. But you can't carry cap $ over from one year to another. An uncapped year would mean that each owner could spend as much money on any free agent as their heart's desired. So money Hunt did not spend in the last two year could theoretically be spent in an un-capped year. However, that is emphatically NOT the game Clark is playing.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Right side of Oline, QB, DE, MLB are the most important positions needed to be addressed. Once we have those I'd say we're in alright shape. Another WR wouldn't hurt.

But we also can't fill all of that in next offseason alone.

We could fill the OL department bigtime though 1st round Oher 2nd round possibilities of Duke Robinson or Herman Johnson

OctoberFart
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM

What do y'all think?

If you think they are waiting on a splash on free agency to make a competitive team then you my friend are a moron. Free agents are free agents for a reason and for the most part are expensive busts. Drafting is how you build championships.

Braincase
09-23-2008, 05:29 AM
If you think they are waiting on a splash on free agency to make a competitive team then you my friend are a moron. Free agents are free agents for a reason and for the most part are expensive busts. Drafting is how you build championships.

How is Rich Gannon these days?

suds79
09-23-2008, 08:50 AM
We could fill the OL department bigtime though 1st round Oher 2nd round possibilities of Duke Robinson or Herman Johnson

We'd still stink because we wouldn't have a QB. Anyways, that's not my main point.

Those guys are studs but is that what this team has come to? Do we have to have an O-line full of high 1st & 2nd rounders to be good?

What does that say about our coaches? We have to have reliable/good starters from the late rounder guys. No team can afford to have that much $$ tied up all in the O-line.

chiefscafan
09-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Ok I just got on a website and charted out our picks with potential trades in a 7th rd draft tell me what you guys think:

First Trades:

Larry Johnson to Tampa Bay for 2nd and 5th rd his stock has gone down

Trade 2nd overall pick to Vikings for 1st 2nd and 5th picks

Trade Tony Gonzalez to Eagles for 28th pick in first rd give tony a chance to win

Trade our 2nd and tampa bay fifth or Rams 2nd

Trade our 4th rd pick for ATL forth and 129th and 135th pick

trade 130th 5th and swap of 6th picks To SF for Alex Smith change of scenery

168th 6th to Cleveland for 171 and 203 in 7th

The Franchise
09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok I just got on a website and charted out our picks with potential trades in a 7th rd draft tell me what you guys think:

First Trades:

Trade Tony Gonzalez to Eagles for 28th pick in first rd give tony a chance to win

You're ****ing retarded.

rambleonthruthefog
09-23-2008, 01:03 PM

i don't think the vikings will just give us thier 1st and 5th pick.

chiefscafan
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
now for the draft according to nfl draft blitzs mock draft 7 rds:

1st rd 12th pick MLB Rey Maualugga from USC: Shores up our mlb for next 8 to 10 yrs

1st rd 28th pick OT Michael OHer from Ole Miss: Falls cause of depth elsewhere

2nd rd 33rd pick OLB Brian Cushing from USC: no more weak linebacking with these 2

2nd rd 44th pick C Antoine Caldwell from Alabama: he's a wrecking crew

2nd rd 48th pick Rb/KR C.J. Spiller from Clemson: not every down back but situational

3rd rd 66th pick OT Phill Loadholt from Oklahoma: big RT what we need falls bc of DUI

4th Rd 103rd pick DE Ian Campbell from KSU: which is him 11.5 sacks or 4.5 potential

5th Rd 129th pick QB Chase Daniel from Missouri: Gritty leader maybe too short wrth it

5th rd 135th pick WR Patrick Turner from USC: big target tremendous potential

5th rd 140th pick CB/KR Bruce Johnson from Miami: great speed better kr

6th rd 171st pick OG Andy Kemp from Wisconsin: Good solid Guard

7th rd 194th pick DE Derek Walker from Illinois: Falls because of work ethic ; steal

7th rd 203rd pick OLB/Mlb Chris Evans from Auburn: Tough and will earn pt on ST

ok here you go

I think this draft rebuilds the lines and LB core

I know lack of a first rd Qb is gonna be major gripe but Im under the assumption this is not a team which can be fixed overnight.

Maybe we get lucky with Alex Smith or Chase daniel if not we have a strong OL and we bring in QB in 2010 draft or get a young free agent.

shitgoose
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM

First Trades:

I think you just wasted a bunch of your time on something that makes absolutely no sense and will never happen

chiefscafan
09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
some people on here are such a pleasure to communicate with

ok if you read I said we would trade our 2nd pick in the draft to Minnesota for there 1rst 2nd and fifth

the qb they want is there they will do the trade seeing as they don't need much us on the other hand we need alot.

The Franchise
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
some people on here are such a pleasure to communicate with

ok if you read I said we would trade our 2nd pick in the draft to Minnesota for there 1rst 2nd and fifth

the qb they want is there they will do the trade seeing as they don't need much us on the other hand we need alot.

We'd be easier to communicate with if you would realistically set shit up. We're not going to make 7 trades in the draft. We're not going to trade Gonzo or LJ.

chiefscafan
09-23-2008, 01:21 PM
you know what more people would be willing to communicate on here if jerks like you didn't blast them for putting an opinion up an opinion isn't wrong because you think it is.

first of all take off the rose colored glasses this team stinks and we need to get better we traded our best DE what makes you think we won't trade our best two bargaining chips?

by the way LJ was offered for Quinn so your talk they won't trade LJ is blown right there

Tony Gonzalez is our best chip to play we all love him but know he is on the decline by the time we are any good.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee we aren't good and we need draft picks this is a good draft.

Why don't you analyze that instead of bagging on the way we accquired the picks.

chiefscafan
09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I get asked by the moderators why I don't post this is why

I love the chiefs and I am disgusted by the display I 've seen so I was currious if It could be fixed in this draft so I tried to.

Then I thought it would be fun to post it up here and get some intelligent discussion but I guess that's impossible here.

The Franchise
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
you know what more people would be willing to communicate on here if jerks like you didn't blast them for putting an opinion up an opinion isn't wrong because you think it is.

first of all take off the rose colored glasses this team stinks and we need to get better we traded our best DE what makes you think we won't trade our best two bargaining chips?

by the way LJ was offered for Quinn so your talk they won't trade LJ is blown right there

Tony Gonzalez is our best chip to play we all love him but know he is on the decline by the time we are any good.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee we aren't good and we need draft picks this is a good draft.

Why don't you analyze that instead of bagging on the way we accquired the picks.

Let's analyze this shall we.

We traded our best DE for two reasons. Picks and he wanted the hell out of here. We actually got more for him than I thought we would.

LJ won't get shit because he's not an all around back and he's been worked in the last couple of years. Teams don't want to trade for a RB they can only play on 1st and 2nd downs. Gonzo won't get traded because the front office won't do it. Gonzo is the face of this franchise. They know that if they trade him (good or bad) the fans will revolt.

Show me proof that LJ was offered for Quinn. All I've seen is an article stating that the Chiefs contacted the Browns about Quinn and were told that he wasn't available. So until there is proof that an LJ for Quinn deal was offered....I'm not believing it.

I didn't blast your post. I called it retarded. It's retarded to come in Week 3 with a mock draft where we trade seven times throughout the draft and all of a sudden we come up with all of these great players in the 1st round. Oher is not falling till the 28th pick.

chiefscafan
09-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Its according to draft blitz's mock I didn't make it up I have no idea why Oher fell that far they said because of the talent that is in the draft. Also that most people grabbed ol last year.

I'm sorry if I blasted you I thought it would be fun to try to fix the chiefs. My privilidges for some reason were taken off of this and I can only reply not post anymore.

I am disgusted by what I see I just want to see some kind of sign of life from this team.

If you are a chief fan you know what I mean I'm sorry I lashed out at you but take away from OHer falling what do you think.

I'm worried Carl peterson has roally screwed up this franchise and if he gives himself an extension I may be done being a chief fan for a while.

what are your thoughts