PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quinn update

chop
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Browns: Quinn to get more reps with starters (http://fbc15.fanball.com/commissioner.fbc?prg=lselect&lid=37265&page=lhome&pass=2&53754##)
09/22/08 01:37 PM
THE NEWS
Brady Quinn (http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/player/6572) will get more work with the starting offense in practice this week, according to ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3602560&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines).
Our View
Coach Romeo Crennel is not ready to announce that he is benching struggling starter Derek Anderson, but he does intend to get Quinn well-prepared through the week in case he is called into action against Cincinnati Sunday. Anderson is just an interception or errant throw away from riding the pine, and Quinn should be "handcuffed" for fantasy owners that drafted Anderson as a starter.

This is from the fanball site.

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Stupid. Quinn should be starting. Anderson sucks. Alot of people here wanted him. Fools. As bad as Anderson is, I'd still take him over Huard and Thig, though...

rageeumr
09-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I just read this on the Yahoo Fantasy page. Interesting typo:

"Sep 22 QB Derek Anderson's starting job is clearly in jeopardy with five interceptions through the team's 0-3 start. "I think that we'll definitely try to get the other guy ready, and we'll see how it goes from there," coach Romeo Crennel said, referring to Brodie Croyle. "I can't put a percentage on it, or anything like that.""

MIAdragon
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Stupid. Quinn should be starting. Anderson sucks. Alot of people here wanted him. Fools. As bad as Anderson is, I'd still take him over Huard and Thig, though...

Soooo Anderson sucks and the people who wanted him are fools, BUT he IS better than what we have now:spock:

BigVE
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I haven't watched one minute of the Browns this year....what is their problem? Anderson was having a great year last year and the Browns looked decent but now they resemble KC, what gives? A guy doesn't just lose it over night, something must be missing.

chiefs1111
09-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh well,it's not like we were ever going to get him anyways

Deberg_1990
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I haven't watched one minute of the Browns this year....what is their problem? Anderson was having a great year last year and the Browns looked decent but now they resemble KC, what gives? A guy doesn't just lose it over night, something must be missing.

Anderson is playing bad and their defense sucks.

Same as the Chiefs.

GoTrav
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh well,it's not like we were ever going to get him anyways

It would have been a good idea to draft him when we had the forkin chance. The entire organization looks like a bunch of fools trying to desperately trade for him now. We can thank Carl for letting everyone in the media know we would be drafting Quinn if he fell to us in the first place which allowed Cleveland to jump in ahead of us and grab him.

sedated
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
They said on the radio this morning that its reported that KingCarl called to ask about Quinn, and the Browns essentially hung up on him.

Tombstone RJ
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
The browns have alot more $ invested in Quinn than Anderson, so if they have to dump a QB, it's probably gonna be Anderson.

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Soooo Anderson sucks and the people who wanted him are fools, BUT he IS better than what we have now:spock:Doesn't mean he doesn't suck. Just shows how shitty our QBs our.

Sure-Oz
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
So does that make Anderson trade bait then? I don't see what is going on, their offense has been similiar to the Bengals woes....Braylon Edwards can't catch a cold either.

I sure hope he puts up a 3 td game against cincy and fixes it, but i bet its too late anyway

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I haven't watched one minute of the Browns this year....what is their problem? Anderson was having a great year last year and the Browns looked decent but now they resemble KC, what gives? A guy doesn't just lose it over night, something must be missing.Anderson was highly overrated. He hung alot of his recievers out to dry last season. I watched him quite a bit.

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2008, 04:09 PM
So does that make Anderson trade bait then? I don't see what is going on, their offense has been similiar to the Bengals woes....Braylon Edwards can't catch a cold either.
I cannot put it more bluntly than this. Anderson is nothing more than a hard throwing Huard. He's better than Huard, just not by much. Very inaccurate.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I cannot put it more bluntly than this. Anderson is nothing more than a hard throwing Huard. He's better than Huard, just not by much. Very inaccurate.

Does he look like he belongs in the NFL?

If so he's heads and tails better than what we got.

Hoover
09-22-2008, 04:26 PM

Its called the curse of one good season.

Look at the chiefs the year that Dante returned all those kicks, Kennison took it to the house in GB. Even though we lost in the playoffs the front office went out and resigned everyone.

The only problem is if you took those kick returns away we would have had like 5 wins. The Browns got a lot of things to go there way last year, but not this year.

Sure-Oz
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM

That's too bad, was wondering if he would be traded here if he was possibly as good as his #'s last year. Sounds like Quinn may actually get the others back on track. Too much talent on that offense to suck this bad

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Anderson didn't have one good season, he was hot for 8 games. I had the cocksucker on my fantasy team last year, trust me, once the tape was out on him, he gargled balls.

Iowanian
09-22-2008, 04:32 PM
This is not going to happen.

Fans need to stop pretending this is Madden 0turd.

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Anderson didn't have one good season, he was hot for 8 games. I had the cocksucker on my fantasy team last year, trust me, once the tape was out on him, he gargled balls.

Try 9 games, you forgot about his coming out party game against the Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Does he look like he belongs in the NFL?

If so he's heads and tails better than what we got.I think his play last season was exaggerated by Edwards' and Winslow's playmaking abilities. Not to mention the fact that Cleveland has one of the best lines in the league. He's better than what we have now, which doesn't say much.

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Anderson didn't have one good season, he was hot for 8 games. I had the cocksucker on my fantasy team last year, trust me, once the tape was out on him, he gargled balls.LMAO

Soupnazi
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
They said on the radio this morning that its reported that KingCarl called to ask about Quinn, and the Browns essentially hung up on him.

Ah. I see Carl's reputation still precedes him.

Micjones
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm wondering what the offer was.

Iowanian
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Its not an option. Its not going to happen.

Gochiefs has a better chance at anal with brooke Shields tonight than of this happening.

SBK
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Quinn is the Browns QB, Anderson is the clipboard carrier. Browns fans everywhere knew it last year when Anderson was playing well. Quinn is their guy, which is exactly why they hung up on Carl when he called.

BigRedChief
09-22-2008, 09:41 PM
The story on Brady Quinn

<!-- END tabs --><!-- begin content -->Yes, the Chiefs did call the Browns recently regarding Brady Quinn. The conversation, as I've heard it, didn't last long. Cleveland said he wasn't available and now it looks like it won't be long until he's playing for the Browns.

NFL teams routinely make calls to other teams about the availability of players at certain positions. The Chiefs both make and receive those calls. A tiny percentage of these calls ever lead to what could be called serious discussions. A fraction of those ever lead to an actual trade.

But it has to start somewhere. Though I'm convinced Quinn won't be playing for the Chiefs any time in the foreseeable future and the point is moot, it's interesting to speculate.

One Chiefs fan who routinely sends me messages suggested a couple of possible trade Chiefs trade offers for Quinn. I mention this because this fan, who I refer to as GM junior, has been most astute in his many observations over the years.

He suggested the Chiefs offer Pat Surtain plus a second round pick next year and a fourth round pick in 2010 (not one of GM junior's best suggestions; The Browns would never go for this but the Chiefs would jump on it).
A second and more reasonable proposal has the Chiefs sending second-round picks in each of the next two years to Cleveland for Quinn. I still suggest the Browns wouldn't settle for that low of a price, but the Chiefs should make that deal if it's offered, which, of course, it won't be.

Submitted by Adam Teicher on September 22, 2008 - 6:31pm.
login (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=user/login&destination=comment/reply/292%23comment_form) or register (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=user/register&destination=comment/reply/292%23comment_form) to post comments

L.A. Chieffan
09-22-2008, 09:44 PM
GM junior is freebasing if he thinks the Browns are gonna take Surtain