PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 3 Players on Chiefs from 2000-2005 NFL Drafts

teedubya
09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Larry Johnson
Derrick Johnson
Dustin Colquitt

That is it. For that alone, Carl should be fired immediately. It's not 100% Herm's fault, although, he coaches like horse shit.

Carl's lack of finding quality NFL players have decapitated this franchise.

**** YOU Clark Hunt for keeping him employed. **** YOU (expletive)

3 ****ing players out of 58 draft picks.

**** you if Repost.

Pablo
09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow...that's awesome.

We f***ing rule!

Demonpenz
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
no one is going to have a bunch. I only count 5 for the pats that is free agency

tk13
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I hear a lot of this, but I don't think it holds that much water. Just because that's not what we were trying to do at that time.

I don't have a problem saying Carl should've gone along with DV, he probably should've, it failed. But we knew what we were doing... that was the whole point, not to build for the draft, it was to take one last shot with DV so Carl could ride off into the sunset with a ring. The draft picks we made weren't that good, no doubt... but at the same time, we'd trade a 3rd for Roaf, 2nd for Surtain, a couple draft picks for Welbourn, etc, etc.. we didn't put much value into our draft picks, a complete 180 from what we're doing now.

The only problem is, Carl didn't ride off into the sunset with DV... and he should've known better, because we sold out the future of this team.

SBK
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Larry Johnson
Derrick Johnson
Dustin Colquitt

That is it. For that alone, Carl should be fired immediately. It's not 100% Herm's fault, although, he coaches like horse shit.

Carl's lack of finding quality NFL players have decapitated this franchise.

**** YOU Clark Hunt for keeping him employed. **** YOU (expletive)

3 ****ing players out of 58 draft picks.

**** you if Repost.

The funny thing is we should have traded LJ, DJ sucks, and Colquitt is our best player. Very nice.

keg in kc
09-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I wonder how many are even on NFL rosters, playing anywhere.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah Carl and DV's win a supebowl now attitude didnt help us much for the future...

Good thing we have Herm "keen eye" Edwards...

Deberg_1990
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I wonder how many are even on NFL rosters, playing anywhere.

Very few should have been kept in KC.

A few you could make an argument should have been: Kawika, Fugita, Tynes (wasnt a draft choice i know)

But overall, just terrible drafting......

Bill Lundberg
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
This makes me sick to my stomach. So much so that I didn't believe you and had to check for myself. You're right, although it was only 48 picks instead of 58. Only 3 left...

Hoover
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
The only thing that has improved in KC since Herm's arrival is our draft picks, everything else has gotten worse.

Wins - Down
Impact Free agents - Down
Entertainment value - Down

I've just learned to accept it

On the bright side however the franchise has done some very smart things like build a new practice facility, remodel Arrowhead, and value young players over expensive older veteran players.

In my opinion, I think Carl will be shown the door after this season. The front offices inability to find a suitable 2nd option at QB is unbelievable, and while Haurd sits on the bench, we also need to remember the 3 year contract extension they gave him last year. This is a mess, and Carl is one of the main reasons.

From everything I see, the Chiefs will have the top pick next year and have an incredible draft. The only problem is that unless Herm and the new GM go out and swing a deal for younger veteran QB we are going to be looking at another 5 win or less season, which Herm can't withstand.

So that takes us to 2010 with a 2nd year GM and a team loaded with young talent, new facilities, and lots of cap space. If the Chiefs are ever going to land a top coach it will be then, and watch him take this team to the playoffs in his first year and KC emerge as a power in the AFC.

The trick is finding a GM who will buy into our philosophy of building through the draft and avoiding expensive veterans, he will also need to like our young talent in players like Dorsey, Bowe, and Albert.

Its going to suck going through 2 years of this shit, but I think it will be well worth it. i have always thought that 2010 is the target season for us to make our move.

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2008, 04:38 PM
And the sad thing is our first round picks from that era is nowhere to be seen. Sly Morris was a different story, kid had a freak accident and blew out his knee. The rest are why this franchise is in this mess. No 2001 pick(Green was alright but how much better would the Chiefs be with Drew Brees instead), 2002 - Sims enough said. 2004 - traded down for big Junior and Samie Parker.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
How did we have 58 draft picks in six years? We had almost no picks in 2001.

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
How did we have 58 draft picks in six years? We had almost no picks in 2001.

2001 we had a ton, it was 2002 we had hardly any.

dj56dt58
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I have a hard time believing its just the players..other teams seem to be able to do a lot more with a lot less..this team has, and has had talent..we just need a coaching staff to make them play to their full potential and that can coach a game with a shit..we haven't had that for a while. we had DV which did so on offense, and Marty who did so on defense, but nobody that could get both sides of the ball to play to their full potential/strengths.

teedubya
09-22-2008, 04:53 PM
48 not 58, mistype...sorry (expletive)

kc1977
09-22-2008, 06:27 PM
This is what happens when you hire a head coach his primary motive is to prove that he was the architect of the '99 Rams and not Mike Martz. Dickie V accomplished everything here he wanted to.

He left this organization in terrible shape (why do you think he left?), and for this alone, Carl Peterson should be fired for allowing this.

Then, Carl goes out and hires another buddy. I supported the Herm hire at first. I liked Herm, and thought the Herm/Gunther combo would thrive. Then, Herm set on embarking on the world's longest rebuilding project, one that doesn't even yet have the key ingredient, a QB. And for this alone, Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards should be fired today.

BUT....

How can you not be convinced that Herman Edwards has been guaranteed next season? He is coaching with no sense of urgency. Someone fighting for his job would have a competent QB to rely on if his pet project were to falter or get injured. Herman does not have this, nor has he shown any interest in getting this. Maybe that competent QB is Huard, but Herman will not play him, in spite of the fact that they are clearly better with him (don't worry Huard haters - that's not saying much). But Herm is not coaching like he needs to win a game at all this year to save his job.

Herm is not coaching to win the games, and this is perhaps the most disappointing circumstance of all.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 06:30 PM
how you gonna count allen

We got a shit ton in compensation for him and had we not traded him, he'd be here.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
This is what happens when you hire a head coach his primary motive is to prove that he was the architect of the '99 Rams and not Mike Martz. Dickie V accomplished everything here he wanted to.

He left this organization in terrible shape (why do you think he left?), and for this alone, Carl Peterson should be fired for allowing this.

Then, Carl goes out and hires another buddy. I supported the Herm hire at first. I liked Herm, and thought the Herm/Gunther combo would thrive. Then, Herm set on embarking on the world's longest rebuilding project, one that doesn't even yet have the key ingredient, a QB. And for this alone, Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards should be fired today.

Dude, DV was brought to KC to win quickly. He did that. He rebuilt the team in 3 years and had them on the cusp of a Championship. He failed.

They sacrificed the future, but that was the plan all along.

Herm Edwards regime sucks because he sucks. He has no one to blame but himself. Carl Peterson should have left with Marty or with DV. Hes like a cockroach that wont die off.

kc1977
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Dude, DV was brought to KC to win quickly. He did that. He rebuilt the team in 3 years and had them on the cusp of a Championship. He failed.

Herm Edwards regime sucks because he sucks. He has no one to blame but himself. Carl Peterson should have left with Marty or with DV. Hes like a cockroach that wont die off.

Think what you want about DV. Being from St. Louis, it's pretty well known down here that DV's sole reason for coming out of retirement is that he was not happy that Martz was getting all the glory. It's no coincidence the Defense was neglected. It's no coincidence all the celebration that was his final 10-6 season, but no playoffs. It's no coincidence DV left when he knew the cupboard was empty. DV accomplished what he set out to in KC. Anything else would have been gravy, but that was not his goal.

Mecca
09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
It gets worse when you factor in 06 Herms first draft and realize that draft looks like a giant piece of shit.

milkman
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM

BUT....

How can you not be convinced that Herman Edwards has been guaranteed next season? He is coaching with no sense of urgency. Someone fighting for his job would have a competent QB to rely on if his pet project were to falter or get injured. Herman does not have this, nor has he shown any interest in getting this. Maybe that competent QB is Huard, but Herman will not play him, in spite of the fact that they are clearly better with him (don't worry Huard haters - that's not saying much). But Herm is not coaching like he needs to win a game at all this year to save his job.

Herm is not coaching to win the games, and this is perhaps the most disappointing circumstance of all.

It's not that Herman ****ing Edwards isn't coaching to win games.

He simply doesn't know how to coach to win games.

milkman
09-22-2008, 09:18 PM

Dick was not on the cusp of a championship.

Yes, the Chiefs scored a lot of points, and they had some things bounce their way, but the fact is, you can not, will not, ever win a championship if you can't play defense.

FAX
09-22-2008, 09:32 PM
I have a hard time believing its just the players..other teams seem to be able to do a lot more with a lot less..this team has, and has had talent..we just need a coaching staff to make them play to their full potential and that can coach a game with a shit..we haven't had that for a while. we had DV which did so on offense, and Marty who did so on defense, but nobody that could get both sides of the ball to play to their full potential/strengths.

The Hermites would have you believe it's the talent ... and to a certain degree, they're right ... but that's not all that's afoot here, Mr. dj56dt58. Think about it ... the left side of the line is serviceable, we have running backs out the wazoo, we have an all pro tight end, and at least one WR who can and will fight for the football. Those are sufficient weapons to get a first down.

No, there's more to it. We started off the year running the Solari offense and now we're fielding a quarterback (coach's decision) who is nowhere near ready for this league. Soon, the team will lose what little confidence and desire they started the season with and LJ won't be the only guy speaking to the press in colorful language. Downfield's already on strike. LJ will want out. So will Gonzo. Even young guys like Bowe will start squeaking - they're smart enough to recognize incompetence when they see it and will tire of putting their asses on the line for nothing. Yep, the Doom Train is rolling. When we hit 16 or 17 losses in a row, it will be at full speed. The only question now is how long can Herm keep his hand on the throttle before Clark puts a bullet through his brainpan.

FAX