PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz:Chiefs Update 9/22

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Chiefs Update 9/22 (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/chiefs-update-922.html)
September 22, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

“It’s just not good being a Chief right now.”

Those were the words of LB Derrick Johnson Monday afternoon as the Chiefs took a second look at their loss on Sunday to Atlanta and checked up on their physical condition.

The 0-3 start and the way the Chiefs have played the last two weeks certainly have made for tough times around the team’s facility. Johnson like the rest of his defensive mates is frustrated by the big plays the unit has been allowing the last two weeks.

“We are going to make mistakes; we just can’t let one lead to another,” said Johnson.

When asked if the one big play leads to thinking on the Chiefs defense of ‘Oh crap, here it goes again’, Johnson said: “That’s what it seems like. We don’t want to be like that. If we are good enough to stop them, then stop them. One big run, OK calm down and let’s go again.”

The Chiefs do not release an injury report on Monday and the only known player dinged from Sunday’s trip to Atlanta was LB Donnie Edwards, who apparently had someone roll up on his ankle in the second half of the game.

QB Brodie Croyle continues to average about seven to eight hours of rehab a day, trying to get his right shoulder ready to go. He said he hoped that he would be allowed to start throwing the football later this week.

CB Pat Surtain missed the Atlanta game with his own shoulder injury. There was no update on his status.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
7-8 hours of rehab a day? Christ, that would be boring.

FAX
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
"QB Brodie Croyle continues to average about seven to eight hours of rehab a day, trying to get his right shoulder ready to go. He said he hoped that he would be allowed to start throwing the football later this week."

So ... what happened to the 8 weeks that WPI reported yesterday?

FAX

Mecca
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
When I saw Croyle on the sideline he looked more like a water boy than an NFL player.

DeezNutz
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Sounds like Croyle is really trying to get back, but I don't know if anyone has ever questioned whether he's a hard worker or a good guy...

alanm
09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
7-8 hours of rehab a day? Christ, that would be boring.
I suppose he does get to watch TV. Pretty good gig Brodie has at the moment. Pay isn't too shabby either.

DeezNutz
09-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I suppose he does get to watch TV. Pretty good gig Brodie has at the moment. Pay isn't too shabby either.

But that ice is ****ing COLD. :rolleyes:

OctoberFart
09-23-2008, 12:19 AM
When I saw Croyle on the sideline he looked more like a water boy than an NFL player.

Do you honestly think Croyle could have a productive career with the build he has even if he was good? He was hurt in college and unsurprising to everyone (but chief fans excluding the only non homer you) he has been hurt in the pros. Guy just doesnt' have what it takes in toughness or ability for that matter. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can only play in 8 games a year at best.

TrickyNicky
09-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Whats crazy is I don't even remember seeing Donnie Edwards on the field...

Phobia
09-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Whats crazy is I don't even remember seeing Donnie Edwards on the field...

That's the problem. He was all over the field - splayed out in the wake of a running back.

Mecca
09-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Donnie Edwards is just old as hell, I don't even know why he's on the team.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
"QB Brodie Croyle continues to average about seven to eight hours of rehab a day, trying to get his right shoulder ready to go. He said he hoped that he would be allowed to start throwing the football later this week."

FAX

Nothing. The report is still that he could be out until Week 8.

picasso
09-23-2008, 04:43 PM

Didn't care for him when he was here before and don't care for him now.
Sure he has a lot of tackles for his career but not for a loss.

FAX
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Nothing. The report is still that he could be out until Week 8.

Ah ... let's see, if he's throwing this week, he'd still be out until then? That would be the Jets game? Hmmm.

FAX

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
He's not going to be practicing, FAX. Just throwing.

SAUTO
09-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Didn't care for him when he was here before and don't care for him now.
Sure he has a lot of tackles for his career but not for a loss.

look back at that game D.E. was in the backfield making several tackles in the first half

FAX
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM

Right. I know, Mr. GoChiefs, but throwing is better than not throwing. You have to move your arm and stuff. I, myself, live with the after-effects of a separated shoulder and it's a significant sign of improvement if he can throw. A really good sign. Those mothers are more painful than jamming large, salted pine cones up your anus.

FAX

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 05:02 PM
OK, well you seemed to think that reported negated ours. I don't see how it could.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
if he can throw, then why cant he practice

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Because obviously he can't throw 100 percent right now.

Chiefshrink
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Do you honestly think Croyle could have a productive career with the build he has even if he was good? He was hurt in college and unsurprising to everyone (but chief fans excluding the only non homer you) he has been hurt in the pros. Guy just doesnt' have what it takes in toughness or ability for that matter. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can only play in 8 games a year at best.

You can definitely tell he is not much on weight training if any at all. I'm not asking the guy to be a bodybuilder but I do not that when you hit the weights hard your body can take a helluva alot more except obviously for a shot in the knees.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Ah ... let's see, if he's throwing this week, he'd still be out until then? That would be the Jets game? Hmmm.

FAX

I'll be in NY to see that game.

Maybe I'll bring a little Dane McCloud luck along with me.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Croyle has done everything he can to gain weight and he's maxed out.

bishop_74
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM

Grbac was accident prone as well until he bulked up. The boy just needs some roids.

FAX
09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Croyle has done everything he can to gain weight and he's maxed out.

How, in God's name, do you know that, Mr. GoChiefs? You have team access that guys like me can only dream about.

FAX

shaneo69
09-23-2008, 05:46 PM

So he can retire as a Chief, just like Derrick Alexander...

shaneo69
09-23-2008, 05:49 PM

FAX

The Star said today that they're hoping he can return for the 10/19 game...

Hydrae
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Right. I know, Mr. GoChiefs, but throwing is better than not throwing. You have to move your arm and stuff. I, myself, live with the after-effects of a separated shoulder and it's a significant sign of improvement if he can throw. A really good sign. Those mothers are more painful than jamming large, salted pine cones up your anus.

FAX

Not sure if I want to know how you know what that feels like but given this is the Planet I think we need to hear the story. :)

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
How, in God's name, do you know that, Mr. GoChiefs? You have team access that guys like me can only dream about.

FAX

It's been reported numerous times.

FAX
09-23-2008, 06:02 PM
It's been reported numerous times.

By whom, Mr. GoChiefs? What are their sources? Who are their contacts? Are they reliable? Do they have inside information? Are they friends with Huard?

FAX

Hammock Parties
09-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Mostly in press conferences, I believe.

I have to go. Go Chiefs. Huard forever.

TrickyNicky
09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Brodie would've bulked up more, but the bigger kids keep stealing his lunch money.

FAX
09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Mostly in press conferences, I believe.

I have to go. Go Chiefs. Huard forever.

Molatotho Limbrito.

FAX