PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb:Herm’s Terms on the Chiefs

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Herm’s Terms on the Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/811117.html)

On the Denver Broncos’ offense:

“They’re scoring about 38 points a game. Doing a good job on third-down conversions; they’re 50 percent. Run the ball good, about 130 yards a game. And the quarterback is playing terrific. He’s doing a great job. He’s very confident right now. . . . They’re a very confident football team. You watch them play, and they’re very hot.”

On the Chiefs’ pass protection, which has allowed 11 sacks in three games:

“That’s not very good. I don’t know if it’s protection. You’ve got to get open. You’ve got to beat man-to-man coverage. You’ve got to get rhythm in your offense. We’ve got to make some plays in the passing game. We’ve got to hit some passes. It doesn’t have to be a bomb of 50 yards. It can be a nice shot like the one in New England. It was a slant, and the guy ran off for 45 yards — if you can go 50 yards, maybe you’ve got a different story right now.”

On the young players’ progress during the losing streak:

“We’re trying to make them understand what they need to do to win. It’s part of execution and really when the opportunity presents itself to make the play. That’s what they struggle with at times. They play good for a while, and then all of a sudden something happens, and they’re all looking at each other saying, ‘What could I have done?’ Well, it’s a process you go through with young guys. That’s what we’re dealing with right now. But I think what they understand is that we believe in them. They believe in the staff, and we’re going to keep coaching them. That’s all you can do at this point.”

On whether Edwards is facing pressure from within the organization:

“This organization is all in the same boat. We’re all going down the same road. That’s the way it was when we talked about it. We knew it was going to be tough. Did some people maybe think it wasn’t going to be this tough? Probably not. But it’s tough, very difficult.”

On Larry Johnson and his first 100-yard rushing game Sunday:

“I thought he ran fairly hard against Oakland and New England. But he made the big runs. That’s what we need out of him. The offensive line did a good job of blocking, too. They picked up some guys on the second level. He hit some creases. And he was able to run, and that’s good. That gets us going. That’s the thing about offense. You can kind of puddle along, puddle along. But you need an explosion play, whether in the passing game or the running game. You need some plays that kind of get you down the field some. When you can do that, you get energy. Everyone kind of gets energy off that thing. That’s what we’ve got to do more of.”

dj56dt58
09-23-2008, 10:53 PM
“This organization is all in the same boat. "

Hopefully that boat has a gigantic hole in it

FAX
09-23-2008, 10:54 PM
“... You’ve got to get open. You’ve got to beat man-to-man coverage. You’ve got to get rhythm in your offense. We’ve got to make some plays in the passing game. We’ve got to hit some passes. ....”

ROFL ROFL

I'm going to miss Herm.

FAX

TinyEvel
09-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Herm on Larry Johnson's first 100 yard rushing game..." You've got to establish the "run into the guard's buttcrack and fall down" running game to open up the "pitch out" running game...."

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
“... You’ve got to get open. You’ve got to beat man-to-man coverage. You’ve got to get rhythm in your offense. We’ve got to make some plays in the passing game. We’ve got to hit some passes. ....”

ROFL ROFL

I'm going to miss Herm.

FAX

Isn't he the greatest football mind ever; we should feel blessed that he is here to enlighten us and educate us with such profound and ingenius statements!

I know every time I hear him speak I feel like I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.

Come to think of it, Herm as a coach must be living a never ending Holiday Inn Express commercial.

"Herm how long you been a football coach?"

Herm: "Ohh, I am not a football coach, but I do live at a Holiday Inn Express! Now send the running back up the center's ass again!!"

Programmer
09-23-2008, 11:19 PM

ROFL ROFL

I'm going to miss Herm.

FAXI'm going to miss Herm too. I can tell you exactly how long I'll miss him.

Stick your hand in a full bucket of water.

Pull your hand out as quickly as you can.

The time it takes for the hole you leave to fill with water is exactly how long I will miss Hermcuff.

FAX
09-24-2008, 12:05 AM
I think you peeps may be either overlooking or ignoring the fact that this press conference represents an extremely important breakthrough moment for our team. We now know that, in order to correct the problems in the passing game, we need to hit some passes.

A couple of weeks ago, Herm said we were going back home and "try to figure out how to win a football game". By God, I think he's been working on it.

FAX

TrickyNicky
09-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Maybe with a little effort and intense 4 hour film sessions of successful teams, he'll learn that Touchdowns are better than field goals... Oh, who am I kidding?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Do you not play to win the game? Does that involved hitting some passes?

FAX
09-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Did you guys ever notice that macaroni looks a little like the letter, "C"?

Unless it's on its side, of course, then it looks like the letter, "U". Or, when two of them are smushed together, it looks a whole lot like the letter, "O".

It's too bad there aren't a lot of words you can spell with the letters, "C", "U", and "O" because peeps could save a lot of money on alphabet soup. And, with gas prices so high, that would be good. I guess you could chop up a couple with your spoon and kind of jam them together and you'd have a sort of wavy, "H". Then, you could spell stuff like "OUCH" and "CHOO CHOO" and a lot of Chinese names. Maybe that's why all those Chinese immigrants get rich over here because they're saving money on alphabet soup by using macaroni instead whereas the rest of us can't really get by with that. The bastards.

FAX

Mecca
09-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Herm proves about as much insight as someone who isn't with the team does.