PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How about this guy for a QB Coach?

Programmer
09-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Do you think Len Dawson could be effective coaching QB's?

Len called his own plays during his career, that in itself is a lost art.

I kind of wish the QB still called the plays. The game would be better.

Nightfyre
09-23-2008, 11:35 PM
I dunno if Dawson could be effective. He played in an entirely different era. I am all about the QB calling the plays at the line, however.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Why give up a cush radio and tv gig to coach where you can go from hero to goat? Same with Trent Green when he is done. These type threads are so stupid.

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2008, 11:37 PM
:spock:

Programmer
09-23-2008, 11:39 PM
:spock:

So you are totally sold on Curl?

How stupid are you?

cdcox
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I know that when I get to be 73, I'm gonna be looking to start a brand-new high-pressure career that demands 80 hour work weeks.

Programmer
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Why give up a cush radio and tv gig to coach where you can go from hero to goat? Same with Trent Green when he is done. These type threads are so stupid.

So you feel that Dawson isn't qualified?

Thanks for your input. :rolleyes:

Programmer
09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I know that when I get to be 73, I'm gonna be looking to start a brand-new high-pressure career that demands 80 hour work weeks.

When you get to be 73 you will probably be gumming your grits.

Dawson is still up on the game.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2008, 11:43 PM
So you feel that Dawson isn't qualified?

Thanks for your input. :rolleyes:

If I am a Hall of Fame QB I sure as hell wouldnt mess with coaching with a radio and tv gig. Use your freaking brain, I know its hard for you.

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
So you are totally sold on Curl?

How stupid are you?

Thinking Len Dawson would make a good QB coach or that he would even want the job = happy with Dick Curl?

You're a dumb****. Stay over in DC, your football thoughts do the unimaginable and outrank your moronic ideology on the stupid scale.

FAX
09-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Lenny knows the game of football, that much is certain. I don't know if he would have the patience to be a coach, though. Lately, he barely has sufficient patience to survive a game on the radio without suffering a coronary. It's always tempting to consider ex-players as coaches. I, for example, think Trent Green would probably be an excellent QB coach, although I'd rather have Steve DeBerg. Lenny, on the other hand, is the type of guy you probably want your quarterback to get to know over dinner and drinks which would be appealing to Lenny so long as the team was buying.

FAX

Dylan
09-24-2008, 12:38 AM
The more that I think about it -- Hiring an experienced coach might be the best way to go.

How many first time head coaches make it in the NFL? How long did it take to be successful? I am sure there will be a Web site to go to that will provide answers.

J/M/O

btlook1
09-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Thinking Len Dawson would make a good QB coach or that he would even want the job = happy with Dick Curl?

You're a dumb****. Stay over in DC, your football thoughts do the unimaginable and outrank your moronic ideology on the stupid scale.

Hammer time! well said well said!

kstater
09-24-2008, 03:38 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/PfaffVWseller/AwesomeThread.jpg

Programmer
09-24-2008, 05:26 AM
If I am a Hall of Fame QB I sure as hell wouldnt mess with coaching with a radio and tv gig. Use your freaking brain, I know its hard for you.

You know, I guess that you should find a QB coach that can do the job. It's obvious that Curl is not a QB coach that is worth shit.

Also, you are not a HOF QB that is interested in how well the team does. Dawson may never wnat to leave his current gig, but has anyone ever asked him?

I'd say that your ability to interpret football is far from the top of the pile as well. Maybe you would like to get a job that you would be well suited in, like selling peanuts for the Toledo Mudhens.

Programmer
09-24-2008, 05:29 AM

Your football acumen is only outweighed by your pompus attitude. You attack only because .... why is it you attack? I remember now, you are a retard that can't see that the Chiefs are in trouble on a very large scale. Our QB's don't seem to be able to find receivers.

I think you would be best served shutting the phuque up and going to stand in the corner.

phisherman
09-24-2008, 07:25 AM
follow your own advice there big guy.

Sully
09-24-2008, 07:30 AM
A) I can't imagine someone as old as him...who can't even remember the simplest names on his sportscasts...wouldn't even want to take such a high pressure job.

B) I know he's a HOF'er, and a KC icon, but I've never been terribly impressed with his knowledge of the current game. This isn;t the 1960s, and this is a much more complicated game. His commentary ranks about even with my wife (although, she knows a hell of a lot about football). He has basically 3-4 gripes that he spends every game bitching about, and they aren't even that legit.

C) QBs calling their own plays is good in spots (audibles, no-huddle from time to time), but when you have a support system of 5-10 guys (depending on the team) breaking down exactly what's going on each play, with the combo and disguised coverages, I think it makes far more sense for the OC to call the plays. I know the argument that QBs are on the field and "feel" what's going on, but how many things can they look at at one time? If they are handing off and completing a fake rollout, how can they see the play develop, etc?

Goapics1
09-24-2008, 07:34 AM
A) I can't imagine someone as old as him...who can't even remember the simplest names ...wouldn't even want to take such a high pressure job.

Are you talking about McCain?

Lonewolf Ed
09-24-2008, 07:55 AM
I am reminded of the saying "those who can't, teach." Do great players make great coaches? Steve DeBerg was a QB coach for the Giants (don't know if he is still coaching now though) and he was a good QB, not a great one. Was he good as a coach? Gary Kubiak was a career backup QB and he became an offensive coordinator then head coach of the Texans. It is easy to think someone would make a great coach, when in all probability they would not. I've heard people say George Brett should be the Royals batting coach. Just because one can do something does not mean one can show others how. Dick Curl, however, is not impressive... a new QB coach would be high on my list of changes this offseason.