PDA

View Full Version : Life Florida Executes Man Who Raped, Killed Two Young Sisters

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif STARKE, Fla. — A Florida man convicted of shooting two young sisters in the head after raping and shooting their mother was executed Tuesday after a two-hour delay while authorities awaited final rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court.
Richard "Ric Ric" Henyard, 34, was pronounced dead at 8:16 p.m. He had been condemned for the death of 7-year-old Jamilya Lewis and her 3-year-old sister, Jasmine.
The execution had been scheduled for 6 p.m. but did not start until 8:06 p.m. The doctor pronounced him dead 10 minutes later.
Henyard kept his eyes closed and appeared to be mouthing some words as the execution began, but he declined to make any final statement.
He appeared to be shaking and having a hard time breathing after the lethal injection was administered, and stopped moving a minute later.
The execution was the second under Gov. Charlie Crist.
Henyard and a younger accomplice carjacked Dorothy Lewis and her daughters outside a grocery store in the central Florida town of Eustis on the night of Jan. 30, 1993. Henyard, then 18, raped Lewis and then shot her multiple times at close range, but she survived. He then participated in the shooting deaths of her daughters after they cried out for their mother.
<!-- QUIGO --> <!-- QUIGO -->
Henyard ate most of his last meal -- two fried chicken breasts, turkey sausage, fried rice, chocolate chip cookies and a Coke, said Gretl Plessinger, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections.
In his 15 years on death row, Henyard only had one visitor. His godmother, Jacqueline Turner of Eustis, first visited him Friday but did not visit him as scheduled Tuesday, Plessinger said. Instead, a Muslim cleric visited Henyard.
Lewis, who talks about her ordeal as a pastor and motivational speaker in the Ocala area, has not responded to e-mails or telephone calls seeking comment on Henyard's pending execution.
"Today, I can truly say that I am no longer a victim, but I am victorious through the love of God," Lewis, now 51, wrote on a Web site, www.prayerforsexualtrauma.org (http://www.prayerforsexualtrauma.org).
Lewis and her daughters had gone to a Winn-Dixie about 10 p.m. when they were carjacked by Henyard and 14-year-old Alfonza Smalls.
Smalls repeatedly demanded that Lewis "shut the girls up" because they were crying.
At one point, Lewis beseeched Jesus for help and Henyard replied, "This ain't Jesus, this is Satan."
Henyard and Smalls raped Lewis before Henyard shot her in the leg, neck, mouth and between the eyes. She was rolled off the side of the road and left for dead.
As they were driven away by Henyard and Smalls, the girls yelled: "I want my Mommy! Mommy, Mommy!"
A short time later, the girls were taken from the car and killed with gunshot wounds to the head.
The day after the shooting, Henyard went to the Eustis Police Department and initially told a story implicating Smalls and another man. When police noticed bloodstains on his sock, he admitted helping abduct Lewis and her children. He also said he raped her and shot her. He said that he was present when the children were shot, but that he did not shoot them.
The Florida Supreme Court rejected all of Henyard's appeals Sept. 10, including his claim that Smalls was the shooter. The U.S. Supreme Court also denied two appeals filed last week.
A handwritten civil rights appeal filed by Henyard in federal court in Jacksonville was denied Tuesday. The appeal alleged the state's execution team lacks training and could cause a painful death if the IVs aren't properly inserted. That was the case during the December 2006 execution of Angel Diaz, who took more than twice as long as normal to die, triggering a moratorium that ended this year with new procedures for lethal injection.
The ruling was appealed to the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which affirmed the lower court's decision and denied a stay of execution.
Small was too young to face execution. He was sentenced to eight consecutive life sentences for the kidnapping, rape and murders.
Florida has executed 65 inmates since the execution of John Spenkelink in 1979, 21 by lethal injection and 44 by the electric chair. Pedophile Mark Dean Schwab was executed July 1 for the 1991 slaying of 11-year-old Junny Rios-Martinez.
There are 387 men and one woman on Florida's death row, and Crist has said he wants to begin executing those who committed the most heinous crimes after they complete their appeals.

Bwana
09-24-2008, 08:57 AM
No great loss.........

Rausch
09-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif STARKE, Fla. — A Florida man convicted of shooting two young sisters in the head after raping and shooting their mother was executed Tuesday after a two-hour delay while authorities awaited final rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court.
In his 15 years on death row, Henyard only had one visitor. His godmother, Jacqueline Turner of Eustis, first visited him Friday but did not visit him as scheduled Tuesday, Plessinger said. Instead, a Muslim cleric visited Henyard.

I'm not so math at good but methinks there was more than a 2 hour delay...

Gonzo
09-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote/ The Raiders are going all the way /Quote

Frazod
09-24-2008, 09:12 AM
All these years, untold thousands of tax dollars in legal fees, when this piece of shit should have been simply been led from the courtroom and tossed into the nearest woodchipper.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
necessary

but i see no reason to be happy about any of it ... completely tragic in every aspect.

rockymtnchief
09-24-2008, 09:15 AM
All these years, untold thousands of tax dollars in legal fees, when this piece of shit should have been simply been led from the courtroom and tossed into the nearest woodchipper.

Or sodomized with a cactus while the victims family beat him with Louisville Sluggers.

chasedude
09-24-2008, 09:15 AM

It costs less to house them for life than to execute them. :shake: It boogles the mind.

Rausch
09-24-2008, 09:17 AM

If you had tits you'd be my soulma-.......wait.......

tooge
09-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Should have done this to him, his buddy, and his entire family. Clear the freakin gene pool of this trash.

Donger
09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
necessary

but i see no reason to be happy about any of it ... completely tragic in every aspect.

I'm happy he is dead.

Rausch
09-24-2008, 09:19 AM
It costs less to house them for life than to execute them. :shake: It boogles the mind.

Since when?

Cut the line to a ****ing fan, plug it in any socket, split the wire, feed one end into each ear...

Frazod
09-24-2008, 09:21 AM

It wouldn't if I did it. Hell, I'd supply my own weapon and ammunition.

chasedude
09-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Since when?

Cut the line to a ****ing fan, plug it in any socket, split the wire, feed one end into each ear...

Shit, I'm with you both. I like the old west days. Sentenced to death was a hanging days after the trial. A rope can be pretty cheap.

ChiTown
09-24-2008, 09:30 AM

Weapon and ammunition?

Hell, give me a blow torch and a pair of pliers and I'm set to go all mid evil on his ass...............

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I think replacing his blood with gasoline while he was still alive would have been a good start.

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Weapon and ammunition?

Hell, give me a blow torch and a pair of pliers and I'm set to go all mid evil on his ass...............

whats mid evil?

LOL, medieval

Deberg_1990
09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
No petition to save his life??

Frazod
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Shit, I'm with you both. I like the old west days. Sentenced to death was a hanging days after the trial. A rope can be pretty cheap.

I'm not sure when executions stopped being public spectacles, but it was a mistake. IMO, seeing your homey twitching at the end of a rope with piss dripping off the tips of his shoes would present a strong message of MAYBE I SHOULD DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH MY LIFE.

ChiTown
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
whats mid evil?

LOL, medieval

Thanks, I knew I fkd that up after I read it.....oh, well.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 10:00 AM
No petition to save his life??

ROFL

Lzen
09-24-2008, 10:02 AM
necessary

The only things to not be happy about are the victims and the ridiculous amount of time and money it took to get to this.

Demonpenz
09-24-2008, 10:06 AM
We need to be tougher on the really bad crimes and lighten up on drug crimes

Rausch
09-24-2008, 10:16 AM
necessary

Justice has been served.

I'm not happy about the loss but I'm sure as hell ecstatic about the criminal pushing off...

Lzen
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
We need to be tougher on the really bad crimes and lighten up on drug crimes

Agreed....to a certain extent. Some drug crimes need to be tough.

Frazod
09-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Agreed....to a certain extent. Some drug crimes need to be tough.

I support legalizing most drugs and regulating their sale - this would deal a devastating blow to crime at both gang and mob levels. If some idiot wants to dope himself to death, let him.

But other crimes committed by druggies who use addiction as an excuse? Hang 'em high.

Demonpenz
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
unfortunately common sense doesn't apply hardly anything this day. Oddly enough this thread is so one one sided. I was going to attempt to bait people into a convo about being hey this guy should live, but this is the worst of the worst.

Deberg_1990
09-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure when executions stopped being public spectacles, but it was a mistake. IMO, seeing your homey twitching at the end of a rope with piss dripping off the tips of his shoes would present a strong message of MAYBE I SHOULD DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH MY LIFE.

Agreed. This part here always grinds my gears a little to:

"Henyard ate most of his last meal -- two fried chicken breasts, turkey sausage, fried rice, chocolate chip cookies and a Coke, said Gretl Plessinger, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections"

WTF?? I seriously doubt any of these A**holes give their victims this sort of courtesy.

Why the hell do was waste the time and money on these things???

xbarretx
09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
No great loss.........

was that a "The Stand" quote? :hmmm:

triple
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
a painless injection is too good for people like this.

he should at least have to ride the lightning :Bartee: :rockon:

Programmer
09-24-2008, 12:26 PM
necessary

So Laz, based on your comment I guess that you are Pro-Life?

SBK
09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Agreed. This part here always grinds my gears a little to:

"Henyard ate most of his last meal -- two fried chicken breasts, turkey sausage, fried rice, chocolate chip cookies and a Coke, said Gretl Plessinger, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections"

WTF?? I seriously doubt any of these A**holes give their victims this sort of courtesy.

Why the hell do was waste the time and money on these things???

I think they should have made his last meal Bubba's dick.

tyton75
09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
close, but his last meal should have been a C@ckmeat sandwich

chagrin
09-24-2008, 01:40 PM

it's called justice, look into it

Frazod
09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
it's called justice, look into it

Actually, justice would have been this animal getting raped and then riddled with bullets.

Programmer
09-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Actually, justice would have been this animal getting raped and then riddled with bullets.

Here's a first! I agree with frazod.

Frazod
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Here's a first! I agree with frazod.

Don't tell anybody.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 02:21 PM
So Laz, based on your comment I guess that you are Pro-Life?

Ha ha ha ROFL I can't wait to hear the answer.

FAX
09-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't see how this victim lady could even go on with her life after something this horrific. What if your wife were raped and shot and your children killed like this? It's unimaginable. I honestly think that, were something like that to happen to my family, if I didn't find a way to kill the guy myself, I'd come very close to it. I know that I would go completely mad.

This wasn't a mistake, or a crime of passion, or a case of diminished responsibility. This was the very definition of evil.

To my mind, death is insufficient punishment for someone like this. I don't know what the alternative is, but it isn't "life" ... and the lethal injection he received strikes me as overly compassionate, humane, and merciful. It's unfortunate, but retribution does have a role in the human experience and, if there were ever a case that warranted revenge, this is it.

FAX

blaise
09-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I hope he rots in hell.