PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony G is fed up with losing.

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Here is a link to a Tony G audio interview http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=348 (and a herm edwards interview) where he talks about maybe asking management to trade him. I feel bad for the guy. He says he loves being a chief but he gets tired of losing. Hopefully Carl can turn this ship around quickly so Tony can continue to be a Chief and have a chance at a superbowl.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Tony G said that a year ago. During the offseason he always tell us how this is the best Chiefs team ever. I never really listen to anything he says anymore.

petegz28
09-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Tony G said that a year ago. During the offseason he always tell us how this is the best Chiefs team ever. I never really listen to anything he says anymore.

Didn't you just post some puff-piece on how herm is taking the blame and such?

ROFL

TrickyNicky
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Man I wish I could make millions playing a game and have people feel sorry for me.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Didn't you just post some puff-piece on how herm is taking the blame and such?

ROFL

What does that have to do with anything?

petegz28
09-24-2008, 07:16 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

Anyone who can post such bullshit with a straight face should not be talking about someone else not being worthy of listening to them.

chiefforlife
09-24-2008, 07:16 PM

I'm sure he feels the same way about you.;)

FAX
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Tony holds the key to our future, Mr. GoChiefs. We had better listen to him. And listen good.

FAX

blackhawk
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Could TE Gonzalez play for another team?
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Tony Gonzalez

The topic came up Tuesday between an NFL Network reporter and a Chiefs official: Would Kansas City tight end Tony Gonzalez be willing to finish his career in another city, with another team, that had a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl?

Reporter thought yes, Chiefs official thought no.

Then, the question was posed to Gonzalez on Wednesday and he set the record straight. While it might not be the ideal scenario, he could see himself going to Chiefs management and requesting a trade to a Super-Bowl contender.

“Yeah. I definitely could, but I love being a Chief,” Gonzalez said Wednesday. “But if it was something where it was going to take three or four years or whatever before they get this thing right, I think it would be in their best interest to maybe see what they can get and send me off.

“But I love being a Chief and I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else at this point. At the end of this season, hopefully I don’t have to ask that. Hopefully we get this thing turned around. I’ve got a family now. I came here when I just turned 21, so this is home. That’s where I’m at right now with that.”

It makes sense. A rebuilding Chiefs team gets a first-day draft pick in return for a tight end that is only going to play another couple of seasons. Gonzalez knows what a delicate subject it is. He handled his answer just the right way.

But know this: The losing has to be driving him mad. He hasn’t won a playoff game as a member of the Chiefs. Nor has linebacker Donnie Edwards, who could be another candidate Kansas City could consider trading. If Kansas City can get fair value for Gonzalez and/or Edwards, they are deals the Chiefs should think long and hard about.

homey
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
The right thing to do is to trade him to a contender, he doesn't deserve this. Our organization isn't concerned with winning right now. Get that ring Tony.

pr_capone
09-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Nor has linebacker Donnie Edwards, who could be another candidate Kansas City could consider trading.

What would we get for Donnie?

My guess is a tube of Pringles and a half used jar of Vasoline.

TrickyNicky
09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Donnie Edwards has trade value?

If Tony wants to go and we can get a 3rd rounder or above for him, why not. That said, winning teams don't usually trade top picks for 32+ players.

sedated
09-24-2008, 08:03 PM
What would we get for Donnie?

My guess is a tube of Pringles and a half used jar of Vasoline.

you had me at "tube"

rtmike
09-24-2008, 08:38 PM
What a shame. At the end of the 'view when they asked him about possibly approaching management for a trade there was absolutely zero hesitation in his voice when he answered.

I don't know that it's fair to say he knew rebuilding was around the corner when he signed the extension. IMO if he knew the roster was going to be blown up like it has he would have left then.

Silock
09-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I never really listen to anything he says anymore.

Now you know how we feel whenever you post.

TEX
09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
The Chiefs are so sorry that there will soon come a time when Tony G. will be worth more to them as trade bait. It's what happens to great players when their GM and HC turn their team into a bunch of sorry ass losers. :shake:

jAZ
09-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I argued at the time we resigned Tony that we should have let him go or traded his rights elsewhere. I thought we needed his money at other positions.

At this point, it seems we have mostly just wated his career here.

He earned his paycheck over the years and I never doubted he would, but for us (annd in hindsight, for him) I think it was a mistake to pay him to stay in KC.

Fairplay
09-24-2008, 11:14 PM
He chose to stay in KC. They gave him an offer and he signed.

I always thought he should go somewhere that could make it to the Superbowl.

Oh well. He made his choice. Not like they had a gun to his head to sign the contract. Hes a grown man.

ChiefJustice
09-25-2008, 03:10 AM
I argued at the time we resigned Tony that we should have let him go or traded his rights elsewhere. I thought we needed his money at other positions.

At this point, it seems we have mostly just wated his career here.

He earned his paycheck over the years and I never doubted he would, but for us (annd in hindsight, for him) I think it was a mistake to pay him to stay in KC.

I respect players who remain loyal to an organization or a city despite
the adversity and the bad times.As much as I want to see TG win a ring,I also wanted Shields to get one as well.

That won't keep either of those players out of Canton.

That has to count for something.

Micjones
09-25-2008, 03:14 AM
I think most NFL players would take a Canton enshrinement over winning an NFL championship so ultimately I think he'll be satisfied once all is said and done. He'll be revered as one, if not the best, to ever play Tight End in the NFL.

Hopefully we can get things turned around and get him a ring though.

ChiefJustice
09-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Grbac won a ring.

GrBAC!!!

I only wish that Carl had let T-Rich retire as a Chief.

Red Brooklyn
09-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I want Tony to get his ring. I really do. But I also really want him to spend his entire career with this organization. And it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to have it both ways anytime soon...

it just makes me sick to think that Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson might still be around after one of the greatest players in the history of the organization has gone. Makes me want to choke... God, I don't even want to think about Tony G leaving... why do we have to suck so badly? I'm in it for the long haul, and I don't mind taking some lumps, but... this... :Lin:

Bwana
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Welcome the our world Tony G.

XOXOXO

The fans

Bugeater
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Grbac won a ring.

GrBAC!!!
Uhhh...no he didn't.

Brock
09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Uhhh...no he didn't.

He owns one, anyway.

Red Brooklyn
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
He owns one, anyway.

Does he really? When did he get a ring?

Bugeater
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
He owns one, anyway.

How? He went to the Ravens the year after they won the SB.

Brock
09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
How? He went to the Ravens the year after they won the SB.

His rookie year with the 49ers.

Bugeater
09-25-2008, 11:23 AM
His rookie year with the 49ers.

:doh!:

penguinz
09-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I only wish that Carl had let T-Rich retire as a Chief.T-Rich chose to go elsewhere.