PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DeMorrio Williams to start @ Will Linebacker

evolve27
09-24-2008, 11:02 PM
----Demorrio Williams-LB- Chiefs Sep. 25 - 12:32 am et

Demorrio Williams will be the Chiefs' starting weak-side linebacker while Donnie Edwards (ankle) is sidelined.

Edwards is out through K.C.'s Week 6 bye. Williams is highly athletic and could run down more ball carriers than Edwards, who's lost several steps.

Source: Kansas City Star

Also, while I'm at it:

----Dwayne Bowe-WR- Chiefs Sep. 24 - 8:39 pm et

Dwayne Bowe is currently leading the NFL in targets.

Once he fixes that embarrassing catch rate (44%), Bowe's explosion should begin. Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush are tied for second with 32 looks. Brandon Marshall (31) is impressively fourth despite having sat out a game.

suds79
09-24-2008, 11:04 PM

Demorrio Williams will be the Chiefs' starting weak-side linebacker while Donnie Edwards (ankle) is sidelined.

Edwards is out through K.C.'s Week 6 bye. Williams is highly athletic and could run down more ball carriers than Edwards, who's lost several steps.

:clap: About time.

Thig Lyfe
09-24-2008, 11:10 PM
http://www.globalspec.com/NpaPics/87/115123_040220045749_ExhibitPic.jpg

TrickyNicky
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Bowe is leading in targets? Wow. He really needs eye transplants.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Does Williams still have his cast on?

morphius
09-25-2008, 12:11 AM
now if McIntosh would do the honorable thing and injure himself...

Mecca
09-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Lets hope he's smarter than DJ is.

SBK
09-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I wonder if he can tackle. If he can we'll have 1 LB that can on the field now.

SoCalBronco
09-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Lets hope he's smarter than DJ is.

Derrick Johnson is a terrific linebacker and the Chiefs best defensive player. I dont know why you guys rag on him. He's the second best 4-3 OLB in the division behind DJ Williams (who is playing at a Pro Bowl level this year). Johnson is an amazing talent that Chiefs fans do not appreciate properly, IMO.

Mecca
09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Derrick Johnson is a terrific linebacker and the Chiefs best defensive player. I dont know why you guys rag on him. He's the second best 4-3 OLB in the division behind DJ Williams (who is playing at a Pro Bowl level this year). Johnson is an amazing talent that Chiefs fans do not appreciate properly, IMO.

Maybe if he didn't make rookie mistakes he wouldn't get ragged on....he disappears, makes dumb mistakes. Either he is the poorest coached player ever from college and the NFL or he's retarded, or maybe a little of both.

SBK
09-25-2008, 01:12 AM

He looks great on tv. When you're at the game you don't realize how bad he really is.

I honestly don't care if we let him go this year instead of resigning him. He whiffed on so many plays last week, and was out of position for so many more. He's grossly overrated.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 01:16 AM
He looks great on tv. When you're at the game you don't realize how bad he really is.

I honestly don't care if we let him go this year instead of resigning him. He whiffed on so many plays last week, and was out of position for so many more. He's grossly overrated.

I personally think he's in the wrong scheme. He can be a Cover 2 backer, but he'd be a much better player in a scheme where he was used more in a downhill capacity. He's a very good blitzer.

BigRock
09-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Maybe if he didn't make rookie mistakes he wouldn't get ragged on....he disappears, makes dumb mistakes. Either he is the poorest coached player ever from college and the NFL or he's retarded, or maybe a little of both.

*OR* maybe there are some people on Chiefsplanet who watch a guy screw up on a play and NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT IT EVER.

SBK
09-25-2008, 01:36 AM
I personally think he's in the wrong scheme. He can be a Cover 2 backer, but he'd be a much better player in a scheme where he was used more in a downhill capacity. He's a very good blitzer.

I think of LaVar Arrington. Very gifted, but kind of does his own thing. Some 3-4 team should pick him up and let him be a dumb LT type guy who just blitzes cause he don't know what's going on.

ferrarispider95
09-25-2008, 01:42 AM
DJ has flashes on being a stud, can wrap up anyone in the backfield, but has regressed so far this year. He should be tearing it up this year as we are getting better DT play, but the linebackers as a whole are playing awful. Kinda makes you wish you had kawika back.

I blame it on Gunther and retarded personnel decisions. Hopefully it will turn around this week, because we know the guy is a playmaker. Would be nice to pick up the stud out of USC, but with the 1st pick you gotta take a qb.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 01:45 AM
First off, I think we all know he's gotten shit for coaching so far. Second, I haven't seen him freelancing, like Arrington did, he's often caught out of position, though. He could be dumb as a sack of hammers, I'm not really sure. He comes off as a normal football player to me. Probably got a 17 on his ACT and a 15 on the Wonderlic.

btlook1
09-25-2008, 01:52 AM

Well said Mecca, I think he could be a great one with the right personnel around him. I pretty sure if we let him go we will get better fast with another team! I say we keep him!

Mecca
09-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Derrick Johnson sums up alot of Texas draft picks, tons of potential that they never live up to, I think that goes back to never getting coaching worth a shit in college.

Micjones
09-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Johnson's a head-scratcher.
He definitely flashes the potential to be a Pro Bowler, but he tends to follow up great performances with a disappearing act. This position switch hasn't gone well early.

Though I do think a more aggressive scheme would help him.
Hell it would help the defense overall. This is the wrong scheme for the kind of defensive players we have.

KCJohnny
09-25-2008, 06:53 AM

As much as it pains me to agree with 'Hamas' Jenkins, I am really not a fan of Cover 2 with this current personnel group. Either this scheme is just plain wrong for KC or our talent is worse than the 2002 _efense. I hate to bring up the bad old days but DV/Gun's D is actually looking pretty good compared to this year's model. It would be convenient to blame the young DBs but they are actually making all the tackles.

Rooster
09-25-2008, 09:01 AM
*OR* maybe there are some people on Chiefsplanet who watch a guy screw up on a play and NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT IT EVER.

Pretty much. If a player doesn't have his name said on Sports Center every day then he sucks. That's the genious of the planet.:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 09:17 AM
then put Donnie at middle linebacker when he comes back

Demonpenz
09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Dj at DE

evolve27
09-25-2008, 09:25 AM
then put Donnie at middle linebacker when he comes back

I think what Donnie has going for him is that he's a ball hawk, excellent arm tackler, but his agility, speed, acceleration have declined to a point that he can't contain runs or make the runner cut back in and might just be suited for the MLB to stop the runs between the tackles and watch the entire field to see the play develop, using some veteran knowledge and call the plays to communicate with Cu*nther. If we had a QB on our roster Rey Mauluga would be a golden pick.

The Franchise
09-25-2008, 09:29 AM
I think what Donnie has going for him is that he's a ball hawk, excellent tackler, but his agility, speed, acceleration have declined to a point that he can't contain runs or make the runner cut back in and might just be suited for the MLB to stop the runs between the tackles and watch the entire field to see the play develop, using some veteran knowledge and call the plays to communicate with Cu*nther. If we had a QB on our roster Rey Mauluga would be a golden pick.

Donnie is an excellent tackler? By excellent tackler do you mean getting drug for 5 yards by a RB?

evolve27
09-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Donnie is an excellent tackler? By excellent tackler do you mean getting drug for 5 yards by a RB?

I meant excellent arm tackler. Actually on one play I did see him make textbook tackle, wrapping up the ankles, legs and such...Pat Thomas got drug like noneother by the Burner.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2008, 10:30 AM

Also, while I'm at it:

Once he fixes that embarrassing catch rate (44%), Bowe's explosion should begin. Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush are tied for second with 32 looks. Brandon Marshall (31) is impressively fourth despite having sat out a game.

where do you find these stats? i know there has to be a site for stats like 'pancakes' 'drops' and "targets"

evolve27
09-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Also, while I'm at it:

where do you find these stats? i know there has to be a site for stats like 'pancakes' 'drops' and "targets"

I got it from Rotoworld. Dunno where they got it from, would be an interesting find, the closest I could think of would be www.fftoday.com

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2007&GameWeek=&PosID=30

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
kcrockaholic4life = Fail at quoting

PunkinDrublic
09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
What's frustrating is the way the Chiefs have completely whiffed on picking up a FA linebacker. Hopefully we can find one in the draft. Gunther really has worn out his welcome and needs to go at the end of the season.

PunkinDrublic
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Given the choice I'd rather whiff drafting linebackers then throwing money away on these deadbeats we currently have on our roster.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 11:15 AM
What's frustrating is the way the Chiefs have completely whiffed on picking up a FA linebacker. Hopefully we can find one in the draft. Gunther really has worn out his welcome and needs to go at the end of the season.

are they really whiffing or our they putting any FA they get into a doomed situation?

evolve27
09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Given the choice I'd rather whiff drafting linebackers then throwing money away on these deadbeats we currently have on our roster.

If Croyle pans out, we should go after Chase Daniel and:

PunkinDrublic
09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
are they really whiffing or our they putting any FA they get into a doomed situation?

Maybe I'm wrong but if our D line is as improved as it's supposed to be it should be putting our linebackers in a position to make plays. Who knows I'm not an expert about defense?

PunkinDrublic
09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
If Croyle pans out, we should go after Chase Daniel and:

I wouldn't take Chase Daniels due to size but yeah if the Rams draft ahead of us and get Stafford I would absolutely pull the trigger on Malauga.

evolve27
09-25-2008, 11:23 AM

If Scott Fujita or Kawika Mitchell mean anything then I would say doom and piss poor coaching personnel.

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 11:27 AM
To sum up this thread: Ditch the ****ing Tampa 2.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Um, Donnie plays SLB...

suds79
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
When does Gunther start to face the grunt of the blame?

He just had to take over coaching the Lbers this year and it appears to me that they've regressed.

DJ IMO isn't even closely representing the level of play he was last year.