PDA

View Full Version : Football What if: Bulger is unhappy in St. Louis....hmmm.

BigVE
09-26-2008, 09:42 PM
He would be a major upgrade, he's not that old and he has said that he absolutely does NOT want to play for Linehan anymore. IF a trade were possible (maybe no more than a 3rd rounder) I would be for it. Even though we USED to be Ram's West with Vermeil I think that it could happen. (I'm a bit tipsy and delusional but it sounds feasable.)

Marc Bulger: Not Happy With Linehan

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aia4ZAIkicRipblDps7HgUQH8sMF/SIG=11nlu3jf0/**http%3A//www.rotowire.com/users/ad_jump.asp%3Fid=999)

Update: Bulger reportedly does not want to play for head coach Scott Linehan any longer, the Post-Dispatch reports.
Recommendation: Unidentified team sources gave P-D that information but it could be the water boy for all we know. Clearly the relationship between the embattled coach and Bulger took a turn for the worse this week when a healthy Bulger was benched in favor of Trent Green (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2547/;_ylt=AkT4aXIzvRO7teXV6yjl6SUH8sMF). Bulger has refused to comment publicly but his star running back Steven Jackson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players;_ylt=AoHSvX1EM5cX_ta7b17.Dw8H8sMF?type=lastname&first=1&query=Steven+Jackson&q=Steven+Jackson) has saying, “He’s our general. You don’t pay someone $60-something million and then sit him on the bench” (Bulger was signed to a $65 million contract extension prior to the 2007 season.) Jackson went on to add that “I’m not the only one who feels this way”, obviously referencing other teammates who feel Bulger is getting the short end of the stick. It is starting to appear that Linehan has lost almost all his players and his ouster from the head coaching position may be only days away.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Herm > Linehan

gblowfish
09-26-2008, 09:54 PM
NEVER. He's Steve Bono all over again.

BigVE
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM

Really? I don't remember Bono being a pro-bowler. He would be better than anyone we have had since Trent.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Why the **** would we want a 31 year old quarterback who would require a decent return to be leading this squad of youngsters and ****ups?

Frazod
09-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Linehan could get whacked at any moment. I don't think Bulger not wanting to play for him will be much of an issue.

BigVE
09-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Why the **** would we want a 31 year old quarterback who would require a decent return to be leading this squad of youngsters and ****ups?

Oh, you must be new to KC...we have Damon F'ing Huard starting this weekend, he was preceeded by Tyler F'n Thigpen with an occasional appearance by a wr/qb named Hagans who recently got CUT! To make matters worse, Brody F'n Croyle is our regular starter *(no kidding) and he is injured AGAIN and won't be back to IMPROVE our QB situation for a little while. Keep up noob. :) ;) Duh.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not sold on Bulger at all. He's a system QB at this point that was SURROUNDED by talent. Look what he's doing with a ragtag group of youngsters pretty similar to ours? Would the results be that different? The salary would.

triple
09-26-2008, 10:04 PM
it wouldn't be a bad acquisition in the offseason. I think he's only 30, he's accurate, proven in the league. the Bono comparison is ludicrous. it would be the biggest possible upgrade we could make at one position in the offseason.

BigVE
09-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm not sold on Bulger at all. He's a system QB at this point that was SURROUNDED by talent. Look what he's doing with a ragtag group of youngsters pretty similar to ours? Would the results be that different? The salary would.

I hear ya'. At least Bulger has shown something positive in the past, he has shown that he is tough too. I'm getting desperate.

FAX
09-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Is that a Bulger or are you just happy to have a quarterback?

FAX

el borracho
09-26-2008, 10:16 PM
a. If it is a decision between Bulger and Linehan I'm guessing the Rams keep Bulger.
b. I'm not really interested in Bulger if his big, fat contract comes with him (which it would).

Face it, Chiefs fans, we are toast this year and will be spending either our 1st or 2nd pick on a QB next year (and we had better hope like mad that we select the right one).

BigVE
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
a. If it is a decision between Bulger and Linehan I'm guessing the Rams keep Bulger.
b. I'm not really interested in Bulger if his big, fat contract comes with him (which it would).

Face it, Chiefs fans, we are toast this year and will be spending either our 1st or 2nd pick on a QB next year (and we had better hope like mad that we select the right one).

Stafford would be the only one I would be satisfied with at this point. Sanchez showed he has a ways to go. (cue mecca to defend the USC guy)

el borracho
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
... it would be the biggest possible upgrade we could make at one position in the offseason.

Actually, firing Herm and hiring anyone with the football smarts of a pet rock or above would be the biggest possible upgrade.

Taco John
09-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Bulger would be a decent acquisition, but only if you drafted a QB in round one to learn under him. Hell, I though Huard would fill that role, with Brodie learning from the bench for two full years while on a bulking up program. I said it then, and I believe it now: it was a huge mistake to start Croyle so early. The kid had potential, but now he's damaged goods.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh, you must be new to KC...we have Damon F'ing Huard starting this weekend, he was preceeded by Tyler F'n Thigpen with an occasional appearance by a wr/qb named Hagans who recently got CUT! To make matters worse, Brody F'n Croyle is our regular starter *(no kidding) and he is injured AGAIN and won't be back to IMPROVE our QB situation for a little while. Keep up noob. :) ;) Duh.Yeah, our current QBs suck. Doesn't explain why we should overpay for someone who would bring us from "godawful" to "bad" and then need to be replaced by the time we're ready to contend.

Bulger would be a decent acquisition, but only if you drafted a QB in round one to learn under him. Hell, I though Huard would fill that role, with Brodie learning from the bench for two full years while on a bulking up program. I said it then, and I believe it now: it was a huge mistake to start Croyle so early. The kid had potential, but now he's damaged goods.Croyle was always damaged goods. The hope was that he would magically morph from being made of glass to something a little more durable.

TrebMaxx
09-26-2008, 10:20 PM
To think Bulger is not happy now, just think how his attitude would be playing in this "Hermcuffed" offense.

BigVE
09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, our current QBs suck. Doesn't explain why we should overpay for someone who would bring us from "godawful" to "bad" and then need to be replaced by the time we're ready to contend.

Bulger is 30 or 31 at the most....just HOW long do think it's going to take for us to contend????

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Serious question: How can we possibly draft a QB in the off-season if Herm returns as coach?

Does even the most staunch Edwards supporter believe he'll last 2 more years? Then, when a new regime is brought in, what if they're not fans of the guy whom the Herm folks drafted? Big problems...

Molitoth
09-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Bulger had a good year on a decent team. He's only an upgrade for this seasons shitty expectations.

Agent V
09-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Herm > Linehan
Pig excrement > Herm > Linehan

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Serious question: How can we possibly draft a QB in the off-season if Herm returns as coach?

How can we not? Regardless of the coach, we need a quarterback. Take one. If he's what he's supposed to be, the new regime won't dump him.

el borracho
09-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Stafford would be the only one I would be satisfied with at this point. Sanchez showed he has a ways to go. (cue mecca to defend the USC guy)
Well, I didn't watch the USC game but certainly one bad game shouldn't define and condemn him. He may need time but that is probably true of whatever QB we will bring in. The important thing will be to have the proper coaching staff in place to develop him (not the case, currently).

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I'd rather steal Paul Smith off the Jags practice squad. Same as Bulger only much cheaper.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 10:41 PM
How can we not? Regardless of the coach, we need a quarterback. Take one. If he's what he's supposed to be, the new regime won't dump him.

Because most are "system" guys. If he's a true, legit franchise guy, then you're right. How many such players are in the league? 2-4?

Perhaps I've been a Chiefs fan for so long that I'm skeptical of this organization's ability to get this player.

el borracho
09-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Bulger would be a decent acquisition, but only if you drafted a QB in round one to learn under him. Hell, I though Huard would fill that role, with Brodie learning from the bench for two full years while on a bulking up program. I said it then, and I believe it now: it was a huge mistake to start Croyle so early. The kid had potential, but now he's damaged goods.

No, it was the right time to start Croyle. It wouldn't matter how developed he was mentally- he just can't take the physical abuse and that is not something that is going to change.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I'd rather steal Paul Smith off the Jags practice squad. Same as Bulger only much cheaper.

Who?

el borracho
09-26-2008, 10:46 PM

Does even the most staunch Edwards supporter believe he'll last 2 more years? Then, when a new regime is brought in, what if they're not fans of the guy whom the Herm folks drafted? Big problems...

Well, we will have to acquire some new QBs next year because every one of the 2008 bunch have proven they aren't the guy. Anyway, all of the current bunch will probably be dead in another few weeks so, talented or no, we will need some new ones.

Any new management and coaching staff can make their own decision. Nobody- not even Matt Millen- would discard a talented QB before exhausting the possibility that he could be the guy.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Well, we will have to acquire some new QBs next year because every one of the 2008 bunch have proven they aren't the guy. Anyway, all of the current bunch will probably be dead in another few weeks so, talented or no, we will need some new ones.

Any new management and coaching staff can make their own decision. Nobody- not even Matt Millen- would discard a talented QB before exhausting the possibility that he could be the guy.

My fear is that a rookie QB means at least two more years of Herm, when this front office and coaching staff need to be purged.

I would like to think that a new GM would be receptive to any players still on the roster, but I definitely DON'T want someone hired BECAUSE he likes anyone we have. I believe it would be naive to think that Clark, after cutting a $35 mil check might not do some digging to make sure anyone he brings in loves the rookie, which isn't the best approach.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 10:52 PM
My fear is that a rookie QB means at least two more years of Herm, when this front office and coaching staff need to be purged.

You better hope Croyle comes back and plays well, then. If he does, he'll start again in 2009. That's your only hope to get Herm out of here by 2010.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 10:55 PM
You better hope Croyle comes back and plays well, then. If he does, he'll start again in 2009. That's your only hope to get Herm out of here by 2010.

Maybe.

I think this team is going to be historically bad, however. Likely the worst Chiefs team, ever. A stretch of 0-22 under Herm might just do the trick.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Maybe.

I think this team is going to be historically bad, however. Likely the worst Chiefs team, ever. A stretch of 0-22 under Herm might just do the trick.

Won't happen.

As soon as this rough patch is over people are going to start being optimistic. The last 6 games or so we're really going to start showing signs of being a good football team. There's too much talent out there. I bet we go 4-2 the last 6 games!

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Won't happen.

As soon as this rough patch is over people are going to start being optimistic. The last 6 games or so we're really going to start showing signs of being a good football team. There's too much talent out there. I bet we go 4-2 the last 6 games!

I couldn't disagree more. This isn't a rough patch. This is the Chiefs.

Is there some talent? Yes, of course. Much of this is on the defensive side, however, and the offense is going to keep putting them on the field, thus obscuring said talent when the the players tire.

This is a 2-14 team, at best, with 1-15 more likely.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I couldn't disagree more.

Is there some talent? Yes, of course. Much of this is on the defensive side, however, and the offense is going to keep putting them on the field, thus obscuring said talent when the the players tire.

I think the offense will pick up when Croyle comes back. We're already showing signs of life in the running game.

I know it looks bad now, but it will get better. Tyler Thigpen is making this whole team look bad.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I'd rather steal Paul Smith off the Jags practice squad. Same as Bulger only much cheaper.I wholeheartedly endorse this idea.

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Maybe.

This is already the worst Chiefs team ever. Show me another Chiefs 12 game losing streak.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:05 PM
I think the offense will pick up when Croyle comes back. We're already showing signs of life in the running game.

I know it looks bad now, but it will get better. Tyler Thigpen is making this whole team look bad.

For the 2 quarters that he's on the field, you might be right. Then he'll trip over a lineman and be out for another 4 weeks.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:06 PM
This is already the worst Chiefs team ever. Show me another Chiefs 12 game losing streak.

There were some real ****ing turds in the 80's, so I'm hedging since the season is still pretty fresh. This team has much more quit in it, and this place will be laughable on Sunday at around 3:00.

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I wholeheartedly endorse this idea.

Except Herm isn't smart enough to do it. He tries Haggans and Englebert instead.

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 11:10 PM
There were some real ****ing turds in the 80's, so I'm hedging since the season is still pretty fresh. This team has much more quit in it, and this place will be laughable on Sunday at around 3:00.

There were some turds in the 80's. I was a season ticket holder in '86 and '87. But none of them lost 12 straight (and counting)

okcchief
09-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I wholeheartedly endorse this idea.

I third that. I followed him at Tulsa and he is a very solid player. The Chiefs starting a dipshit like Thigpen while a guy like Paul Smith is on the Jags practice squad baffles me. Really, it just reinforces the fact that this organization has no ****ing clue right now.

No ****ing way in hell this team wins 4 or their last 6 Claythan.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:13 PM
There were some turds in the 80's. I was a season ticket holder in '86 and '87. But none of them lost 12 straight (and counting)

You're not going to get an argument from me. I'm just being overly cautious.

When I saw an NFL team run the option, the ****ing option!, in the first series of a game, when the plays are ****ing scripted!, I wanted to see Herm dismissed.

el borracho
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM

You don't know that. The Chiefs are not just a local embarrassment this year- they are a national joke. Herm may very well lead us to 1-15 this year, giving Herm a career 53-75 record. Hunt already said he expected results this year. How in the hell could a career loser head coach orchestrate the worst record and worst run in decades, fail to meet the stated goal of the owner and not be on the fast track out of town?

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:18 PM
You don't know that. The Chiefs are not just a local embarrassment this year- they are a national joke. Herm may very well lead us to 1-15 this year, giving Herm a career 53-75 record. Hunt already said he expected results this year. How in the hell could a career loser head coach orchestrate the worst record and worst run in decades, fail to meet the stated goal of the owner and not be on the fast track out of town?

On paper, the most likely win at this point is the Bengals game, the final game of the year.

This team won't win a road game. No way. No how. So I expect for KC to be playing for history against the 'Nati.

el borracho
09-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Croyle probably is better than Thigpen but there is no reason to believe that Croyle will lead us to anything meaningful. He is 0-7 and has been injured in 3 of those starts. Anyway, this team is historically bad. It isn't all Thigpen's fault.

el borracho
09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
No ****ing way in hell this team wins 4 or their last 6 Claythan.

heh. 4 of the last 6 is pure poppycock.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Bulger would be an excellent QB to bring in while Stafford learns the position for two years.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Bulger would be an excellent QB to bring in while Stafford learns the position for two years.

Not a bad idea. I'll take Anderson since he's bigger, however. He should be able to take more hits, thus not exposing the rook to unnecessary punishment.

el borracho
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM
On paper, the most likely win at this point is the Bengals game, the final game of the year.

This team won't win a road game. No way. No how. So I expect for KC to be playing for history against the 'Nati.

We do get the Raidurrs again. They aren't much better than us and may not have a head coach when we play them next. As things are that looks to be our best shot, IMO.

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM

Just more Claythan crap. But he'll still hang around here even after another of his ignorant predictions flop.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:26 PM
We do get the Raidurrs again. They aren't much better than us and may not have a head coach when we play them next. As things are that looks to be our best shot, IMO.

So you like our chances at Raiders more? As long as they still have running backs at that point, I'd say we're ****ed.

Gameplan? **** it. Run mother****, run.

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 11:31 PM

I think 15 losses to start a season would be historical. Tampa Bay only lost 14 in a season.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I think 15 losses to start a season would be historical. Tampa Bay only lost 14 in a season.

Good point. Yes, it would be. But TB lost 26 in a row, however. NFL record. Not sure if we're that good.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 11:35 PM

Look at the schedule.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Look at the schedule.

Most people had Oak at home and Atl on the road as victories, too. You're in Da Nile.

Skip Towne
09-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Look at the schedule.

Look at the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 11:40 PM
You're looking at the September Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Most people had Oak at home and Atl on the road as victories, too. You're in Da Nile.

Most people thought Thigpen would be picking splinters out of his ass.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Most people thought Thigpen would be picking splinters out of his ass.

Most people didn't think Croyle wouldn't be in a splint?

For the sake of argument, what's Croyle's record as a starter again? 0-7? 0-9? I'm sensing a trend...

the Talking Can
09-26-2008, 11:51 PM

yeah, it ain't the worst idea....though it would be a ton of cash at the position...

el borracho
09-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Look at the schedule.

Ok, let's look at the schedule:
11/23/08 Buffalo Bills 12:00 PM CBS*
11/30/08 at Oakland Raiders 3:15 PM CBS*
12/07/08 at Denver Broncos 3:05 PM CBS*
12/14/08 San Diego Chargers 12:00 PM CBS*
12/21/08 Miami Dolphins 12:00 PM CBS*
12/28/08 at Cincinnati Bengals 12:00 PM CBS*

Which are the four teams that you think we will beat?

Bills?-Nope.
at Oakland?-Maybe.
at Denver?-Nope.
Chargers?-Nope.
Dolphins?- Seemed likely a few weeks ago but looks unlikely now. With an abundance of charity and hope, I'll still say maybe.
at Cincinnati?-Again with the charity and hope, maybe.

So there are three maybes but no gimmes. Croyle may help but I really doubt if he and his 0-7 record and his proclivity for injury come back to win 4 of those 6 games.

DeezNutz
09-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Ok, let's look at the schedule:
11/23/08 Buffalo Bills 12:00 PM CBS*
11/30/08 at Oakland Raiders 3:15 PM CBS*
12/07/08 at Denver Broncos 3:05 PM CBS*
12/14/08 San Diego Chargers 12:00 PM CBS*
12/21/08 Miami Dolphins 12:00 PM CBS*
12/28/08 at Cincinnati Bengals 12:00 PM CBS*

Which are the four teams that you think we will beat?

Bills?-Nope.
at Oakland?-Maybe.
at Denver?-Nope.
Chargers?-Nope.
Dolphins?- Seemed likely a few weeks ago but looks unlikely now. With an abundance of charity and hope, I'll still say maybe.
at Cincinnati?-Again with the charity and hope, maybe.

So there are three maybes but no gimmes. Croyle may help but I really doubt if he and his 0-7 record and his proclivity for injury come back to win 4 of those 6 games.

Well, if I didn't completely screw the pooch earlier. I thought the Bengals came to Arrowhead. Yikes. Miami? Maybe...

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I think Buffalo, Oakland, Miami and Cincy are all winnable games.

And you never know - we could steal one against San Diego.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM

Buffalo will beat the piss out of us. They are better in every phase of the game.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Buffalo will beat the piss out of us. They are better in every phase of the game.

Larry Johnson averages more yards per carry than Marshawn Lynch!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2008, 12:28 AM

Marshawn Lynch hasn't played the Chiefs yet.

blueballs
09-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Linehan is suppose to get the ax
after sundays' game
according to Raider lover JT the brick

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2008, 01:21 AM
Marshawn Lynch hasn't played the Chiefs yet.BEAST MODE 5000

okcchief
09-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Most people thought Thigpen would be picking splinters out of his ass.a

Buffalo loss
Oakland slight chance at win if vastly improved.
Denver loss
San Diego loss
Miami is better than us now and will be better than us at the end of the year. Loss.
Cinncy possibility.

If the Chiefs start playing well and these teams stop caring we would win 2-3 at absolute best. IMO this is a 2-3 win team for the season and that is probably being generous. I'm hoping for 0-16 at this point because I think it is the only thing embarassing enough to get Clark to clean house. I have been a Chiefs fan for thirty years and have never rooted agaisnt them regardless. This year I feel it's best for the franchise.

chagrin
09-27-2008, 04:52 AM

that's flawed, his total carries are much less right?

InvinciBill
09-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Really? I don't remember Bono being a pro-bowler.

1995. just sayin.

Bwana
09-27-2008, 07:03 AM
No Thanks......

milkman
09-27-2008, 07:11 AM
that's flawed, his total carries are much less right?

LJ has 58 carries for 217 yards for 3.7 ypc.
Lynch has 60 carries for 218 yards for 3.6 ypc.

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Every time a story like this breaks, Chiefs fans are all over it, yet they don't see the big picture. The Chiefs are not in the market for old quarterbacks. Why do these threads keep appearing?

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2008, 08:02 AM
a

Buffalo loss
Oakland slight chance at win if vastly improved.
Denver loss
San Diego loss
Miami is better than us now and will be better than us at the end of the year. Loss.
Cinncy possibility.

If the Chiefs start playing well and these teams stop caring we would win 2-3 at absolute best. IMO this is a 2-3 win team for the season and that is probably being generous. I'm hoping for 0-16 at this point because I think it is the only thing embarassing enough to get Clark to clean house. I have been a Chiefs fan for thirty years and have never rooted agaisnt them regardless. This year I feel it's best for the franchise.

I see your point, but the thing about this season is that there is the rebuilding excuse. Now, if we get blown out every game, i agree with you. But what if we play competitive every game? Miami lost 15 games last year, but they were not blown out in many of those games ... in fact I think they had a chance to win a lot of games but didn't. At the beginning of the seasn i saw us winning 6 games. Right now that looks like a stretch, but, like the New England game ... if it stays competitive I'll be pretty impressed. Blowouts are tough to take though.

triple
09-27-2008, 08:07 AM

every team on the schedule is better in every phase of the game

BigVE
09-27-2008, 08:14 AM

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!!!! I would be happy with that no matter how much cash it costs.

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 08:15 AM
every team on the schedule is better in every phase of the game

I don't feel you took this comment far enough. You should have stated most college teams as well.

BigVE
09-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Every time a story like this breaks, Chiefs fans are all over it, yet they don't see the big picture. The Chiefs are not in the market for old quarterbacks. Why do these threads keep appearing?

Sorry, even in TODAY's NFL 30 or 31 is not an "old quarterback".

whoman69
09-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Herm > Linehan

Overall in his football knowledge, yes. But if you consider the 70's scheme he is running...

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2008, 08:54 AM

Based on what Herm is doing, I beg to differ.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Ram fans have turned on Bulger and it appears he was a product of Martz IMO

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2008, 09:03 AM

In general, I agree with you. I am just saying, from Herm's Youth Perspective, KC isn't going after anyone older than 25. They have had a lot of chances for other QBs and they didn't get ANY of them.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2008, 09:03 AM
In general, I agree with you. I am just saying, from Herm's Youth Perspective, KC isn't going after anyone older than 25. They have had a lot of chances for other QBs and they didn't get ANY of them.

Bulger hasn't played well the last couple of years anyway.

milkman
09-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Bulger hasn't played well the last couple of years anyway.

I'd agree with that.
I've always thought he was a little overrated.

That being said, he'd be a good transitional QB while grooming Stafford, as Hamas said.

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I'd agree with that.

That being said, he'd be a good transitional QB while grooming Stafford, as Hamas said.

What, Huard can't groom? He'll be on the roster until he's at least 40. Maybe his next contract will be for the minimum. We need to draft about 3 QBs next year.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
What, Huard can't groom? He'll be on the roster until he's at least 40. Maybe his next contract will be for the minimum. We need to draft about 3 QBs next year.

Huard goes down too easy in the pocket. I have no idea if Bulger would be any better under pressure, but Huard won't be with Chiefs next season.

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Huard goes down too easy in the pocket. I have no idea if Bulger would be any better under pressure, but Huard won't be with Chiefs next season.

I hope you're right. I wanted to get rid of that sack of Molasses last year.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2008, 09:16 AM
I'd agree with that.

As a transitional QB...sure why not. Better than seeing Huard's ducks and Thiggy's 40 percent accuracy.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2008, 09:18 AM

Bulger does not handle pressure at all very well, so under this current state of line KC has, he wouldn't be able to play at his past high level. His success came in the Martz system and when they still had a pretty good line. This year and last has been a disaster for him and alot of it is due to the amount of pressure he's faced.

Simply Red
09-27-2008, 09:19 AM

No, he's definitely better, Steve Bono = Sunny Bono.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Bulger does not handle pressure at all very well, so under this current state of line KC has, he wouldn't be able to play at his past high level. His success came in the Martz system and when they still had a pretty good line. This year and last has been a disaster for him and alot of it is due to the amount of pressure he's faced.

In that case, it sounds like he'd be Huard-like, with a little stronger arm.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2008, 09:48 AM
QB isn't gonna make a huge difference until we get a difference coaching situation

1ChiefsDan
09-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Marshawn Lynch hasn't played the Chiefs yet.
to be fair, neither has LJ.
Not agreeing with claythan - just a hopeful Chiefs fan.

el borracho
09-27-2008, 10:44 AM

We can't stop the run and we have no quarterback. Buffalo, Oakland and Miami will all run the ball down our throat relentlessly and sooner or later Cincy will start scoring points again. I won't say that we couldn't win any one of those games (who knows what could happen!) but the odds of the 2008 Chiefs winning all four of those games are probably astronomical (maybe astro-comical, depending on your humor).

DT58HOF
09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Bulger is not very good ,thats why he's not starting.
He was lucky to get to play at WVU, he is just a sytem QB and in no way any better than a very old Trent Green
the Chiefs taking Bulger would be like The Patriots getting rid of Tom Brady to make Qunicy Carter the QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

milkman
09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
He was lucky to get to play at WVU, he is just a sytem QB and in no way any better than a very old Trent Green
the Chiefs taking Bulger would be like The Patriots getting rid of Tom Brady to make Qunicy Carter the QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Holy shit!

Could you possibly be any more stupid?

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 01:39 PM
We can't stop the run and we have no quarterback. Buffalo, Oakland and Miami will all run the ball down our throat relentlessly and sooner or later Cincy will start scoring points again. I won't say that we couldn't win any one of those games (who knows what could happen!) but the odds of the 2008 Chiefs winning all four of those games are probably astronomical (maybe astro-comical, depending on your humor).

We'll have a quarterback by then and the run defense will be fixed.

http://compoundthinking.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/istock_000002694919xsmall.jpg

SAUTO
09-27-2008, 01:41 PM

http://compoundthinking.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/istock_000002694919xsmall.jpg

who will be that qb???

oh yeah maybe we'll try tank out at qb, he could do as good as hagans, i also heard price chopper has this sacker.....

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2008, 02:14 PM

I blame Terry Shea

el borracho
09-27-2008, 06:00 PM

What QB? Croyle? That experiment is over- it failed. Even if he is the best on the roster he is 0-7 and breaks too easily. Trust in him if you wish- everyone else has seen enough. He is not the future and won't do anything memorable in his (soon-to-be-over) career. He is not going to lead us to 4 wins in his career, much less 4 wins this season.

What is going to change in the run defense? I can't even conjure a reasonable expectation in my mind to rebut so you'll have to clue me in before I can tell you how wrong you are.

Sure-Oz
09-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Bulger will be re-instated as the starter after Linehan is fired anyway, so this is moot

RJ
09-27-2008, 06:23 PM
At 31 years old, I wouldn't give much for Bulger. But if the price were right he'd be a nice placeholder for a few years.

Kerberos
09-27-2008, 06:48 PM

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!!!! I would be happy with that no matter how much cash it costs.

Forgive me for being ignorant on this but WHO is Stafford and who does he play for? College I'm assuming?

milkman
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Forgive me for being ignorant on this but WHO is Stafford and who does he play for? College I'm assuming?

Junior QB for Georgia.

DT58HOF
09-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Holy shit!

Could you possibly be any more stupid?

Stupid your telling me Bulger is better than Trent Green? LMAOLMAO

milkman
09-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Stupid your telling me Bulger is better than Trent Green? LMAOLMAO

Well yes, I would, but that isn't what I was addressing.

The post I quoted said that the "Chiefs taking Bulger would be like The Patriots getting rid of Tom Brady to make Qunicy Carter".

The Chiefs wouldn't be replacing Trent Green with Bulger at this point.

If you mean't that Green is better than Bulger with that post, then not only are you wrong, but you weren't even close to making that clear.

DT58HOF
09-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Well yes, I would, but that isn't what I was addressing.

The post I quoted said that the "Chiefs taking Bulger would be like The Patriots getting rid of Tom Brady to make Qunicy Carter".

The Chiefs wouldn't be replacing Trent Green with Bulger at this point.

If you mean't that Green is better than Bulger with that post, then not only are you wrong, but you weren't even close to making that clear.

maybe you should go milk him, i hear he is funny as well, as a teenager he liked to hangout with Kordell in Pittsburgh!!

milkman
09-27-2008, 09:12 PM
maybe you should go milk him, i hear he is funny as well, as a teenager he liked to hangout with Kordell in Pittsburgh!!

You are really a moron, aren't you.

I don't expect an answer, because you're to stupid to answer correctly.