PDA

View Full Version : Football Trent Green

Cntrygal
09-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Why did the Chiefs get rid of TG? Money, concussions, or what?

I thought he was "one away from being a veggie" and didn't realize that he was with the Rams until earlier this week.

Bearcat
09-27-2008, 06:05 PM
The Chiefs wanted to move on, and Trent is one away from being a veggie, but when you play behind the Rams' O-Line, who isn't?

el borracho
09-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Because Geathers scrambled his eggs so bad he could no longer hit a RB in the flat.

Hootie
09-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Meh. Trent Green has had two concussions...

Steve Young had about thirty.

Green will be fine. He's a smart guy, a capable QB...if it wasn't safe for him to play, he would have hung them up.

I'm cheering for Trent.

Sure-Oz
09-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Linehan will be fired after sunday likely and trent will be back on the bench where he belongs too

Cntrygal
09-27-2008, 06:09 PM
thanks - hopefully he's upright tomorrow night.

Braincase
09-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Personally, I blame his wife's lack if immodest pole-dancing youtube videos.

It'll end up costing Brodie his job, too.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Short answer - he was old. It was time to move on.

You guys must be pretty happy with your own Trent.

NewChief
09-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Heh. Who was to blame for the Chiefs/Trent breakup was a hotly contested subject around here back in the day. I spent way too many keystrokes arguing about it. Suffice it to say that, for whatever reason, he and Carl had a falling out. Trent no longer wanted to play for Carl's organization. Carl was ready to move on, more or less, and ways were parted.

FringeNC
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Isn't it obvious -- the old guard had to be purged as part of the Hermvolution. Firing Shea was Herm's way of telling Green he was no longer welcome at Arrowhead. If you remember the aftermath of the Indy game, there was a near mutiny against Herm among the offense...

damaticous
09-27-2008, 08:03 PM

Green will be fine. He's a smart guy, a capable QB...if it wasn't safe for him to play, he would have hung them up.

I'm cheering for Trent.

Dito

BigRock
09-27-2008, 08:10 PM
If you remember the aftermath of the Indy game, there was a near mutiny against Herm among the offense...

No, there wasn't. The offense didn't have room to say a thing to anybody, with the offensive line playing like complete dogshit and the receivers not being able to catch a pass to save their lives. Funny how those minor details seem to have been forgotten over the years.

dtebbe
09-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I personally hope Trent lites it up in STL. Bulger is way overrated, and he's whining like a little bench for being benched after scoring like 2 TDs in 3 games.

DT

Bearcat
09-27-2008, 08:16 PM
No, there wasn't. The offense didn't have room to say a thing to anybody, with the offensive line playing like complete dogshit and the receivers not being able to catch a pass to save their lives. Funny how those minor details seem to have been forgotten over the years.

I guess it depends on who you ask, but there was a lot of backlash after that game. The "lack of talent" had just driven down the field and scored a touchdown, and Herm decided to pack it in and basically say "good job, Brodie, let's shut it down and see if we can score another touchdown next week".

Did he say that? Of course not.... but when he was questioned about the 4th quarter playcalling he said "we were in a defensive game, a game where you just hope to stay in the game and win on the final play". Against Peyton f***ing Manning and the Colts.

Don't get me started...

BigRock
09-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I guess it depends on who you ask, but there was a lot of backlash after that game. The "lack of talent" had just driven down the field and scored a touchdown, and Herm decided to pack it in and basically say "good job, Brodie, let's shut it down and see if we can score another touchdown next week".

I meant the Indy playoff game. Trent was already gone for the one last year.

Bearcat
09-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I meant the Indy playoff game. Trent was already gone for the one last year.

Er... damnit. :doh!: Kinda forgot that was what the thread was about when I read your post.... but, that game was pretty awful, too. Lack of talent or not, zero first downs for what, the first 40 minutes of the game? That's pretty awful, yeah!

~ Ducks out, back to the College Gameday Thread...

Wile_E_Coyote
09-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Everyone is better off now. I really didn't want to see Trent on the field again. You just know it was not going to be pretty behind this line

KcMizzou
09-27-2008, 08:31 PM

I'm cheering for Trent.Me too. I've got a lot of respect for that guy.

milkman
09-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Me too. I've got a lot of respect for that guy.

Me, I'm rooting for him to make it to the end of his career with his brain in one piece.

Phobia
09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Heh. Who was to blame for the Chiefs/Trent breakup was a hotly contested subject around here back in the day. I spent way too many keystrokes arguing about it. Suffice it to say that, for whatever reason, he and Carl had a falling out. Trent no longer wanted to play for Carl's organization. Carl was ready to move on, more or less, and ways were parted.
Like you know anything. Jeesh.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Not sure why he didnt retire?

But who cares, its his life, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

I wish him well. Class guy.

Otter
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
It's because he's black

Sure-Oz
09-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Trent was a hell of a QB with us, i sure wish him success with STL, but it will be short lived. I am sure Bulger will be starting again soon adn STL is pretty damn bad, i just hope he survives the game

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2008, 09:43 PM

I'm cheering for Trent.

Me too. I got over it. It happened. It's called life.

PastorMikH
09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
For the record, Trent's health was an issue that no longer guaranteed a starting job and Trent wanted to go where he could start.

In reality, I wonder if it didn't have more to do with Trent not liking where Herm was going with the O. Trent put up 4,000+ yards passing three years straight before Herm showed up. I don't see any QBs under Herm putting up numbers like that. Though with Trent I don't think it was so much personal stats, as frustration with the handcuffs on the O.

KCJohnny
09-27-2008, 10:36 PM
For the record, Trent's health was an issue that no longer guaranteed a starting job and Trent wanted to go where he could start.

In reality, I wonder if it didn't have more to do with Trent not liking where Herm was going with the O. Trent put up 4,000+ yards passing three years straight before Herm showed up. I don't see any QBs under Herm putting up numbers like that. Though with Trent I don't think it was so much personal stats, as frustration with the handcuffs on the O.

What do you think this is, the arena football league?