PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Welcome to Arrowhead, Rookie...

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Chiefs rookie Brian Johnston in post-game interview after kicking the donks' asses:

~I couldn't hear a thing. Oh my God it was deafening. That was the most amazing game of my life. I couldn't hear anything. I've never experienced anything like that.~ [Response to the "12th man."]

CoMoChief
09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
He should see what its like when the stadium is more than just half way filled.

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
He should see what its like when the stadium is more than just half way filled.

He might have to wait until Herm & Carl are gone for that.

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
He might have to wait until Herm & Carl are gone for that.
A few more home wins like this and it will be full the rest of the year.

Smed1065
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I noticed it seemed loud for being 60% full.

FAX
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
The "Tony! Tony! Tony!" chant was very cool.

FAX

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
This game actually makes me want to buy tickets. I was going to wait till next year but I may change my mind.

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
A few more home wins like this and it will be full the rest of the year.

My point exactly. ;) That said, I can't help but cheer for more wins.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
the crowd was very impressive today. at least they sounded impressive on the television.

KChiefs1
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM

sounded loud on tv....

This is why I love seeing rookie QB's experiencing their first game at Arrowhead...Ryan Leaf comes to mind!ROFL

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 04:17 PM
sounded loud on tv....

This is why I love seeing rookie QB's experiencing their first game at Arrowhead...Ryan Leaf comes to mind!ROFL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMe0Rz1frdE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMe0Rz1frdE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Agent V
09-28-2008, 04:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMe0Rz1frdE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMe0Rz1frdE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HmeA_vHjzY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HmeA_vHjzY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bill Lundberg
09-28-2008, 04:39 PM

FAX

You are so right Mr. Fax. In all my games at Arrowhead, that may have been the coolest thing I remember. Don't know if they showed it on TV or not, but Tony saluted the crowd once he reached the sideline. Very, very cool, indeed.

Over-Head
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
The noise must have been piped in!
From the views I saw there were a lot of empty seats
But Grats on the win anyway

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 05:56 PM
From the views I saw there were a lot of empty seats
But Grats on the win anyway

yep, piped in! & our linemen all had crisco on their jerseys. oh yeah, we also had our blockers cutblocking defenders on every play. that's how we roll.

luv
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM

FAX

Yes, that was awesome. To hear it with a full stadium would have been even better.

talastan
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
yep, piped in! & our linemen all had crisco on their jerseys. oh yeah, we also had our blockers cutblocking defenders on every play. that's how we roll.

I thought we were playing the guys wearing the blue and orange jerseys!:D

jjjayb
09-28-2008, 07:13 PM

Probably because there weren't as many wine and cheese type fans there. The average joe can actually afford tickets when the Chiefs have been losing and they're going cheap on ebay.

BigRedChief
09-28-2008, 09:21 PM

FAX
Will probably be one of my better memories of Arrowhead. :clap:

TrickyNicky
09-29-2008, 09:01 AM
The Tony chant was awesome and then he gave the football equivalent to a curtain call for another huge ovation. It was my first game since 2002.

Also, in the first quarter the Bronco fans were nearly as loud as the Chief fans, but that changed pretty quick.

58-4ever
09-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Don't forget about us using secret cameras, stealing play calls, and watching practices....

Phobia
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM

There's no doubt in my mind some of it is.

At a preseason game during which 90% of the attendees were gone I looked around realizing only a few people were cheering and yet the stadium sounded full. Now, whether they do it - or need to do it when the stadium is full - who knows. But I think they do artificially enhance the noise levels in KC. I'm guessing they do it in all 31 stadiums.

Lzen
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM

Lame. :rolleyes:

T-post Tom
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM

At a preseason game during which 90% of the attendees were gone I looked around realizing only a few people were cheering and yet the stadium sounded full. Now, whether they do it - or need to do it when the stadium is full - who knows. But I think they do artificially enhance the noise levels in KC. I'm guessing they do it in all 31 stadiums.

This was proven to be an untrue urban myth in an episode of "Myth Busters". The same episode proved that the donk o-line is trained to cut-block and that the d-lineman wash their jerseys in crisco.

Vegas_Dave
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
It all has to do with the acoustics of the stadium shape. It was designed to sound full even at only half capacity.

and to hide the crowd noise speakers.

Yeah on TV, it sounded like a full crowd... there was no way they didnt pipe in crowd noise. Nonetheless, loved the win, way to go LJ!

Bowser
09-29-2008, 09:25 AM

It definitely isn't as loud as it was in the 90's, even if they do pipe it in.

MVChiefFan
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't understand, it looked easily 90% full from where I was sitting. People were going nuts, there's NO WAY they were pumping in crowd noise.

Micjones
09-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Arrowhead was loud for the open house.
And the stadium wasn't even half full then...