PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Please Coach Hermie, start Huard for the rest of the season.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I honestly think he gives us the best shot to win. Remember Hermie, you play to win the game.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
It's Croyle's job when he comes back.

Huard is an outstanding backup though. We're in a good position.

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
No more thigpen experiments.

FAX
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Props to Downfield for his game, today. But, Croyle needs another shot at this thing, I think.

I do, however, pray that Herm allows Gailey to keep putting the ball in the air. That made a huge difference today. (I wish we'd actually done a little more of that in the red zone.)

FAX

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
No more thigpen experiments.

Honestly though, I'm glad he got a chance to start.

We got the opportunity to see if we caught lightning in a bottle, we didn't, and since we are in a rebuilding season with no hopes / expectations of a playoff berth.... no harm no foul.

RustShack
Please start Huard until Croyle returns.

blueballs
What would this team be
with a real NFL starting caliber QB

JimNasium
I beg to differ with the esteemed Mr. Fax and the much less esteemed Goatcheese but Croyle has shown nothing but the ability to throw the quick out and get hurt. The guy does not deserve anything IMO.

Smed1065
09-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Its called developing a QB, or trying too.

JimNasium
Its called developing a QB, or trying too.

I don't see anything to develop.

Hammock Parties
I beg to differ with the esteemed Mr. Fax and the much less esteemed Goatcheese but Croyle has shown nothing but the ability to throw the quick out and get hurt. The guy does not deserve anything IMO.

He's capable of making every throw Damon can and then some. If we back him up with a running game our offense is going to look VERY good.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
He's capable of making every throw Damon can and then some. If we back him up with a running game our offense is going to look VERY good.

I haven't seen it in a game. I honestly don't think you know anything about football.

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Huard played well. No doubt. He is NOT the future. Period. Its retarded to even suggust Huard playing the rest of the way.

kcpasco
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Huard played well. No doubt. He is NOT the future. Period. Its retarded to even suggust Huard playing the rest of the way.

neither is Croyle or Thigpen either

Stafford is though ;)

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Well color me retarded. I'd rather win a few games than perform an exercise in futility.

keg in kc
09-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Got to see if Croyle can make it through a game or three. Huard is not the future.

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I honestly don't think I know anything about football.FYP

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
neither is Croyle or Thigpen either

Stafford is though ;)
Yeah he was ****ing great yesterday.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
I haven't seen it in a game. I honestly don't think you know anything about football.

Actually he showed it last year, just not consistently. He's much more accurate than Huard, easily.

Smed1065
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't see anything to develop.

Neither did a lot of teams with less than 16 starts.

We probably wont find a gem in our first try in 20+ years or so but to not try is just crazy in the NFL.

If you try a new QB every 10 starts, that is insane as well.

The rules are based towards the QB but you want to give them less of a chance as other position players when it is the hardest position to learn?

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Well color me retarded. I'd rather win a few games than perform an exercise in futility.Yes, lets play old guys. While were at it, maybe Carl will give Roaf and Shields a call. Thats how you rebuild. Stupid. Croyle gets the remainder of the season when he returns. If he cannot stay healthy, and show something, he's done.

Logical
Jim, do you really want this team to win 6 or 7 games, do you understand what that would do to slow our rebuilding process?

banyon
Huard threw for 160 yards and 1 TD at home against one of the worst Defenses in the league. Let's not forget what he is.

The Defense won this game for us today with the key turnovers. Huard just didn't lose it (today), which for him is about his ceiling.

kcpasco

Ya Georgia got rolled but I was impressed with some of his throws

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
and the true fans return....

8-8!!!!

do it herm!!!!!

madness

ChiefGator
09-28-2008, 03:50 PM
I honestly think he gives us the best shot to win.

So.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Jim, do you really want this team to win 6 or 7 games, do you understand what that would do to slow our rebuilding process?

I'd rather have the young guys taste some success. Even with Huard starting we aren't going to win more than 4 games.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Yes, lets play old guys. While were at it, maybe Carl will give Roaf and Shields a call. Thats how you rebuild. Stupid. Croyle gets the remainder of the season when he returns. If he cannot stay healthy, and show something, he's done.

Well he will be done soon then. Go ahead and keep that blind faith intact.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
and the true fans return....

8-8!!!!

do it herm!!!!!

madness

In my defense I never said 8-8, I'd just like to see 3 more victories this year. We can do it with Damon. Brodie may dumb stumble into one win before he sails off into NFL oblivion.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM

He deserves absolutely nothing, you're exactly right. That pussy scrub has had his chances, and he's failed miserably.

The other players like Huard, he actually gives them a chance to improve and play competitive football.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Neither did a lot of teams with less than 16 starts.

We probably wont find a gem in our first try in 20+ years or so but to not try is just crazy in the NFL.

If you try a new QB every 10 starts, that is insane as well.

The rules are based towards the QB but you want to give them less of a chance as other position players when it is the hardest position to learn?

What on earth has led you to believe this guy has any potential? He's had enough starts to at least show some promise. He's not shown one thing since given the starting gig. Nothing.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM

That douche knows nothing. Croyle might be the greatest passer ever during practice, but he's absolutely terrible in game situations.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
He deserves absolutely nothing, you're exactly right. That pussy scrub has had his chances, and he's failed miserably.

The other players like Huard, he actually gives them a chance to improve and play competitive football.

That's my point. Damon is not a long term solution but at least give the young guys a chance to taste some success.

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 03:59 PM
In my defense I never said 8-8, I'd just like to see 3 more victories this year. We can do it with Damon. Brodie may dumb stumble into one win before he sails off into NFL oblivion.
I hope Brodie is the answer, we still don't have a good enough body of work to judge him from though.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM

It's not about winning, you complete ****tard. It's about giving all the young players a chance at playing competitive football games, building on experience for the future. Something that Croyle and Thigpen can't do.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
What on earth has led you to believe this guy has any potential? He's had enough starts to at least show some promise. He's not shown one thing since given the starting gig. Nothing.

I disagree. He showed some flashes last year. It could have been a LOT worse. Let's not forget there was NO running game.

You know I'm in love with Huard. Croyle is a much more talented and capable player, he just can't stay healthy.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope Brodie is the answer, we still don't have a good enough body of work to judge him from though.

How much is enough? What has he shown in a game situation that makes you think he's going to turn the corner? The guy hasn't won any of the games he's started.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I disagree. He showed some flashes last year. It could have been a LOT worse. Let's not forget there was NO running game.

You know I'm in love with Huard. Croyle is a much more talented and capable player, he just can't stay healthy.

You can't judge a guy by what he does in practice. How did those "flashes" translate into wins? They didn't. Croyle is who we thought he was.

Brock
09-28-2008, 04:03 PM
None of these guys matter as far as the future of the team, so whatever. I thought it would be nice to see if one of the younger guys would improve.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
You can't judge a guy by what he does in practice. How did those "flashes" translate into wins? They didn't. Croyle is who we thought he was.

I'm not even talking about practice. The guy made some tough throws last year in real games, in clutch situations.

We didn't win any games because the whole team was horrible. Croyle had no running game and his best receiver was a rookie. WTF do you expect?

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
How much is enough? What has he shown in a game situation that makes you think he's going to turn the corner? The guy hasn't won any of the games he's started.
I think that he looked really good in the Pats game before he went out. He had a lot of passes that were on target but dropped. He is way more accurate than Huard. They just need to open up the playbook for him.

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Please, Coach Hermie, shoot me in the face with a rocket launcher.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm not even talking about practice. The guy made some tough throws last year in real games, in clutch situations.

We didn't win any games because the whole team was horrible. Croyle had no running game and his best receiver was a rookie. WTF do you expect?

It's scary how you cling to your fantasies like this. The guy does not have what it takes to lead a team.

JimNasium
09-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Please, Coach Hermie, shoot me in the face with a rocket launcher.

nlm

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Its all fine and dandy that Croyle can make the throws.

The question is not his talent... its his endurance.

Even if he had all world talent, he is not worth it as he will only play half a season each year. He is entirely too injury prone. My grandmother has fallen harder than he did and got right back up.

Croyle has every tool needed to be a GREAT QB. Unfortunately... he is entirely too fragile. We know this already so why keep on the keeping on with him?

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
It's scary how you cling to your fantasies like this. The guy does not have what it takes to lead a team.

I think he has that in spades. His mental makeup is outstanding.

My only real question is can he stay healthy?

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I think that he looked really good in the Pats game before he went out. He had a lot of passes that were on target but dropped. He is way more accurate than Huard. They just need to open up the playbook for him.

WTF are you talking about? Croyle was bad agaisnt New England.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
WTF are you talking about? Croyle was bad agaisnt New England.

Um, no he wasn't. He had several passes dropped by Dwayne Bowe. He was accurate and composed against the Patriots despite pretty terrible play around him.

Brock
09-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I think he has that in spades. His mental makeup is outstanding.

My only real question is can he stay healthy?

The answer is: No, obviously not.

smittysbar
09-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Um, no he wasn't. He had several passes dropped by Dwayne Bowe. He was accurate and composed against the Patriots despite pretty terrible play around him.

I agree

09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Nah. Stick a fork in him and try to get another next year.

jidar
09-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Brodie played well when he had the opportunity, he just can't stay healthy.
Can someone at arrowhead TELL THAT SKINNY REDNECK TO EAT SOME ****ING MEAT?! Jesus christ, you'd think if your career depending on it you would get a nutritionist and trainer and put on some ****ing weight.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM

When you start watchng games without a bias, you'll find it's easier to make an objective observation.

Douche.

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2008, 04:41 PM

I wouldn't say it was jaw dropping awesome, but he definitely secured his status as a top 5 draft prospect.

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't say it was jaw dropping awesome, but he definitely secured his status as a top 5 draft prospect.

Can a player, especially a QB, secure a top 5 spot while having played less than half a season? Especially with 4 of their 7 remaining opponents being top 25 teams???

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Can a player, especially a QB, secure a top 5 spot while having played less than half a season? Especially with 4 of their 7 remaining opponents being top 25 teams???

Yes, with the situation he was in and how he handled it against a very formidable opponent. He justified his hype as a prospect.

Bearcat
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
http://ninjafaery.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/b111106232958-20080611093727-not_this_shit_again1.jpg

The Chiefs aren't going to the playoffs, regardless of who they start, so it doesn't matter who gives us the best chance to win right now.

The comparisons have been done time and time again between Croyle and other rookie QBs, and Croyle's stats don't look like dog shit when they're side by side. Eli Manning did less with more talent around him for the first 3 years of his career, but of course now he's a stud now that he's won a Super Bowl.

Drafting a quarterback in the first round is a big deal, especially if it's a top 10 pick. Regardless of the mediocrity (not complete suck, mediocrity) he's shown up to this point, he's the only quarterback on this roster with a chance at being the QBotF. Putting him on the bench so we can "win a few more games" is freakin' ridiculous. The few more wins won't mean a freakin' thing, and we still won't know how Croyle looks when he has an OLine and/or running game, because he's never played with either.

luv
09-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I honestly think he gives us the best shot to win. Remember Hermie, you play to win the game.

Somehow, I knew I'd see a thread like this when I got home. :shake:

teedubya
09-28-2008, 06:10 PM
we won a game, Im okay with losing the rest. Seriously. Maybe let's win one more. We are rebuilding and need to play the young guys.

I just get fed up with the shitass play calling.

talastan
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
We're not going to the Super Bowl, we're not going to the playoffs....So let Croyle have his chance once he comes in. If Larry continues to play like he has these last couple of games where he starts getting some yardage and breaking some plays then Croyle will be immeasurably helped. Not to mention, yet again, this offense is built around Croyle!!! So stop bitching until the season ends or Croyle gets injured. (The latter is more likely.)

ChiefsLV
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
This whole argument is pointless. We all know Croyle is the starter when he comes back.

Brock
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
This whole argument is pointless. We all know Croyle is the starter when he comes back.

For a little while, anyway.

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Eh, not so much.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>24/42</td><td>for 274 yard
</td><td>
</td><td>TD 2</td><td>INT 1</td></tr></tbody></table>
A top five pick in the NFL should play way better than that at the college level.

Brock
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Eh, not so much.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>24/42</td><td>for 274 yard
</td><td>
A top five pick in the NFL should play way better than that at the college level.

Matt Ryan didn't.

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Matt Ryan didn't.
And most team wouldn't have picked him in the top 5.

Brock
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM
And most team wouldn't have picked him in the top 5.

Yeah, right. ROFL

CupidStunt
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Eh, not so much.

</td><td>

It's not about stats at all.

- Does he have the talent?
- Does he have the leadership skills and overall mental make-up?

Yes and maybe. Jury's out. I couldn't give a flying shit was his year-end stat-line is. He plays in a shitty offense with one legitimate WR against defenses stacked with NFL talent on a weekly basis (which few other QB prospects can say). All I need to know is if he has it upstairs. Right now I'd lean towards no, but we'll find out.

Micjones
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
we won a game, Im okay with losing the rest. Seriously. Maybe let's win one more. We are rebuilding and need to play the young guys.

Are you watching the Kansas City Chiefs play on Sundays?

The young guys ARE PLAYING.
Our starting 2 Corners are both rookies.
Dorsey started, McBride started, Albert started, Tyler started, and Herb Taylor played in relief of Albert. He's likely your starter at LT next week.

The young guys ARE PLAYING.

The fact that we are rebuilding does not require a rookie at every position on the field. Damn...

The reason why Huard is on the field is due to everyone's hero...our stirofoam signal caller...(Brodie "I don't deserve a starting job in the NFL" Croyle) can't stay on the field.

The other young guy, Tyler Thigpen, has no business on an NFL field.

For 2 seconds set your emotions aside...
Damon Huard is the best QB on this team.
Everyone in Chiefs kingdom knows he isn't long for retirement.

This outcry for a practice squad 217th overall draft pick or the Third Round pick who hasn't shown that he deserves to run this offense is getting flat ridiculous.

jjchieffan
10-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah. Huard gives us a great chance to win. What a stupid friggin thread. LMAO

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 01:11 PM

brilliant

alanm
10-05-2008, 01:18 PM
brilliant
You misunderstand Jim. He's talking about winning the #1 draft pick. :thumb:

JimNasium
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
This dumb assery brought to you by the letter "d".

ChiefGator
10-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for dredging this up. I feel like people are in denial that just last week Huard was the second coming of Trent Dilfer. He can't even carry Dilfer's jock strap in a "Carry Trent Dilfer's Jock Strap" competition.

Mark

JimNasium
10-05-2008, 06:12 PM
You misunderstand Jim. He's talking about winning the #1 draft pick. :thumb:

You misunderstand me. I don't know what in the hell I'm talking about. :thumb:

smittysbar
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
You misunderstand me. I don't know what in the hell I'm talking about. :thumb:
:D

JimNasium
10-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for dredging this up. I feel like people are in denial that just last week Huard was the second coming of Trent Dilfer. He can't even carry Dilfer's jock strap in a "Carry Trent Dilfer's Jock Strap" competition.

Mark

There are two things I would like to mention:

1. I came on to dredge this up myself but the prick from Highlandville beat me to the punch. For some reason he takes criticism of Croyle personally. I like making fun of myself and so here I am.

2. I never, ever inferred that Huard was the second coming of anyone. I simply think he's the best option for this team. Thigpen is not the answer and IMO neither is Croyle. I hope Croyle gets the starting job again so he can prove this point beyond the shadow of a doubt.

ChiefGator
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I like making fun of myself and so here I am.

I know, I know. I just want to dredge ONE of these up. There we so many to chose from.

One mirage does not a good qb make (which I know you know).

Many things I like that I see on the field, many I don't, and many just piss me off. The play of our 12 year veteran Qb is one that just makes me freakin' ill.

And I will disagree on one thing. I think, as long as Croyle is healthy, he may be the best QB on our team. He got 2/3rds the yards Huard got this whole game, but he got it in half the first quarter against New England.

- Mark