PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Croyle Update

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 11:00 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/795611.html

QB Brodie Croyle (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698850) - Per our source he’s throwing the ball again and could be ready to play when the Chiefs return from their bye week October 19 against the Tennessee Titans.

<script> var premiumFlag = 0; </script> <!--end STORY DISPLAY-->

CosmicPal
09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
And a new losing streak begins...

Mecca
09-28-2008, 11:02 PM
If he starts his first game back against Tennessee we'll be talking about how long he's injured for again.

pr_capone
http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/3/9/28/f_nocheerm_e2e6bfe.gif

Mecca
I think we need a Croyle emoticon, it can be a guy who trips and shatters.

sportsman1
Damn straight. Freotte got thrown around today..

Basileus777
09-28-2008, 11:03 PM
If he starts his first game back against Tennessee we'll be talking about how long he's injured for again.

The Titans dline is going to murder whoever we have at qb in that game. Its probably best to wait another week. Croyle might die if Haynesworth gets a hand on him.

Mecca
Damn straight. Freotte got thrown around today..

I liked when Kyle Van den Bosch head butted him in the nuts.

Hammock Parties
Croyle had a decent game against the Titans last year. He survived. I just hope Albert is back.

sportsman1
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
The freak is back too. The freak ate Freotte for lunch.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Kearse actually looks like a player again? I bet Titans fans are gaga over that. Must be nice.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Kearse actually looks like a player again? I bet Titans fans are gaga over that. Must be nice.

Torrent. now.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Torrent. now.

There's not going to be a torrent for another couple hours...so just get comfortable.

Pablo
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Well when Croyle comes back we'll make sure to never throw downfield.

Wouldn't want the guy with the strong arm to make some sort of long completion. That's arena ball.

As long as he can stay alive back there. The Titans will murder our line.

BigRock
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
"Per our source". Gretz has been saying that for at least a week. What happened to the 8 weeks WPI was saying?

Hammock Parties
09-28-2008, 11:23 PM
"Per our source". Gretz has been saying that for at least a week. What happened to the 8 weeks WPI was saying?

This is the first mention of the Titans game I've seen.

Frazod
09-28-2008, 11:26 PM
At this point, I don't care when/if Brokie plays. I'm fairly convinced he's a bust, and he'll have to seriously impress the hell out of me to convince me otherwise.

BigRock
09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
This is the first mention of the Titans game I've seen.

If nowhere else, Gretz said Croyle would be back for the Titans game while recapping Herm's Tuesday presser.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2008, 12:01 AM
If nowhere else, Gretz said Croyle would be back for the Titans game while recapping Herm's Tuesday presser.

I also saw it on yahoo sports and rotoworld as well maybe a week ago.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2008, 01:39 AM
This is the first mention of the Titans game I've seen.Jesus. Don't you read anything other than your own tripe?

Bowser
09-29-2008, 05:56 AM
At this point, I don't care when/if Brokie plays. I'm fairly convinced he's a bust, and he'll have to seriously impress the hell out of me to convince me otherwise.

Agreed. He needs to carve up a decent defense AND not get hurt doing it. I'm done listening to how much "potential" he has.

KCJohnny
09-29-2008, 06:01 AM
I really like Brodie, but I somehow doubt he makes that elegant touch pass to Gonzo on the corner fade route for the TD yesterday. Huard was about to be hit and lofted a soft, easy jump ball for Gonzalez in the one spot that he could reach and the defenders could not. There are some things Croyle does better than Huard, but that was a thing of beauty.

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2008, 06:22 AM
I really like Brodie, but I somehow doubt he makes that elegant touch pass to Gonzo on the corner fade route for the TD yesterday. Huard was about to be hit and lofted a soft, easy jump ball for Gonzalez in the one spot that he could reach and the defenders could not. There are some things Croyle does better than Huard, but that was a thing of beauty.

The irony is, Huard threw the ball as hard as he could on that play...

:D

King_Chief_Fan
09-29-2008, 06:28 AM

Bingo! I don't care if he ever sees the field. Here is hoping he slips in the shower and dis locates his vagina again.

He is a bust.

09-29-2008, 07:02 AM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/die.gifhttp://smiley.onegreatguy.net/dropdead.gif
or http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/pile.gif

StcChief
09-29-2008, 07:23 AM
At this point, I don't care when/if Brokie plays. I'm fairly convinced he's a bust, and he'll have to seriously impress the hell out of me to convince me otherwise.sure looks like a Chris "Crystal" Chandler type player. Brokie breaks easy.

Mr. Plow
09-29-2008, 07:48 AM

I always feel a little dirty when I agree with you.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2008, 08:21 AM

Croyle doesn't have the touch to throw the Moonball.

TEX
09-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Who cares? Croyle BLOWS. If the Chiefs weren't so desperate to develop their own QB because of all the past failures he wouldn't be a factor. IMO, he's not starting QB material. I doubt he'll even be in the league 3 years from now - unless he's a back up somewhere.

Alphaman
09-29-2008, 08:28 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/795611.html

Quote:
QB Brodie Croyle - Per our source he’s throwing the ball again and could be ready to play when the Chiefs return from their bye week October 19 against the Tennessee Titans.

If Brodie doesn't make it back for that game, he may be done in KC. His career is on the line and he absolutely must start the final 11 games AND play well in them to be the hands down starter next year. If he gets hurt again, then he'll be relegated to backup status.

chasedude
09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Piss on Croyle. He's yet to prove he's worthy enough to handle the top spot. The only thing he's proven is he can hold Dick Curl's clipboard.

whoever is in the front office next year better be thinking QB in the draft.

Frazod
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I always feel a little dirty when I agree with you.

You should try it more often - you'll get used to it. :)

KCJohnny
09-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Croyle doesn't have the touch to throw the Moonball.

The 'Moonball' was a TD.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2008, 09:47 AM
The Titans dline is going to murder whoever we have at qb in that game. Its probably best to wait another week. Croyle might die if Haynesworth gets a hand on him.

That's exactly why he needs to play. Let the Croyle experiment end now!

Braincase
09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Titans? Start Thigpen...

blueballs
09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Aaron Rodgers could be Brokie II

TrickyNicky
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Aaron Rodgers could be Brokie II

The difference? Aaron Rodgers has won a game.

blueballs
09-29-2008, 11:39 AM
1st vs 3rd rounder

triple
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
The difference? Aaron Rodgers has won a game.

and he's good

blueballs
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
4 games doesn't make you good
ask the Browns about anderson

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2008, 12:39 PM
4 games doesn't make you good
ask the Browns about anderson

Heh. I kinda wish we would actually...

Micjones
09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Piss on Croyle. He's yet to prove he's worthy enough to handle the top spot. The only thing he's proven is he can hold Dick Curl's clipboard.

whoever is in the front office next year better be thinking QB in the draft.

Absolutely.

JimNasium
09-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I'll change my stance on Croyle. Yesterday I didn't want him to take another snap as a starter for us. Now I recognize that the quicker the guy gets back the quicker he'll get hurt again and the quicker we can move on without him. I'm praying that Clark Hunt now realizes how screwed he is on the QB front and will make getting a legitimate QB a priority for the next General Manager.

ChiefGator
09-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Personally, I've reset my expectations on Croyle. I want to see him play alot this season, but it mostly to decide whether he is a serviceable backup QB. We don't just need a #1, we need a #2, with Huard getting older.

Unless Croyle really lights it up in the second half of this season, I think we are drafting QB very high next draft. But, Croyle can still be a decent backup.

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Personally, I've reset my expectations on Croyle. I want to see him play alot this season, but it mostly to decide whether he is a serviceable backup QB. We don't just need a #1, we need a #2, with Huard getting older.

Unless Croyle really lights it up in the second half of this season, I think we are drafting QB very high next draft. But, Croyle can still be a decent backup.

I think Croyle has the brains and the heart, but not the physical makeup to be a starter. He'll be a great backup. It'll be interesting if he stays in KC though...

kepp
09-30-2008, 07:08 AM

That reminds me of that cartoon about Rex Grossman... Bah! What site makes those hilarious flash animations about the NFL?

King_Chief_Fan
09-30-2008, 07:11 AM

I have reset mine as well. I have no expectations of him.
I don't think he is even a good #2.
Did you see that Raven rookie QB out there last night? That is what I expect of a QBOTF.

Mecca
09-30-2008, 07:13 AM
That reminds me of that cartoon about Rex Grossman... Bah! What site makes those hilarious flash animations about the NFL?

Bang cartoon site?

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 07:43 AM
china doll croyle...

Really is sad to see this, we offically wasted two years and still have zero QBOTF on this roster.

TEX
09-30-2008, 09:07 AM
china doll croyle...

Really is sad to see this, we offically wasted two years and still have zero QBOTF on this roster.

Yep. Joe Flacco showed more last night in his 3rd start, against the Seelers on the road, than Croyle ever has...

Brodie Croyle is no franchise QB. He's a backup at best. The sooner the Chiefs realize that and move on - the better.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Yep. Joe Flacco showed more last night in his 3rd start, against the Seelers on the road, than Croyle ever has...

Brodie Croyle is no franchise QB. He's a backup at best. The sooner the Chiefs realize that and move on - the better.
Well we wished in one hand and shit in the other....

It sucks, in some of the recent darkest years of Chiefs football, We really needed at young QB to hang our hopes on...

Now 2008 is wasted behind center AGAIN. Hopefully we draft high enough to grab Stafford...

Flaco was impressive last night...

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Joe Flacco is first round talent.

Brodie Croyle is third round talent.

Big difference.

That being said, Flacco wasn't being asked to do more than Croyle's been asked to do with the Chiefs. It's just that Flacco hasn't been injured multiple times.

philfree
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM

They let Flacco throw the ball down field because one of his attributes is his arm strength. If Croyle had a strong arm I'm sure Herm would play to his strength as well. Oh.........wait..........never mind.

PhilFree:arrow:

Donger
09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Is anyone actually enthusiastically anticipating Croyle's return?

TEX
09-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Joe Flacco is first round talent.

Brodie Croyle is third round talent.

Big difference.

That being said, Flacco wasn't being asked to do more than Croyle's been asked to do with the Chiefs. It's just that Flacco hasn't been injured multiple times.

Not that big of a difference at all when you consider Flacco was not projected to go in round 1. He's from a smaller school as well and he didn't even start until he transferred to Delaware. Everyone said the the Ravens reached. From Day 1, Croyle hasn't shown much of anything to suggest he's a franchise QB. The Chiefs just want to make him one.

TEX
09-30-2008, 09:43 AM
They let Flacco throw the ball down field because one of his attributes is his arm strength. If Croyle had a strong arm I'm sure Herm would play to his strength as well. Oh.........wait..........never mind.

Croyle has - he slings it.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm not.

Especially if the Chiefs go into Carolina and play well.

Consistency would be nice.

TEX
09-30-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm not.

Especially if the Chiefs go into Carolina and play well.

Consistency would be nice.

We FINALLY agree on something...:clap:

philfree
09-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Croyle has - he slings it.

Yes and that's the part that makes my post sarcasm.

IMO we are not doing Croyle any justice by forcing him to dink and dunk. He needs to be allowed to turn it loose and through it deep down the middle of the field. Let the guy use his strength.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2008, 09:49 AM
We FINALLY agree on something...:clap:

One down, 12,000 more posts to go!

:D

beach tribe
09-30-2008, 09:50 AM

I'm still anxious to see what he can do. Not only what he can do, but what he will do, now that he pretty much knows that if he doesn't set the world on fire, the team will go after someone else. Because in his mind, I'm sure he thinks if he tears it up, they'll let him keep the job, so he gonna try to sling it, but his injury history is going to force the team to go after someone anyway, BUT!! Croyle will be be able to battle it out in training camp next year, and try to keep his job. Ultimately pushing, and preparing our new prospect.

boogblaster
09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Hopefully he'll come back gunning and running ....

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2008, 10:07 AM

Strangely, I am. Now that we might see Larry get going, we should see Croyle be able to do some things, like put the ball down field. I'm looking forward to seeing him show improvement and show that he can be a competent backup for us...:p

DeezNutz
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM

I could honestly care less whether Croyle takes another snap for the Chiefs again. The guy can't stay on the field, and I don't need to wait anxiously for his next injury.

King_Chief_Fan
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM

he should receive some enthusiastic boo's as soon as he hits the field.
He doesn't belong in the NFL

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I could honestly care less whether Croyle takes another snap for the Chiefs again. The guy can't stay on the field, and I don't need to wait anxiously for his next injury.

Keef F@#$ING DOUBTING...oh...yeah...

o:-)

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2008, 10:16 AM
he should receive some enthusiastic boo's as soon as he hits the field.
He doesn't belong in the NFL

Jeez...I get the disappointment but not the hatred...:spock:

talastan
09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I think IF Larry can keep his game up then Croyle will have a decent chance to prove he's the guy. If he goes down with an injury or if he can't put a win together then it will be obvious. I don't think anyone is saying let's just put him in, or that he's our QBotF. Even I am hesistant to say he'll be the guy. But he deserves as much chance as any other young player on this team. :thumb:

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Jeez...I get the disappointment but not the hatred...:spock:
I think he was talking about Huard....

Micjones
09-30-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm not. I'd like to see some consistency at that position.

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
I think he was talking about Huard....

No he hates Croyle with a passion.

CoMoChief
09-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I think IF Larry can keep his game up then Croyle will have a decent chance to prove he's the guy. If he goes down with an injury or if he can't put a win together then it will be obvious. I don't think anyone is saying let's just put him in, or that he's our QBotF. Even I am hesistant to say he'll be the guy. But he deserves as much chance as any other young player on this team. :thumb:

People respect our passing game more (if you can believe that) when Huard is in the game.

Teams consistantly stack the box with 8-9 guys WANTING Croyle to try and beat them. I fully expect us not to score points for shit when Croyle returns.

beavis
09-30-2008, 10:53 AM

Can he really be a bust if no one had any expectations for him outside of Herm or Carl?

Donger
09-30-2008, 10:54 AM
So, from a fan's perspective, IF Croyle returns it is very likely his final shot?

beach tribe
09-30-2008, 11:05 AM
So, from a fan's perspective, IF Croyle returns it is very likely his final shot?

Without a doubt.

suds79
09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Without a doubt.

Furthermore, when you project ahead a game or two after he comes back and gets injured again, you can call that sign sealed & delivered. He'll be done as our future QB.

Coach
09-30-2008, 11:11 AM

More than likely it will be.

DeezNutz
09-30-2008, 11:13 AM

And, based on his comments, from Herm's perspective, too. He's said Croyle has to stay on the field.

Donger
09-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Has his wife gotten her boobs out yet? That seems like it should be bumped up the priority list now.

DT58HOF
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
why should it matter when the backup QB is gonna be back?
does it really matter if it's Croyle or Pigpen that backsup the Starter DAMON HUARD???????????????????????????????????
Because if Herm takes him out for either one of those jokers, i will go out and work on my target practice and get tips from Lee Harvey Oswald,lol

blueballs
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Croyle can prove if he's back up material
for a 3rd rounder not a bad return

DT58HOF
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM

Dude he's 0-7 as starter 6 TD's 8 Int's 56.4% 5.4 yd avg,lol he had his chance, he can go back to Bama and play Saban's waterboy!!

HC_Chief
09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Brokie will be back in time to face a stout Tennessee defense which will proceed to break him for, hopefully, the final time. Perhaps then the organization will pull its collective head out and realize Brokie is not the answer @ qb.

LOCOChief
09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
When he's ready put him in. what the hell do we have to lose????????????????

CoMoChief
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Keep Croyle as a backup.

Draft Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford

Keep Huard as a 3rd QB

Get Thigpen the **** out of here. That was just a retarded decision (and one of many) by our coaching staff.

DeezNutz
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Keep Croyle as a backup.

Draft Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford

Keep Huard as a 3rd QB

Get Thigpen the **** out of here. That was just a retarded decision (and one of many) by our coaching staff.

This sounds like a fine plan to me. Stafford over Bradford, IMO, unless the latter fills out considerably or gets on the designer stuff.

LOCOChief
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Croyle + HGH > Stafford or Tebow or Bradford or anyone else coming out of the 09 draft

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Croyle + HGH > Stafford or Tebow or Bradford or anyone else coming out of the 09 draft

Just say no to Tebow.

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Has Sanchez dropped off the face of the earth or something?

beach tribe
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM

el Lienart Jr.

RustShack
09-30-2008, 01:30 PM
why should it matter when the backup QB is gonna be back?
does it really matter if it's Croyle or Pigpen that backsup the Starter DAMON HUARD???????????????????????????????????
Because if Herm takes him out for either one of those jokers, i will go out and work on my target practice and get tips from Lee Harvey Oswald,lol

You might as well start on your target practice now, Croyle is our QB this year.

talastan
09-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah I think after getting embarassed by Oregon State that Mecca stopped pimping his boy Sanchez. ROFL

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I keep looking at this thread hoping for a Brodie Croyle update and instead am transported back in time to last October.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah I think after getting embarassed by Oregon State that Mecca stopped pimping his boy Sanchez. ROFL

So college QB's aren't allowed to lose or have bad games now?

What the **** ever.

LOCOChief
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Just say no to Tebow.

NO to Tebow, although he has looked better in the pocket this year.

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
So college QB's aren't allowed to lose or have bad games now?

What the **** ever. I'd still take Sanchez, especially if hes there at the top of the 2nd.

beach tribe
09-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd still take Sanchez, especially if hes there at the top of the 2nd.

Top of the 2nd? Hell Yea.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Sounds like Brodie's gonna be ready to skin that smokewagon after the bye.

QB Brodie Croyle, CB Pat Surtain, CB Dimitri Patterson and DE Tamba Hali were limited participants in the work. Croyle seems to be throwing the ball very well at this point and Edwards said the quarterback has no shoulder soreness from his work this week. When the Chiefs defense faces the scout team, Croyle moves to another field with a receiver and runs a few pass plays under the watchful eye of QB coach Dick Curl.

Sure-Oz
10-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Brodie could probably play this weekend but he won't

boogblaster
10-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Just win baby win ...

T-post Tom
10-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I doubt Herm will subject Croyle to the Titan's defense. I suspect he'll play Croyle after that game. It would fit his M.O.