PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Wii Repairs

Sure-Oz
09-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Anyone have experience sending their wii in for repairs?

I am sending mine into Nintendo since it's under warranty still and i registered it online to extend it 3 months. I have a "dots on the screen" problem, where i've heard its a graphics card issue, where it overheats. Well its gradually gotten worse and the Wii is well ventilated etc. The room is cool, but more dots are showing up and it annoys the **** out of me. Games are still playable just fine and for the most part it looks just fine, but i paid a shit ton for it so i may as well send it in.

Anyone experience this dots problem? Here is an example of what it looks like...
http://wiinis.com/Wii_Overheat.htm

They emailed me saying i should get a UPS label to send the system in, in about 5 days. Then it will take about a week or so to get back. Never had to send in a system for repairs and this is my first time, kind've weird, have a xbox 360 and ps3 and they run just fine. *knock on wood*

Anyway, isn't there a way to save your Mii's and saves on the Virtual Console games, on the controllers and probably a SD? Incase i lose that stuff when i get it back?

Saulbadguy
09-29-2008, 05:54 AM
Yes, I experienced the same problem you have.

You can save all your crap on an SD except virtual console games, those you can just re-download for free when you get your Wii back.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Yes, I experienced the same problem you have.

You can save all your crap on an SD except virtual console games, those you can just re-download for free when you get your Wii back.

Sweet, appreciate it. How long did it take to get your Wii back? Have you experience the same problem again, or have hints to avoid it?

Saulbadguy
09-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Sweet, appreciate it. How long did it take to get your Wii back? Have you experience the same problem again, or have hints to avoid it?

A week and a half.

Yes, the problem has come back, but now my Wii is out of warranty. I'd suggest turning off the WiiConnect 24.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2008, 10:01 AM
A week and a half.

Yes, the problem has come back, but now my Wii is out of warranty. I'd suggest turning off the WiiConnect 24.

That really sucks that it came back, i wonder if it's a problem on all Wii's? 2 of my friends have not had that problem and had their wii atleast over a year. I had mine about 2 months into it and do that, annoying. I will have to do that wii connect thing, heard it's because it never shuts off and gets hot. Wonder if it's worth just unplugging it everytime, but man you shouldn't have to.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Ive never experienced a problem with my system and i have WiiConnect on.

So basically if you have WiiConnect on, your system never truly shuts down? Its in standby mode?

Robo-Chachi
09-29-2008, 06:26 PM
I kept having problems where the power supply was not working. I'd have to unplug it from the wall and unit for about 5 minutes. I have not had the issue since I turned WiiConnect off.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Ive never experienced a problem with my system and i have WiiConnect on.

So basically if you have WiiConnect on, your system never truly shuts down? Its in standby mode?

I've heard it runs hotter with the Wii Connect on...and it truly is never off and just in standby.

How does that work for PS3 then? I assume that is on off then?