PDA

View Full Version : Football Went to Bears game last night.

HemiEd
09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Got a late call from a friend that is a season ticket holder, about the end of the Chiefs game.

It was a tough call, ribs and chicken were on the smoker.

But what the heck, he has great seats. Wow, it was a fun game to watch, and expensive. That stadium, is well done, I hope the Arrowhead upgrades are done this well. Unlike Lambeau, they have seat backs!

They had road blocks set up to catch drunks leaving the game, fortunately we were ok.

StcChief
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
DaBears.... surprising a few teams.

CoMoChief
09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Got a late call from a friend that is a season ticket holder, about the end of the Chiefs game.

It was a tough call, ribs and chicken were on the smoker.

But what the heck, he has great seats. Wow, it was a fun game to watch, and expensive. That stadium, is well done, I hope the Arrowhead upgrades are done this well. Unlike Lambeau, they have seat backs!

They had road blocks set up to catch drunks leaving the game, fortunately we were ok.

My grandma has had season tickets since the 40's, her seats are best in the house....home side....media deck, sit right in front of Gun and Solari last season when we played there. talked to Mitch Holtus and Lenny before the game....Shook my head and flipped off Solari when we ran it on 3rd and 12 and he saw me. Best time I'd ever had at a football game.

Personally I dont like the new solider field. Looks like aliens landed a space ship right in the middle of it. I went to the last game there in 2003 when they hosted the Eagles in the playoffs and Jim Miller got destroyed by Hugh Douglas.

Frazod
09-29-2008, 02:03 PM
DaBears.... surprising a few teams.

They surprised the hell out of me when I went to Soldier Field and watched them get punked by Tampa Bay.

Sure wish I'd went to last night's game instead.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
That stadium, is well done, I hope the Arrowhead upgrades are done this well.

You hope Arrowhead comes out looking like a Spaceship??

cmh6476
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
if they did checkpoints following a chiefs game, we'd already have been victim of a blacout this year.

HemiEd
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
You hope Arrowhead comes out looking like a Spaceship??

No, I am talking about the comfort level for the fans. It is very well done in that area, IMO.

HemiEd
09-29-2008, 03:05 PM
My grandma has had season tickets since the 40's, her seats are best in the house....home side....media deck, sit right in front of Gun and Solari last season when we played there. talked to Mitch Holtus and Lenny before the game....Shook my head and flipped off Solari when we ran it on 3rd and 12 and he saw me. Best time I'd ever had at a football game.

Personally I dont like the new solider field. Looks like aliens landed a space ship right in the middle of it. I went to the last game there in 2003 when they hosted the Eagles in the playoffs and Jim Miller got destroyed by Hugh Douglas.

Wow, she must have some serious jack to be able to pay for them. I am sure my friend could have upgraded, to the same area, but he doesn't have the funds.
He is the third generation owner of the tickets, his grandpa got them initially. He had to pay a $2500 PSL for corner end zone, up about mid level.

Frazod
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
No, I am talking about the comfort level for the fans. It is very well done in that area, IMO.

The trek up to upper level seats on the west side isn't comfortable. That climb was kicking everybody's ass, not just mine, and we were only about two-thirds of the way up. I was seated at the end of the row and only had to get up to let people pass about 20 times during the entire game - once people made that climb, they simply didn't want to move again.

I did have a nice, unobstructed view of the field, though. I could also see the friggin curvature of the earth.

HemiEd
09-29-2008, 03:25 PM
The trek up to upper level seats on the west side isn't comfortable. That climb was kicking everybody's ass, not just mine, and we were only about two-thirds of the way up. I was seated at the end of the row and only had to get up to let people pass about 20 times during the entire game - once people made that climb, they simply didn't want to move again.

I did have a nice, unobstructed view of the field, though. I could also see the friggin curvature of the earth.
LMAO That is high, we were not up there quite that far. I guess they would need to put in some elevators to avoid that.

We parked about 2 miles away though ($40!!!!!), that was a nice walk both ways. We asked a meter maid how much a ticket would cost, $60 plus tow, so that wasn't the best option.

We had a few pops before the game and had trouble walking straight getting there. But it was no problem leaving, the crowd kind of kept us funneled.

Frazod
09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
LMAO That is high, we were not up there quite that far. I guess they would need to put in some elevators to avoid that.

We parked about 2 miles away though ($40!!!!!), that was a nice walk both ways. We asked a meter maid how much a ticket would cost, $60 plus tow, so that wasn't the best option.

We had a few pops before the game and had trouble walking straight getting there. But it was no problem leaving, the crowd kind of kept us funneled.

I've had nosebleed seats at New Comiskey, and I don't think the angle of ascent of was that steep. I'm surprised more people don't complain about it.

But the view was good.

We parked in the Monroe Street garage and took the free shuttle. I've also made the walk from the stadium back to the garage, which isn't all that bad.

HemiEd
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I've had nosebleed seats at New Comiskey, and I don't think the angle of ascent of was that steep. I'm surprised more people don't complain about it.

But the view was good.

We parked in the Monroe Street garage and took the free shuttle. I've also made the walk from the stadium back to the garage, which isn't all that bad.

I will have to check that out, or maybe not. If they are worse than the angle at the New Comiskey-U.S. Cellular, I don't want any part of them. I watched a Royals game there, and was nervous the whole time. That place does nothing for me, except I do like the area out behind the outfield.

I have don't have much of an idea on getting around downtown like you, the place gives me the heebiejeebies. But my friend grew up around there, so he knew what we were doing, I guess. How much for parking at the garage you were at?

Frazod
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
I will have to check that out, or maybe not. If they are worse than the angle at the New Comiskey-U.S. Cellular, I don't want any part of them. I watched a Royals game there, and was nervous the whole time. That place does nothing for me, except I do like the area out behind the outfield.

I have don't have much of an idea on getting around downtown like you, the place gives me the heebiejeebies. But my friend grew up around there, so he knew what we were doing, I guess. How much for parking at the garage you were at?

Honestly, I don't remember. I drove, and my friend paid for the parking.

CoMoChief
09-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, she must have some serious jack to be able to pay for them. I am sure my friend could have upgraded, to the same area, but he doesn't have the funds.
He is the third generation owner of the tickets, his grandpa got them initially. He had to pay a $2500 PSL for corner end zone, up about mid level.

Yeah, well now shes getting older to the point where she only goes to the Sept games because it's warm and sells off the other remaining tickets for a lot of jack to the point where she almost doesn't lose any money.

Bears tickets sky rocketed when the new stadium came into play, prob even more so when they won the SB.

Dylan
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
The Bears defense did a great job. They are incredible tough in goal line situations. They surprised me.

Taking nothing away from Chicago -- In a game the Eagles should have won, Andy Reid found a way to lose. He never learns from his mistakes. No one knows that better than his rivals.

In the past the Eagles had no competition in the NFC East. They won four NFC championships from 2001-2004. In order to beat them, the NFC East divisional rivals had to beat them at their own game. These teams today are very similar, with great running, great defense and QBs that can take it down the field.

Back to the game-- In my opinion, here's where the Eagles lost the game.

In the end of 4th qtr, last series, with the game on the line, The Eagles had three chances to win the game. Two chances failed after the RB was stopped for no gain. They're on 4&1. The QB is tall under one of the best center in the NFL, all he had to do was read over the goal line with the ball. Instead Andy calls for a handoff to the RB. How about the coach calling TO and discuss the play. I think there were three left. Typical Andy Reid bonehead call.

When the Eagles played Dallas, I pointed out that Andy would lose them the game. -- He did. He called one of his bizarre calls at the end of the game.

But thanks Chicago -- We need all the help we can get. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I was in Chicago this weekend for a wedding. Passed by Soldier Field on a bus to and from a museum. Looked pretty awesome.

HemiEd
09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I was in Chicago this weekend for a wedding. Passed by Soldier Field on a bus to and from a museum. Looked pretty awesome.

Yeah, I kind of like the looks of it myself. It does clash a little with the local architecture though. :)

Frazod
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I kind of like the looks of it myself. It does clash a little with the local architecture though. :)

It's an abomination.

Consistent1
09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, well now shes getting older to the point where she only goes to the Sept games because it's warm and sells off the other remaining tickets for a lot of jack to the point where she almost doesn't lose any money.

Bears tickets sky rocketed when the new stadium came into play, prob even more so when they won the SB.

Confused me there. I believe they lost at some point...haha. It's been a few years since they won it.

HemiEd
09-30-2008, 10:00 AM
It's an abomination.

I have heard that opinion a lot. But I think its kind of cool looking.

DaKCMan AP
09-30-2008, 10:02 AM
It's an abomination.

I thought it was neat looking. :shrug:

Frazod
09-30-2008, 10:03 AM
I have heard that opinion a lot. But I think its kind of cool looking.

If they had completely torn down the old stadium, it would be fine.