mylittlepony
09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Of the players I've seen so far this year I want:

1. Matt Stafford
2. Greg Hardy
3. Andre Smith
4. George Selvie
5. Michael Oher

With that said I havnt seen Bradford, Crabtree or Johnson play this year yet.

No 1 is staffords to lose.

Hardy wasnt really on my radar at the begining of the year but his first series against the Gators was sack and then stop behind the line with a forced fumble. And the guy is playing with a hurt ankle (on a DE!!!). He has played sporadically and still racked up 3 sacks in 2 games.

I had Oher as my no 1 OT but Andre smith is a mauler and a beast and he can play the pass too.

Only seen Selvie against Kansas and he was double teamed alot but he was still sniffing out that sack.

Oher is a prototype OT, whats not to like. He was good but not great against the gators.

penguinz
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
1. Stafford
2. Oher
3. Maualuga
4. Bradford
5. Crabtree
6. Johnson
7. Laraunitis
8. Maclin
9. Andre Smith
10. Duke RobinsonSomeone can't read. ;)

Micjones
09-30-2008, 04:23 PM
This is the top 5 I would like to see in a Chiefs jersey next year-
1. Rey Maualuga
2. Matt Stafford
3. Micheal Johnson
4. Micheal Oher
5. Micheal Crabtree

Who you got?

My sentiments exactly.
Not necessarily in that order though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Only Chiefs fans would rather see a middle linebacker than a gat damn franchise quarterback.

SPATCH
09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
rey...

he gives me a boner

DaKCMan AP
09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
QB
Rey/Spikes
Johnson/Selvie
Oher/Smith
Crabtree

ceebz
09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Whichever QB separates himself from the rest of the pretenders this season.

ceebz
09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Only Chiefs fans would rather see a middle linebacker than a gat damn franchise quarterback.

Indeed. We need a MLB pretty bad, but, another year with the Glass Joe, wobble launcher, Pigpen circus, may cause me to assassinate some front office people.

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 05:11 PM

Have to agree.

Jewish Rabbi
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
1. Tim Teaboe
2. Chase Danielson
3. Beany Wellz
4. Todd Reesing
5. Ryan Leaf

Mr. Flopnuts
09-30-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm going to predict that Matt Stafford isn't even a top ten pick in the draft come April. Somebody bookmark this so you can rub it in my face if he is.

Zouk
09-30-2008, 05:28 PM
What the Chiefs need more than a MLB, more than a RT, more than anything - is more speed on offense. I loved the Jamaal Charles pick because without him we have no speed period, but we still need more. Last offseason I repeatedly made the case for DeSean Jackson. This offseason I think I'll probably get on the Percy Harvin bandwagon.

CupidStunt
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Depends entirely on the pick, and name-dropping at this point is premature. Top-three pick leaves KC no option but to take the best QB or DE available (which is great for their needs), unless Albert fails at LT.

If they can't take QB/DE (or LT depending), trading down is the only option. If they HAD to pick someone, it'd have to be Crabtree (if he grades out that well), Maualuga or, shit, Vontae Davis?!

A top-three pick with no worthy QB/DE or trade-down scenario would REALLY suck. I like Maualuga a lot but he is NOT that good at this point.

Fairplay
09-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm going to predict that Matt Stafford isn't even a top ten pick in the draft come April. Somebody bookmark this so you can rub it in my face if he is.

No way. He is gone by the 5th pick.

Mr. Laz
09-30-2008, 05:59 PM
No way. He is gone by the 5th pick.
ROFL

knew that was coming

pretty soon we'll have the top 10 players all gone before we pick at #3. :)

SBK
09-30-2008, 05:59 PM

I guess it is possible he goes back to school. ;)

Direckshun
09-30-2008, 06:00 PM
At this point.

1. QB Sam Bradford. He is a franchise waiting to happen.
2. QB Matt Stafford. His play right now scares me, but if he recovers, he'll be worth building around.
3. WR Michael Crabtree. Phenomenal talent with great hands.
4. MLB Rey Maualuga. Everything you could want in a MLB prospect.
5. OT Michael Oher. I don't consider LT to be that great of a need for us right now, but we can move Albert in if necessary.

Fairplay
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
tTop-three pick leaves KC no option but to take the best QB or DE available (which is great for their needs), unless Albert fails at LT.

I would be in utter disbelief if that happened. Perhaps even shock.

If they can't take QB/DE (or LT depending), trading down is the only option. If they HAD to pick someone, it'd have to be Crabtree (if he grades out that well), Maualuga or, shit, Vontae Davis?!

Lets take Maualuga, then Mecca would have a woodie all season long. Plus, i would get tired of his,"we should have picked him".

I think we should get a top five this year. Lets face it, this year is just another growing pains season. And an exclamation point with Herm as the coach. :shake:
Why not try to get the good draft picks.

Get a new coach, then, i pray, maybe see them to a Superbowl, in this very decade.

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Bradford if he comes out or Stafford if he doesn't
Maualuga
Selvie
Crabtree
Mays

If somehow we could get 2 of those five, it would be automatically a great draft for me, but that would probably require trading up into the first again unless Selvie drops. So it probably won't happen.

smittysbar
09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I am big on Bradford, if he comes out. Stafford I am just not sure about. Hate to use that high of a pick on a maybe

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
And he's not a top 5 but I wouldn't mind getting the Center from Cal and trying Niswanger at G.

Rain Man
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
1. QB
2. MLB
3. RT
4. SLB
5. WR

I'd be glad to sub in a RG or a S at the bottom of the list.

SBK
09-30-2008, 06:10 PM
1-5 Stafford.

Get him and the draft is an A, if the rest of our picks are good it's an A+.

Direckshun
09-30-2008, 06:41 PM
And he's not a top 5 but I wouldn't mind getting the Center from Cal and trying Niswanger at G.

Honestly, if Alex Mack makes it to the second round, we've got to pick him up.

He's an All Pro in the making.

MahiMike
09-30-2008, 06:48 PM
This is the top 5 I would like to see in a Chiefs jersey next year-
1. Rey Maualuga
2. Matt Stafford
3. Micheal Johnson
4. Micheal Oher
5. Micheal Crabtree

Who you got?

I like the guy with the 'M' in his name...

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I like the guy with the 'M' in his name...

I think we should only take people named Brandon from here on out. That seemed to work pretty well for us.

suds79
09-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Of course this is subject to change but right now....

1. Matt Stafford
2. Rey Maualuga
3. Micheal Crabtree
4. Sam Bradford
5. Micheal Oher

Basically any top rated QB should receive strong consideration in the spot where the Chiefs are drafting fits IMO.

Tribal Warfare
09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
1) Oher
2) Stafford/ Rey-Rey
3) Selvie
4) Smith
5) Larauntitus

DaKCMan AP
09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I think we should only take people named Brandon from here on out. That seemed to work pretty well for us.

Brandon Spikes :)

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Does Spikes have another year left or do you think he will come out?

DaKCMan AP
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Does Spikes have another year left or do you think he will come out?

I think he'll leave early.

Gravedigger
09-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Too bad we can't go the other way with the names on the back of the jerseys, like:
Brandon C.
Brandon F.
Brandon A.

BWillie
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Colt Mccoy. Why does nobody care about Colt Mccoy? He should be the front runner for the Heisman right now.

14 Touchdowns, 1 pick. 209.71 rating.

evolve27
10-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Bradford
Oher
Stafford
Maualuga
A. Smith
Laurinitis
Maclin

mylittlepony
10-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Colt Mccoy. Why does nobody care about Colt Mccoy? He should be the front runner for the Heisman right now.

I only watch good teams play other good teams so I havnt had the chance to see colt yet. How does he look apart from his stats?

Mecca
10-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Very few Texas players have left early...so generally you project that they aren't leaving.

Personally taking into account who I thinks coming out I'd list it something like this.

1. Stafford
2. Johnson/Selvie one or the other

Now if you can't get any of those 3 it gets real interesting I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on a MLB when there are no less than 5 of them who will be at worst solid starters in this draft. So then I'd default to the best athletes in the draft in the 3 hole...

3. Taylor Mays/Vontae Davis

4.Oher/Smith/Monroe depending on how they rate out.

Now as of right now I'm not going to list Crabtree because I think he'll have a bunch of questions to answer to get into the top 10 picks.

I listed more than 5 so I don't need anymore numbers but that's how I'd play it if I were the team.

kepp
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
1. Stafford/Bradford
2. Maualuga
3. Oher
4. Crabtree/Maclin
5. Vontae Davis

Mecca
10-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I think we should get a top five this year. Lets face it, this year is just another growing pains season. And an exclamation point with Herm as the coach. :shake:
Why not try to get the good draft picks.

Get a new coach, then, i pray, maybe see them to a Superbowl, in this very decade.

Ok this is kind of funny and all but I don't overrate draft prospects cause they play at SC.....

Like I said as much as I like Rey I would not use a top 5 pick on a MLB.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM

Similar build as Brodie?

evolve27
10-01-2008, 07:43 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htrXXzSUzQA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htrXXzSUzQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
10-01-2008, 07:47 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htrXXzSUzQA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htrXXzSUzQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you can point me to any video of him making NFL throws I'd be grateful because honestly that is more of what I've seen before, he's throwing to guys with huge gaps of separation.

evolve27
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEepTKun6vQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEepTKun6vQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He is our future and worthy of the #1 overall. Just look closer buddy.

milkman
10-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Brandon Spikes :)

Honestly, if Alex Mack makes it to the second round, we've got to pick him up.

He's an All Pro in the making.

So here's the question.

If both of these guys fell to the second round, would you take Mack or Spikes?

Me I'm taking Spikes.

I wonder if that Urbik kid from Wisc falls into teh third round?

evolve27
10-01-2008, 07:54 AM
So here's the question.

Me I'm taking Spikes.

Who you taking in the first milkman?

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 07:56 AM
I'll have to wait for the next 4 games to have an opinion on Stafford.

If not Stafford, I think you have to go with one of the LOT's - Oher, Monroe or Smith.

The DE class is strange. Johnson was only a situational pass rusher the last two years at Tech. A guy that big and gifted and the team didn't think enough of him to play him on all downs? Smells fishy. Selvie might not be big enough for a 4-3 every down end.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I still don't see 1 NFL throw.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
So here's the question.

Me I'm taking Spikes.

I'm taking Spikes because I see no less than 5 Centers in this draft who will be very good NFL players....

And honestly Selvie weighs 245lbs, he can play end at that weight or gain 10lbs, the cover 2 is about small fast players, you put a speed rushers next to the DT's we've got it creates a huge problem for an offense.

Selvie seems to be very much in that Freeney mode of a little small but pure speed so I think he will be a excellent pass rusher at the pro level.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM

If not Stafford, I think you have to go with one of the LOT's - Oher, Monroe or Smith.

The DE class is strange. Johnson was only a situational pass rusher the last two years at Tech. A guy that big and gifted and the team didn't think enough of him to play him on all downs? Smells fishy. Selvie might not be big enough for a 4-3 every down end.

If you start counting all the juniors it's an exceptionally strong DE class.

evolve27
10-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I still don't see 1 NFL throw.

Do you have Sanchez ranked higher than him just by curiosity?

milkman
10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Who you taking in the first milkman?

Stafford.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Do you have Sanchez ranked higher than him just by curiosity?

Sanchez has to play more, I think he has more natural physical talent but he really hasn't played enough at this point.

I have some serious question with Bradfords arm and how he will transition since he isn't making any NFL throws. He could be another Leinart where people think he's NFL ready and his arm is good enough then it doesn't work.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
If you start counting all the juniors it's an exceptionally strong DE class.

That's a different question. Being worthy a top 5 pick is a lot different than saying the class is deep.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
I've said it before but it bears repeating: The junior defensive end class is SICK.

Evans and Middleton are both very good prospects but I think they probably were overrated a bit based on their 2007 production. However, even with their stock taking a hit there are still nine other pass rushers from the junior class that I feel have early round potential. At the top of the list are Greg Hardy of Ole Miss, George Selvie of South Florida and Everette Brown of Florida St., all of whom could be first round picks in the 2009 NFL Draft. After that you get into Evans, Middleton, Jermaine Cunningham of Florida, Lawrence Wilson of Ohio St., Auston English of Oklahoma, Willie Young of North Carolina St., Brandon Graham of Michigan, and Ricky Sapp of Clemson. It will be interesting to see who in that group opts to come out early for the '09 Draft but either way there should be plenty of pass rushers to go around in 2009 and 2010.

- Scott Wright, Draft Countdown

milkman
10-01-2008, 08:09 AM

I really don't ubderstand this thought process.
We already have the LT we needed in Albert.

You don't have to spend two high draft picks on LTs to fix the OL.

You can find quality guards, centers, and RTs in the 2nd, third, or later rounds.

This team needs a QB and DE.

If we can't get Stafford, then I'd be looking at Hardy if he declares, or Johnson.

Taking another LT in the first would be myopic.

I'm not intending to be insulting, but it is how I see it.

evolve27
10-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Sanchez has to play more, I think he has more natural physical talent but he really hasn't played enough at this point.

I have some serious question with Bradfords arm and how he will transition since he isn't making any NFL throws. He could be another Leinart where people think he's NFL ready and his arm is good enough then it doesn't work.

Yeh, I dunno I like Bradfords ability and Stafford has the arm but he might not have the mental toughness. I have Bradford ranked a little higher right now, but we'll see. I would like to see Sanchez more as well.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I really don't ubderstand this thought process.
We already have the LT we needed in Albert.

You don't have to spend two high draft picks on LTs to fix the OL.

You can find quality guards, centers, and RTs in the 2nd, third, or later rounds.

This team needs a QB and DE.

If we can't get Stafford, then I'd be looking at Hardy if he declares, or Johnson.

Taking another LT in the first would be myopic.

I'm not intending to be insulting, but it is how I see it.

My quick thinking on the draft - ideally a top 5 pick should be used at one of the big three positions - LOT, DE or QB.

I'm not sure the Chiefs found their LOT of the future in Albert. Call it freakish or bad luck, but Albert is getting injured at a rate similar to Croyle. If Oher, Monroe or Smith come out ranking much higher than a QB or DE then you take them and you solidify your OL.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:21 AM
If we aren't getting a shot at Stafford we better be picking a god damn DE that's all I gotta say.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
My quick thinking on the draft - ideally a top 5 pick should be used at one of the big three positions - LOT, DE or QB.

I'm not sure the Chiefs found their LOT of the future in Albert. Call it freakish or bad luck, but Albert is getting injured at a rate similar to Croyle. If Oher, Monroe or Smith come out ranking much higher than a QB or DE then you take them and you solidify your OL.

Well I don't see them being ranked significantly higher plus as a 1st round pick Albert should be given atleast 2-3 years to succeed or fail at the position before you move him.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 08:23 AM
If we aren't getting a shot at Stafford we better be picking a god damn DE that's all I gotta say.

Who? Most of the top guys seem pretty small for a 4-3 defensive end. Hardy is listed as 255lbs.

DaKCMan AP
10-01-2008, 08:24 AM
So here's the question.

Me I'm taking Spikes.

Spikes. No question.

milkman
10-01-2008, 08:25 AM

Albert has never been injury prone, so I'm going to go with the belief that it's just freakish bad luck, that may be due in part to learning on the job.

I'm going to address the need at QB or DE and give Albert at least another year before I declare him injury prone.

But I do see your point.
Thanks for not taking th eprevious post personally, as that wasn't the intent, and for the intelligent response.

evolve27
10-01-2008, 08:26 AM
If we aren't getting a shot at Stafford we better be picking a god damn OT that's all I gotta say.

Oher and Smith have better value at where we will pick.

DaKCMan AP
10-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm taking Spikes because I see no less than 5 Centers in this draft who will be very good NFL players....

And honestly Selvie weighs 245lbs, he can play end at that weight or gain 10lbs, the cover 2 is about small fast players, you put a speed rushers next to the DT's we've got it creates a huge problem for an offense.

Selvie seems to be very much in that Freeney mode of a little small but pure speed so I think he will be a excellent pass rusher at the pro level.

Selvie's body type and athleticism reminds me of Jevon Kearse. Albeit, a little lighter-weight Jevon Kearse.

milkman
10-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Who? Most of the top guys seem pretty small for a 4-3 defensive end. Hardy is listed as 255lbs.

Mark Anderson and Alex Brown of the Bears are only 255 and 260 respectively.

DaKCMan AP
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM

Ogunleye is also only 260.

Osi Umenyiora is also 6'3" 261.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM

You are really overvaluing the weight of a college player here.....right now in the league alot of the top ends, the pass rushing ones are in the 260 range..most of these guys have frames to gain weight if needed...

Lets understand 290lb ends that can rush the passer like Mario Williams are rare it was why he was called the best end prospect of a 7 year span and most people said he'd have been a 1st round pick as a freshman in college.

People thought Freeney was to small....Michael Johnson is built exactly like Jason Taylor and people think he's light also, there are a ton of top level pass rushers that don't carry huge weights in the league.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Selvie's body type and athleticism reminds me of Jevon Kearse. Albeit, a little lighter-weight Jevon Kearse.

Kearse is a little taller than him so I think their weights for their heights is a good comparison.

milkman
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Oher and Smith have better value at where we will pick.

I disagree.

A DE is every bit as valuable to a defense as the LT is to an offense, and since we've already invested a first round pick (and another pick, since we traded up) on Albert, the value at DE would be higher for us right now.

evolve27
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I disagree.

A DE is every bit as valuable to a defense as the LT is to an offense, and since we've already invested a first round pick (and another pick, since we traded up) on Albert, the value at DE would be higher for us right now.

BPA.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Ogunleye is also only 260.

Osi Umenyiora is also 6'3" 261.

That sums it up, 250-260 is a pretty common weight among pass rushing DE's in the league, guys who are up around 280 are generally Turk McBride type players who don't have great pass rush skills.

If you want the Mario Williams 290 with pass rush moves you'll be waiting awhile that's very rare.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:34 AM
BPA.

As a team you owe it to the organization and the player to let Albert succeed or fail at his position because of the high level of pick spent on him and that takes more than 1 year.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 08:38 AM

Anderson is a situational pass rusher and was drafted in the 5th round.

TrickyNicky
10-01-2008, 08:40 AM
He hasn't missed much actual regular season play. 2 quarters so far and he may go this week. It was a fluke injury.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:40 AM

You need to start looking at all the ends in the league, the pass rushing ones specifically.

Osi Umenyiora's 6'3 260 is much more the going rate than Mario Williams, are you wanting a Williams type end with this size thought?

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
You need to start looking at all the ends in the league, the pass rushing ones specifically.

Osi Umenyiora's 6'3 260 is much more the going rate than Mario Williams, are you wanting a Williams type end with this size thought?

If the Chiefs have a top 5 pick and we are speaking of DE's - ideally I'd want: a senior who started at least his junior and season year, a basketball players body type - long arms, good feet, a great first step and in the 265 - 270 lb range.

The kid from tech has the build, but I have to wonder why the G. Tech team didn't think enough of him to have him start the previous two years.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
If the Chiefs have a top 5 pick and we are speaking of DE's - ideally I'd want: a senior who started at least his junior and season year, a basketball players body type - long arms, good feet, a great first step and in the 265 - 270 lb range.

The kid from tech has the build, but I have to wonder why the G. Tech team didn't think enough of him to have him start the previous two years.

What if he's a junior but started his sophomore year and was wildly productive?

milkman
10-01-2008, 08:49 AM

The point is, though, that both guys that take snaps at RDE for the Bears are roughly the same size as Hardy.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I've said it before but it bears repeating: The junior defensive end class is SICK.

Evans and Middleton are both very good prospects but I think they probably were overrated a bit based on their 2007 production. However, even with their stock taking a hit there are still nine other pass rushers from the junior class that I feel have early round potential. At the top of the list are Greg Hardy of Ole Miss, George Selvie of South Florida and Everette Brown of Florida St., all of whom could be first round picks in the 2009 NFL Draft. After that you get into Evans, Middleton, Jermaine Cunningham of Florida, Lawrence Wilson of Ohio St., Auston English of Oklahoma, Willie Young of North Carolina St., Brandon Graham of Michigan, and Ricky Sapp of Clemson. It will be interesting to see who in that group opts to come out early for the '09 Draft but either way there should be plenty of pass rushers to go around in 2009 and 2010.

- Scott Wright, Draft Countdown

You seem to like Scott Wright a lot and adopt a lot of his positions.

Even in Wright's latest article that you posted above, he doesn't seem sold on any of those guys being a top 10 pick. Wright says that Evans and Middleton are overrated based on 2007 production. "Hardy .. Selvie .. Brown ... could be first round picks". He doesn't say they grade out to being top 10 picks, just that they could be first round picks.

Maybe they will have fantastic 2008 seasons and shoot up the draft boards. Right now they have a lot of questions.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 09:05 AM
He has Selvie in the 20's right now due to whether or not he's going to be thought of as a DE or a 3-4 OLB.....he however does have Michael Johnson in the top 5.

Right now any projecting is just that projecting and going with some personal opinion, with the premium on pass rushers I see atleast 2 of these guys going in the top 10.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM
He has Selvie in the 20's right now due to whether or not he's going to be thought of as a DE or a 3-4 OLB.....he however does have Michael Johnson in the top 5.

Right now any projecting is just that projecting and going with some personal opinion, with the premium on pass rushers I see atleast 2 of these guys going in the top 10.

You seem to admit yourself that because there are premiums for DE's they tend to go higher than perhaps they should.

Right now I'd say Middleton is the most interesting prospect, although he was recently suspended. It'll be interesting to see if he can put up numbers against Penn State and Wisconsin later in the year and not just teams like Murray State.

Why didn't Tech have Johnson starting last year?

Mecca
10-01-2008, 09:11 AM
You seem to admit yourself that because there are premiums for DE's they tend to go higher than perhaps they should.

Right now I'd say Middleton is the most interesting prospect, although he was recently suspended. It'll be interesting to see if he can put up numbers against Penn State and Wisconsin later in the year and not just teams like Murray State.

Why didn't Tech have Johnson starting last year?

Lets ask the genius that is Chan Gailey.....they had productive seniors starting I guess they didn't want to bench one, GT's defense was and is still a very good unit so I guess that somehow plays in.

I don't think Middleton is the kind of DE we need or should want he's 280lbs and has a 4.8 type time, he's basically Turk McBride with better pass rush moves, we don't need another big strong side end with no speed moves.

shitgoose
10-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I still think that our LB corp needs more attention in the coming draft then the D-Line.

Would love to see us get Maualuga. Pat Thomas is a bum. Having DJ and Rey anchoring the LB corp would be nice for the next 10 seasons.

SBK
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM

Here Here!!

Chiefnj2
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
How much has changed since September?

Mecca
02-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Quite a bit seeing as Selvie didn't come out and Michael Johnson didn't break out like he was expected to.

Several guys I fully thought would come out didn't, and other guys never lived up to what they should have been so they fell like rocks.

Michael Johnson is physically all you could ask for but when a guy can't produce in a season where if he did he'd be a top 10 pick and make serious money that's major question marks.

Chiefnj2
02-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Rey Rey was real popular as a top 5 player. Now he may not crack the top 20.

Mecca
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Eh I think Maualuga's absolute worst case scenario is San Diego.

Mr. Laz
02-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey .... if i don't have to worry about draft position then:

Mathew Stafford
Michael Oher
Jeremy Maclin
Aaron Curry
Larry English

Tribal Warfare
02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Eh I think Maualuga's absolute worst case scenario is San Diego.

He needs to get cleared to go though, in a way he's in the same boat as Crabtree.

Smed1065
02-24-2009, 10:02 PM
How much has changed since September?

The 1 year wonder of a QB?

Was Dirty mentioned last fall?

ChiefsCountry
02-24-2009, 10:06 PM
The 1 year wonder of a QB?

Was Dirty mentioned last year?

Yes he was discussed during the year, most didnt think he would come out.

Pioli Zombie
02-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Jennifer Aniston
Sandra Bullock
Courtney Cox
Teri Hatcher
Anne Hathaway
Posted via Mobile Device

Sam Hall
02-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Next year, I'd like Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. Anyone who's name means "House of spears" has to be a stud.