PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I love the youth on this team...

mikey23545
09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Turning to his defense, which came up with four turnovers that led to 10 points, he added, “Our guys played with a lot of emotion.”

Did they ever. <b>"The most refreshing moment in Sunday’s 33-19 upset of the Broncos may have come during a television timeout. Early in the fourth quarter, after Nick Novak’s field goal extended the lead to 23-13, the Chiefs’ young defenders couldn’t wait to get back on the field.

As they waited for play to resume, they could barely stay in their uniforms. They gestured to the crowd for noise and jumped up and down. Rookie cornerback Brandon Flowers, whose 37-yard fumble return set up the Chiefs’ first touchdown, swiveled from side to side in a “bring-it-on,” pose.</b>

“We were running around, having fun,” Flowers said, smiling. “We played with a lot of energy.”

The Chiefs’ defenders were so enthusiastic that they could have been mistaken for 11 overgrown high school kids getting their first varsity action. They played with high energy and high emotion and, as the old saying goes, “with 11 hats to the ball.”

JimNasium
09-30-2008, 04:46 PM
It's refreshing isn't it?

Hammock Parties
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
The point where I really started getting into it was when Flowers jumped that route and the WR interfered with him, and then Flowers started tearing up the field in protest. Simmah!

FAX
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Young legs can be very dangerous in this league. If we can stay with teams until the 4th quarter, it will show itself. To that extent, Herm's philosophy makes some sense.

But, Herm, the next time you have 1st and goal at the 8, please - for God's sake and for the sake of all the starving monkeys in zoos around the world - at least consider throwing the football to one of your money guys. Or maybe a sweep. Just think about it.

FAX

JimNasium
09-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Herm's philosophy makes some sense. Just think about it.

FAX

WTF is going on here?

Mr. Arrowhead
09-30-2008, 05:36 PM
The point where I really started getting into it was when Flowers jumped that route and the WR interfered with him, and then Flowers started tearing up the field in protest. Simmah!

O yea, he sure was screaming bloody murder

CupidStunt
09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Contagiously exciting. And it's rubbing off on the guys we thought MIGHT not have that same drive -- from LJ on offense to guys like Tank on defense. There are some exceptions, but mostly players that suck/won't be here next year -- Boone, Edwards.

LOVE Flowers, Johnston, Carr, etc. Dorsey looked jacked on a few occassions, head-slapping and what not. Tank, DJ, Williams, too.

KcMizzou
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
The point where I really started getting into it was when Flowers jumped that route and the WR interfered with him, and then Flowers started tearing up the field in protest. Simmah!That was so blatant... it looked like the receiver thought it was a run play, and was just trying to block him.

But, yeah... I was afraid Flowers was gonna get flagged himself.

Gotta love these kids. The whole defense had a that "swagger" again... if only for a day. Hopefully it's a sign of better things to come.

Micjones
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
for God's sake and for the sake of all the starving monkeys in zoos around the world FAX

ROFL

KcMizzou
09-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Kolby Smith was doing the tomahawk chop on the sidelines at one point.

TrickyNicky
09-30-2008, 05:57 PM
D. Williams was hyped up the whole game. Not only talking shit to the Broncos but consistently calling for noise from the crowd.

Micjones
09-30-2008, 06:00 PM
D. Williams was hyped up the whole game. Not only talking shit to the Broncos but consistently calling for noise from the crowd.

We need that kind of energy. Someone has to get these guys fired up...
I'd like to see more of that from Derrick Johnson. He certainly got the boys going after that interception.

Stinger
09-30-2008, 06:27 PM
I said this to those in our section before the game. They had a swagger that was not seen at the home opener. They were dance around and getting hyped before and durring the game. Several posters had already said this but that swagger was a breath of fresh air.

Also after the game I am sure they didn't show it on TV but this was about 45 -60 seconds after Cutler pushed WIlliams and then after the game while everyone was shaking hands and what not Cutler was trying to make it off the field. Turk ran over to him pointed and said a few things Cutler looked at him and walked off. Being in the upper deck from the body language of either player it did not look like he said good game. I would have loved to hear what he said.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
I would have loved to hear what he said.

"You got f'd in the a."

T-post Tom
09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Turk ran over to him pointed and said a few things Cutler looked at him and walked off. Being in the upper deck from the body language of either player it did not look like he said good game. I would have loved to hear what he said.

"Told ya we was gonna put something on your ass."

aturnis
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Contagiously exciting. And it's rubbing off on the guys we thought MIGHT not have that same drive -- from LJ on offense to guys like Tank on defense. There are some exceptions, but mostly players that suck/won't be here next year -- Boone, Edwards.

LOVE Flowers, Johnston, Carr, etc. Dorsey looked jacked on a few occassions, head-slapping and what not. Tank, DJ, Williams, too.

You really think Boone will be gone next year? heh.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Boone is playing well as a reserve DT. He came here with few miles on his legs, so even though he is 31/32, I expect he'll be here a couple more years at least.