PDA

View Full Version : Football Bengals Sign Another Criminal

BigCatDaddy
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Maybe a Franchise actually ran worse then the Chiefs.

Running back Cedric Benson signed Tuesday with the Cincinnati Bengals, who needed another runner and were undeterred by two alcohol-related arrests in Texas that prompted the Chicago Bears to let him go.

Benson

Benson will take the spot of running back DeDe Dorsey, who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday after hurting his hamstring in a 20-12 loss to Cleveland. Chris Perry is Cincinnati's starting running back.

Benson was Chicago's first-round pick in the 2005 draft out of Texas. He started 12 games for the Bears from 2005-07, running for 1,593 yards and 10 touchdowns.

He missed five games with an ankle injury last season, but had a career-high 674 yards. Benson was arrested in May on charges of boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest, and again in June on a drunken driving charge in Austin, Texas.

Two grand juries in Travis County, Texas, declined to indict Benson on the charges last week, ending the cases.

Delano
09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Interesting, considering a squeaky clean Shaun Alexander is available.

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Maybe a Franchise actually ran worse then the Chiefs.

There is quite a few franchises that are way worse than the Chiefs.

Frazod
09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
He's not really so much a criminal as a dumbass. I figured it would only be a matter of time before somebody took a chance on him after the charges (somehow) went away.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
He's not a criminal at all. No charges were ever filed.

rambleonthruthefog
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
i used the same lawyer as benson bout 6 mnth ago. i was innocent, maybe benson was too.

kcxiv
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
There is quite a few franchises that are way worse than the Chiefs.

Worse and way worse imo are in the same freaking class. Dissapointed every year. Even at 8-8 imo its the same thing. YOu dont have a chance to play a post season game.