PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Both starting tackles for Carolina injured

angelo
10-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Carolina's starting Left Tackle recieved a Grade 3 Concussion last sunday and is most likely out for this sunday.

Their starting right tackle Jeff Otah has a high ankle sprain and is Questionable.

per rotoworld

It could be a good day for the young d-line

My apologies if it is a re post.

Ang

RockChalk
10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Should be an interesting game if this is true. Actually, this game will probably be Herm's ultimate wet dream game. Low scoring, lots of field goals and field position battles.

TrickyNicky
10-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I suspect we will still have problems getting to the QB in time.

ChiefGator
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I suspect we will still have problems getting to the QB in time.

No way... we'll get one sack this weekend... I can feel it!

Red Dawg
10-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Carolina is a good team.. If we don't get killed by over 20 it will be a victory.

MGRS13
10-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Prepare to hear what a "great job these young tackles are doing" a lot on sunday. No matter the game no matter the situation any time a young player or backup gets in the game against the chiefs we always make them look good. How many backup QB's have stepped into the game against us in the last few years and looked like world beaters. This year it's backup tackles either way don't get excited, unless your a Panthers fan, we will make them look great.

The Franchise
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
They're going to line Julius Peppers on McIntosh and Huard will be dead within the 1st quarter.

el borracho
10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Our starting defensive line (Hali, Dorsey, Tyler and McBride) so far this season has combined for 0 sacks. In fact, through 4 games the Chiefs as a team have combined for 3 sacks. Yes, 3 sacks in 4 games. I shouldn't get too excited about the Panthers' tackles being out. I'm sure it won't make a bit of difference; we have no pass rush this year.

Sure-Oz
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I predict tamba hali doesn't get a sack

PhillyChiefFan
10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Our starting defensive line (Hali, Dorsey, Tyler and McBride) so far this season has combined for 0 sacks. In fact, through 4 games the Chiefs as a team have combined for 3 sacks. Yes, 3 sacks in 4 games. I shouldn't get too excited about the Panthers' tackles being out. I'm sure it won't make a bit of difference; we have no pass rush this year.

Field goals win football games, not sacks - Herm.

Friendo
10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
No way... we'll get one sack this weekend... I can feel it!

Jake has absolutely zero pocket finesse--all you need to do is pressure him. that said, Panthers have more than enough offensive weapons to bail his ass out. Gun better account for Rosario.

milkman
10-01-2008, 11:10 AM

Way to go out on a limb there.

Sure-Oz
10-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Way to go out on a limb there.

Now that i have said that he will have a few sacks to prove me wrong

blueballs
10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Will they leave Thigpen there
Jake ain't so snakey
is he

Coach
10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Sweet. Can't wait for our defensive ends to get outright owned by a back-up tackle.

Micjones
10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Didn't Tamba struggle to get pressure when facing a backup Tackle a few weeks back?

He needs to be moved back to his original spot.

blueballs
10-01-2008, 11:21 AM
another back up QB
comes in and becomes a star

morphius
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Now that i have said that he will have a few sacks to prove me wrong
But it will be the kind where the QB falls over and he is the first to touch him.

milkman
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Didn't Tamba struggle to get pressure when facing a backup Tackle a few weeks back?

Yep

We need to draft a real DE and use Tamba as depth.

Micjones
10-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Yep

We need to draft a real DE and use Tamba as depth.

That's a bit much for me. I think he's a quality #2 DE.
He's just in the wrong spot.

We definitely need a pass-rushing DE though.

ModSocks
10-01-2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah, he's a roll player, not a star. He needs JA

milkman
10-01-2008, 11:50 AM

Tamba is maxed out physically.

I believe that by the end of the year, Turk will surpass Tamba's ceiling at LDE, with potential for more growth.

He's already a better run defender.

It's only a matter of time before he starts to grasp the intricacies of rushing the passer.

StcChief
10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
They're going to line Julius Peppers on McIntosh and Huard will be dead within the 1st quarter.
Cottam / TG will be behind McIntosh all game

LOCOChief
10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I'll bet tamba doesn't think he'll get a sack this year. In an interview with him several weeks ago when Herm was saying that sacks aren't as important as stopping the run, tamba comes out and says he needs sacks and he didn't sound confident that the move to the other side was working. I was pretty dissapointed with his comments but not nearly as much as his play has dissapointed me. If I were to guess now, he aint goin to work out as a #1 DE

cabletech94
10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
How many sacks does our boy JA have nowadays?

Redrum_69
10-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Do you really want the Chiefs to win again and screw up the draft position for 2009?

milkman
10-01-2008, 12:05 PM
If I were to guess now, he aint goin to work out as a #1 DE

If you were to look back to discussions of this subject during OTAs and TC, you'd find that there were a few of us that told you then it wasn't going to work out.

Redrum_69
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
all the chiefs will do is win a measly 4 or 5 games, what if they break loose and win 8 games, but still out of the playoffs...

do you considering that a winning season?

would you rather chose in the middle of the first or the first in the first

rambleonthruthefog
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM

my thouths exactly. with him at RE, were weaker at both end positions than last year. with him at LE, were only weaker at 1 end position.

rambleonthruthefog
10-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Do you really want the Chiefs to win again and screw up the draft position for 2009?

yes, draft position = overrated.

L.A. Chieffan
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Special Agents Johnston and Johnson baby

Hydrae
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM

DE 69 Allen, Jared ACT TCKL 11 SCK 2.0 FF 0 INT -- MIN

Demonpenz
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Jared allen is going to have a field day!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Carolina's starting Left Tackle recieved a Grade 3 Concussion last sunday and is most likely out for this sunday.

Their starting right tackle Jeff Otah has a high ankle sprain and is Questionable.

per rotoworld

It could be a good day for the young d-line

Ang

The only game I wanted to win this year was the last one. I hope we lose the rest of the year to rid ourselves of Herm and Carl.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Although this is true, teams have mostly been running on us AND when they don't we have been getting CLOSE. FWIW

cmh6476
10-01-2008, 01:08 PM

Ang

it is, but no one gave a damn about my post so your good

:)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192966&highlight=panthers

MIAdragon
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
yes, draft position = overrated.

:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts
10-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Cool. I have a prediction too. The sky will be blue for the foreseeable future.

cmh6476
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
:spock:
I may not necessarily agree with that, but at the same time I think we need to be able to judge the talent on our team this year. Trotting Thigpen out there to lsoe every game, while our offense goes 3 and out 6 times in a row before getting a first down and having our D on the field 3 times as much as our O in no way gives us a fair indicator of what we actually have on this team.

Keep Carr and Flowers starting. Let both Herb and Albert play together on the same line. Get DaJuan Morgan more playing time. make Demorrio Williiams a full-time starter. Let's see what we have in our youthful D-Line. Let's see where we are at with our young receivers. Let's see how many games this team can win.

Then, regardless of where we draft next year, we know where we are as a team, can hit the free agent market to address positions of need, and be able to move forward without taking another step back next off-season.

KCKY-Fan4life
10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I live in Charlotte and am going to the game. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Anyone know the status on Brandon Alpert? Looked like he hurt his arm pretty bad.

Hootie
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
could be a good game for Carolina if this is true, considering how little of a pass rush our ends generate.

el borracho
10-01-2008, 11:23 PM

Heh. Jared Allen's sack total so far this year = 66% of our team total this year.

SBK
10-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I live in Charlotte and am going to the game. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Anyone know the status on Brandon Alpert? Looked like he hurt his arm pretty bad.

Alpert didn't make it. Took him to the hospital and the doc had to put him down.

FAX
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow ... this can't be right. I haven't been following the Vikes. Are they really 1 and 3? And Allen has 2 total sacks? And a grand total of 8 solo tackles in 4 games? Geez.

FAX