PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff 'tis but a Scratch! A scratch? Your body's off!

Amnorix
10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Presumably this video was not taken by Hog Farmer.

A snake, not quite realizing that it's head has been hacked off, most likely by a shovel, makes like the Black Knight.

http://www.break.com/index/snake-attacks-after-losing-body.html

:eek::eek::eek:

Warning -- while video is SFW, the website in general has some NSFW elements.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I never leave the head in that good of shape!

chasedude
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I've been thinking of decapitation lately for some reason :spock: How long can the brain survive on what oxygen it has if it is decapitated for the rest of the body?

After being beheaded on the gallows could you still be conscience for 15 seconds or so until the final end?

chiefs1okie
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I've been thinking of decapitation lately for some reason :spock: How long can the brain survive on what oxygen it has if it is decapitated for the rest of the body?

After being beheaded on the gallows could you still be conscience for 15 seconds or so until the final end?

As a matter of fact I read somewhere that 15 seconds is just about the length of time the brain still functions and cognizant awareness is still present . I will try to remember where I read that and post the source for you. I do remember reading that and thinking about that Al Queida video of the soldiers decapitation and how really pissed it made me and how horrible I felt for the guy and what his last visions and sights were.

Adept Havelock
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM

If you are beheaded on the gallows, someone is doing it wrong. ;)

I presume you meant guillotine. Some claim that the eyes continue to blink and the mouth attempted to form words for a brief interval afterwards.

chasedude
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
If you are beheaded on the gallows, someone is doing it wrong. ;)

I presume you meant guillotine. Some claim that the eyes continue to blink and the mouth attempted to form words for a brief interval afterwards.

Yeah the guillotine, that's what I meant. :doh!:

Amnorix
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
The cause of death.
Beheading is as humane as any modern method of execution if carried out correctly and a single blow is sufficient to decapitate the prisoner. Consciousness is probably lost within 2-3 seconds, due to a rapid fall of the “intracranial perfusion of blood" (blood supply to the brain). The person dies from shock and anoxia due to haemorrhage and loss of blood pressure within less than 60 seconds. However, because the muscles and vertebrae of the neck are tough, decapitation may require more than one blow. Death occurs due to separation of the brain and spinal cord, after the transection (cutting through) of the surrounding tissues, together with massive haemorrhage.
It has often been reported that the eyes and mouths of the decapitated have shown signs of movement. It has been calculated that the human brain has enough oxygen stored for metabolism to persist for about 7 seconds after the head is cut off.

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/behead.html

Then there is this, which I find very difficult to believe.

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=495