PDA

View Full Version : Life Please post your recurring dream(s)...

Simply Red
10-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Please post your recurring dream(s)......(short-versions, please)

What were they about, what was odd???... etc,etc.

Simply Red
10-01-2008, 06:58 PM
This thread requires too much typing.

10-01-2008, 07:04 PM
This thread requires too much typing.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_cat.gif

alanm
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Does anyone besides me pretty much instantly forget what you were dreaming about the moment you awake?
Unless it's really vivid I do. I almost never have nightmares.
The dreams that I do remember usually involve family, friends or are related to my former law enforcement work. :shrug:

Iowanian
10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
When I was little, I had a recurring dream where I was a cowboy, sitting by a campfire with 2-3 other cowboys. Suddenly, out of the dark of night, and Indian runs from the blackness and shoved a knife into the middle of my chest.

I had that dream a lot.

When I got older, I had another recurring dream, many many times.

I was an American Soldier in WWII. Its dusk, the sky growing orange as I lean against a crumbling stone wall with a large windmill in front of me to the left about 100 yards away. I'm in a vicious firefight and the Germans just keep coming and coming and coming. A guy who I think is my brother is to my right and I think another is down the hill.

I'm blazing away with what I believe is an M1. I'm firing and firing and the clip Klinks and ejects. I reach for the last one and as I'm jamming it in the top, it bends, or the bullets come apart or something and it won't reload.....I'm fighting with it furiously, hear something and look up just in time to see a Kraut coming over the wall to bury a bayonet into my chest.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I posted this awhile back.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3288346&highlight=school+dream#post3288346

I can't figure out why I keep having this dream.

In the dream, I'm back in high school. I'm skipping classes like crazy. I'm wandering the halls, trying to elude teachers and administrators. With each passing day, it becomes harder and harder to go back to any of the classes I'm skipping, because I've missed so much time. There are three classes I regularly attend: Theatre, Math and some Computer class. I can vividly recall skipping history, english and science. I can vividly recall the teachers from these classes...teachers that once taught me in high school. I avoid them in the halls.

I hate this dream. MAKE IT STOP!

By the way, for a long time last year I was having a recurring dream where I was back in High School skipping classes, even though I knew I was failing them. Many times during this recurring dream I would be wandering the school hallways, trying to avoid teachers. There was also the distinct feeling of having days where there were certain classes I would go to, and others I would definitely not. As my "hooky" got worse and worse, I began to have the feeling that I could never go back to the classes I was skipping.

Bugeater
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Does anyone besides me pretty much instantly forget what you were dreaming about the moment you awake?
Unless it's really vivid I do. I almost never have nightmares.
The dreams that I do remember usually involve family, friends or are related to my former law enforcement work. :shrug:
I rarely remember my dreams, in fact I'm not even sure I dream every night.

luv
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
When I was little, I had a recurring dream where I was a cowboy, sitting by a campfire with 2-3 other cowboys. Suddenly, out of the dark of night, and Indian runs from the blackness and shoved a knife into the middle of my chest.

I had that dream a lot.

I was an American Soldier in WWII. Its dusk, the sky growing orange as I lean against a crumbling stone wall with a large windmill in front of me to the left about 100 yards away. I'm in a vicious firefight and the Germans just keep coming and coming and coming. A guy who I think is my brother is to my right and I think another is down the hill.

I'm blazing away with what I believe is an M1. I'm firing and firing and the clip Klinks and ejects. I reach for the last one and as I'm jamming it in the top, it bends, or the bullets come apart or something and it won't reload.....I'm fighting with it furiously, hear something and look up just in time to see a Kraut coming over the wall to bury a bayonet into my chest.

Dreams are usually symbolic somehow. Maybe you're going to die of a heart attack. Don't those feel like you're having stabbing pains?

Simply Red
10-01-2008, 07:36 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3288346&highlight=school+dream#post3288346

Wow man, I apologize, I didn't see it.

Iowanian
10-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I haven't had the dream for a few years now.

I doubt I'm having a heart attack.....Its probably reflux or heartburn in reality. Its like dreaming my arm is broken and waking up and its asleep. I'll dream I'm fighting and my hand is broken...and wake up with a tightly gripped fist I've been laying on.

I do think dreams relate in some way to things you're dealing with.

If I'm struggling with something, I'll dream that I'm barefoot running on rocks...trying to keep up with my brothers, forget my helmet when I'm supposed to go into the football game...stuff like that. Always barefoot, gun won't load in a firefight...never keeping up with my brothers. We know where that would go in a professional evaluation.

A couple of weeks ago, for several nights in a row, my dreams had water in them. I was on a tractor of value(one that was my grandads that in the dream my dad had just refinished) and I rolled it into a pond of cold, clear water. Another night, I was in a desert, chasing someone who had a lady or kid I was trying to save and came to an oasis....down a very steep dune, ocean waves slapping the shore furiously...and the water was cold and full of stingrays and jellyfish. I was terrified to fall in, and some little kid was playing in the edge, catching the creatures.

I dream some strange things, that I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with.

Simply Red
10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I had one as a child and have a different one today.

Today, I dream about this very loose spiral highway heading into the sky and there are exits I stop by, some are the towns I grew up in, others are my old house, the one I just moved from in April. I stop at some, others I don't. There is always drama, hapiness and sadness when whoever is driving and whatever he/she is driving stops off at an exit.

BIG K
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM

Though I have not had one for a couple of years, I have had a recurring dream for almost 35 years. Things change a little bit here and there but, the nature of the dream is the same. Aliens land on earth and make contact. The leader of the Alien party makes contact with me, (different forms of the leader over time) and I inadvertantly kill the leader in each dream. Gunfire, handshakes, frying pans, and drinking Bud Light till he dies are usually the form of death.

These unfortunate incidents result in the absolute destruction of our planet.....

barry_smilez20
10-01-2008, 09:55 PM
i keep dreaming the lions are going to go 0-16, but then i wake up and realize its not a dream

boogblaster
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I dream different things but one dream is a nitemare .. it is with a couple dead friends .. they keep trying to take me to different places, crazy places, with other people I've seen but don't know ... I have this dream at least twice monthly ... Don't know if they are coming for me or what, its freaky ...

T-post Tom
10-01-2008, 10:51 PM

I had that dream a lot.

Paging Nurse Ratchet...

MIAdragon
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Almost every night I have a dream where Im driving, I look down to change cd's, when I look back up the light in front of me has turned red and right before I slam into the back of the cars stopped at the light I wake up.

T-post Tom
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Almost every night I have a dream where Im driving, I look down to change cd's, when I look back up the light in front of me has turned red and right before I slam into the back of the cars stopped at the light I wake up.

And I dream about a cowgirl smuggling raisins in a turquoise top...

MIAdragon
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
And I dream about a cowgirl smuggling raisins in a turquoise top...

dude if I could change it I would.

JuicesFlowing
10-02-2008, 02:09 AM
I have never had a recurring dream. I've also never had the prototypical nightmare. I do have mostly strange dreams though. My dreams are sort of like cartoons, where reality is blurred and death and pain are always avoided no matter what's happening.

Howlin Wolf
10-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I often dream of 100,000 leftists swimming to Cuba with a muslim under each arm.

angelo
10-02-2008, 07:02 AM
I have the same dream at least once a week.

I am standing at the top of a pyramid in these sun god like robes and there are thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

Ang

Molitoth
10-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I have 2 re-occuring dreams...

1) I'm jumping on a trampoline, with each bounce I get higher and higher.... and eventually I get as high as the tree's and even higher.... then I get this super bounce and when I'm falling I think I'm going to die when I hit the ground.... then right before I smack, I wake up.

2) I drive to Snow Creek from St. Joe and when I walk into the lodge I see my buddies run out the door and head to the lift. I look around and cannot find my board or my boots, and come to realize I left them at home. At this time I also realize I do not have any cash to rent anything so I'm a sitting duck.

Ya, I have had both of these dreams multiple times.... no clue what they are supposed to mean.

Chiefs=Champions
10-02-2008, 07:21 AM
i have this same dream where i fail to be able to do something... like i get the sensation i cant run when im playing football or something like that...

also have these recurring nightmares when im running away from things.. or hiding in my house like from zombies, giant rat, dinosaurs etc... sometime that dreamsfun though cuse on occassions i fight them off and it almost like a game... othertimes its just plain scary...

Lzen
10-02-2008, 07:53 AM
There's this one where I'm having a threesome with two ugly chicks

Lzen
10-02-2008, 08:03 AM

I had that dream a lot.

Did you ever see a shrink?

Kidding......well, somewhat. Those are some messed up dreams for a little kid.

When I was little I would sometimes have nightmares of tornadoes. As if the tornado was sentient and it was trying to get me.

Another dream thing I remember is I would fly around a lot and I had a different name.

Hootie
10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
when my first girlfriend and I broke up, I was devastated, and I had dreams about her all of the time...

When I worked in a restaurant, I used to have dreams all of the time about being 'wrapped' out...

It's always fun to wake up from those dreams...unless I was having sex with the ex...then I was just pissed off.

Redrum_69
10-02-2008, 08:27 AM
I have this recurring dream where I am watching myself walk out of this apartment building, carjack the nearest car, then drive around running over hydrants, dumpsters, and newsstands. If I get hungry, i buy a hot dog or chicken sandwich, i meet chicks online and take them to play darts and get drunk then drive them home, sometimes we bowl, sometimes we shoot pool, other times I help out friends by taxiing people around the city, or recovering merchandise that was or now is previously stolen.

but thats about it..

oh yeah, and I even drive a really fast awesome bike.

Frosty
10-02-2008, 08:29 AM
One for me is that it is the final term of my senior year in college. I have an advanced math class that I have basically forgotten about all term that I have to pass or I can't graduate. Finals are coming in a week and I am in a complete panic.

I still get that damn dream sometimes, even though I graduated in '94. :mad:

Craqhead
10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
when a youngster i had the same dream a couple times about the end of the world

I was out walking in the fields and kept seeing angels taking peeps up into the sky.

One came for me and i wouldnt leave... she kept trying too get me too come too heaven but i seen too many of my friends still left behind.

After the angels left w/ all the peeps too heaven the demons started too appear.

thats the short of that

the wierd part is i had that dream several times as a child would wake up in bed screaming... i also had the very same dream later in life, i just turned 40... so i would have too say it was around mid too late 20's that i had the same dream again... and i had it like twice.

CoMoChief
10-02-2008, 09:25 AM
When I was really little I used to have nightmares about those flying monkeys on the Wizard of Oz.

The dream would pretty much be my window would blast open.......wind debris everything flying around.....the strong wind would pick up my bed and would twirl it around, I guess this part would be from the tornado in the movie.....then the flying monkeys would come into my window and capture me.....then I'd wake up.

- regardless i used to watch that move A LOT when I was little.

Also used to have this recurring dream where I was myself, but I was a video game character but in real life and someone had control of what I would do......kinda freaky but kinda cool because I could fly and shit.

Redrum_69
10-02-2008, 09:28 AM
kinda freaky but kinda cool because I could fly and shit.

i think you may be on to something...

pilots seats..that are toilets...

King_Chief_Fan
10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Herm Edwards gets hired by Oakland

Scaga
10-02-2008, 09:39 AM
"Is it that Dream where hundreds of naked women are throwing tiny little pickles at you....Why am I the only one that has that dream???"

Rooster
10-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Sadly enough it really isn't that hard to F*&k up a wet dream. :( I have never understood that saying.

Lzen
10-02-2008, 01:48 PM

I was out walking in the fields and kept seeing angels taking peeps up into the sky.

One came for me and i wouldnt leave... she kept trying too get me too come too heaven but i seen too many of my friends still left behind.

After the angels left w/ all the peeps too heaven the demons started too appear.

thats the short of that

the wierd part is i had that dream several times as a child would wake up in bed screaming... i also had the very same dream later in life, i just turned 40... so i would have too say it was around mid too late 20's that i had the same dream again... and i had it like twice.

Perhaps somebody is trying to tell you something. :hmmm:

DJJasonp
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
"Is it that Dream where hundreds of naked women are throwing tiny little pickles at you....Why am I the only one that has that dream???"

Two of you beat me to it.......

Funny how we can all quote Real Genius, but cant seem to remember what we had for dinner two nights ago.

MOhillbilly
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM

**** that.

tooge
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, for most of them when I wake up I think "dammit, why couldn't I have slept for 5 more minutes". Talk about a cruel joke on mankind

Jilly
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
what is this dreaming and sleeping of which you are speaking?

Simply Red
10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
**** that.

ROFL

The Franchise
10-02-2008, 05:31 PM
The only dream I can really remember having is I'm up on a cliff looking out at the scenery. There is a railing at the end so as to stop you from accidently falling off or whatever. In my dream I could watch myself walk up to the railing...climb over it and jump off....but I couldn't stop myself. I would be dreaming the entire time I'm falling....until I get ready to hit and then I would wake up.

Programmer
10-02-2008, 05:33 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">I can't figure out why I keep having this dream.

In the dream, I'm back in high school. I'm skipping classes like crazy. I'm wandering the halls, trying to elude teachers and administrators. With each passing day, it becomes harder and harder to go back to any of the classes I'm skipping, because I've missed so much time. There are three classes I regularly attend: Theatre, Math and some Computer class. I can vividly recall skipping history, english and science. I can vividly recall the teachers from these classes...teachers that once taught me in high school. I avoid them in the halls.

I hate this dream. MAKE IT STOP! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So this is an ongoing thing? Still in HS and living in momma's basement might be the reason you are still having the dream.

Programmer
10-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm jumping on a trampoline, with each bounce I get higher and higher.... and eventually I get as high as the tree's and even higher.... then I get this super bounce and when I'm falling I think I'm going to die when I hit the ground.... then right before I smack, I wake up.

I've heard a few people talk about that type of dream. Some jump on the trampoline until they gain flight and then during their flight they fall towards the ground in a bungee type motion. All of them have said they wake up before they do the watermelon dance on the pavement.

Discuss Thrower
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I've heard a few people talk about that type of dream. Some jump on the trampoline until they gain flight and then during their flight they fall towards the ground in a bungee type motion. All of them have said they wake up before they do the watermelon dance on the pavement.

I get that type of dream, using falling accidently off a cliff or other high ground and waking up as I hypnic jerk in a motion that makes me feel like I've actually fallen. I also somehow think/dream about tripping as I fall asleep which triggers a leg jerk.

I also dreamed about dying the other night, and I've seen that dream before...

Hammock Parties
10-02-2008, 05:48 PM
So this is an ongoing thing? Still in HS and living in momma's basement might be the reason you are still having the dream.

No, I haven't had the dream in months.

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 12:34 AM
and there I was at third but the runs were scoring but I couldn't throw it. My throwing lane was obstructed grrr!!!!

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 12:35 AM

Haven't had this dream in forever. :)

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-05-2010, 04:23 AM

thats the short of that

I had a nightmare that I was unable to understand when to spell " to " as two, too or to .

JD10367
06-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Pickles chasing donuts through tunnels. I think it's about sex?

They say if you keep a notebook next to your bed and write what you remember as soon as you wake up, over time you'll start recalling more details every morning.

Chiefless
06-05-2010, 07:15 AM
I have a LOT of vivid dreams and nightmares. While they don't recur visually (they are always different) the themes are the same. I have learned to analyze them by breaking them down into general terms. I weed out all of the specifics. Take Iwonian's dream for example:

If that was my dream I would say: I believe I am up against insurmountable odds with my brothers.

Again, if it were me, I would say that luck is going against me in addition to the insurmountable odds...Like "If this s**t wasn't hard enough already, now the only tool I have for fixing it broke too...WTF."

Then I apply those general terms to specific things in my everyday life. What is it that I feel is "attacking" me and what is my "broken weapon?" For example maybe work is going bad for me and now my wife is pissed at me too. If nothing else it removes the terror from the crazy f***ed up nightmares I have.

Ugly Duck
06-05-2010, 07:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/etopics/anthony/jamarcus_broncos.jpg

Oucho Cinco
06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I keep dreaming that the Chiefs suck, it's tends to follow each season. I wish I could dream that they win the Superbowl again and again and again.

boogblaster
06-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Dont know if its a coming or warning but Ive dreamed of different stuff with all of my dead friends lately ....