PDA

View Full Version : Misc SF might be a sanctuary city for prostitution

Mojo Rising
10-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I was just reviewing the ballot measures because I wanted to read the language about the measure to rename our waste treatment facility after Bush (no comment as I don't want to get political) and noticed that we have a measure on the ballot to essentially legalize prostition.

We are already a sanctuary city for illegal aliens. Now we will be a sanctuary city for prostitution. It was the last mayors policy to de-prioritize arresting people for smoking weed but was never a law. This will be an actual law.

The prostitution thing is interesting as the cops and the DA had a political fight about this a few years back. Our DA (soon to be running for Attny General) is morally opposed to the death penalty. A cop was killed and she refused to pursue capital punishment.

The cops didn't like it and raided a few of the local strip clubs (rub and tugs in disguise) as the Mayors office has supported a hands off (pun intended) policy toward the clubs.

Here is text from the law:

A “YES” VOTE MEANS: If you vote "yes," you want the City to:
• stop enforcing laws against prostitution,
• stop funding or supporting the First Offender Prostitution
Program or any similar anti-prostitution program,
• enforce existing criminal laws that prohibit crimes such as battery,
extortion and rape, regardless of the victim's status as a
sex worker, and
• fully disclose the investigation and prosecution of violent
crimes against sex workers.
A “NO” VOTE MEANS: If you vote “no,” you do not want to make
these changes.

If you would like to check out the entire legal language

http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/elections/Nov2008_VIP_EN_2.pdf

Page 148

I can't believe that with pass but I found it interesting that this was the 1st I heard of this.

Looks like Big Daddy will be moving from Redwood City.

2bikemike
10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
They should legalize Prostitution and Weed. Tax the hell out of them both and end the California Budget problems.

Mojo Rising
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
They should legalize Prostitution and Weed. Tax the hell out of them both and end the California Budget problems.

I agree. They do need to do the prostition thing with some sort of supervision. There is a problem with underage girls and illegal (slaves) in the current system. It will only get worse with this law.

That would never pass though because you would need a distrcit where these would be allowed and no-one wants one near their home or business. It's not like we're Nevada that can allow them in the middle of the desert.

Vegas and Reno don't even allow them.

Considering these policies and all of the Communist State of CA psts I've seen. It seems that we are much more free than the rest of the country.

We also have another ridiculous vote to end the Iraq war though. What a waste of money to have a ballot initiative on something that can not happen.

sfchief
10-04-2008, 12:25 AM
You can drive-by 16th and Shotwell anytime and pick up a ho.
I think this is a way to get rid of the first offender program and to be able to arrest the pimps for beatn on their bitches.

Otter
10-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Hard to believe people are willing to pay to stick their junk in those chicks.

greg63
10-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Do police actually crack down on prostitution there now; do they actually need a vote legalizing it?

Mojo Rising
10-04-2008, 01:23 AM
I don't know what is behind this legislation. Is it Craigslist so the tourists can legally arrange a girl in their room?

We might be the only city in the USA where you could fly in Friday morning and pick-up a free newspaper that advertises the Dr.'s that prescribe weed for back pain and be at a marijuana club with a prescription by noon.

You could then go back to your hotel room and have a legal hooker in your room by 1.

The current system, because it is illegal, is shady.

They do patrol it because the same girls are also on crystal and hang with thieves.

16th and Shotwell? That is the hood. There are a lot more that target tourists and visitors from the rest of the Bay Area in lower Nob Hill ir the Tenderloin (A very bad neighborhood near all of the tourist hotels.)

blueballs
10-04-2008, 03:05 AM
How can a politician in good continence
vote against prostitution

morphius
10-04-2008, 06:49 AM
If they make weed legal, wouldn't most people just grow it themselves, killing all income one would get from such a tax?

StcChief
10-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Soddom

Sully
10-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Bowser
10-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Soddom

Yes, you could probably get anal sex from a ho in San Fran.

2bikemike
10-04-2008, 05:18 PM
If they make weed legal, wouldn't most people just grow it themselves, killing all income one would get from such a tax?

There is always lazy fuggers like me who would be to lazy to put the time and effort in to growing the good stuff.

teedubya
10-04-2008, 05:18 PM
When he said ballot measures... I read bailout measures.

teedubya
10-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't know what is behind this legislation. Is it Craigslist so the tourists can legally arrange a girl in their room?

We might be the only city in the USA where you could fly in Friday morning and pick-up a free newspaper that advertises the Dr.'s that prescribe weed for back pain and be at a marijuana club with a prescription by noon.

You could then go back to your hotel room and have a legal hooker in your room by 1.

The current system, because it is illegal, is shady.

They do patrol it because the same girls are also on crystal and hang with thieves.

16th and Shotwell? That is the hood. There are a lot more that target tourists and visitors from the rest of the Bay Area in lower Nob Hill ir the Tenderloin (A very bad neighborhood near all of the tourist hotels.)

Keep in mind that San Fran also has a lot less single women than a lot of other cities.

Cities with a lot of single males... need to have legalized prostitution via Craigslist ho's. $100 per half hour. A couple 2-3 dates can cost up to $500 or more sometimes.

Ho's are good in a depression.