PDA

View Full Version : Football Fall Classic at Arrowhead

Coach
10-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Pittsburg St. v. Northwest Missouri State.

Who's goin?

Kerberos
10-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Are there any incentives?

:D

Reaper16
10-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Are there any incentives?

:D
Well, the incentive is that its always some top-quality college football by two local teams who happen to be powerhouses at the D2 level. That should be reason enough to go for college football fans.

If people that claim to be college football fans can't get excited about Northwest vs Pitt State, then they need to go fuck themselves.

Reaper16
10-04-2008, 09:53 PM
BTW -- Northwest rolls to a 35-10 victory; LaRon Council rushed for well over 120 yards with 4 TDs. Today wasn't the all-time-classic that last year's game was, but I'm not about to argue with the results.

NW remains undefeated in conference play, and dominatingly so. NW improves every week; in what I figured to be a rebuilding year, NW may just make another deep run into the playoffs.

Coach
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
BTW -- Northwest rolls to a 35-10 victory; LaRon Council rushed for well over 120 yards with 4 TDs. Today wasn't the all-time-classic that last year's game was, but I'm not about to argue with the results.

NW remains undefeated in conference play, and dominatingly so. NW improves every week; in what I figured to be a rebuilding year, NW may just make another deep run into the playoffs.

NW's running game isn't overally that impressive, but it is balanced out with more of a passing attack. I just hope that they can find their power running (like they did under Oman) by the time cold weather comes around, because chucking the ball around in the cold weather could be disasterous.

Reaper16
10-04-2008, 09:57 PM
NW's running game isn't overally that impressive, but it is balanced out with more of a passing attack. I just hope that they can find their power running (like they did under Oman) by the time cold weather comes around, because chucking the ball around in the cold weather could be disasterous.
We've been spoiled with Omon all these years. Fact is, Council has been nothing but impressive this season. We don't lean on him to the degree we leaned on Omon because NW's passing game has caught up with its running game.

The balane that NW has now would have been very useful, say, against Valdosta St. in the title game last year.

Coach
10-04-2008, 10:03 PM
We've been spoiled with Omon all these years. Fact is, Council has been nothing but impressive this season. We don't lean on him to the degree we leaned on Omon because NW's passing game has caught up with its running game.

The balane that NW has now would have been very useful, say, against Valdosta St. in the title game last year.

Oh I agree, but at the same time though, we must not forget that NW had several home games during the playoffs when it was really cold, especially the Grand Valley State game in NWMSU. Their power running game pretty much won that game.