PDA

View Full Version : Life Samuel Adams Octoberfest WOW!

Bwana
10-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm not all the jiggy about regular Samuel Adams and the Summer brew was so so, but this Octoberfest is outstanding. I had two draws last week on the road with dinner and was blown away. I just picked up a case for the man fridge out in the shop to fill in the holes. If you want to try a fantastic tasting beer, give this a shot. :BLVD:

TrickyNicky
10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Their Honey Porter is damn good too.

10-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I hate Sam Adams regular, but I recently tried the winter brew and it was really good. Thanks for the heads up! :toast:

PS: Try the Becks Octoberfest! you will be hammered just drinkin a couple of them. they're powerful. :)

cdcox
10-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, Octoberfest is by far the best of the SA lineup. I buy a few sixes every year.

Bwana
10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
I hate Sam Adams regular, but I recently tried the winter brew and it was really good. Thanks for the heads up! :toast:

PS: Try the Becks Octoberfest! you will be hammered just drinkin a couple of them. they're powerful. :)

Not a problem, you will warm right up to it. ;)

QuikSsurfer
10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
One of my favorites. Paulaner makes a good Oktoberfest as well.

Pablo
10-04-2008, 06:09 PM
It is a very good brew.

I also enjoy SA Cherry Wheat.

Pablo
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
One of my favorites. Paulaner makes a good Oktoberfest as well.Paulaner makes a great wheat beer. Just very expensive.

luv
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM
It is a very good brew.

I also enjoy SA Cherry Wheat.

I tried it, but I didn't care for it.

Pneuma
10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Their Honey Porter is damn good too.

I agree with the Honey Porter as well. I also like the Brown Ale and the Black Lager. SA usually makes a 6er with all three of the above during the winter. I usually get a couple.

I will give the SA Octobeerfest a try.

chiefs1111
10-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm not all the jiggy about regular Samuel Adams and the Summer brew was so so, but this Octoberfest is outstanding. I had two draws last week on the road with dinner and was blown away. I just picked up a case for the man fridge out in the shop to fill in the holes. If you want to try a fantastic tasting beer, give this a shot. :BLVD:

Ill have to give that a shot,thanks for the heads up...

chiefs1111
10-04-2008, 06:28 PM

Winter Brew I like a lot as well

Frazod
10-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I still have a couple of the SA summer ales left in the fridge. I should crack one open tonight.

MichaelH
10-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I have been a fan of Sam Adams Octoberfest for many years. I wish it wasn't so dang expensive. My favorite German Oktoberfest beer is by Spaten. It's much better than Becks in my opinion. :toast:

Bwana
10-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Ill have to give that a shot,thanks for the heads up...

My pleasure.....

Bwana
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I tried it, but I didn't care for it.

What are you into, Bud Light?

This has some flavor, yet is very smooth.

Shag
10-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Sam Octoberfest is great. I actually have a sixtel of it on tap at my house right now... :)

Summit makes a great O-fest, too...

Lzen
10-04-2008, 09:19 PM

Winter brew and Octoberfest are Sam Adams best 2 brews, for sure.

Becks Octoberfest was alright, but no way would I be hammered after a couple. They are the same alcohol content.

Lzen
10-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I had a couple of SA Octoberfests tonight. Now I'm working on a SA Irish Red.

stlchiefs
10-04-2008, 09:37 PM
I have been a fan of Sam Adams Octoberfest for many years. I wish it wasn't so dang expensive. My favorite German Oktoberfest beer is by Spaten. It's much better than Becks in my opinion. :toast:

Had a couple of both tonight. SA Oktoberfest and Becks Oktoberfest after they ran out of SA. Plus a couple of Warsteiner Dunkels all down at St. Louis Oktoberfest. Needless to say I'm feeling good right now after a few tasty brewhahas.

Bwana
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Had a couple of both tonight. SA Oktoberfest and Becks Oktoberfest after they ran out of SA. Plus a couple of Warsteiner Dunkels all down at St. Louis Oktoberfest. Needless to say I'm feeling good right now after a few tasty brewhahas.

Beer shows are always a great time. :thumb:

JuicesFlowing
10-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Warsteiner makes an interesting Oktoberfest. It's a bit lighter than most. It's pretty good though.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Keystone Octoberfest is very good. Cheap too.

Marcellus
10-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Keystone Octoberfest is very good. Cheap too.

Do they seriously have an Octoberfest? I drink me some KS fromtime totime, I have never seen it.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Do they seriously have an Octoberfest? I drink me some KS fromtime totime, I have never seen it.

No, I was just joshing the beer snobs.

Marcellus
10-05-2008, 09:36 AM
No, I was just joshing the beer snobs.

:D Well Bud is now making American Ale so nothing would suprise me. I was ready to go look for some.

donkhater
10-05-2008, 09:43 AM
The Paulaner and Sam Adams Octoberfests are great. I don't particulary care for the Spaten variety. The clove flavor is too strong.

Marcellus
10-05-2008, 09:51 AM
The Paulaner and Sam Adams Octoberfests are great. I don't particulary care for the Spaten variety. The clove flavor is too strong.

I will have to try the Paulaner. I like their Salvator but I can only drink about 4 before I am loopy.

MichaelH
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I went to the local beer store to buy a 12 pack of SA Octoberfest but then I saw Becks on sale for $12!! While not my favorite, it definitely beats most.

Here's to a good game guys. :toast: I get to watch it on TV today.

StcChief
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah. Beer fest yesterday in Augusta,MO. surprised by all the different Oktoberfest's
another successful charity event.....

Commercial available....
The Lienekugel Oktoberfest is very good.
Beck's Oktoberfest... a little thinner.

Schlafly Oktoberfest good.

Even the AB Marzen is decent.
but their Mich Dunkel Weisse. as good a Spaten dark dunkel.

Buck
10-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Sam Adams Octoberfest made me blackout when I was trying to nail 2 chicks.