PDA

View Full Version : MU Nebraska is a very poorly coached team

Pitt Gorilla
10-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Period. Buffalo had a better game plan and more discipline than NU employed tonight. I can't imagine that Cally would have given up so early in the game. I know I've said it many times on here, but I think you all canned Cally a year or so too early. You likely would have had better talent with which to compete and you could have likely secured a better coach.

Simply Red
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Period. Buffalo had a better game plan and more discipline than NU employed tonight. I can't imagine that Cally would have given up so early in the game. I know I've said it many times on here, but I think you all canned Cally a year or so too early. You likely would have had better talent with which to compete and you could have likely secured a better coach.

low hanging fruit?

blueballs
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
there is corn to husk

Frazod
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Dicknose did not impress me. Let's hope he keeps up the bad work.

KCinNY
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
F*** Nebraska and F*** Bo Pelini!

The entire Big 12 owes Nebraska a decade of whoop azz!

SBK
10-04-2008, 11:56 PM
F*** Nebraska and F*** Bo Pelini!

The entire Big 12 owes Nebraska a decade of whoop azz!

The Big 8 owes em about 30-40 years worth. Keep it up!

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Two points:

1) Pelini said that their goal was to shut out MU. Why would you set a goal for a game that you have a ZERO percent chance of meeting? That seems like setting your defense up for failure.

2) Pelini's team played dirty. There were several examples, but I thought this summed it up pretty well:

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

“I’m not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That’s bush league. That’s blatant disrespect,” Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the “dirtiest” teams he’s played.

“You have to settle it out on the field,” he said, “and I think we more than did that tonight.”

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 12:30 AM
So.. Bo Pelini walks into a bar...

And the barkeeper asks him, "Why the long face?"

Sorry, that's all I got...

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 04:37 AM
pellini is going to flame out...he's above his head just like Gunther was as HC

he's already "apologizing" to people...way to emotional and erratic....

Saulbadguy
10-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Unfortunately, he's still better than Ron Prince. yeeeeouch.

morphius
10-05-2008, 07:44 AM
The Big 8 owes em about 30-40 years worth. Keep it up!
Yup, it was their fault that everyone other than OU sucked against every team they played.

kcfan82
10-05-2008, 07:52 AM
I loved the play calling when it was 1rst and 15 and they were down 10 four minutes before half. Two straight run plays that got shut down when they were not affective running the ball earlier. He also did a great job of firing up the defense....

It looks like Pelini is about on par as a coach with Callahan, he's just 1/10th the recruiter.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 07:56 AM
That's shitty that the player spit on chase, wtf is that?

I wish we didn't lay off and pushed their shit in even more last night

morphius
10-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I loved the play calling when it was 1rst and 15 and they were down 10 four minutes before half. Two straight run plays that got shut down when they were not affective running the ball earlier. He also did a great job of firing up the defense....

It looks like Pelini is about on par as a coach with Callahan, he's just 1/10th the recruiter.
Are we judging his recruiting on year one? He may suck, I don't know, but I think Callahan's recruiting was way over rated as nobody did anything the entire time he was there.

kcfan82
10-05-2008, 08:03 AM
That's shitty that the player spit on chase, wtf is that?

I wish we didn't lay off and pushed their shit in even more last night

Well let's face it, he's kind of a douche whom picks his nose.

milkman
10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Well let's face it, he's kind of a douche whom picks his nose.

Whom?

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Yup, it was their fault that everyone other than OU sucked against every team they played.

They had a lot to do with it. Before the scholarship limit was put into effect, they would sign a multitude of players. It took 6 or 7 football fields for them to practice. If they found out KU or MU wanted a guy they would sign him and bury him. So since you asked, Nebraska is getting all that is coming to them.

kcfan82
10-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Are we judging his recruiting on year one? He may suck, I don't know, but I think Callahan's recruiting was way over rated as nobody did anything the entire time he was there.

Callahan didn't do a good job of developing players I guess. 5 star Marlon Lucky doesn't appear to have progressed much since he came to Nebraska.

However the class Callahan last year was nasty and it included 4 of the top olineman in the country as well as Blaine Gabbert. It was rated in the top 3 (with 20 total players) in the nation before he was axed.

That still doesn't mean he would have known how to develop and use those guys.