PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carl, do these things, and save your job.

Gravedigger
10-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Firing Herm now will do nothing for this team atm. It's the truth, it might help the play calling but the talent wouldn't get any better. LJ will still complain, Tony will still keep his go get em attitude, any of our QB's will still be either injury proned or interception proned, and our Oline will still be shaky just like our defense. This is the team that Herm built and it will be his end, but it will be at the end of the season.

The decision to fire Herm would just be to please a mob, but you have to have a guarantee that parts of those mob after they get what they want they'd come to games again, which Carl doesn't have. I don't care if Herm gets fired I just know that not a whole lot will change. You can call for blood if you want but that doesn't mean you will get it. I know that the next step requires certain things to fall in place like Junior QB's to come out, hopefully Stafford and Bradford come out this year.

Everyone knows what needs to happen after this season, besides fixing up our Oline we need that first round franchise Quarterback. Carl's job depends on two things, one getting that first round franchise quarterback to reenergize the fans and the organization, he also needs to get rid of Herm and bring in Cowher, not Marty and not some new young coach. I don't care if people say he wouldn't come here, if you give him enough money he will come here, we're not the Raiders, we're not the Rams, we're not the Bengals, and we're not the Browns, we ARE the Chiefs and we ARE better than that, if you want change than this step, and your confidence, is critical.

One major problem that I see is being the fourth or fifth pick behind a team like Houston, St. Louis, or the Lions is that Carl will not bust his ass to get what we need. I would gladly give up a 1st, a 3rd, and Larry Johnson for the Number 1 pick to pick up Stafford, and I bet that any of those teams would take it, PLUS it would also send Larry out of our hair and to another bad team. Carl is stingy, but Cowher is not, if Cowher came in and it was his draft he'd go out and give everything for that one franchise guy whether it be Stafford or Bradford, with his skills Cowher would do what Herm would not, and everyone knows that.

If we had Stafford/or Bradford and we had their intelligence, and release times/arm strength, Cowher would be intrigued in this young team. I guarantee that Cowher would get so much more out of this team than Herm would. Cowher would take the elements that Herm had placed, Carr, Flowers, Dorsey, Hali, Turk, Tank, Pollard, DJ, and all of them on the defensive side of the ball and he would turn them into what Herm wants, but not what Herm gets. Give Cowher this young team, a franchise quarterback, AND alot of money and make it happen. Marty would do a little bit more for this franchise to get it back to subpar play, but Cowher would revitalize everything.

1. Fire Herm, get Cowher.
2. Cowher gets rid of Herms staff and brings in his own.
3. Cowher gets the say in the draft, and trades up to get Matt Stafford/Sam Bradford, it will revitalize the franchise and put fans back in the stands.
4. If neither comes out, which would be kinda foolish considering the type of money they'd be turning down, then we're going to have to settle and we're SOL. Stafford/Bradford are the two best QB's coming out of the draft for the next two years, and to not get one of them would be unacceptable.

Young defense + Franchise Quarterback + Cowher = What the Chiefs should be. Carl make it happen.

And I know that this ticks off Mr. Claythan but sorry bro, it's the way things are. No Herm, and no Larry Johnson will help this team in the long run.

Bob Dole
10-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Firing Herm now would stop him from causing any more damage to the young players on this team.

And the game plan/coaching is a much larger problem than the talent.

Gravedigger
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Then fire him, I don't care lol, I care about what we do this offseason more than anything.

kstater
10-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Why do you want Carl to keep his job?

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
we don;t want Carl to save his job

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Enough of the goddamn cockfucking rat shittenheimer coaching tree.

Gravedigger
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
It's more a threatening statement than anything I dont care if they both get fired, but I can't threaten Clark cause.... well yeah lol.

Pneuma
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Cower is not the answer...He is conservative also. No one would even mention Cower if he didn't win his last Superbowl.

evolve27
10-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Cower is not the answer...He is conservative also. No one would even mention Cower if he didn't win his last Superbowl.

Cowher would bring us instant credibility.

TEX
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Firing Herm now would stop him from causing any more damage to the young players on this team.

:clap::clap::clap:

Dave Lane
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Enough of the goddamn cockf***ing rat shittenheimer coaching tree.

Well Cowher is the only one of the tree that ever learned anything on the O side of the ball. I'd take him in a heartbeat and I hate Marty / Herm...

Dave

TEX
10-05-2008, 03:54 PM

But we CAN say it because he DID win the Super Bowl as well as many division titles, playoff games, etc.

sedated
10-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Lane Kiffin is the future!

KevB
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM
If Cowher brings us what he brought the Steelers....I'm in. Conservative? A little, but he would bring back the dominating D that so energizes Arrowhead, and I think we all would take that scenario right now. Those days were fun....Arrowhead was the place to be.

2bikemike
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM

This is true. If we were at least seeing some improvement in the team I would say give Herm a chance. However I am not seeing any improvement. I realize this rebuilding will take time but you should see something every week to feel good about. Tony breaking the record was the only good thing about this game and that was a week overdue.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
If we were at least seeing some improvement in the team I would say give Herm a chance. However I am not seeing any improvement. I realize this rebuilding will take time but you should see something every week to feel good about.

I agree completely with this.

Psyko Tek
10-05-2008, 04:30 PM
hell yes get Kiffin in here

if al fire's them we'll try 'him out

can't be worse

I saw improvment in the Raiders over the last year
not so the chiefs

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
why on earth would you want carl to make any more decisions for this shit eating franchise?

he's one of the worst gms in the league

Reerun_KC
10-05-2008, 04:39 PM
No thank you to Cowher or Martha...

Never want to relive the 90's... With all the Cowher man love, you would think Uncle Rico was posting on this board with several different accounts...

Nope time for something new and fresh... Carl, Cowher, Martha, Herm, DV, etc... The good ol buddy list is stale and washed up... No freaking way...

milkman
10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
why on earth would you want carl to make any more decisions for this shit eating franchise?

he's one of the worst gms in the league

You said it best.

Carl has these myopians brainwashed.

WTF would anyone want to keep Carl, and second, why take a step backwards by hiring another Marty deciple?

You people have shit for brains.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Just say no to Cowher

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe the guy who is the D coordinator for the Giants?

FAX
10-05-2008, 05:25 PM

Well said, Mr. Bob Dole. Damage to the young guys is being done ... peeps should make no mistake about it.

And that smoke about how Herm and Gailey were going to put together an offense that maximizes the strengths of the players we have was nothing more than talk. I now believe that Herm wouldn't even have the first idea about how to accomplish that.

I feel sorry for every player we've drafted. Those poor bastards could have gone to a competent organization. I imagine that a lot of those guys are counting the days left on their contracts.

FAX