PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why won't TV talking heads...

TN_Chief
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Tell it straight about this team? It's clear...as plain as day...that Herm is incompetent. Why are the guys in the studio show or up in the booth (not the team honks...the national media) not willling to call this situation what it is?

Credit to the opponents, but that's all the TV guys will say..."Oh, Carolina did XYZ today". Where's are the comments like "Herm's playcard only has 2 plays on it" or "Herm Edwards couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag"?

The level of old-boy protection is ridiculous.

triple
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
as much as I hate Jack Harry he's the only one saying it. but he doesnt have much credibility since he's been anti-Chiefs since the reagan years

JuicesFlowing
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I was unaware that the KC Chiefs were even mentioned by NFL studio professionals. NFL Today didn't even mention Tony G in the pregame ... that was pretty telling to me.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Because Herm and Carl has paid off the talking heads

TN_Chief
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm just mystified by it. Every network carries a highlight package. And I believe the winner should be credited for playing a good game. But to never mention how hilariously incompetent the Chiefs are is to tell only half the story. The half that doesn't humiliate one of the old-boy network (that being Herm...former player and "coach"). While it's sports, it's also news (of a sort), and to omit this kind of factual information seems lame.

TrickyNicky
10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
The media loves Herm. So do Football people. He's generally well liked by almost everyone aside from the Jets and their fans. Its amazing how far a famous soundbite can take you.

KCinNY
10-05-2008, 05:08 PM
The media loves Herm. So do Football people. He's generally well liked by almost everyone aside from the Jets and their fans. Its amazing how far a famous soundbite can take you.

QFT.

The national media loves his southern preacher style of addressing the press corps.

His lack of professional competence doesn't really matter. He provides great soundbites.

Bob Dole
10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Herm is a likable enough human being--he just blows chunks as a football coach.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
It's called being professional.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I am not quite sure why everyone in the national media sing's Carl's praises.

Jewish Rabbi
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I am not quite sure why everyone in the national media sing's Carl's praises.

Because he has a sweet bike, duh.

MichaelH
10-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Just an opinion I overheard but some people may refrain from saying anything negative about a Black head coach. Even constructive criticism can be turned around if taken a certain way.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Jackoff Harry is Anti-Carl, i've seen him give the chiefs props....

No one else has the balls to question shit except Harry, hope he gets his dieing wish in Carl being fired with Edwards let go shortly after

TrickyNicky
10-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Just an opinion I overheard but some people may refrain from saying anything negative about a Black head coach. Even constructive criticism can be turned around if taken a certain way.

I smell a Whitlock article.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Who cares if he's black, he is flat out horrible, great at coach speak though

MichaelH
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Who cares if he's black, he is flat out horrible, great at coach speak though

I don't care if he was purple. He sucks as a head coach. But it wouldn't keep Al Sharpton from charging if someone was to blast him in the media.

TrickyNicky
10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Herm is half white. He has no excuse at this point.

TN_Chief
10-05-2008, 07:32 PM
It's called being professional.So, not pointing out that a major part of the Chiefs' problem is their head coach and their general manager is "professional"? How so?

I didn't suggest he be called an incompetent fucking douchebag (which he is), or a friggin' retard (again...he is). IMO being a "professional" football announcer means you tell the whole story, and you're not doing that if you don't mention how atrocious the Chiefs are.